Philips

Philips Employee Reviews

Found 1,610 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,774 reviews

Philips insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great Place to Work

Featured review

Philips selected this as a representative review
● Work-life balanceFamily oriented work place● OverallThis place has been one of the best work experiences that I have had. The turnover rate is small. Most people stay here and retire in 20 years. That says a lot about the culture and work life balance.

August 20, 2020
We're glad to hear that you're so keen on working for Philips as Global Events and Infrastructure Project Manager in Amsterdam. Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm here and thank you for being on board!

Good benefits, Worst management and compensation

I don't know about other locations, but in Kennesaw, Ga plant was worst. They had very bad management and compensation was too low for hard working employees.

Benefits

Cons

No career advancement, Too low salary for laborors.

Good company to work for

Good company to work for, although they change direction a little hastily which can cause some disruptions. They are committed to the quality of their products. People are secondary which often comes with corporations.

Pros

Vacation and pto

Cons

Not really committed to a region or people

Great coworkers, management sucks

Great place to work, but not a place that cares about employees. Helping to produce state-of-the art medical hardware. Easily fired or laid off when things don't go as planned

Pros

Producing needed equipment

Cons

Management does not care about employees

Excellent,fun place to work . I was there 12 years !

Wish they didn’t relocate ! I’d still be there . I loved my job and the many relationships I had with customers and sales reps . I learned so many different jobs the 12 years I was there .

Pros

Huge cafe onsite

Cons

Small offices, no privacy

Ups and Down Workplace

Overall the company was doing well until new management came and the business was moving. Director , managers, supervisors left abruptly which lead to chaos at work

Pros

Discounts, Pay

Cons

No leadership, overworked

Good job

The pay is decent and the job is good but my dept was very unorganized. You couldn't get help when needed some times. Leadership doesn't listen at all and the training could have better. They didn't prepare you to succeed and the Supervisors played favorites when it came to the shift bid. They threw new stuff at you constantly with little to no training

Pros

Pay

Cons

Leadership

Manager wanted me to find ways to "deviate from procedure"

Not so good work ethics by Management.Too many issues with suppliers

Pros

Good company

Cons

Management and long term employees toxic environment

Bad management and no progression

Management could care less about its employees. They have seeming no idea what direction they plan on going. They will change their minds at will and expect you know, which is hard seeing that there is little to no communication anywhere. There is no sense of accomplishment or appreciation for the work you do. Its seemingly impossible to move up or around, and don't expect that pay raise they told you about. Where you start at Philips is where you'll end no matter how long you stay or how hard you work. They handled covid very poorly, we were front line workers and they repaid us by delaying our already small pay raises by a few months to save some money. But hey, we got free coffee for a year. The environment is fairly relaxed and Your coworkers are good people, which is a huge plus. The sick/vacation is very generous as well. If you need a job to retire in a few years, this is the place for you. If you plan on starting/accelerating your career I suggest you stay away. This is a dead end job with perks.

Pros

Paid lunches, Great vacation/sick time, Good coworkers, Work/life balance

Cons

Poor/low pay, Failing management, Zero room for improvement

A good job

Not too much to say but a great place so far. Hopefully I can move up into a different position within the company soon. Always enjoy what I do so I'm hopeful.

September 9, 2021
Thanks for leaving us a comment here. We also hope your experience with Philips improves significantly soon. We are also reading all comments on this platform, so your feedback will definitely be considered for future improvements. Wishing you the best!

Jobs at Philips

See more jobs

Great until they sold our division

I enjoy working at Philips. We have great benefits. Their 401k is the best that I have ever had. They are a very inclusive company. The downside is they want you to come back to the office when people are sick.

September 2, 2021
Hi there, thanks for writing us an honest review here. It's great to hear you've enjoyed the benefits your position has offered you, and we're happy to hear you think highly of the way Philips incorporates inclusivity in the work culture. We also want to provide our people with a rewarding career experience, so we advise you to bring your concern(s) to your manager or HR representative. Philips Management is also active on this platform, so your feedback will be taken into consideration for improving our ways of working. Thanks for supporting our mission to improve people’s lives. We wish you all the best.

Excellent benefits and lots of PTO

Genuinely impressed with the amount of vacation and holidays offered right from the start. Relaxed atmosphere with a sense of making products that will help people around the world

Pros

Management appreciates the workers

September 2, 2021
Thanks for leaving us a review here. We're happy to hear you've had a positive experience working with Philips, particularly when it comes to the collaborative working environment. We’re always interested in providing our people with a rewarding career experience. Thanks for supporting our mission to improve people’s lives. We wish you all the best.

Philips

Philips is overall a good and well respected company. They benefits are good and generally the population we call on are happy to see us. The philips name holds a lot of weight with customers which is nice.

Pros

Company care, decent pay

Cons

Long work days, lots of customer service issues, supply chain issues

August 19, 2021
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We're happy to hear you've had a positive experience working at Philips, though it's unfortunate there were some challenges as well. We completely understand that our people have a life outside work too, so please feel free to discuss these concerns to your HR representative or your manager. Philips Manager is also active on this platform, so your feedback will be taken into consideration. We wish you all the best!

Low management maturity at site

This company does not support one another across the management team. The site leader does not hold managers accountable for their responsibilities. Workers are stressed, overworked and under compensated for supporting the business without necessary changes.

Cons

Not enough employee recognition programs, management cares about results and numbers only

August 19, 2021
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review here. We're sorry to hear you didn't have a positive experience working at Philips. We’re always interested in providing our people with a rewarding career experience, so it's unfortunate this wasn't the case for you. Please know Philips Management is active on this platform, so your feedback will be taken into consideration in order to improve our ways of working. We wish you all the best in your future career endeavors.

It be aite

Its aite. They kind of have a plan going forward. Its a good company with great benefits but it is a large company, hard to get noticed and move up. Pay for tuition though.

August 19, 2021
Thanks for leaving us a comment here. It's great to hear you had an overall positive experience working at Philips. Please know Philips Management Team is active on this platform, so your feedback will be taken into consideration. We wish you all the best in your future career endeavors!

Limited staff, overworked

Most divisions have extremely unrealistic project deadlines not based on any factual data. Management signs up for more deliverables than people available to work them.

August 19, 2021
Hi there, thanks for leaving us a comment here. We're sorry to hear your experience at Philips wasn't a very positive one. We’re interested in providing our people with a rewarding career experience, so it's unfortunate this wasn't the case for you. We would advise you to schedule a meeting with your HR representative or manager to discuss some of your concerns. Philips Management Team is also active on this platform, so your comments will be taken into consideration. We wish you all the best.

Great people good management

Great place to work for everything is organized very nice people. Everyone is like family. You learn learn so much and can go far in the company after being there long.

Pros

3 weeks psid vacation 56 hour sick time 4 floating holidays

Cons

No bad things to say

August 5, 2021
Hi there, thanks for leaving us a comment here. It's great to hear you had a positive experience working with Philips. Thanks for supporting our mission to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. We wish you all the best!

Registration and authorization

Good job until our department got sold. Would have told everyone I know to apply at my job at one time. Once we were being sold it changed completely from the way we were treated from management to being over worked. Big bait and switch!!

Pros

Pay, benefits

Nice place to work

Do your job. Trust in your ability. Communication is key in this role. Great place to work and advance in your career. Had to leave due to family illness on multiple levels.

Pros

Excellent pay, excellent benefits

Cons

Watch your back

August 5, 2021
Thanks for your comment here. It's great to hear you had a positive experience working with Philips. We’re interested in providing our people with a rewarding career experience. Thanks for supporting our mission to improve people’s lives. Wishing you all the best!

Have friends higher up

The job in itself isnt bad. It's easy, the pay isnt bad, and the tasks are simple to learn if you pay attention to the little details. The issue is the people. It's full of drama. A few of the leads were promoted to their positions without the job ever being posted and no one knowing about it or having a fair chance at the job. I was told when I was hired on that they promote from within, yet I have been passed up on a few separate job opportunities for outside hires because "I'm needed in my position", just to be transferred a few days later to something else. There are cliques among the employees, and if you're not part of one, you're an outcast and wont make it anywhere. If you want to work here just to have a job and make some money, its ok, but if you want to grow, to make it up the company ladder and become something more than just someone who builds fancy adult Legos or puts something in a box, you better make friends with the higher ups. You wont go far without it.

Pros

Hours arent bad, 3rd shift gets Friday and Saturday night off, you can listen to headphones and work

Cons

Fast paced, management is selfish, temps sometimes have it better than full time employees

August 5, 2021
Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to write us a comment. We're sorry to hear your experience working with Philips wasn't a very positive one. We’re interested in providing our people with a rewarding career experience, so we would advise you to schedule a meeting with your HR representative or your manager to find some area of improvement. Philips Management is also active on this platform, so your comments will be taken into account to improve our ways of working. Thanks for supporting our mission to improve people’s lives. We wish you all the best.

Lots of training decent benefits

I miss the benefits and training but not the poor management. Tend to promote their buddies not qualified candidates. No advancement from field.

Pros

Benefits and training

Cons

Poorly managed at times. Promotes friends not qualified candidates

August 5, 2021
Thanks for your comments here. We're sorry to hear your experience with Philips wasn't a very positive one. We’re interested in providing our people with a rewarding career experience, so it's unfortunate this wasn't your experience. Please know Philips Management is active on this platform, so your feedback will be taken into consideration for future improvements. Thanks for supporting our mission to improve people’s lives. We wish you all the best in your future career endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.4K
1.3K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Philips.
Powered byComparably