PHILADELPHIA SIGN COMPANY

PHILADELPHIA SIGN COMPANY Employee Reviews

Work facility was old an poorly maintained. The equipment is old and antiquated and most of the newer equipment are hand me downs from the main plant. Forget about advancement if you are an older worker. Covid 19 restrictions were rarely enforced.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Terrible communication and direction from upper management.
Family owned business. Ample PTO. Great health benefits. Management is willing to help or train if you need help. Easy to request off for appointments etc. Pretty laid back office environment but employees work hard with sometimes long hours. Depends on your position, but there is not a whole lot of room for advancement into other departments etc.
Pros
Pto
Cons
n/a
After a few years of employment here I can honestly say it is a great place to work. The work load is steady and majority of the time it is very busy. The work type is challenging and engaging. This is a setting where you 'get out what you put in'...push yourself and those around you and your experience will only get better. There are some fantastic employees that work alongside you and have decades of signage experience to share, use that and better yourself. I plan on being here for the long run.
Pros
Close to Philadelphia, Shop Attached to Office, Multiple Locations
Cons
Remote employees need additional training
To start I was not trained properly, it took me 6 months to figure out a way to handle all the work dumped on me. My supervisor was abusive and the HR main lady condoned it, my head boss who was a VP swore at me almost daily, I was grossly mistreated...I was helping all my coworkers because they were not answering their phones for installers, some where ordering the wrong signs and shipping them to the wrong addresses, the VP boss covered up everything she did wrong and when I got fired she blamed it all on me....I was not able to do my job well along with helping fix all the mistakes because we had to duplicate our work accross two information platforms...I’m glad Pats no longer there, he was a joke COO...the CEO Bob has no clue how badly his Managers are running the show...Abusive environment, run away....it doesn’t even pay enough to survive a job that takes more than 60 hours a week to succeed...very bad place for the soul.
Pros
Cons
Abusing environment poor HR and management
Project Manager - Work 8 hours a day, expected to answer the phone all the time, nights and weekends included. A lot of mundane work, spreadsheets are life. Pay is low for the line of work, benefits are pretty good, PTO is fair. Managers are fair, most of the time.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Pay could be much better
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
First and foremost any job is what you make of it. That being said if you apply yourself and put in a reasonable effort there's no reason you can't make a decent career at this place. Co-workers are friendly and management staff is knowledgeable. There are alot of long time employees here some with more than 30+ yrs. That tells me right off there must be something worth while in putting in the long haul. Worst case scenario remember if your starting off with no experience look at it this way your getting decent medical, a steady pay check, and most importantly your learning a trade. Where you go after that is all up to you but for me, myself working for an established company with steady work, plenty of overtime, decent insurance, substantial vacation over time , and easy going co-workers is more than I could ask for. Overall I'm pleased with the company.
Pros
Medical. Paid time off. Work environment.
Cons
Non so far tho time will tell
I liked the job however the work got boring, nobody cared for what they did and always undermined the young guys. Wasn’t my favorite place to work. Some guys were cool, others just stab you in the back.
I worked at the Palmyra location as a fabricator. They pay you peanuts! I took the job at a low rate figuring that it was a union job and that I'd eventually be able to make a liveable wage. How wrong I was!!! After getting good reviews from my supervisor during my probationary period I received nothing in return. The only raise you get is $0.27 a year from the union! And the union representation is a joke!
This place is a lie. Osha would not approve, place would get shut down if they inspected, managments trash, no appreciation, no raises, except the union which is 27 cents a year. So if im making 10 an hour and i worked there for 10 years I would just barley be hitting 12 and hour. Philadelphia Sign Company is a joke.
Good company a lot of hours good job security some of the rules are a little strange that hurt the employer and employee at the same time I overall like it there I’m just having a hard time surviving
No insentives or benefits to working here. Pay is under the industry standard and raises are very few and far between. Management only looks after management and is out of touch with what goes on day to day
Was not there long enough to form a true opinion. Got laid off in 5 months and considering I never worked in this field, training was incomplete. Coworkers on the whole were fine.
As long as I do my job, I am happy, my boss is happy, and the signs get made. I get overtime, sometimes it is stressful, but that is everywhere. I am at a company that has people that have been here 50+ years. Every day isn't a party, but my kids are fed, my bills are paid, I have a roof over my head, and I have benefits for everyone. So I do my job and then go home. Good for me because my family is taken care of.
Management is poor Job easy and easy pase .Coworkers easy to work with Pay is to low. I don’t recommend this place to anyone.some of the leads work teach it all depends on who you end up working with.
They have there little white peoples preference and every body else gets treated as iggers n yellow fethers if u r of any color except white be ready to be laid off with no recall and jimmy the butt kisser n plant manager are racist
November 22, 2019
Hello. We are reaching out to you in hopes of being able to make contact and also talk through the points you have made about your feelings about the company and resolve this. We are sorry that you feel this way and we do not want to ignore your feelings and it is hard to come forward and voice an opinion. When there is feedback, we can step back, and work to change what could be happening so that this is something that does not continue. Please reach out to hr@philadelphiasign.com. Philadelphia Sign is an equal opportunity employers which many different employees from many different backgrounds in various roles throughout the company. Thank you for voicing your opinion and concerns. We hope to hear from you soon.
Horrible place to work.if your not office personal then you do not matter.thr rats running through that place had more seniority then you did.not a good place at all to work
November 22, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are looking into ways in which we can improve each day. We appreciate and value this information.
When I started at Philadelphia Sign everyone made a point to introduce themselves, and make me feel welcome. My boss dedicated a lot of time in my training and making sure I felt comfortable in my job duties. The atmosphere is fun & friendly, while everyone is also hard working. Anyone I have gone to with questions has taken the time to help me. Although they themselves are busy, no one has made me feel like I was interrupting. This is the first job I've had that allows you to have and maintain a good work/life balance. The company is very family oriented and management truly cares about their staff. There is job security here as the company has been in business for more than 100 years, along with many people being here for 10-40 years. The benefits & PTO are really good! My first year I will receive more PTO time than in 5 years at my last job. There is an annual Cost of Living increase along with more for Merit. In the break/lunch room there's free coffee and periodically vendors bring in food for everyone too. I would highly recommend this company!
At Philadelphia sign company you are given work but not much else. It is hard to move up in the company but the work environment is laid back. Management is attentive but not too many incentives are offered and compensation should be higher for the work being done
Started off at a great place and it turned into a bad place as no one was helpful in helping me to understand the specifics of certain jobs that they held and then given to me. No help at all.
Pros
Cons
Very “clicky” place to work
Philadelphia Sign Company is a coffin. No Employee reviews. No cost-of-living pay increases. No chance to negotiate a raise unless you have an offer from another company. No amenities whatsoever - meals, gym, massage, daycare, petcare, maternity pay, paternity leave, etc. It is as if an office was somehow transported through space and time from the 1970s. If you are hired by this company, you will be trapped at that position and salary for many years.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Everything else
June 25, 2019
Hello! I am very sorry to see the dissatisfaction with your experience at Philadelphia Sign. Every experience is different with each role taken and I know you mentioned certain amenities that were important to you such as meals, gym. We do offer an annual Cost of Living increase along with more for Merit. There is also maternity leave and paternity leave available to full-time employees that qualify through the state of new jersey. For maternity, mothers can qualify for partial pay for up to 12 weeks, for example.
Worked for Philadelphia Sign Company for 10+ years as a administrative assistant. Enjoyable environment to work with management and co-workers. Very hard to leave such a great work environment.
Pros
Benefits, 401k, paid vacations