Philips Employee Reviews

Found 1,208 reviews matching the search See all 2,972 reviews
Great Company!
Philips Healthcare Zone Installation Director (Former Employee) –  South ZoneJanuary 19, 2019
Great opportunities for career advancements. Great benefits with competitive pay. On the cutting edge of healthcare environment. Philips is on goal to improving peoples lives with their products and solutions.
Great work from home position
CLINICAL EDUCATION PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 18, 2019
Typical day was answering emails and calling and speaking with customers. Management was amazing and was very hands off, but was available if there was a problem. Hardest part of the job could often be being at home so much. Most enjoyable part of the job was the flexible schedule and the salary.
Pros
Flexible working schedule, good pay and benefits
Cons
Frequent layoffs
Very productive and also fast moving
Intern projects (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 15, 2019
I learned a lot during this internship. The project was object detection from images online. The most challenge issue was to create a detection model as well as a dataset. I worked from day to night, 13 hours a day to solve problems.
Pros
free food, very nice mentor
Cons
hard work, fast paced
January 17, 2019

Free food as an intern can be a god-sent benefit for sure, certainly if you're making long days. I'm glad to hear, even though it was hard work, you've learned a lot and had a challenging time. That will surely be a very strong foundation for your career to come!

Inside Sales
Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 15, 2019
Building relationships with customers and your field counterparts to ensure success for your region.
Communicate with customers and field on status of what you were working on.
Quote equipment with supplies for customers finding the right solution for them.

What I learned: We had a lot of continuing education and everyday we learn something new.

Workplace culture: Enjoyed the teams I worked with collaborating.

Hardest part of the job: When multiple requests come in and you are at the end of the month trying to process and help with everything.

Enjoyable part of the job: Working with all my counterparts and delivery great service and products.
Pros
Feeling of helping others
Cons
Not meeting those customers you work with a lot.
January 17, 2019

Thanks for giving us an 'inside' in the inside sales! ;) It's very nice that you've taken apart a couple of impressions and experiences to boil them down to a couple of points, which could be helpful for employee and employer alike.

Good work/life balance compnay
Director of AI/ML (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Executive Management have direction but no patience in making that direction a reality. Too many acquisitions based company and cross group collaboration is very less. Benefits are OK compare to industry standards but no focus on the growth of the middle management employees
January 17, 2019

We appreciate that you've taken a moment to look back at your time with us so far. That's also helpful for us to keep on growing as an employer, as well as for new talent looking to join us. Thanks.

Management can not handle feedback on their mismanagement or compliance issues
Sales (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 11, 2019
Pay is adequate for contract work. Sales contractors make no commissions. However, the management leaves a lot to be desired. They start projects with people that do not know how to run them. I brought them many compliance issues... one being placing inadequate information in their CRM Salesforce system that is actually used to market people that clearly was not for the persons name to be entered off the lead. When I brought this to my Manager she just looked at me along with the trainer... and said just enter it. Basically, that I should not worry about it. That it was a management issue and I am not management. Yet, she was and she disregarded the issue and I was sent to my desk to go make sales calls and place inadequate information into their sales leads funnels. Ethical issue if you ask me. Someone will one day be marketed with someone else's name to their email. This is the type management they have.

On top of that, her manager also had a problem about me asking questions... since the next day after me asking her a question on an issue they were addressing in a meeting... I was released from the project. I told her I was an ethical person and will not do anything that compromises my ethics or could be a compliance issue. She got a bit defensive in the team meeting and answered the question incorrectly... trying to slide over what I was asking. She did not want to answer the question but instead tried to disregard it.

I am good with their decision to end my project time there, because I refuse to sit down while the company or the people I work with or the customers
  more... I am there to change the lives of get disrespected. I have morals and ethics to protect and would rather be unemployed that surround myself with people like that.

I am not done... I will be writing to the higher ups at Philips to let them know what they have on their hands. I am sure they would love to know their managers are running their new projects like this... then they wonder why the sales numbers are like that. They will soon know.
Cons
Poor Management, No one care and does not use their brain or like people who do.
January 17, 2019

Thanks for taking the time and the opportunity to give a thorough explanation of the experience that you've had working with us with a while. I've already responded to your message on Glassdoor. However, as previously said; some of the things you describe range from sounding unusual to wrong. Please know that we do take things like this serious, and we'd therefore also like to advise to contact our ethics line.

We hope there are good things ahead, and we would like to wish you all the best in your career from here on out.

Remember this depends on what office
Contract Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 9, 2019
The place I work has a gym, ability to work remotely without cumbersome oversight. Definitely a great place to learn and grow as a team while taking on challenging projects.
January 10, 2019

Hi there, great to hear that you've learned and grown so much during your time with our company and that you got to work on challenging projects. Thank you for sharing your experience as a Philips employee here and the best in all your future endeavors!

good place to work
HR Contact Center Advisor (Former Employee) –  Andover, MA 01810January 7, 2019
coworkers and management work well together. Able to work remotely was a great benefit. Salary is fair. Clean professional workspace. Enjoyed working here.
Pros
excellent work environment
January 10, 2019

It's good to hear that everyone in your department worked well together during your time at Philips and that you've enjoyed working for us. Thank you for sharing this here. We hope you've already found (or that you'll soon find) another position that is to your liking. All the best in your professional career!

Fun atmosphere
Field Service Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2019
I enjoy traveling with Philips. Benefits are excellent. Teamwork was important for my role .I learned different equipment repair with Philips. The hardest part was our deadlines.
January 10, 2019

Hi there, good to hear that you've learned a lot during your time at Philips and that you were happy with the benefits provided. Thank you for leaving your review here. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

quick paced
Field Service Dispatcher Customer Service Support (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 6, 2019
team player, collaborating with other department to achieve task required, customer service satisfaction, quick learner when it comes to new job duties
January 10, 2019

Hi there, thank you for telling us about the time you've had at Philips. We're happy to hear it has been a good one. All the best in your professional career!

Fast Paced
Senior Clinical Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 2, 2019
Fast Paced environment that allows for travel and professional development. Work life balance is not well adjusted for the time requirements of the job. Compensation is fair, but could definitely be better considering the time requirements.
Pros
Great Benefits
January 3, 2019

We appreciate that you've taken the time to share a couple of thoughts on your workplace and us as employer, as a Senior Clinical Education Specialist. The feedback is much appreciated, and please know that our managing teams can read these pages, so they can perhaps address certain points in the future. Thanks again for sharing!

solid company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 1, 2019
They are solid and offer fair wage and benefits. The problem is the job wasn't a challenge and limited future. It would be very good for someone who is ok for just settling at something for many years.
Pros
solid
Cons
limited future
January 3, 2019

Thanks for sharing! It's interesting to hear this. I do hope this function was able to provide you with a stepping stone to move to positions in your career that you were banking on.

Productive and overall okay place to work
Label Maker (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 24, 2018
Good attendance
Friendly work place
Flexible to work in all departments if needed
Multitasking
Need to be able to stand at least 8 hours a day
Need to lift at least 50lbs
Pros
30 min lunch and 10 min breaks
January 3, 2019

Thanks for sharing a couple of noteworthy points relating to your job in San Marcos as label maker. That's really helpful! :) I would like to wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Great benefits, decent pay. Management and supervisory terrifying and intimidating.
Assembler/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Reedsville, PADecember 22, 2018
Threats from managers, intimidation and retaliation from supervisors and a Worthless HR who does not investigate complaints or take someone other than the word from the supervisors or managers and allows this behavior. I've witnessed this happening to others. And was in the meeting when the manager threatened our jobs. Where is the GBP when you need them the most. It has taken a turn for the worse in the past couple years. Broken promises and threats to the whole crew. I am worried about losing my job after being here for years, I love it but to feel intimidated and threatened and having promises constantly fed to you and then broken in the next week...grrrr. People dont quit great jobs...the quit bad supervisory, management and HR.
Pros
Benefits. Coworkers. Job easy but challenging. Lots to keep you motivated.
Cons
HR does not follow policies supports supervisory and management intimidation, threats and retaliation. She is one sided.
December 27, 2018

Thank you for sharing this. We do understand there are things that concern you, and job stability understandably is very important. Regarding the described HR policies, we would like to suggest to contact the Philips ethics line. I do hope some of the things will take a turn for the better.

Transforming
Program Management (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 19, 2018
Company transforming and moving towards newer technologies at a rapid rate. Lots of changes in the company which is aiming to positively impact people across the world.
December 20, 2018

Hi there, good to see your opinion about the transforming strategy that guides Philips towards a positive impact across the world. Great to have you on board! :)

Terrible Sales Culture in HIT
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Eastern USDecember 19, 2018
This company is nothing is a Graveyard of the corpses of small, fast growing companies they suffocated to death with their arrogance and ignorance. HIT is managed by senior executives overseas with no experience in or understanding of the US Market. You will find they take a degree of pride in their ignorance because we are "doing it wrong" in the US.

The compensation plans are convoluted to disguise the fact even if you sell tens of millions in Healthcare IT products and services you will be lucky to break $120k a year. I know if one person in a fifteen state area that has made their number for the year.

Despite their pretense of being an "ethical" company you will find that management is anything but ethical. Middle and Senior management operate on a basis of "What Can We Get Away With" instead of what is right and ethical.

There are better and more profitable ways to spend your valuable time. I deeply regret my decision to come here and I cannot wait to find a new position in the coming year.
December 20, 2018

Hi there, thanks for your review. We would like to help out. If you haven't already spoken to an HR manager, you can also reach out to EthicsPoint, which is an independent organisation handling work-related issues. https://secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/100518/index.html Hope this helps! Take care.

Great opportunity for entry level sales
Surgery Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WADecember 17, 2018
I found the team to be quite helpful with onboarding. Although no formal product training took place, other members were more than generous with their time and knowledge.
December 20, 2018

Hi there, thanks for letting us know about this. It's great to hear you enjoyed your time at Philips. Sharing the knowledge is key, so I'm very glad to hear this has happened. Take care, and all the best.

good environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Ledgewood, NJDecember 13, 2018
it was a great environment and had a good time with my co workers! we used to be so competitive but i always try to be the best! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
good environment
December 20, 2018

Great to hear this! :) I'm happy you had such a good time in your team and at our company. All the best in your further career!

Great place to work.
Inventory Control Lead (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 13, 2018
Run Cycle count Report Reconile inventory
Managed Staff Three
Fun Please to work
Getting the Cycle count closed on time.
Had a great staff worked
Very Hard to keep accuracy at 97.5%
December 20, 2018

Hi there, thanks for sharing this here. We're glad to see you have fun in your workplace. We wish you all the best in your further endeavors!

I would not recommend Philips/Signify.
Procurement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MADecember 12, 2018
Enjoy core group of coworkers within same facility. Developing product and improving operations.

Too many tiers of management and change of management positions creating significant changes across BU's on regular basis. KPI's conflict from unit to unit. Much turmoil and loss of sales.

Hardest part is to meet KPI while harming other group's and their KPI's.
Pros
Medical Benefits and flexible work from home.
Cons
Conflict
December 13, 2018

Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience working with us. It's regrettable to hear it seems that there has been some conflict. We appreciate your input, and thanks for your work, I wish you all the best in your career from here on out in your career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.1K

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight