Play YouTube video button

Philips Employee Reviews

Featured review
Philips selected this as a representative review
Very nice people to work with
Compliance - Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 13, 2018
Great place to work but as a contracted employee there was no opportunity for a temp to hire. Had a chance to learn new computer applications as in SAP.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Temp job
Some good and decent people
Procurement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJuly 11, 2018
The culture was weird. I did not like it there. I was brought in to do a certain job but was not allowed to do my job... No support from management...
Call Center
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJuly 9, 2018
A typical day at work is to log on to the computer apps and start answering calls. On some days I am shared with our dispatch center. I've learned how to respond to emergency situations, more empathy than I had for the customers, how to program a pill dispenser and replace equipment for the customers. I enjoy some of the people I work with and the times that the company provides lunches for employees and pajama day. There isn't really a hard part to this position and the environment is pretty laidback.
Cons
Short lunches and do not accept doctor's notes

Hi there,

Thanks for telling something about your daily work. :) We're happy to have you with us and please keep doing what you do best!

Engaging workplace with positive mission
CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR, SERVICE CONTRACT MGMT (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJuly 8, 2018
Philips mission is to improve lives through meaningful innovation. This company is on the cutting edge in the healthcare sector (although some of the internal tools and IT are a bit behind the curve albeit improving). The workplace culture is healthy and management sincerely cares about the employees.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, remote work 1X/ week, generous PTO

Hi there,

It sounds like you're enjoying your time at our company. :) It's nice to hear you recognize our mission to improve lives and we hope you feel like you're doing exactly that. We'd like to thank you for sharing your review with us and we wish you a great day.

Excellent company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 8, 2018
Excellent company but management mishandled the acquisition of a successful custom integrated circuit business and that, coupled with a severe downturn in 2001 caused them to let 25% of their people go.

Hi there,

We regret hearing what happened back in 2001! We hope you have found another challenging job in the meantime. Anyway, we appreciate you sharing this with us and we wish you a nice day.

good place to work.
na (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 7, 2018
All companies have their ups and downs and good aspects and bad, but it is the people that make a company. I work with some awesome people and there is good comraderie and collaboration.
Pros
Great Benefits Good life work balance

Hi there,

We love hearing you and your colleagues are a good match! Working with a pleasant team is important, isn't it? Thanks for submitting your review and we'd like to thank you for your hard work for the brand.

Philips Healthcare
Test Technician II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 6, 2018
Ok place. great benefits. Management needs work. Priorities are out of whack. Cleveland location is being moved overseas because they can not maintain quality standards.

Hello,

Thanks for sharing something about your daily work at Philips. We regret hearing the local department is moving though! We hope this doesn't affect you. Thanks again for sharing your review and we wish you a great day.

it was great experience working at Philips
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 5, 2018
it was a great experience working at Philips and would love to go back if given more opportunity to continue working there. I wish we didn't off shored our products and continued to build USA side.
Cons
management was scarce and limitted

Hi there,

Sorry to hear what happened! It sounds like you would still be interested in working for our brand. Thanks for sharing your story and we hope you've found another challenging job in the meantime.

Was a good company
Senior Production Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 3, 2018
enjoyed my time there
Good people who have been there a long time. Going through some big changes. Application I supported was being sunsetted
good location
July 5, 2018

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing! We hope you have found another cool job in the meantime and we wish you all the best.

fast paced technology company
Sr. Director, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 26, 2018
Enjoyed working at Philips, very well managed and progressive company with heavy investment in technology. Very innovative and opportunities for advancement
Pros
job benefits and advancement
Cons
constant re-organization
July 5, 2018

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We think other potential employees can learn a lot from such reviews. We're happy reading you enjoyed your time at Philips!

Fast paced company in a growth industry
VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 26, 2018
The work is very focused. They have a good team of people who are a pleasure to work with. The product breadth is getting better as well as the service.
Pros
New technolgy
Cons
Reports
June 28, 2018

We're happy to hear you had such a wonderful team around you! Thank you for letting us know, and for all the work you've done for us. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

many changes going on
Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 26, 2018
Many Changes going on, company going through acquisition, from analog products to digital products, very barriers to entry into new products, new competition
June 28, 2018

Hi, we are indeed a company in transition, and we can imagine you have seen quite a few changes over the years. Thank you for your review and most of for all the work you're doing for us!

Great company!!!!
CT/NM System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2018
Great company loved working here. Very challenging and rewarding work environment. Always new thing to learn and always surrounded by encouraging and helpful people.
June 28, 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to reflect on your experience in working for us. We're very happy to hear that it is a positive one so far and hope to have you with for a lot longer! :)

Great growth experience
Billing Manager and Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 25, 2018
Working at Philips made it very easy to relocate. They help with my relocation and made the process easy.

I learn a lot about what it means to work in a large corporation and was offered a tremendous amount of training.
June 28, 2018

Hi, it's wonderful to hear your relocation went so smoothly and that you learned a lot while you were with us. Thanks you for letting us know, and we wish you all the best in your future career!

Not productive or organized
Senior Biomedical Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 22, 2018
A lot of daily stress and pressure. We were "putting out fires", instead of resolving issues. My direct manager behaved like an angry Chihuahua. Him and I always locked horns.
Pros
Salary
Cons
The worst company I have ever worked for.
June 28, 2018

Hi, we're sorry to hear that you often locked horns with your direct manager and the daily stress you felt. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here, your feedback is much appreciated.

Remote worker
Director of Facilities West Region (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 22, 2018
Working remote has advantag s and disadvantages. I was not micromanaged but missed out on key assignments Senior management lacked team leadership skills and did nit support team with customers
June 28, 2018

Hi there, reading your review it does indeed feel like you had a mixed experience in working for us. Thank you for sharing and we wish you all the best!

Enjoyable place to work and learn
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 19, 2018
I was a territory Sales Mgr. and sold the Magnavox, Sylvania, and Philips, consumer electronic lines to major retailers in Illinois and Wisconsin .Magnavox was also at the cutting edge of computer technology at the time.it was a very exciting time to sell consumer electronics. I was based at my home office and was very productive. A great place to work.
Pros
company car, matching 401k, excellent medical/dental, recognition awards
June 21, 2018

Hello there, it's a delight to hear that you enjoyed working here. Thanks for sharing your experience. Wishing you the best!

Great People but lack of understanding
Temp (Former Employee) –  Reedsville, PAJune 19, 2018
The employees are great. Depending on the team you worked with the job was enjoyable. Overall, 90% wasn't a bad job. But honestly, lack of understanding.
Pros
Employees are fantastic
Cons
Total lack of understanding and caring
June 21, 2018

Hi there, we're happy to hear you had a team you enjoyed working with. Thanks for the feedback, we definitely appreciate it. Wishing you the best in your future!

Longstanding European company with employees in mind
CT Sales Specialist Executive (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CT New England and New YorkJune 19, 2018
Hard working company. Good products. Culture is in the interests of the employee.
They did like to reward employers and gave lots of incentives
Product sales is demanding and you had to meet your goals, as expected.
Pros
good people
June 21, 2018

The employee is very important to us, indeed. Great to hear you recognized that during your time at Philips. Thanks for reviewing, we really appreciate it.

Big Brands...Micro Managers
Associate Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 14, 2018
Big recognizable brands...cross your fingers and hope for a great manager...they do exist but get over shadowed by the micro managers that think they run the place.
June 21, 2018

Thanks for the review. Even though it's unfortunate to hear about the micro-managers, we do hope you feel like you had a great manager. Wishing you the best in your future endeavors!

An air conditioned workplace with a relaxed atmosphere
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 13, 2018
I worked on the assembly line at Philips in Carlsbad, and had a good experience. The job paid a few dollars above minimum wage, and was also indoors and very well air conditioned. In addition, the staff had a big love of fun, and during my first week working there I participated in an "Olympics" which allowed me to compete in various activities with my coworkers.
June 21, 2018

Hi there, we love to hear you enjoyed working at Philips. Well air conditioned? "Olympics"? That sounds amazing indeed. Thanks for sharing!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

68out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Philips.