Philips Employee Reviews

Found 1,143 reviews matching the search See all 2,837 reviews
Poor Leadership
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 19, 2018
Performance Culture with unrealistic goals and poor leadership. No support from upper management and training. Great product, but it's unfortunate, because the culture is awful and you are at risk of losing your job quarter-to-quarter.
Pros
Product
Cons
Leadership
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 17, 2018
Great place to work. I learned so much while working at Philips semiconductors in Albuquerque NM. the culture was great and the employees were very skilled.
Pros
Cons
no more manufacturing in the USA
Fine while it lasted
Nuclear Medicine Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Philips decided to close down the department and the entire facility is moving out of the country. I was a contractor with them for 3 years and I wasn't made aware of their intentions until shortly before being released from my contract.
Learned a lot about regulatory
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WASeptember 15, 2018
Great place to work, busy day, learned a lot about regulatory field, great co-workers. Flexible with schedule as long as you show you are productive.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers. Kept busy.
Business atmosphere
Sales Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Andover, MA 01810September 14, 2018
My team handled technical calls from across the country. We were responsible for Philips sales reps, customers that had questions or concerns, help desk personnel, as well as internal Philips employees with questions, whether technical or otherwise. We worked independently, as well as in a group/teamwork setting.
The hardest part of the job was the self training. There was very little guidance and training. You had to be independent and self sufficient. Trial and error was your biggest training tool.
The most enjoyable part of the job, for me, was being in a position to help people.
Pros
large company with outstanding reputation
Laid off within a year
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJSeptember 13, 2018
I was laid off in a downsizing only 10 months after being recruited there, not a happy experience. The company was splitting off into an independent entity from the larger "Royal Philips" Corporation, and changing its name to Signify. Still with European management. Not fair to lay off someone you recruited away from another Fortune 500 company just 10 months earlier.
Poor management and not much room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 10, 2018
Management lacked organization and did not provide any direction to their employees. Policy and procedures are constantly changing making it difficult to keep up with the appropriate way to handle certain situations.
Excellent company with excellent benefits for their employees.
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2018
Great company to work for. No downsides. Flexible schedule and work from home available. Company cares about the well being of their employees as seen in their benefits packages and their perks. Excellent work life balance.
good
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2018
Built lights. Learned to work well with others and learned about the lean process to become a better employee. I built several different light fixtures for concerts
Enjoyable, great people and teams
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 6, 2018
The project work was the most fun as it required global team members to work together to complete all of the requirements on time.
I loved the thrill of getting my tasks completed.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
potential crazy hours
Customer Focused Company
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2018
Philips like any other company has challenges at times. However, a very good company to work for and I would recommend to anyone considering starting or continue their career.
I worked here as Intern
Biomedical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 2, 2018
I worked in Phillips as intern for 6 months hence I do not have any specific inputs. The bosses were great and so was other staff and very respectful towards interns.
Working at Philips
Field Service Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 31, 2018
Philips is a good company to work for. Lot of good benefit, good 401K matching, good health benefit, I never intend to leave Philips, but my jobs is going away.
Very interesting work, great Manager.
Production Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHAugust 29, 2018
Fairly paid and good benefits. Long hours required to meet deadlines for delivery. Great Manager. I typically worked 6:30am to 3:00pm. I enjoyed the challenging work and variety.
Pros
401k, interesting work. Good training.
Cons
closed
Started off good.
Overnight Personal Response Associate (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 29, 2018
The job started off great, then the company was bought out and the whole dynamic of the place changed. It was no longer a place to look forward to working.
Highly imaginative, highly compatitive
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Firenze Corporation PhilippinesAugust 28, 2018
I did not worked to this company directly. I was working with their local distributor in the Philippines. That company is no longer a dealer of Philips Medical System
Exciting place to work
Project Manager/Analyst 3 (Former Employee) –  Albany County, NYAugust 27, 2018
Philips is an exciting place to work because of the products they deliver. They are on the cutting edge of so many fields and are always pushing the limits of their R&D and Manufacturing teams to do better. It is great watching a company grow and do things you wouldn't have thought possible.
Pros
Exciting and Innovative
Cons
Demanding of employees
good place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 26, 2018
temporary contract position with potential to be permanent. started as 1 year/12 month contract, on the 11th month and 29th day, management stated the contract was to term. I found out some time later that the company closed down/went out of business and that could have been possibly why.
Pros
close to home, good enough pay
Cons
contract, temporary, no job security
Continuous Transformation
Sr. Manager, IT (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 20, 2018
Philips has undergone significant transformation over the past decade, especially within the IT group(s). Revolving door of CIOs and the organization's lack of understanding 'latest' strategy along with a lack of communications from leadership has resulted a feeling of 'being in the dark'. In addition, work environment fosters continuous feelings regarding job loss, creating extensive stress across the organization and mis-trust of leadership.

On the positive side, architectural commitments, inclusive of AWS/Cloud technologies and a single business focus on HealthTech have this company staged to move forward. Desperately needed is to give the change a chance to meld and culture to develop a way or working together again.
Pros
Great People, Good Business Strategy, Good Pay
Cons
Highly Stressful, Challenged Work/Life Balance, Lack of Harmonized Culture
Official response from Philips
August 23, 2018

Thank you for your to-the-point review, there is some feedback in there that is definitely worthwhile to share, so we will make sure to do just that. In the meantime we would like to wish you all the best of luck in your career going forward.

Finished with pride.
Senior Line Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 18, 2018
When the plant closure was announced, every employee although saddened, pulled together and met all production and shut down goals with heads held high.
Official response from Philips
August 23, 2018

It is absolutely beautiful to hear this. Thank you for your hard work, and most of all thanks for being part of Philips. Hopefully we meet again in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight