Play YouTube video button

51.1K
41K
Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 2,796 reviews
Featured review
Philips selected this as a representative review
Very nice people to work with
Compliance - Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 13, 2018
Great place to work but as a contracted employee there was no opportunity for a temp to hire. Had a chance to learn new computer applications as in SAP.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Temp job
Enjoyable place to work and learn
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 19, 2018
I was a territory Sales Mgr. and sold the Magnavox, Sylvania, and Philips, consumer electronic lines to major retailers in Illinois and Wisconsin .Magnavox was also at the cutting edge of computer technology at the time.it was a very exciting time to sell consumer electronics. I was based at my home office and was very productive. A great place to work.
Pros
company car, matching 401k, excellent medical/dental, recognition awards
June 21, 2018

Hello there, it's a delight to hear that you enjoyed working here. Thanks for sharing your experience. Wishing you the best!

Great job in the beginning
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 9, 2018
In my first 9years with Philips were very good. The alignment between executive mgmt. and the workforce was excellent. When the healthcare market began to go downward in 2007 and on, there were a lot of issues in adapting to these marketplace changes. In general all that was good in my first 9 years was opposite in my last 7 years.
May 17, 2018

Hi thank you for taking the time to review your experience in working for us. It sounds that you had an overall mixed experience that started off great, but sadly, wasn't so towards the end. We regret hearing that and appreciate the feedback. We wish you all the best in your future career!

very poor company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2017
I would not recommend anyone working for Philips. They have no leadership limited product line and weak service. The market is very unsure about the future of Philips.
Pros
very little
Cons
bad leadersship
Philips Healthcare is in transition
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 12, 2017
Got laid off. Philips could not sell any imaging equipment for 5 years due to FDA problems. Lots of positions being eliminated and responsibilities being merged.
September 14, 2017

Hello, thanks for taking the time to share your review here. Of course, we're glad about all the feedback we can gather!

Large competitive company
Account Manager Emergency Care and Resuscitation (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Enjoyed working with colleagues that knew the business and were eager to help. Learned to be aggressive. Spent a lot of time on the road and computer programs were a bit clunky.
Pros
Great pay and colleagues
Cons
Difficult IT systems
September 7, 2017

Hello, there. As it's very important to us that our employees are given the opportunity to keep on growing and learning, we're more than happy to hear that you were able to reap the benefits from our investments. We'd like to thank you for your services and we wish you good luck in all that is to come!

Question patient monitoring leadership, political unrest
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  USAMarch 9, 2017
Market share leader however customers are not happy, they are financially tied to Philips as their vendor. Leadership is focused on Diagnostic Imaging and so their attention is on this group only. Monitoring suffers because of this. Too much unrest and caught in between old and new styles of selling. Weak leadership. Relative job security if you keep your head down and go with the flow, not a good choice for someone looking to influence or change the game as Philips is too big to adapt and change quickly. Decreasing work/life balance although they will tell you they are employee focused. Always has been confusing as they are a health and well being company. Local CEO is not long term for the role, global CEO is well respected.
Pros
market leader, relative stability
Cons
harder to make money and less of a work life balance than 5+ years ago, weak and overweight in the mid level management arena
March 16, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write such an elaborate review. Seeing that you've been working alongside with us for quite some time you have of course seen the company change.

We indeed try to be as employee focused as we can possibly be. We do recommend talking to your managing personnel in regards to some of the points that you make. Perhaps you do have some ideas to improve certain situations, it's always a good idea to share these.

Great benefits, mismanaged company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  USAMarch 7, 2017
Great people you enjoy working with. Down to earth & willing to help. Company is mismanaged though. Leadership not held accountable. Heavy bureaucracy and slow to respond to shifts in the market. Not willing to see weaknesses & correct to make the company stronger. Great benefits with strong 401(k) match, good insurance, start with 3 wks vacation.
Benefits
Cons
Management not held accountable
March 9, 2017

Thanks for your feedback, it is appreciated.

We are always learning and improving and our teams also come across our reviews, so the feedback will be taken into account.

It's very nice to hear that you've been a part of this great work culture that is present in your office. If we work together closely and learn from each other, innovation is within our reach even further.

Great people to work with
Cardiology Account Manager (Current Employee) –  NYC metropolitan areaDecember 21, 2016
Philips is a great environment to work, grow and win!
There is opportunity to excel, and an opportunity to build a future.
Great products and strong management team.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Large company
December 30, 2016

Hi there, thank you for your review! Great to see you’re currently rating your position at us with 5 out of 5 stars. While we understand that the large size of our company can bring forward some challenges, we hope that you’ll mainly benefit from the opportunities and chances the size of our company offers. We have teams and offices all around the globe. We hope that together with us you’ll grow from the many opportunities we offer you to excel, and that you’re working towards a great future within our company.

Good large company in healthcare
Cardiac Account Manager Interventional Imaging (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 8, 2016
Good large company has had some down turn in past years poor management decisions. Overall a good company to work for. Had a 30+ year relationship with my customers. Support personel where great. Some restructing the compnay did failed. Had excellent colleagues, but unskilled/unseasoned managers.
Pros
Matching 401k
Cons
Sometimes 80 hour work week, But you do what needs done
August 18, 2016

Thank you for the great feedback. It is amazing to hear that you have been working together closely with us for 30+ years, that is very impressive and really speaks to your flexibility, as we are an ever changing company in a fast paced market, as you’ve noted.

It does sound that you have worked really hard, hearing about your work weeks. We are glad to hear that you have had such great contact with the people you have worked with, as well as the customers. It is also nice to hear that we have enabled you with the possibilities to have more security for in the future with the 401K plan.

We do hope that you recommend us as employee to acquaintances as well. We are always looking for new talent to help us out in a multitude of sectors.

Excellent company to work for.
Multi National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  AmsterdamMarch 23, 2016
My time spent at Philips was a great work and life experience. I was able to travel to 5 different countries internationally.

The management teams from the USA and Holland were fantastic and the work environment was the absolute best.
Pros
Great technology company with a very good management team.
Cons
No cons
Invivo
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 24, 2016
Market leading products! Overall compensation is high (avg $175k). Company continues to innovate and believes they are far beyond any competition. Also believe hundreds of people are lining up to work for them so be sure you perform because you're on a 1-yr contract every year.
Great work environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 13, 2015
I loved my colleagues here. There is an extremely high call volume and I believe I gained a great deal of experience by working here.
Good Company to work for CPG experience
National Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 8, 2015
Philips CL is a great place to get a start in the CPG industry. The sales positions are good as you get to work with large retailers and sell top quality products. It is hard to get promoted so most people in marketing leave after a few years. They tend to promote from Europe,
An Account Manager at PHILIPS
Sales, Account Management (Various Titles) (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 3, 2015
As part of the Sales Service & Excellence team, our team focuses on providing superior customer service, sales and account management. We operate as two regional teams headed by two experienced and professional managers, who strive to lead a spirited, motivated and effective team. Each day, we celebrate each other's successes and provide support and encouragement when there may be a challenging situation or problem resolution. The hardest part of the job is touching the number of internal and external customers as you would wish each day and the most enjoyable part of the job is working with our customers to achieve their goals and exceed their expectations. Our customers are vocal, direct and honest with both positive and negative feedback. It is very easy to know how we are performing! PHILIPS enjoys excellent relationships with their customers and despite being a large global company, there is a sense of teamwork and collaboration not only internally but also with our customers.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 19, 2015
Not a good company for people with children. Micro Management Not enough time for lunch, breaks Doesn't a structure...
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Not good for families
So very messed up
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  USASeptember 2, 2014
Philips was once a great place to work. Great team mentality, good work/family balance, decent pay, lots of communication from management, etc. Unfortunately that is no longer the case. Now it is every man or woman for themselves, horrible work/family balance and no communication. The upper management has threatened the sales people and yelled at them on national conference calls that he is going to clean house if they don't shape up. The thing is it's not the sales people that are the problem but the upper managements decisions to get rid of direct sales and go with agents (over 200 people lost their jobs last December, two weeks before Christmas) and now a new round of layoffs are occurring. Morale is at an all time low. Everyone is scared they will be let go next. If your thinking of working for Philips my advice is run.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too many to list.
Great global organization
Account Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Utah, Idaho, Nevada,February 28, 2014
Enjoyed working at Philips. They are a great company. Like any large organization when they decide to eliminate multiple disciplines it occurs for the betterment of the organization and the stock holders.

Unfortunately many individuals lost their positions.

I believe in their product's and continue to use many and recommend as well.
Pros
Great organization
Cons
Very large organization
Good product training on all types of medical equipment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTFebruary 4, 2014
Learned to sell everything from MRI to CT to Cath Labs to the first digital rooms.

Management could have been better.
Productive fun place to work
Key Account Manger Midwest/National OES (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 22, 2014
Work until task is completed. Typical day work with team to satisfy the customer.
Pros
fun place
Productive enviroment
Account Relationship Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 27, 2013
The company stands for something powerful. It allows older citizens to remain in there home and not be placed into a facility. We ensure they recieve the proper help they need in a timely fashion.