Play YouTube video button

Philips Employee Reviews

Featured review
Philips selected this as a representative review
Very nice people to work with
Compliance - Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 13, 2018
Great place to work but as a contracted employee there was no opportunity for a temp to hire. Had a chance to learn new computer applications as in SAP.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Temp job
Big Brands...Micro Managers
Associate Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 14, 2018
Big recognizable brands...cross your fingers and hope for a great manager...they do exist but get over shadowed by the micro managers that think they run the place.
An air conditioned workplace with a relaxed atmosphere
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 13, 2018
I worked on the assembly line at Philips in Carlsbad, and had a good experience. The job paid a few dollars above minimum wage, and was also indoors and very well air conditioned. In addition, the staff had a big love of fun, and during my first week working there I participated in an "Olympics" which allowed me to compete in various activities with my coworkers.
Great Job
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 11, 2018
Philips a wonderful company with a variety opportunities to learn and advance. Even though this organization is huge, the company does a great job at making employees feel like they're always supported.
Pros
Tremendous support
Cons
Work/life balance
June 14, 2018

It's great to hear you recognize the possibilities to learn and develop! Personal development is very important, we believe. :) Thanks for your reivew!

Corporate culture needs to change
Manager for Technical Publications (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHJune 11, 2018
High level management did not unleash the full potential of the workforce. Too many hurdles prevented us from achieving necessary milestones. Many people would take work home to achieve the necessary deadlines.
Pros
Great benefits, pay, 401K
Cons
Too many confusing processes, silo'ed culture and upper management did nothing to correct, more work than the resources could complete accurately
June 14, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your honest thoughts with us. Thanks for writing your review and we wish you all the best.

hours
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 10, 2018
Depending on the department you work within the company, and there are many, and who the manager is and the management style. Pay is based on a "curve". Even though your entire team performs well, managers were required to put someone on the low end of the rating.

Hi there,

Thanks for reviewing Philips as an employer. We hope you have found another exciting job in the meantime.

Not what it seems it be
Director (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 8, 2018
Very confusing organizational structure with no real accountability at the local level. Everything decision needs to be reviewed in Amsterdam. The matrix organization structure is not collaborative and the functional leaders make bad decisions that do not support the business needs. Very regulatory focused because of fears of the FDA. Inflexible and slow decision making at all levels. Consolidation of locations in the US will continue and reduce job across locations. The goal is to reduce jobs and footprint in US. Poor leadership at every level or the organization- no role models or leaders that people admire.
Pros
Nice people with real interest in helping people
Cons
Very focused on short term wins and will not take risks or listen

Hi there,

We very much appreciate your feedback, it's very valuable coming from one of our current colleagues. We take it very seriously and we will take your advice on board!

Area Service Manager
Area Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Home BasedJune 7, 2018
Integral in the DOD T&M Contract assisting the Military in obtaining services while ensuring that Philips had appropriate opportunity to capture revenue.
• Worked closely with customers to resolve invoice issues when they arose. Found successful compromises when required.
• Raised the Site participation by 600% with the total annual revenue draw elevated from 2 million to 9 million dollars.

Hello,

Thanks for telling us about the work you did for Philips and thanks for the review. Wishing you a great day.

Great Company!
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 6, 2018
I started at Lifeline when it was a smaller company and the company grew tremendously during my time with them.
As a small company, we had a very close group of folks that truly enjoyed working together and had lots of fun while getting the work done.
Unfortunately for me, since the company grew we needed to relocate to a bigger facility and the commute was just a little bit too much for me. I hated leaving Lifeline because we had a great culture and loved working there.
Pros
Wonderful culture
Cons
Benefits and compensation
Started great until they started laying off people
Software Quality Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJune 4, 2018
They acquired the startup company where i used to work. It started very good until they began offshoring jobs to Bangalore. They layoff every 2 yrs until the entire department is here in the U.S.
Pros
started really good
Cons
continued layoff of people
June 7, 2018

Hi there. We can only imagine what it's like to experience that. We regret hearing you've lost your job, and we hope you have found another one in the meantime. Wishing you all the best in your career.

Stimulating work environment
Finance (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 4, 2018
Multi cultural workplace with colleagues literally working all over the world. A lot of smart people working at Philips. Company going through some transformation changes but poised to benefit from all of it.
June 7, 2018

Hi there. We appreciate your feedback. We hope you like working for the brand. :)

Fun place to work
Credit / Collection Analyst/ Account Receivables (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 3, 2018
The team members of the accounting department were very helpful in answering any questions or training on any new projects or processes company did Advance on software every couple of years
June 7, 2018

Good to hear that you're colleagues helped you out wherever was necessary! That's the environment we pursue in all our departments. :) Thanks for sharing your review and we wish you a nice day.

Temporary Call Center Position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJune 1, 2018
This was a temporary call center position. There was a group of 6 that handled heavy inbound calls from nationwide customers. 1st point of contact for hospitals, clinics and labs in regards to Philips radiology and cardiology software.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Delocalized
June 7, 2018

Hello. Thanks for your comment and for explaining your former activities for Philips. Perhaps our paths cross again in the future. ;)

Great Place to Work for!
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAMay 30, 2018
Phillips was a wonderful place to work with remote work, Fitness Room, Great benefits and Career Development and training. Although Philips can be a high pressure culture. Leadership is focused on results.
June 7, 2018

Hi there, thanks for sharing your positive thoughts. :) Reading this makes us feel proud! We're glad we had you on board.

Skilled engineers
Manufacturing Technican (Current Employee) –  Highland Hts, OHMay 30, 2018
Fun and Productive with ping pong table, Co-workers were great, meetings were not boring, always offering classes for other divisions, Hardest part of the job is getting laid off
Pros
onsite GYM, Great co-workers
Cons
Being laid off
June 7, 2018

Hi there, we're sorry to hear what happened! We hope you have found another challenging job in the meantime. Thanks a lot for sharing your review and we wish you all the best in your professional career.

If you're on a good team, it's an ok place to work
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMay 29, 2018
If you are lucky enough to land on a good team at Philips, it can be a great place to work. Promotions are rare. Raises are minimal. They talk a good talk about work/life balance, but it's not always adhered to, especially if you are in a non-UTC timezone. Meetings at 5 and 6 am for California employees are a regular occurrence, but no one in Amsterdam is available after 4:30 local time.

Watch out for November Sweeps. Every November, Philips does a "Reduction in Force" to make the end of year numbers look better.
May 31, 2018

Hi, we’re grateful that you took the time to share some of your thoughts and experiences here. Of course, we’re always trying to learn and grow and a company and employer, so your feedback is of great value to us. Thanks again for your review!

Company with great opportunity to elevate health care technology
Director of M&A Integration (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 28, 2018
Company with a strong mission. People are nice and fun to work with. Company does have an issue in that it is trying to take a leadership position in fast growing fields, but is held back by a culture of a Dutch consumer goods conglomerate.
Pros
Great work-life balance, if you are not ambitious
Cons
Hard to get ahead if you don't want to play politics
May 31, 2018

Hi there, thanks for sharing some of your feedback here, it’s very much appreciated! We’ll make sure to take your feedback into account, so we can learn and grow as a company.

A great team to work with
IT Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 25, 2018
Philips has wonderful people who work hard and encourage each other to do more and better things. It has been a great experience working there. Philips is actively engaged with local charities, such as International Medical Equipment Collaborative, in which employees and retirees volunteer to organize supplies and to fix medical equipment to be sent to needy hospitals in poor countries.
Pros
Empowered to make decisions, great team, good benefits
Cons
difficult to achieve worklife balance
May 31, 2018

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to share some of your thoughts and experiences. We’re very glad you’re enjoying working with us, and we’re happy to have you on board!

Its a job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 22, 2018
I worked here for ten years and realized after 2 years that in order to move up and its not what you know its who you know. Its not professional in that aspect. The managers demand that you keep your numbers up , no matter what , because it makes them look good if we do . The seniors dont jump into the que when its high ( like they used to) , instead that hassel you into wrapping up your call to quickly take the next one. They are more focused on numbers then they are with actual costumer service latley and it was never liked that up until about two years ago.
Pros
You get simplicty points that you can purcahse gift cards with
Cons
Its hard to ask for help when needed
May 31, 2018

Hi there, we’re very glad to receive some feedback from such a well-experienced employee like yourself, it’s of great value to us. We regret hearing that you’re not entirely satisfied with your managers as of now. Please feel free to have a chat with them about it, so they will be able to learn and grow from the current situation. Thanks again for your review!

High pressure culture
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 22, 2018
Philips is a high pressure culture. Leadership is focused on results. Career advancement really depends on whether or not your manager champions you, there is no formal pathway to advancement. The people are great, really smart and down to earth.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Lack of internal processes
May 24, 2018

Hi there, good to see you shared your thoughts on working at Philips here. We appreciate your words and we'd like to thank you for taking the time to share them. Wishing you the best in all that is to come!

This division was extremely troubled
Head of Planning and Materials Management, CT/AMI (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 22, 2018
This division was extremely troubled and there was no way to identify the depth during the interview process

My boss, my bosses boss, and my main peer (the people who hired me and were my support base) left within a month

The company was buried by excess and obsolete inventory for years and then tried to remove it all in less than one

The culture was dominated by quality and engineering making it impossible to produce product

So many problems
Pros
The pay was very good but typically worked 12 hrs per day
Cons
Too many to count
May 24, 2018

Hi there, we appreciate the honest thoughts you shared here. We're sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience. Your feedback is valuable and we'd like to thank you for sharing it here. Wishing you the best in all that is to come!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.

51K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

68out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Philips.