Philip Morris International Employee Reviews

Associate Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2017
Unless you are ok with smoking inside the building, they don’t consider you to be a candidate for work.
Smokers and no smokers are welcome.
No very healthy environment
A great organization to grow as a professional
NBU (New Business Units) Sales Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Santo DomingoNovember 7, 2017
* A typical day at work: a lot of pending daily tasks, a couple of 1/2h non scheduled meetings, and a 2 or 3 completed assignments.

* I learned to work as a teamwork with many different culture people, to manage conflicts and hard situations (means to get two stakeholders with different points of view agreed), to gain an attitude of self-confident, to be proactive when unknown tasks (to find a solution), to lead with emotional intelligence (keep calm when a conflict shows up).

* Workplace culture: people from different countries and orientations.

* The hardest part of the job: to lead with the change of the company's general strategic and sometimes communication between head of functions and subordinates fails (is confused to understand where the organization is moving to).

* The most ejoyable part of the job: The flexibility of working hours and time off (as I need to).
Pros
Dress bonus, meal-rate discount, premium healthcare
A serious corporate environment
Conference Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 30, 2017
I enjoyed my position as Conference center coordinator. I had a variety of multitasking duties. The people who work there are very nice and helpful.
Great pay
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 24, 2017
great outside sales job
company car, free gas, great retirement plan and benefits
easy job
meet 10-12 accounts per day-gas stations, Costco, sams, convenient stores, etc
focus on sales and planograms
great flexible,
good advancement opportunities
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
selling cigarettes
best place I ever worked
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 22, 2017
Started working there in 1980. I was considered a misc. worker. From there I became a machine operator. I started operated slow running machines and advanced to the very high speed machines.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
mandatory overtime
Great Place
Senior Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 17, 2017
The overall experience of working at Philip Morris was great. The people and management were awesome and the advancement potential was extremely great. Awesome benefits and a balanced work life was all about Philip Morris.
Nice working environment
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2017
The organization does not provide the same level of volume and urgency compared to financial environment, but offers plenty of opportunities and training ground for emerging technologies.
Goodt Pay
Material Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 4, 2017
Philip Morris is overall a great place to work. There is overtime if you choose to work it and also decent benefits. You come to work and work without someone all over your shoulders. You just do your job and go home.
Fast-paced work envirnment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 30, 2017
I enjoyed the work environment, my co workers and the pay. I received lots of overtime and opportunities to make the most money. Opportunity for advancement is fair and competitive.
Pros
High Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Great place to learn marking fundamentals
Research Analyst, Consumer Insights (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2017
Managed $4MM proprietary consumer tracking program that was used to understand consumer dynamics and help drive marketing initiatives. Presented findings, implications and recommendations to members of Senior Team and various departments. Proactively uncovered that syndicated data was missing about 15% of category sales by use of tracking program.
Pmi
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  BelgradeSeptember 19, 2017
A huge company, global player. It drives you and sure will eat you if you dd not find the right balance between life and work. PMI keeps and support all kinds of career development and ask strong dedication from you, too.
Loved it!!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 5, 2017
My experience at Phillip Morris was excellent. Had lots of training and got to travel to headquarters all inclusive (Illinois to Virginia). The environment was great as were co-workers.
Pros
Excellent benefits, environment
TSM in San Diego
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 26, 2017
Managed over 100 accounts in the San Diego area managing Philip Morris's huge portfolio of products. I learned a lot about category management and marketing as well as managing a territory.
I enjoyed the people I worked with
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIJuly 6, 2017
I have to say you never knew what your days was going to be like because your day was always different. It could change as soon as you walked through the door. It could go from problem solving, account issues, meetings, orders not right, head quarter changing due dates, computers not working, equipment problems, etc... but the one thing I could say I loved my job it was challenging and fulfilling.

Your learning something new everyday as well as multitasking which was something you learned how to do real quick with this job it also made the job rewarding when you were able to meet several deadlines for many different levels.

Retailer were hard at times to understand but you worked with them and do the best you could to help. Great people to work with and fun to be around. I have no complaints about anyone I worked with. If the office didn't close I would still be working there.
Pros
Poeple, benifits, work life balance
Cons
I really don't have cons
Security
G4s Solutions (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 19, 2017
Its a nice place, even though I do work for an security company, I like the opportunities that they have , they have advancement's, benefits, and I would like to work with them some day..
This company is built on expanding and growth of the employee and the company as a whole.
Unit Manager, Military Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2017
Very supportive company with continual training in the sales process. A lot of communication between sales managers and the management. A clear definition of what is expected from sales goals to gross profit for the company on a yearly basis.
Pros
Great training, great benefits, great pay and benefits.
Cons
I traveled a lot.
The money that was paid to the employees was fair.
Direct Material Handler/Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 17, 2017
Working at PM was a challenge @ the beginning. Once secure in my job became easy. But in my case I became extremely ill & almost lost my life behind it while working for PM. Where I had Acute Pancreatitis, renal failure, dialysis, sudo cyst infection, stomach aneurysm, on life support all while in ICU. When this happened to me over the course in a year. Got denied long term disability while out that year to protect me from loosing my job. So my Dr. released me to return to work right before my year was up & I worked 8 days then got admitted back into the hospital on my 9th day where I stayed in the hospital 6 more days. Because I didn't work 10 days PM terminated me & I was let go of my duties there. True..... They aren't obligated to keep me employed. But all that I encountered while fighting to live & not having my job which is a multi-billion dollar company to be there like I've been for my years of working. Shows why I feel negative about this company.
Pros
The time off.
Cons
Not being there for there employees.
trabajo bien remunerado
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santo DomingoJune 15, 2017
Ambiente laboral muy dinamico. Excelente remuneracion y oportunidad de crecimiento.
At first it was a great company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 30, 2017
In 1977 Philip Morris was a great place to work. No matter what position someone held, they had all started out as a sales representative. But as this changed in the early ninties, the company became more focused on what was coming out of people with he job business degrees, and the company divested them selves of many loyal and productive employees.
Good
Senior Disaster Recovery Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 23, 2017
Developed, managed and maintained a comprehensive Business Continuity Program. The program required the annual delivery of the Enterprise Risk Assessment and Vulnerability Study, the Business Impact Analysis, the update/rewrite of the Enterprise Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan. What was most important was the freedom I was given to implement plans and conduct training. Always had full access to senior and executive management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philip Morris International. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3