Play YouTube video button

Ratings breakdown
51K
Found 1,070 reviews matching the search See all 2,678 reviews
Featured review
Philips selected this as a representative review
Very nice people to work with
Compliance - Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 13, 2018
Great place to work but as a contracted employee there was no opportunity for a temp to hire. Had a chance to learn new computer applications as in SAP.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Temp job
Pleasant work atmospher
Customer Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 22, 2018
My day starts with checking all emails, giving progress reports to customer and Sales (via email or phone). I learned how to be a strong manager, to my accounts and making them my priority. Maintain complete awareness of day to day cost, shipments and delivery. I found that when over whelmed, asking for help is the best way to keep up with high volume emails request. I really enjoyed my team; we backed each other up as best as possible. We help Daily meetings, sharing information, updates on shipments, items availability and delays.
Pros
Not being micro managed, ability to manage you're accounts and give updates.
Cons
Moving up in the company was very slow.
OK place to work
Senior Electrical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 22, 2018
slow phase, lots of procedures and processes, worked with lots of cross functional team. Working hour is flexible. Good people to work with but the processes are too complicated.
It is an OK company, with technology which belong to 20th century
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 21, 2018
It is an OK company, with technology which belong to 20th century. There appears to be a disconnect between the overall goal and the middle level Management
March 1, 2018

Thanks for sharing. I wish you the best in your career going forward.

Overall good company
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 21, 2018
Good overall company but leaving the US and moving manufacturing overseas for their healthcare business. More consolidation to occur later this year 2018.
February 22, 2018

Hello, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, it’s really valuable to us!

Most enjoyable part of the job
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 20, 2018
I enjoy working with the people in my workplace and feel that my compensation is as good as other companies in the area. The benefits are probably better than many other companies offer.
February 22, 2018

Hi there, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed working with your colleagues and feel well compensated. We’re glad to have you on board!

Good Company
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Highlanf Heights, OhioFebruary 20, 2018
I was a Technical Writer for their MRI, CT, and Nuclear Medicine products. Imet many good people and I worked on state of the art equipment. I enjoyed my time at Picker and Philips (19 years).
Pros
Many
Cons
75 Miles from my home
February 22, 2018

Hi, thanks for sharing your review, we greatly appreciate that you took the time to do that.

Lead Quality Analysts (Current Employee) –  Highland Hts, OHFebruary 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for Philips. The Job work/life balance was great. Once my work day ended I was able to go home and totally focus on my family life.
February 22, 2018

Hi there, we're happy to hear that you were able to combine your professional life and private life so well, of course, that’s highly important to us!

Inspiring products and mission
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 17, 2018
At Philips I found the corporation was always willing to support high performing sites. Opportunities were offered to sites with a strong quality and operations track record. This made it exciting to work at my site as we had interesting projects to work on with the full support of the corporation. The management at my site was always very supportive and eager to help the quality staff advance and grow.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Challenges due to driving multiple changes in condensed timeframe
February 22, 2018

Hi, that’s great to hear! Thanks for sharing your review and experiences with here, it’s much appreciated.

Love the actual work, but not so much I want to live there
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Reedsville, PAFebruary 16, 2018
A typical day at Philips is chaos. Will you have enough work? Are you going to be pulled into a meeting to tell you another perk of the job has been taken away? Will you get to have a day off this weekend? What rule has changed since yesterday? Who is quitting this week? Who has been "let go"? What new problem has come up today? Any word on the problems from last week, month, or year?
I wish this were an exaggeration, but it is not. This review is probably mild compared to what others who work there would write.
Management is the same people who have been there forever, and have no clue how to run or operate that plant without breaking the backs of the fine, talented people who work there. They beat you into the ground until you either quit or you become a nasty, angry, disgruntled employee whom they eventually will fire for having a "bad attitude".
The hardest part of my job is watching people who truly care about their work and love what they do become shallow husks of who they really are.
The most enjoyable part is the actual work, which I LOVE. What we do is important!! It's too bad we get paid just a percentage of what our skill sets are worth. It is also too bad such poor management has turned this plant into a revolving door.
Pros
Decent vacation time
Cons
Short breaks, underpaid, and all mentioned in review
February 22, 2018

Hello, we’re glad to hear that you like the work you’ve been doing and that you truly care about it! Of course, we can imagine that the uncertainty you experience isn’t pleasant. Since we’re always looking for ways to grow and improve as an employer, we’ll have a close look at your feedback. Also, we’d like to recommend you to have a constructive chat with your manager about how you feel. Thanks for sharing your well-explained experiences, it’s of great value to us.

Great company
Senior Collector (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 16, 2018
Great company to work for, great benefits and culture. open lines of communication with mmanagement. had a lot of fun but a lot of work too. will work there again if possible.
Pros
yearly summer parties
Cons
they will push you
February 22, 2018

Hi there, we’re glad to hear you enjoyed working with us and had fun at the summer parties! Many thanks for sharing your feedback.

Poor Management,
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 11, 2018
The senior management of Philips is poor. Old "dutch" boys club of consumer sales leaders with zero capability and competency in healthcare. The culture is ruthless, back biting and honors longevity over capability and competency. Not a place for women to work.
benefits
Cons
poor leadership
February 15, 2018

Hello, we regret hearing that you are not having a positive experience in working for us, and we would suggest you talk to your HR manager about this. We do want to thank you for the feedback you're providing us with as this allows us to improve our services as an employer.

Great Place to work
Quality and Regulator (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHFebruary 11, 2018
Great Products, passionate people who care about Quality of Product. Good salary, great benefits, time off, flexible work hours, family oriented business.
Pros
pay and benefits
February 15, 2018

Hello, working with like-minded and equally passionate people is such an important part of any fantastic job, and it makes us happy to learn that you found that with us. Thanks for your review!

Poor pay for the quality product they have
Senior Solution Specialist - IGT Systems (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 9, 2018
The product is #1 in the business but they pay 2nd rate thinking it would sell itself. The reason we are #1 is because of the quality of the Sales professionals and the product. The Sales professionals will leave because of a poor compensation plan.
February 15, 2018

Hi, it is regrettable to hear that you are not having the best experience and feel that the salary is insufficient, especially since our remuneration packages match those of other global industry leaders, while performance-related benefits increase in line with your value and results. We are here to listen and want to thank you for your feedback as this allows us to improve or services as well.

Productive an fun workplace
Enginnering/Production Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHFebruary 9, 2018
Philips Medical Systems is a world-wide company which maufactures medical devices. The US plants have higher standards dealing with quality and FDA regulations. Processes are too complex which makes the other foreign markets profitable.
February 15, 2018

Hi, we think the title of your review says it all! We're happy to hear that you enjoy working as a Test Technician and we're glad to have you on board.

Decent
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 8, 2018
Lots of chaos. A lot of dynamic personalities bumping heads all day everyday. Having came from a clinical setting this was more casual and laid back. Overall not a bad experience but there could be more structure.
February 15, 2018

Hi there, it's great to hear that despite the dynamic environment and personalities around you, you still had a positive experience in working for us. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you all the best in your future career!

Productive and caring place to work
Material Handler/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 8, 2018
I loved my job. Hardest part was getting engineers to do the correct paperwork for what they needed and used. I enjoyed everything about my job. Management and the people were great. I consider it a once in a lifetime opportunity to work at a place like Philips/Dunlee.
Pros
Picnics and luches for all family members
Cons
Maybe the hours
Productive and Friendly
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 3, 2018
The company is a great company to work for. People are very friendly and willing to help. It has a relaxed atmosphere but everyone works extremely hard.
February 15, 2018

Hi there, thank you for all the work you're doing as a Business Analyst and for contributing to the hard-working and friendly atmosphere, we really appreciate it!

Philips was a great place to work
Design Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHFebruary 3, 2018
I enjoyed my summer internship at Philips, it was a Privilege working for them. It was very pleasant and easy to work with the other employees, it felt like you were with family and friends rather than strictly colleagues from the work place.
Pros
1 hr Lunch Breaks
February 15, 2018

It's really nice to hear you felt part of our Philips family during your internship last summer! Thank you for the work you've done for us and we wish you all the best.

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2018
A great place to work, offered competitive benefits,. Work culture is collaborative. They offered great incentive for staff training including paid tuition ....
Pros
Employee perks, such as discounts etc
Cons
Constant change - Sale and Mergers, Relocation lead to uncertainty in employment
February 13, 2018

Hello, we’re glad to hear you enjoy working with us! Of course, there’s also always room for improvement, so your feedback is much appreciated.

Great management/advanced work load
COMMERCIAL OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 1, 2018
This is a very good place to start a career, unfortunately they are deciding to move locations and it just made for a poor finish to a career. There is so much to learn and many GREAT people to work with
February 13, 2018

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here. We greatly appreciate it as we’re always looking for ways to grow and improve as an employer!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight