Philadelphia FIGHT Employee Reviews

A growing, collaborative, & principled place to work
social worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2018
FIGHT has allowed me to work autonomously while providing supervision and training when needed (free and in-house). I've been able to create my own groups and programs and collaborate with medical providers, medical case managers, D&A counselors, and other staff to team cases and strategize care plans. I feel like a valued member of the organization who has room to grow and evolve as a professional. When former staff challenged leadership on issues of cultural competency, a position was created with a veteran clinician and FIGHT supervisor to address these issues. I have gotten to know staff who I don't work with directly (such as research and phlebotomy staff) and they are all passionate and dedicated to their work and clients. Grateful to be here.
Racist and Transphobic Organization
Frontline Staff (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2018
The patients are great! The chief level and management staff are racist and transphobic, which makes it a violent and intolerable place to work. There are daily microaggressions that get ignored. HR follows the direction of the CEO, so there are no protected spaces.
Pros
Work with patients is rewarding
Cons
Racist & transphobic
exciting workplace without the power dynamic
frontline worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 22, 2018
Fight became super stressful and it wasn't from the work load but from upper management. It makes it complicated to do your job when the ED feels they are working with primitive creatures, as she calls people of color. Working with the clients is amazing, and knowing your doing work that matters is a great feeling. Fight has a lot to offer, but the racism is real and suffocating.
Needs improvement
Certified Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 13, 2018
typical work day taking vitals rooming patients check in and out busy office. Short staffed so everyone has extra tasks but does not do their share. I would never work here again.
Pros
Working for a cause
Cons
Care about the patients careless about staff
Great Company
Prison Linkage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2017
Great Team to work with. and very passionate about helping the community. The HR department takes forever to get back to you however once you are in you are in for good.
excellent learning envirornment
HIV Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 25, 2017
poor upward mobility, I learned so much at FIGHT,from how to listen to clients, to how to encourage them to engage in medical treatment. The hardest part was listening to someone say that a client died, the best part was when a client reached a goal, or overcame an obstacle, workplace culture was very laid back, and sometimes other departments didnt always see eye to eye, but overall an amazing and wonderful place to work
Pros
great support system generous time off vacation/sick/personal days
Cons
political climate, favoritism
Great work environment with dedication to public health issues
Social Media Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2017
Well organized non-profit organization with a passion for bettering public health services in disadvantaged and marginalized communities. Has a great family atmosphere, which makes it easy for new employees to adjust.
Doing great things for the community
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2017
Great place, doing good things for the community. They offer educational classes and community outreach programs. Philadelphia Fight also heads Aids Education month every June and that is a blast t for the people participating.
Pros
Great classes, helpful staff
Cons
some of the clients
Nice staff
Front Desk/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2017
Very nice laid back place to work Everyone their is nice friendly.Its a nice place to work.I also enjoyed the area the job was located at.The patients was nice when you get to know them they will have you laughing they are some nice people
Overall Quality Health Center
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  YHEP health CenterOctober 25, 2016
A typical day at work consists of checking in with team to strategize about patient interaction and workflow
I've learned about the underserved communicates that need access to quality healthcare.
My coworkers overall try to help each other within their assigned work duties and boundaries.
The hardest part is troubleshooting emergency situations
the most enjoyable part are the clients.
Pros
free lunches, holidays off, holiday parties, great employees
Cons
short breaks, inconsistent hours
absolutely amazing
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 4, 2015
Staff was great clients were amazing. never a dull moment in the clinic. Looked forward to coming back everyday. Everyone in office performed excellent team work.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
can get busy but thats expected in a doctors office
Meeting/communicating with various people from all walks of life is a great and learning experience.
Peer Assistant (Current Employee) –  TREE IOP/OPAugust 31, 2015
Working with such awesome colleagues is helping me with various lessons needed to work in a recovery program, each day I meet and talk with clients on various topics and its so uplifting when clients stay sober and clean... Our staff here at TREE are incredible they show compassion and respect to each individual and when in times of crisis we come together as a team and help each other. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing when clients smile and make achievements on their own... And yes' I enjoy staff gatherings...
Pros
I like the free lunches, I get to meet more staff fron Philly Fight each time I go..
Cons
interacting between both buildings 1233 and 1229 is rewarding, an oppurtunity to inneract with staff from everywhere...
Even Planning Internship
AIDS EDUCATION MONTH INTERN (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 19, 2015
During my time working for FIGHT I was heavily involved in planning events for AIDS education month in June. I was responsible for collecting materials for every event. Materials included a housing resource guide, posters, pens, business cards, brochures, t-shirts, and similar items. In addition to gathering materials I organized the volunteers for each event and also assisted in registration for the events. I loved the freedom management gave me. They trusted me to complete assigned tasks independently. As long as I reached the deadline, I had freedom to do what I pleased. The most enjoyable part of my time at FIGHT was when I was able to interact with the public at events and hear how much they enjoyed their time.
great working experience
Project TEACH Class assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2014
•Managing the Project TEACH database;adding new clients to the database and update current client information in the database

•Co-facilitate lessons withing the duration of a Project TEACH class

•Responsible for maintaining order withing the Project TEACH class, give support to the the lead instructor of the class.

•Give support and assistance to the attendees of the project TEACH class
Public Service Motivated Environment
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2013
A multiservice nonprofit organization which is comprised of hard working dedicated employees who take pride in providing culturally competent services to HIV-affected individuals.
Community orientated facility
Certified Pharmacist Technician,Medical Records (Former Employee) –  1233 Locust St Philadelphia,PaAugust 5, 2013
How to work with a very diverse client base my co workers were a delight to work with helping to get 1300 patient paper files scanned into the electronic health record system,knowing that i was making a positive difference in many peoples lives
Pros
Freelunches three days of the week and massage therapy every 4 months
Cons
to little chance to advance within the company