Philip Morris International Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 92 reviews matching the search See all 1,005 reviews
N/a
Computer Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2018
A lot of work to do. If need experience IT work here. You work at all IT levels. Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 exposure. Not easy to advance in the company,but IT exposure.
Pros
No advancement opportunity
Cons
IT experience
Muy buen ambiente laboral y trabajo en equipo
Supervisor de Ventas (Current Employee) –  Santiago RDJune 25, 2018
En esta empresa nos dan la oportunidad de crecer y el de marcar tus propios límites de carrera laboral
Was a good company
Regional Security Manager - Latin America (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2018
Was a good company in a very difficult industry. Lots of smart and driven employees. I did not believe in the product (cigarettes) but if people wanted to smoke them I did my best to support the employees and vendors who sold them.
Pros
good people and good perks
Cons
difficult industry lots of negative feelings about the products by society
very good company
fixer At Philip Morris for 31 years (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 30, 2018
Fixed Machines quick because Time is Money working together as a team was good. i got satisfaction in knowing i put a good product out to the customer.
Pros
Nice Company, got to show ownership in the job i did.
Cons
i really have no cons
Great Place to Work
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  MoscowMarch 16, 2018
PMI always attracts talents all over the world by it's culture and energy, challenges and recognition. It is a really amazing place to be in and you can always find opportunities to be developed
I enjoyed providing support to the sales team.
Administrative and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 12, 2018
Even though I was working part time, I enjoyed providing administrative duties to the sales team. Because of my organizational skills and work ethics, I worked with not a lot of supervision. I had the ambition and the drive to work hard and well.

I provided sales support by creating and distributing promotional letters to the sales team, documenting the promotional success via the accounting system Philip Morris used and tracked the sales representatives' progress files using Excel spreadsheet.

Furthermore, I processed accounts payable and kept inventory of office supplies and ordered them when needed.
Pros
I worked well with the sales team.
Cons
It was only a part time job and sales office closed after being there six months.
Philip morris usa
Machine Technician II (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 8, 2018
This company was great to work for, you had the team work there to support you. Excellent place to work, friendly people who become family to you.
You received training on a frequent basis.
You had meetings to bring you up to speed on the company progress
Pros
Excellent pay great people to work with
Cons
Plant closed forced over-time
Customer Care
Customer Care Executive (Former Employee) –  OtherFebruary 6, 2018
Great company with many benefits
Interesting projects to work on
Need to show flexibility and adaptability as managers do not always assign projects in line with your interests or career goals
Pros
Great work environment and infrastructure
Cons
Political and difficulty to move forward
It is an amazing place...without the senior management
Manager Digital Marketing and Sales - LA&C (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
Lack of direction, collaboration and forward thinking is creating hurdles in the recent past which make PMI a difficult place to work for people looking for challenges
great company but you spend many hours there
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 21, 2018
overall great company, but my crew was bought out and had to either stay and take a pay cut or find another job. You spend many hours at this company and the work is very fast paced.
Pros
compensation
Cons
overtime
Great Company
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2018
I love working at PM. I learned a lot of skills that helped me to advance within the company. It is an international company so I met various typed of important clientele Would still be there if they didn't relocate.
Pros
everything
Productive and enjoyable
Special Testing Auditor (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCNovember 30, 2017
I worked in Quality Assurance for 26 years as an auditor. I was inspected cigarettes, packs, cartons and cases after production. We worked numerous hours of overtime. I learned that in a production company, to get the job done, you had to pay very close attention to detail. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with. Over the 26 years, we became family.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Overtime
Very competitive company and good work environment.
Market Manager, North Caribbean (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicNovember 28, 2017
Preparing Business Plan, being involved in the market.
Cross functional role.
Very active and dynamic environment.
Working closely with Managing Director and Distributors was great experience.
Pros
Excellent compensation package.
Cons
A lot of pressure, and unexpected travel plan.
Associate Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2017
Unless you are ok with smoking inside the building, they don’t consider you to be a candidate for work.
Smokers and no smokers are welcome.
No very healthy environment
Great job and demanding
Manufacturing technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 8, 2017
The people are wonderful and is a global player in the market. PMI keeps and supports all kinds of career development and asks strong dedication from employees. Your learning something new everyday as well as multitasking which is something learned quickly in this job.
A great organization to grow as a professional
NBU (New Business Units) Sales Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Santo DomingoNovember 7, 2017
* A typical day at work: a lot of pending daily tasks, a couple of 1/2h non scheduled meetings, and a 2 or 3 completed assignments.

* I learned to work as a teamwork with many different culture people, to manage conflicts and hard situations (means to get two stakeholders with different points of view agreed), to gain an attitude of self-confident, to be proactive when unknown tasks (to find a solution), to lead with emotional intelligence (keep calm when a conflict shows up).

* Workplace culture: people from different countries and orientations.

* The hardest part of the job: to lead with the change of the company's general strategic and sometimes communication between head of functions and subordinates fails (is confused to understand where the organization is moving to).

* The most ejoyable part of the job: The flexibility of working hours and time off (as I need to).
Pros
Dress bonus, meal-rate discount, premium healthcare
A serious corporate environment
Conference Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 30, 2017
I enjoyed my position as Conference center coordinator. I had a variety of multitasking duties. The people who work there are very nice and helpful.
Great pay
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 24, 2017
great outside sales job
company car, free gas, great retirement plan and benefits
easy job
meet 10-12 accounts per day-gas stations, Costco, sams, convenient stores, etc
focus on sales and planograms
great flexible,
good advancement opportunities
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
selling cigarettes
best place I ever worked
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 22, 2017
Started working there in 1980. I was considered a misc. worker. From there I became a machine operator. I started operated slow running machines and advanced to the very high speed machines.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
mandatory overtime
Great Place
Senior Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 17, 2017
The overall experience of working at Philip Morris was great. The people and management were awesome and the advancement potential was extremely great. Awesome benefits and a balanced work life was all about Philip Morris.