Philips

Philips Employee Reviews

United States1,484 reviews
Found 1,484 reviews matching the search
High turnover of management
Downside - High turnover of upper and middle management leads to ongoing changes of priorities and programs. Upside - Increasing use of remote workers and tools for better collaboration.
May 28, 2020
Hi there, thank you for saying a few words about your former employer. We're glad to hear that you look back at the time you've worked as Program Manager for Philips with satisfaction. Your feedback is very valuable to us and has been duly noted. Wishing you all the best moving forward.
Temped there twice
Not much instruction; throw you in a position without much training. Andover offices very dirty; no trash bins (due to suggestions that $ would be saved), so you have to bring in trash bag (ridiculous). Don’t inventory equipment-everyone just cannibalize desks when people leave.
Good
Good company to work for, Health care, Imaging, Informatics, Project Management, Global exposure, work Culture, Motivation, Celebration, People, facility
Good
May 28, 2020
We're glad to hear that you're so keen on working for our company as Senior Manager. Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm with us and thank you for being on board!
Collaborative Team Work
My boss rocks by recognizing contributors and encouraging those that need it. Right now we are in a Work-From-Home situation and I believe it is encouraging good behavior with staying in touch. Skype and Team meetings are happening all the time. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is know that I am working for a company that puts out life saving devices. The hardest part of the job is all the virtual paperwork that is required for medical devices to get released and designs updated.
May 28, 2020
Hi there, we're glad to hear that you're so keen on working as Principle Design Quality Engineer for our company and that you and your co-workers are making the best out of the Work-From-Home situation together during these strange times. Thank you for sharing your thoughts here and thank you for being on board! Wishing you a nice rest of the week.
Poor Management, Unprofessional Environment
I attempted to work with Philips from home during the COVID-19 situation. They shipped a ThinkPad to my home but the configuration process was a mess. Among the problems was they had me first set up software, then set up my MS profile, which is not the correct configuration sequence. After half a dozen or so phone and Skype calls to their remote tech support (somewhere in SE Asia) I asked for someone in Nashville to assist me with my software and remote connection issues. Nobody would do so. My manager claimed she had the same issues prior to the office closing due to COVID-19 and had to get a non-Philips family member to assist her in setting up her work computer. So the problem was not due to the office being closed; it was typical under normal circumstances at Philips. That told me all that I needed to know. They have been told by their auditors that they are not GAAP-compliant which is a very bad sign. I was also told their accounting department has an open floor plan with no assigned workspace, which should never happen.

They will tell you that they use SAP but their system is not fully integrated and they used several systems which made accounting, particularly reconciliations, very difficult, confusing, and cumbersome. I was told after I was hired that in some cases it took up to several months for new employees to get access to all of the SAP modules that I would need (AP, AR, GL). Once again, this guesstimate was based upon a pre-COVID-19 hiring.

The laptop that I was given was a Lenovo ThinkPad with a screen less than 15” and no auxiliary ten-key. This is completely
 - more...
May 20, 2020
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on working with us, and reflecting on a couple of points that stuck with you over these last few months. First of all, I'm sorry to hear that working with us hasn't been positive in your experience. We most definitely mean well for all our talent, and we try to make things as good as they can be.

With regard to some points you've touched on with your concern regarding the accounting practices, we have to say that as a Dutch company, Philips follows the IFRS European Standard for accounting practices; not GAAP commonly used for U.S.-based companies. This being said, it does sound like some things could've gone better, and we're thankful that you've taken it upon yourself to share this on here. Our managing personnel reads these pages as well, and that way feedback can be taken into consideration by said local teams.

Seeing you're currently not with us anymore, I do want to wish you all the best in all your career endeavors going forward, and thank you for having been part of our mission.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Productive & Learning - Myth
a typical day at work.
work more than 10 hours day

proper management

less 1 on 1 with manager

company docent care about work status.

New opportunity
May 14, 2020
Thanks for taking a minute to share a couple of thoughts on your time with us as Manufacturing Engineer. I'm sorry to learn that looking at your score your experience wasn't all that great. I do want to wish you all the best in your career going forward, and that your next experience with us may be a better one. Thanks for having been part of our mission!
Challenging and a lot of travel
As an MR Applications specialist, one must visit customer sites for several days or more, however the satisfaction of helping a customer with there system was satisfying.
Pros
Company car, good travel policy allows for a decent meals and mid tier hotels
Cons
Requires a lot of paperwork on top of spending 8+ hours at the customer site
May 7, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share some thoughts on your employment with us. I'm glad to hear that you've been happy for the most part, and that the work you were doing was satisfying as well - it's absolutely of great importance if you're traveling a lot for us, that there's a clear passion for the work itself. Thanks for being part of our mission to improve the lives of billions, and I do want to wish you all the best in your career going forward.
Excelente
Es un grato ambiente laboral , empatia con el trabajador. Etc
Owner is bananas
Never had a more hostile work environment like this one. The owner needs to get out of his own way amd let someone run the day to day for him. He Can not control his tempure most of the time.
April 30, 2020
Hi there, thank you for leaving your review here on Indeed. We regret to hear that you don't look back at your time with Philips with satisfaction. A good work environment is of high importance to us and it's a pity that you haven't experienced this. We're constantly striving for improvement, also as employer, so we'll make sure that your feedback will be noted. All the best in your future undertakings!
Too lean= Sweat Shop Told not to come in sick- Fired for not coming in sick
A little too lean for my liking. They are getting every drop of sweat out of you every day. There is no reason you should go home with a sore back every day, unless you are being overworked. If you need time off for prearranged dentist/doctors appointments, they ding your attendance, even if you get prior approval. They don't have back up due to running as lean as they are, so someone has to pick up slack when someone is out. Mandatory OT. I can understand them wanting you there every day, but they seem to expect you to never take time off.
Due to Covid-19, they told us not to come to work sick. I had a sore throat and cough, so I called out until I was well, but they fired me for absenteeism when I came back. They should have thanked me for trying not to infect others and being willing to work through the pandemic.

Typical politics. To be fair, there did seem to be some nice folks working at Philips, hence the 2 star rating. I was contracting through Randstad, so I'm not sure who decided it was good policy to tell your employees not to come to work sick and then firing them for absenteeism when they call out sick.

In hindsight, I should have gone to work sick. Then maybe I'd still have my job.

If you get the right position/department at Philips, it may be a good place to work.

If you like lots of overtime and always being at work and never taking time off for any reason, this may work out for you.

You'll need good brown nosing skills to be successfull at Philps
April 23, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on here. It's really regrettable to read what happened, and I do want to let you know this is definitely not something we take lightly. I hope you were able to discuss this either with HR or your contractor. As an alternative you could also get in touch with the Philips EthicsPoint (https://secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/100518/index.html).

Regardless of what you choose to do, I would like to wish you all the best in your endeavors going forward, and I sincerely hope your next experience with our company will be a better one.
N/a
The company was very good to work for. This is a global company and provided me with great exposure to the entire team. I appreciated all of the hands on training that was provided.
April 23, 2020
We appreciate that you've taken a short moment to share your thoughts on working with us in the past on here. Glad to have had you on board!
Marketing is it’s only asset
This company produces almost nothing of value although it seems to have worked it’s way into niches that are profitable so it stays afloat. The management are incapable of making any statements not whitewashed by marketing so as to design an aura of trust which it doesn’t deserve. A clear plan for success is never present because there is no strong leadership. Their products are inflexible and their technologists are incompetent.
April 23, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share some thoughts on our company, and on your experience working with us. It's unfortunate to hear how you feel about some aspects. Please know that we do think your feedback is important, and our managing teams do read these pages as well.
good company for a person just starting out in a Field Service Career
Philips was a great company to start out at. The culture was very good with some exceptions like any job. I am a minority so I felt comfortable there, and that means a lot. Fort Wayne as a location wasnt where I needed to be, but Philip's had a wide variety of products or modalities to keep it fresh and interesting for years. It is a good company for organization and to learn the industry. Great benifits, not so great pay.
April 23, 2020
It's great to hear that in your career, we've been able to be able to provide a good working environment and company culture, as well as a good stepping stone for your career going forward - and who knows? Perhaps our paths will cross again in the future.
Used to be a great place to work- Now, not many happy people
Workplace is totally ruled by the individual manger you get. Some are Great, however more and more are not very good or effective. A lot of issues are coming up as Philips closes Andover MA site, downsizes and moves to Cambridge MA.
April 16, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share some thoughts on you time with us over in Andover. Your feedback is most appreciated, and I do want to wish you all the best in your future career endeavors.
Go somewhere else
Horrible work environment. Horrible management. Comp has no direction no new products no way to compete with retail. Good for 2 years to get experience then move on. No future
April 9, 2020
Hi there, we regret hearing you haven't had the best experience working for us and that you weren't happy with the work environment and the management. Please know that upper management is active on this platform, so you may consider your review duly noted. We hope your next experience will give you more joy and satisfaction and wish you all the best with your career.
Huge Gaps In Leadership
Inability to manage the dynamic between the Global and North American Organizations results in broad ineffectiveness.Organization lacks the leadership to develop and execute competent work.
Consistent inability to execute what is communicated.

Management claims they are looking to improve while ignoring problems and solutions.

Certain Leaders lack honesty and ethics.

Company is obsessed w/ inclusion and diversity to the point where they end up excluding large groups of people.
April 9, 2020
Hi there, we appreciate you taking the time to share your honest thoughts. It's sad to hear that you weren't completely happy with the effectiveness of the management and the actual execution of the work. Furthermore, we regret hearing that our ambition for a more inclusive and diverse work place had the opposite effect in your experience. This feedback is highly valuable for us to keep improving as an employer and, since upper management is active on this platform too, won't go unnoticed. Thank you for writing this review and we wish you a fruitful career!
good
It was good to work there. I would work there again. The leadership in the sales team was amazing and fun to work with as they were competent, caring and hardworking.
April 9, 2020
Hi there, great to hear you've had a good experience with us with caring leadership. That's what floats our boat! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your insights here and we wish you all the best with your career!
A good place to work with supportive management.
It was a good experience overall. Unfortunately my department was moved to a different region of the country. They were very supportive during the layoff process.
April 2, 2020
We appreciate that you've taken a moment to share your thoughts on when you were with us, and on the reorganization process that you've been a part of. It's not a decision that we ever take lightly, and our hope is always to keep talent close to us, and if that's not entirely possible - we hope to at least make a difficult phase easier. I'm glad to read that either one of these applies to you, and I wish you all the best going forward.
Quality? Where
This company didn’t have a functional aspect to their quality plan. Lots of broken databases and in my opinion got too big too fast by acquiring smaller companies and are now trying to integrate a functional quality plan. They failed. Quantity over quality. There wasn’t a manager there who had seniority skill sets and it showed. Seemed to be imperative given their role with being an industry leader in heart monitors worldwide. Servers not being backed up, losing important data. Every country/region ran their quality plan how they intended with no integration.
April 2, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to describe your experience working with us. It's unfortunate to hear that in your experience there were definitely some things that could've been better. Thank you for including the division in your review, this will allow local management to take a look at your review too - to see if feedback could be taken into consideration I would like to wish you all the best in your career going forward.
It is a great place to work. Always learning everyday. Good to know that the skills are used to help others. New skills are learned and put into the workplace.
March 26, 2020
Hi there, we're happy to hear that working for Philips as Manufacturing Engineer has been such a good, challenging and enlightening experience so far. Thank you for sharing this with us and thank you for being on board!
Managers pit employees against each other.
Very unethical and toxic work environment in the Oxygen sales group. Managers manipulate the sales software and communications technology in order to subvert the work efforts of employees.
Pros
Cons
Managers actively work against the success of individuals.
March 26, 2020
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on working as Oxygen Sales Representative for Philips in Framingham. It's regrettable to hear that you don't look back at this time with satisfaction. We're constantly striving for improvement, both as manufacturer and employer, and will make sure that your experience will be duly noted. Please feel free to also share your story via our ethics line: https://secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/100518/index.html. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.
1.3K
1.3K
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight