Philips Employee Reviews

Found 1,171 reviews matching the search See all 2,894 reviews
nadfhdh
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 15, 2018
We are currently looking for a qualified individual for the primary purpose of processing and packing online orders for shipping. As the packer, you would be expected to pack quickly and accurately.

The position would also require helping customers in the retail store or on the phone, tagging inventory, moving and restocking displays, keeping the store clean and organized, and completing other assigned tasks. Punctuality is a must.

The ideal candidate for this job has a GREAT personality, interacts very well with customers, has a professional appearance and attitude, and works well when given directions. You will be expected to accomplish tasks while interacting with customers at the same time. Flexibility in this role is also important as management will be assigning various duties on a daily basis.
It could have been a great place to work.
Engineering Technician III (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WANovember 7, 2018
I like to help to make things better, every time I tried, my idea was discounted without evaluation. The competition on the tooth brush market will soon overwhelm them.
Pros
I no longer work there
Cons
unwilling to change
November 15, 2018

Hi there, I regret hearing that you didn't receive the recognition you had hoped for during your time at Philips. Thank you for sharing your honest review here. Your feedback has been duly noted. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Philips
INSIDE SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 6, 2018
No corporate direction and management is always over promising things that don't exist just to save their jobs. Not a place that I would recommend to a friend.
November 8, 2018

Thanks for your review. Your honesty regarding your experience is most certainly appreciated. Please now that our teams do read these pages as well, so your feedback might be taken into account. Once more, thanks for sharing. And I wish you all the best in your career from here on out.

Philips
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 2, 2018
I love/loved working at Philips. I enjoyed what I did every day. My job has challenges everyday that I am/was excited to tackle.

My favorite part of the job was the ability to take a concept form paper and actually build it and test it. I am a hands on person that likes to take products from cradle to grave.
November 8, 2018

Thanks for the great review! It's most definitely appreciated. Very nice to hear that you had such creative freedom, and that you've been getting opportunities to work like this. I'm excited for the future to see what might come from these prototypes.

OK place to work and get started, limited career development opportunities
Clinical Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 2, 2018
Good to get started out of school, diverse and inclusive culture, cutting edge technology and innovation; mainly collegial, peer-to-peer good way of working together
Not always coherent and concise strategy or frequent changes, increasingly bottom line-only oriented, frequent cost cutting measures; limited career opportunities in other areas or international deployment
November 8, 2018

Hi there, and thanks for chiming in regarding your previous working experience with us. It's great to hear that we've been able to provide a solid stepping stone after you graduated. It's unfortunate to see you go, but I do wish you all the best in your career going forward. And who knows; perhaps our paths will cross again in the future!

Dramatic transformation underway
Director (Current Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 1, 2018
The company is in the process of radically changing from conglomerate to a health tech company. It was a holding company and is transforming into a pure play operating company in the healthcare technology space. That said, there are many capabilities it doesn't have. So, it will be hiring a lot of technologists in the years to come, and de-emphasizing positions that are no longer needed as much.
November 8, 2018

Thanks for your message. It's true that we are an ever evolving company, whatever that direction might be, as that's the name of the tech-game. But it's equally true that we do value our talent, and partly through the Philips University we intend to keep as much talent close to us.

Assembler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 1, 2018
Typically busy all day had periodic times of slow prep work. learned new skills and assembly line work, hardest part of job was some of the people you work with are not that easy to get along with
Pros
cafeteria in building, close to gas stations
Cons
management not easy to talk to alreday have opionions about workers.
November 8, 2018

Thank you for taking a moment to venture back to when you were working with us in Colorado Springs. It's good that working with us has been an experience worthwhile for personal growth, and I would like to wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Take care!

Philips is just OK
Co-op Process/ Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSOctober 29, 2018
It was not the greatest Co-op, but they did pay well. Some of the engineers are good, but some are not so great. It just depends on the individual. THe factory does feel a little disorganized and business is not increasing, but de creasing, so long-term employment might be a problem.
Pros
The salary people
Cons
The lack of organization in the company
November 1, 2018

Hello there, thanks for taking a moment to share a couple of points you've encountered during your time with us. I wish you all the best moving forward in your career from here on out.

Great global firm with great people - arduous processes
Senior Mkt. Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 29, 2018
This was a great experience for me, working for a large, global firm (foreign parent). The people I encountered, for the most part, were helpful and professional. Outstanding work/life balance and opportunity for a flexible schedule, as long as you were getting your work done. Large, diverse campus with excellent employee resources. Most challenging part of the position was meeting the annual targets. For my particular role, this was the singular and most important goal, ahead of anything else.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Over-emphasis on cost targets and cost control
November 1, 2018

It is appreciated that you've taken the time to tell a bit about your experience when you were working with us. I'd like to wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Its okay
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Reedsville, PAOctober 26, 2018
I liked what I did for a job. I liked the pace most times. I worked in an area with three areas and if we only have two of the three people it gets stressful. What doesn't help is when management pulls a second person to a line that has plenty of people. Leaving one of us to fill all three which is impossible. I truly dont believe the lead is professional at all. I think Skype needs monitored more. Benefits are great though. Cant beat them. But I wish they'd be more considerate on time off when it comes to bereavement. I didnt like using vacation when thats not my idea of a vacation. Also don't understand the role of the HR. Especially when her first response to any concern is "did you call people services". What is she even getting paid to do? We do all our paperwork for the job online. All the benefits and tests online. Her money could easily go back to the employees who fill a role that makes a difference. They are also supposed to be huge on family time. Well that's false. They were supposed to put in music in September. That is false. They were supposed to cut back overtime with now being a three shift operation. That was false too. I walked into a place with lots of false hopes. I worked at a job where I was working 11 hours a day and never saw my family. I have two small children and still never see them at this job. They took in orders they knew we couldn't meet. And instead of taking back the overtime they now require you to work every weekend but one Saturday a month. And being third shift we literally work every single day. We get done Saturday morning. Sleep all  more... day. Still no time with family. Then go back again Sunday night. I know that's how manufacturing works. But we aren't even treated like people that have family outside of there. Were just treated like property.  less
Benefits
Cons
NO family time. Managment

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your experience when working with us in Reedsville. The work/life-balance you're describing in your review does sound demanding, so it's appreciated that you've made note of this. Our goal is indeed to provide a better balance.

Our managing teams also read these pages, and they'll certainly be interested in reading your experience. I'm glad to hear that your benefits were good and you did enjoy the work itself, and finally I'd like to wish you all the best going forward.

Too focused on short term results, lacked long term vision.
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 24, 2018
There were a lot of great people at Philips, however the leadership culture was too focused on meeting short term financial goals contributing to a “whatever it takes” management philosophy at the expense of burning out valuable employees. The sacrifices asked to meet or outperform year end financial goals drove people out of the organization. It was not unusual to ramp up staff to meet short term goals, only to do wave after wave of workforce reductions later.

Philips is a great place for someone early in their career who wants to gain technical knowledge/skills, but management culture does not embrace longevity, unless you are in Andover.
Pros
Virtual work environment
Cons
Ineffective managers often ignored, rogue managers often valued
October 25, 2018

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to share your experiences of your time with Philips here. I'm glad to hear you were pleased with the virtual working environment and with your co-workers. Having said that, it's a pity that you didn't feel embraced to stay with us in the long term. We aim to be a good employer that challenges our employees, therefore this is not what I like to hear. I have noted and registered your feedback. Thank you again and I wish you all the best in your career!

Decent place
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 24, 2018
decient place to work training was ok people were nice management was ok but not technically knowledgeable
would recommend to anyone negative was that it was understaffed in my area
October 25, 2018

Hi there, many thanks for sharing your thoughts on working for Philips here. I'm delighted to hear you experienced your time with us positively and that you were pleased with your co-workers and the management. All the best in your career!

Great people working at the company
Customer Order Specialist Tier (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJOctober 22, 2018
Mean boss who was just difficult to everyone. I went to HR in her several times, however, i feel as though i was then laid off because of my complaints towards her.
Pros
On site cafeteria
Cons
Micromanagement
October 25, 2018

Hi there, thank you for sharing your experiences of your time at Philips here. I'm sorry to hear you've had issues with your former supervisor, regardless of talking to HR. Of course, we aim to be a fair and professional employer, so we have duly noted your feedback on this. Thanks again and I wish you all the best in your career!

They will suck the life out of you
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 22, 2018
I worked for this company for far too long and all I was was favoritism, nepotism and back stabbing within the organization. There is no work/life balance unless you are a "chosen one." It is a thankless company with questionable ethics.

They laid me off and had to hire....get this...FOUR people to do the job that I was doing flawlessly. I also blew the whistle on an unethical activity and the next month was laid off.

Not sure what the overpaid monkeys are doing, but they are quickly running this company into the ground.
Pros
Ability to work remote
Cons
No work life balance, thankless job, consistently hire underqualified individuals
October 25, 2018

Hi there, thank you for sharing your experiences of your time at Philips here. I'm sorry to hear you felt like the work ethics were questionable. We aim to be a good and fair employer and therefore regret to read your comments. Please know that you can always report your experiences at our EthicsPoint, which is managed by an independent third party. You can find them here: https://secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/100518/index.html. We appreciate your feedback in this!

Innovative company
Clinical Demo Specialist (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 18, 2018
Philips is innovative and offers challenging opportunities for their employees. This is a great company to work for.
The applications offered by Philips are fun and exciting to work with.
October 25, 2018

Hi there, thanks so much for sharing your experiences here. It's great to hear you have a good time working for Philips and that you feel challenged and get opportunities. That's exactly what we aim for. We wish you all the best in your career!

Excellent co-workers, promotions within
Senior, HR Onboarding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 15, 2018
Working at Philips was great. Excellent co-workers/managers, great environment to work in.
I started there as a temp worker for 6 months then was hired full time. Within 2 years was promoted to a newly created role. In a little over 3 years was promoted to Senior.
Trusted to work with no supervision and make my own decisions. Ability to work remotely when needed was an added benefit.
October 25, 2018

Hi there, it sounds like you were a very happy employee. Great to hear you had so many opportunities to grow within the company. This is something that's important to us, therefore it's great to hear this from a former employee. All the best in your career!

This was a good job, not stressfull
FIELD APPLICATIONS ENGINEER/ MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 14, 2018
I did good work at Philips, however the management axed our division. Management had no vision and only wanted to be a me too company. No they no longer exist. Their management basically managed the business to nothing.
Pros
it was a good job with good work life balance
Cons
Manament axed our division
October 25, 2018

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear your division was axed and that you felt like this was imposed by the management. Regardless, I'm happy to hear you did enjoy your time at Philips and experienced a good work-life balance. I wish you all the best in your career!

Great company to work for.
Contract Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 13, 2018
Philips is doing great things in the medical devices industry, in the healthcare continuum. Philips makes Great products, and is very customer focused.
October 25, 2018

Hi there, it sounds like you are a happy employee. :-) Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts here and I wish you a great career at Philips!

To much going on
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSOctober 12, 2018
Management doesn't care about employers all they care about is production... No matter how hard u work they don't see it... Wasn't bad when I started but the new owners done changed it tremendously and I don't like it
October 25, 2018

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you feel like your work does not get noted. It is very important to us that our employers feel acknowledged in our company. I would like to invite you to discuss your experiences with your HR manager, since change starts with awareness. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and all the best with your career at Philips!

Challenging and Exciting
Manager, Ultrasound Inventory (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAOctober 11, 2018
Philips was a great place to start my career. I was offered several job advancements and appropriate compensation. It was challenging and rewarding. The work was diverse and interesting.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
October 25, 2018

Hi there, it sounds like you had a great time at Philips. Great to hear you were given the opportunity to grow and that you felt challenged. Thanks so much for sharing this experience!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Philips.

Powered by Comparably