Philips

Found 1,714 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,960 reviews
lifelineproductphillipsbalancelightingculturechangehealthcare

Great Place to Work

Featured review

Philips selected this as a representative review
● Work-life balanceFamily oriented work place● OverallThis place has been one of the best work experiences that I have had. The turnover rate is small. Most people stay here and retire in 20 years. That says a lot about the culture and work life balance.

August 20, 2020
We're glad to hear that you're so keen on working for Philips as Global Events and Infrastructure Project Manager in Amsterdam. Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm here and thank you for being on board!

What is the best part of working at the company?Comradery of the folks you work with. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?the admin the FSE need to preform nowWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Philips defiantly want you to have a good work / life balanceWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Lok at your calendar, receive calls from planners for on site service, travel. Be able to move stuff around with the customers but then need to chat with a planner in order to do so, adds more time to the service work

Philips insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

ok

good workplace culturegood work life balancePoor management supportCompensation is not greatAdvancement in career is very difficultOverall its ok to work here

Decent

Working for the company is decent. There are a number of processes which could be improved though such as processes and otherwise, there tends to be much overhead that does not really seem to be getting fixed quickly.

No Accountibility No Human Resources on site

There is no structure or moving up in the company. The training is non-existant people are quitting like crazy and I dont blame them. There is no one in this building that cares about employees. Management is abusive and no corrective behavior is given to them. We have lost 12 people in about a month out of 60 people but that raises no red flags at the company how bad it is here. We are left alone in a hostile work enviornment and we just have to cope. We do not have the resources or materials to do our job. We go into back order and have to do twice as much work after it gets backed up then they will come at talk to us like it is somehow our fault then want to up the metrics. Getting promoted is like going on reality t.v. They put me in a team against another co-worker we had to Q/A each others work and work against each other it is awful trying to move up. Mangement will make fun of you if you go for a job and not get it.

What is the best part of working at the company?The only good part was the paycheck.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dealing with short sighted and self promoting management.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Depressing. Cut throat and back stabbing.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Doing our best to help customers in the face of corporate mismanagement.

November 17, 2022
Thank you for looking back at the time you've worked for Philips in Bothell. We regret to hear that your experience, when it comes to the management and work culture, has not been good. Your comments will be duly noted (our management is also reading all Indeed reviews and is listening) and we hope that you've already found or will soon find another position, one that is to your liking. Wishing you all the best moving forward!

Fine

Philips is just fine to work for. Positives and negatives like eveywhere else. I have a great supportive manager and feeel the same about all the other FSEs.

November 17, 2022
It's good to hear that you're happily working for Philips in New York. Thank you for saying a few words about your time with us so far and thank you for being on board!

Do not value their people at all

Philips makes great products but is a terrible place to work …. Do not respect/value employees, unattainable goals, threat of job loss is constant. Very heavy stress environment

November 17, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience. We're very sorry to hear that you do not feel valued at Philips and that you find the work environment stressful. If you've experienced behavior that you think is not consistent with our general business principles or behaviors, then please share this with your HR representative and/or via our Ethics line via this link, if you haven't done this yet: https://secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/100518/report.html. Our management is also reading all reviews on Indeed and is listening. We wish you all the best moving forward.

No mentoring to drive success in role

Can't get out of my current role fast enough, too much stress, too much responsibility with no one accountable to you... field employees have to work too hard to shield customers from corporate shortcomings in processes and product quality.

Pros

free coffee for in office workers, you get paid on time, 401k match

Cons

Health Insurance, there always has to be someone ranked very low during performance evaluations, layoff's every year, constant change driven by people who don't grasp the end-to-end process.

November 17, 2022
Hi there, thank you for leaving your review here on Indeed. Your feedback is appreciated. We're sorry to hear that your position at Philips is causing you a lot of stress. That all our employees are able to maintain a healthy balance between work and their personal life is very important to us and we regret that this isn't the case for you at the moment. Have you already discussed your concerns with your HR representative, to see how your workload could be reduced? If not, then we hope that we can encourage you to. Our management is also monitoring all reviews on this platform and is taking notes. We'd like to wish you all the best from here on out!

So long as you stay best friends with the manager you're in the clear

As soon as you question anything or heaven forbid you end up sick the management team will hang you out to dry and ask you to thank them for it. This has been one of the most disappointing positions I've ever worked in. There is no guidance. You will be constantly talked down to. The management team doesn't communicate and when you ask for clarification you will literally be yelled at. Then if you get on their bad side there isn't even any type of disciplinary action they wait for you to get home then they fire you via email and ask that you not come back in. The environment is completely hostile to work in.

November 17, 2022
Thank you for saying a few words about the time you've worked for Philips as Order Management Specialist. We regret to hear that your experience, with the management team in particular, has been a disappointing one. The work environment you describe definitely does not sound like the environment we strive for at Philips. We hope that we can encourage you to share your story via our Ethics line, which you can find here: https://secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/100518/report.html. Your concerns will be noted either way: our management is also active here on Indeed and is reading all reviews. We wish you the best from here on out.

No respect

Management, more specifically the COO, is a very rude person and very dismissive of any regard for equality in the workplace. Very demanding with no empathy.

November 17, 2022
Thank you for your review. It's clear that the time you've worked for Philips in New York has not been a positive one. We regret to hear this. We hope that we can encourage you to share your experience with the management via our Ethics line, via this link, if you haven't done this yet: https://secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/100518/report.html. We wish you all the best moving forward.

Great mission and commitment, poor execution

Great mission with people committed to that mission. Flexible work with great benefits. Great co-workers.Company is severely struggling at this time. Some due to external forces, but most is from internal poor execution. Executive management gets this and is trying to address.

November 17, 2022
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your experience is important to us. We're happy to hear that you're keen on the people you're working with at Philips and that you can find yourself in our mission. Your feedback is appreciated and will be noted.

Pretty good company

Pros:Good people. Good work environment. Good techGood WLBConsRecalls killing the placeDepends on team, some management are incompetentFDA regulated industry

November 17, 2022
Thank you for saying a few words about the time you've been working for our company in Cambridge as Software Engineer. We appreciate your feedback; your experience is important to us.

Tons of pressure and no pay.

Quotas have increased to an absurd level which in my opinion is the company’s attempt to pay sales less and save money. Pressure is at an all time high in my 12 years here, but with people leaving you are tasked to do 3-4 peoples job just to keep the place from burning down around us. Quality of service and installation teams has fell off a cliff, problems are endless and philips isn’t willing to spend the money to fix things timely and correctly. The sad thing is I actually love what I do and really enjoy the job. What I don’t love is doing everyone else’s job too and working myself to the bone for half of the money I made when I started here. Time to move on sadly.

October 13, 2022
Hi, thanks for your review. It's unfortunate to hear that your Philips experience hasn't been ideal, especially since you enjoy the nature of your work. Your input is important to us, as we'd like to listen and understand. Your points of improvement will also be used in the aggregate to continuously improve the lives and work experience of our employees. Wishing you all the best with your career.

Stressful

Very stressful environment with unrealistic expectations as you are seen as data and numbers and not a human. Lots of OT and travel. Don't expect workloads to be divided equally.

October 7, 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. It's unfortunate to hear that you find the environment stressful, and we'd like to encourage you to schedule a meeting with your Manager or HR Representative, as to address any gaps. In addition, your input is important to us, as we're interested in improving the lives of our employees. Wishing you all the best with your career!

It has changed for the worse

Perhaps mostly skewed because of new change in management that directly affects my team. Not much more to say other than Philips should be more careful in the persons they hire.

October 7, 2022
Hi, thanks for your review. It's unfortunate to hear that your Philips experience changed for the worse. Your input is important to us, as it helps us improve. Wishing you all the best with your future career steps.

Great place to work, Adaptable variable change and workflows, I don’t have anything bad to say except it was lower pay people deserve but overall excellent benefits.

Pros

Lotta flexibility awesome folks to work with, Best in cutting edge technology

Cons

Pay was low

October 7, 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. It's good to hear that the work environment and benefits added towards a positive Philips experience. Wishing you all the best with your future career endeavors!

Easy, relaxing chill job

Easy job just very competitive when working at this company. Everybody try to get to the top. You have to work hard to be recognized. No chance for slack people.

October 7, 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. It's good to hear that your Philips experience has been a positive one so far. Wishing you all the best with your career!

Great Place to Work if You Like Sustaining or Cut-Throat Environments

Worked there for over a decade. It's fun in the beginning, but over time your passion dwindles. At that point it's about staying alive by working in Sustaining for the great benefits or willingness to cut-throat to get to the top. Your job is eventually delegated to folks that will work harder for less money. Performance Review seems biased on how your manager perceives you versus actual performance.

Pros

Great Benefits While it Lasts.

Cons

Eventually Every Employee is Deprecated, Favoritism is Always Directed Back to Corporate Headquarters in Netherlands.

October 7, 2022
Hi, thank you for sharing your review with us. It's unfortunate to hear that your Philips experience wasn't exactly a positive one, especially since you found the work environment pleasant in the beginning. Your feedback is important to us, as we're interested in improving the work experience of our employees. Next to that, we'd like to encourage you to report any issues, via our Independent Ethics Line, here: https://secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/100518/report.html. Wishing you all the best with your career.

fun workplace

Wasn't a bad place to work. Good people to work with and for. Hours were decent Pay was decent for what we had to do. Turnover rate wasn't bad highly recommend

October 7, 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. It's great to hear your overall Philips experience was a positive one, and the work environment was pleasant. Wishing you all the best with your future career steps!

Productive Steady pace job

As a welder here I enjoy my job, and there is a lit of opportunity to grow and learn. Well organized for the most part and a lot of variety job wise within the company.

Pros

Great benefits, overtime, not to stressful

Cons

Medium pay

October 7, 2022
Hi, thank you for sharing your review with us. It's great to hear that your overall Philips experience has been a positive one. Wishing you all the best with your career!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

64%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Philips with

Philips reviews by popular job title

• Philips
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?