Philadelphia Insurance Companies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
horrible organization
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAJune 6, 2018
I have never worked for a more covertly racist establishment. This is not a place for women of color - they do not promote black women at all...only white women and men even when black women are more than qualified for reach opportunities.
A lot of free food and jean days.
Customer Services Representative II (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJune 2, 2018
Everyone is very friendly and great to work with. Vacation and Sick time off is standard. The day before a holiday, you get off 2 hours earlier. Training is okay, could use more time to learn new projects.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Training
Does not accommodate
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 30, 2018
Very uncomfortable place to work. Unconventional corporate environment. Lack of caring. White on white. Not many people of color work in claims. Dysfunctional.
Great company, good people.
Account Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMarch 28, 2018
A typical day at work was laid back yet productive. I learned a lot of general office and professional skills. Management is good, they are always trying to keep the teams motivated. The workplace culture was great, everyone was super friendly. The hardest part of the job was the learning curve that needs to be met but the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people in a professional environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short lunch breaks
No room for advancement and worked there a year and a half with no raise so I left
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 21, 2018
I enjoyed the work and the co workers and that does not include the management. It was close to home and at the time the salary seemed ok as it was several years ago. Good benefits
Pros
The work, the distance from home and casual dress
Cons
A very small office with a very stressful manager, no raise while I was there, and they started to make a lot of company changes that affected my position
Fun place to work
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSMarch 20, 2018
It was a great place to work there just wasn't much more for growth. The raises weren't great. The company really did care about the people. I left do to a new opportunity.
Good place to learn
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  PAFebruary 1, 2018
This is a good company to come and learn new skills. This company offers entry level jobs which is good when you have limited skills. The pay for the claims assistant is $12 through the agency. Philadelphia insurance companies doesn't pay much more that the agency. The pay is what made me seek other opportunities. Other insurance companies in the area pay more.

They need to improve the training, but you work around good people. You don't have to be here long to see that they are understaffed and growth is limited.

If you want just a job, or you need a easy going job, or a second job. This may be the company for you.
Pros
Entry level jobs
Cons
Pay
BEST Insurance Company to Work At
Marketing Co-op (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2018
The culture and atmosphere are unparalleled to any other insurance company out there. Free gym access, company outings, free luncheons, food events, family events, galas, amazing management teams, and much more!
Productive work environment with team atmosphere
Specialty Underwriter - Surety (Current Employee) –  West Bridgewater, MAJanuary 21, 2018
It was a nice entry point into a professional career.

Recommend the surety branch for overall work flow

Management needs to work on communication to employees
Phly
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAJanuary 2, 2018
This is probanly my favorite job. I wish the IT president did not have to leave. I probably would still be there. The atmosphere was nice, the employees were appreciated. I miss working for a big compnay.
Productive evolving job
Administrative Assistant / Compliance Dept (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 16, 2017
A joy to work for, gives great incentives and a healthy lifestyle to keep you going. Busy and evolving. I love to work here and I have Job security. A pleasure.
Think phly
Executive Assistant/Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 28, 2017
The only reason I left PHLY was because my RVP relocated to Birmingham, Alabama. I would have still been employed there had this not happened. It was bitter sweet to leave.
Quality of Company
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 17, 2017
Not sympathetic to hard working employees and their health management while working under high pressures of stress. Job demands are very high and there is not enough staff to handle the volume in customer needs. The employees of the company are great people and helpful.
Pros
Free Food often
Cons
High demands and unrealistic expectations of employees.
N/a
Senior Contact Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PANovember 17, 2017
Philadelphia Insurance Companies is a great company to work for, great job culture, diverse co-workers. Work/life balance is heavily promoted and the benefits are decent.
Good Benefits
Assistant Underwriter/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 9, 2017
Worked at home, processing changes to policies
I learned a lot of commercial Insurance procedures
Management was large business type
Workplace was positive always will ing to try and work with you.
The hardest part I would have to say is the computer programs.
I enjoyed working at home, It is a great opputunity
Great benefits & fun place to work
Contact Center Representative II (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSJuly 5, 2017
Processing payments, answering certain coverage questions, & assisting on special projects are a typical day. The workplace is great, very nice & quiet environment. The company participates in activities such as corporate challenge, the good life, & volunteering hours.
Productive Environment
Assistant Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSJune 28, 2017
Productive and enjoyable place to work, good opportunities, plenty of work life incentives, great location, coworker friendly and company provides a great team environment
Great Place To Work
Contract Worker - Dubin Employment (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAJune 14, 2017
The office was close to home and the work environment was top notch and professional. The offered support when you were interested on keeping fit and the job assignment were challenging.
Best Company
Underwritten assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2017
I really enjoyed working for philadelphia insurance, they care so much about their employees, and very health fitness oriented.
Teamwork is a plus, management is very professional.
Draining and not challenging
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDApril 29, 2017
I have been working at PHLY for almost 2.5 years and I am exhausted. The company promotes having a healthy work/life balance but managers/team leads tend to be passive-aggressively choosy when it comes to PTO. As a whole, I like the company but there is work that needs to be done to better the relationship between managers and employees.