Philip Morris International Employee Reviews

Found 97 reviews matching the search See all 1,057 reviews
Cigarette Manufacturing
Manufacturing Technician III (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 29, 2018
Most days were the same. Management was some times hard to work with, some times management was great it just depended on which manager you had. I was able to learn many different parts of the manufacturing process and worked with upper level Management and engineering to improve over all efficiency.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Dirty environment
Company with best culture and innovation
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DoubsOctober 3, 2018
Pros

all employees are considered as asset owner in the company. I completely respect and appreciate what employees are doing for people with disabilities and behavioral issues and environment Frankly, this why I wanted to work here.

Cons

Because it is very fast-paced, there is a lot of work to be done always. Sometimes it can feel overwhelming if the work/life balance is off.
Machine Operator
PT 1 End Of Line & PT 2 Packer Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 12, 2018
Most of this job consisted of operating cigarette packing and making machines. Since I was certified to operate End of Line equipment and Cigarette Packing equipment I was pulled from my normal machine to fill in when some workers did not come to work to keep the production numbers.
Great company
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz do SulSeptember 11, 2018
Philip Morris is a great company to work. They do have a career program where you can see clearly where you stand for and what steps are missing. Benefits are great.
Fortune 500 Company
Territorial Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 10, 2018
Responsible for 121 accounts consisting of super markets, gas stations, drug stores and tobacco stores both independent and chain accounts. Managed part time merchandisers to perform daily activities. Responsible for selling and maintaining marketing department new products and contracts.
N/a
Computer Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2018
A lot of work to do. If need experience IT work here. You work at all IT levels. Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 exposure. Not easy to advance in the company,but IT exposure.
Pros
No advancement opportunity
Cons
IT experience
Muy buen ambiente laboral y trabajo en equipo
Supervisor de Ventas (Current Employee) –  Santiago RDJune 25, 2018
En esta empresa nos dan la oportunidad de crecer y el de marcar tus propios límites de carrera laboral
Was a good company
Regional Security Manager - Latin America (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2018
Was a good company in a very difficult industry. Lots of smart and driven employees. I did not believe in the product (cigarettes) but if people wanted to smoke them I did my best to support the employees and vendors who sold them.
Pros
good people and good perks
Cons
difficult industry lots of negative feelings about the products by society
very good company
fixer At Philip Morris for 31 years (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 30, 2018
Fixed Machines quick because Time is Money working together as a team was good. i got satisfaction in knowing i put a good product out to the customer.
Pros
Nice Company, got to show ownership in the job i did.
Cons
i really have no cons
Great Place to Work
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  MoscowMarch 16, 2018
PMI always attracts talents all over the world by it's culture and energy, challenges and recognition. It is a really amazing place to be in and you can always find opportunities to be developed
I enjoyed providing support to the sales team.
Administrative and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 12, 2018
Even though I was working part time, I enjoyed providing administrative duties to the sales team. Because of my organizational skills and work ethics, I worked with not a lot of supervision. I had the ambition and the drive to work hard and well.

I provided sales support by creating and distributing promotional letters to the sales team, documenting the promotional success via the accounting system Philip Morris used and tracked the sales representatives' progress files using Excel spreadsheet.

Furthermore, I processed accounts payable and kept inventory of office supplies and ordered them when needed.
Pros
I worked well with the sales team.
Cons
It was only a part time job and sales office closed after being there six months.
Philip morris usa
Machine Technician II (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 8, 2018
This company was great to work for, you had the team work there to support you. Excellent place to work, friendly people who become family to you.
You received training on a frequent basis.
You had meetings to bring you up to speed on the company progress
Pros
Excellent pay great people to work with
Cons
Plant closed forced over-time
Customer Care
Customer Care Executive (Former Employee) –  OtherFebruary 6, 2018
Great company with many benefits
Interesting projects to work on
Need to show flexibility and adaptability as managers do not always assign projects in line with your interests or career goals
Pros
Great work environment and infrastructure
Cons
Political and difficulty to move forward
It is an amazing place...without the senior management
Manager Digital Marketing and Sales - LA&C (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
Lack of direction, collaboration and forward thinking is creating hurdles in the recent past which make PMI a difficult place to work for people looking for challenges
great company but you spend many hours there
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 21, 2018
overall great company, but my crew was bought out and had to either stay and take a pay cut or find another job. You spend many hours at this company and the work is very fast paced.
Pros
compensation
Cons
overtime
Great Company
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2018
I love working at PM. I learned a lot of skills that helped me to advance within the company. It is an international company so I met various typed of important clientele Would still be there if they didn't relocate.
Pros
everything
Productive and enjoyable
Special Testing Auditor (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCNovember 30, 2017
I worked in Quality Assurance for 26 years as an auditor. I was inspected cigarettes, packs, cartons and cases after production. We worked numerous hours of overtime. I learned that in a production company, to get the job done, you had to pay very close attention to detail. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with. Over the 26 years, we became family.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Overtime
Very competitive company and good work environment.
Market Manager, North Caribbean (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicNovember 28, 2017
Preparing Business Plan, being involved in the market.
Cross functional role.
Very active and dynamic environment.
Working closely with Managing Director and Distributors was great experience.
Pros
Excellent compensation package.
Cons
A lot of pressure, and unexpected travel plan.
Associate Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2017
Unless you are ok with smoking inside the building, they don’t consider you to be a candidate for work.
Smokers and no smokers are welcome.
No very healthy environment
Great job and demanding
Manufacturing technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 8, 2017
The people are wonderful and is a global player in the market. PMI keeps and supports all kinds of career development and asks strong dedication from employees. Your learning something new everyday as well as multitasking which is something learned quickly in this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philip Morris International. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss