Phillips-Medisize Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not for me
Quality (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 16, 2018
Not an employer of choice. Don't get Molex benefits, weak PTO time, poor 401K, poor tuition reimbursement, lack of communication. Great co-workers. Nice facilities.
Pros
co-workers, nice facilities
Cons
Benefits, pay, 401k, no gainsharing
Reasonable place to work.
Plastics mold operator (Former Employee) –  Phillips, WIJuly 27, 2018
Fast paced environment. Management was ok. Most did not know anything more then the machine operators. Hired through their own temp agency. You remained payed through temp agency until the company itself picked you up. Pay increase was not much more.
Pros
OK place to work
Cons
Temp agency start. Hired directly if Company chooses.
Management is horrible, especially the Quality Manager falsifies Data
Auditor I (Former Employee) –  WiJune 7, 2018
I would not recommend this company to anyone as they are not a good employer. Management is fake and lies to everyone. Even their clients, they tell them that their product passes validation, but it did not and maintenance caused some of the failed validation. But was covered up my Quality Manager!
Pros
Cons
Too many to lust@
Like the job wasn't happy with the way some managers treated certain employees
Operator at Phillips Medisize (Current Employee) –  Phillips, WIMay 7, 2018
I love my job at Phillips Medisize just don't like the way they treat certain people, that's why they can't keep good, dedicated workers. I work alot of overtime and there were team players that would have to if they weren't treated the way they were treated, in fact they ended up quitting because of it.
Pros
Cons
Fair treatment
A place that makes parts that saves lives
Plastics Operator (Former Employee) –  New Richmond, WIMay 1, 2018
The hardest part of the job is being to work at 4:45 am. The workplace is made up of clean rooms so easy to come and gown up.
The best part of work was having two days off in a row. Days would change from what you have asigned to you. Most of the time you would be looking at parts for damage. What I learned from working with Phillips is I love to help people and work well with all types.
The management was accommodating and friendly.
Pros
paid 20 minute lunches and breaks evey two hours
Cons
A work place that hinders productivity and teamwork.
Easy work but very boring
Operator (Former Employee) –  New Richmond, WIApril 18, 2018
The job was very easy and no stress. I just felt like i was reaching my full potential and could do better. No offence to anyone who works there but most of the jobs are brain dead. Not very many places to advance and management could care less about you. Its a good job if you need somewhere to work asap but i wouldn't call it a career.
Pros
12 hour shifts are nice
Cons
Boring.
Stay away!
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  New Richmond, WIMarch 31, 2018
This place is a joke. They lie right to your face and love to play games with your job. Upper management is a JOKE! The night team lead is a joke. Tells you they want you to move up and train you which never happens or they train you for a day or two and never use you.
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
Too many to list
Worst place Ive work in 20 years
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MAFebruary 12, 2018
I have never felt so betrayed. Everyone act so nice to your face but talk so much bull behind your back just to get some type of credibility. I tried to be helpful but I end up getting the boot. Never trust people, dont help anyone cuz they are just lazy to do their own work, dont be nice to anyone cuz they will just see it as weakness and use you. Dont open your heart to the management. They dont care about you. They pick and choose who they like and will give Engineer position to someone who dont even meet the requirements. But hey, if you're in their cycle, they will give you everything.
RATS!!!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible people. No one can be trusted
Hostile work environment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIJanuary 27, 2018
I'd call this place pretty cut throat. If you're "in" with the management, you're fine. If you're not, they'll stab you in the back. There are many back stabbers that will report people to management and management will believe whatever they say even though it's merely gossip. Management also gossips about operators. Some operators are granted all the time off they could possibly want while others are told they can't go home even if they're sick. Doesn't matter how hard you work. If you're not one of the favorites, you're nothing.
Pros
Some nice people to work with
Cons
Unfair, hostile work environment
Average at best
Operator (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIJanuary 16, 2018
The management staff was really good in my opinion. This is a type of job where you either like it or hate it. Things weren't all bad depending on who you work with .
Pros
Free lunches at times
Cons
Short breaks and lunch
Boring, bad managment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Phillips, WIJanuary 12, 2018
My coworkers were amazing. Management kept asking what they could do better but never kept there promise. Never work under Craig. Guy wouldnt even say good morning just keep walking. This place has management that thinks they are top of the world stuck up and better than u.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Boring, bad management
its the right place to work if your the right color
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  New Richmond, WIJanuary 7, 2018
Horrible place to work. There is so much racists there it's unbelievable. If you contact form employees you would know how much. No mention. The disrespect on a constantly racist jokes. Totally not expected of such a large company.that this would continue to happen so many years. With having a lawsuit against them. The new owners are sitting themselves up to lose alot of money because of this. Then maybe they would clean up the place by taking out the bad weeds..
Pros
it a job
Cons
there is to many to list
Fast paced and strenuous to shoulders and arms
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 15, 2017
Fast paced and strenuous work, breaks are short but often, management and coworkers were nice, clean work space, got warm at times because of the machines.
Pros
option to sit or stand at work stations
Cons
short breaks and strenuous work
It okay
Machine Operator/AssemblerMachine operator (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin,new RichmondDecember 7, 2017
It's a nice place to work it's super clean there's a lot of standing but the time go bye faster than what you think and it's a no smoking place you can't leave the gob break time
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Not much opportunity for advancement.
Support Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Menomonie, WINovember 14, 2017
Atmosphere of quantity over quality. Decisions are made but not communicated. Engineers are great to work with, however, the assembly operators have a mind of their own and do not like to follow work instructions.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Short breaks, Working holidays, 12 hour shifts but only get paid 8 hours for a holiday you are not sceduled to work.
Excellent position for production experience
Machine Operator-Staff Management (SMX) (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WINovember 6, 2017
The 12 hour shift schedule takes some getting used to if you have never done it before. It was very nice to have two week days off every week. The drawback to working here full time was having to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday every other week. Also, the 12 hour days become a very big mental drain after a while. Physically, I got used to the schedule.

A typical day at work consisted of a production meeting in the break room right away in the morning where our team leader would update us on what production lines we were running for the day, any special events or promotions going on, communication alerts from quality and/or engineering, and any other necessary updates. We then went to our first position for the day.

Here I learned a lot about cleanroom practices, common production principles, and work ethic.

The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting dozens of people and making a lot of friends in my time there. I am still close to many of the people that I met there.
Pros
Two days off every week
Cons
You work every other weekend. (Fri, Sat, Sun)
Team building
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 18, 2017
Team building and having scrum meetings twice a week, on understanding the major issues or bottle necks, is very important. The best times are group brain storming sections on product improvement and keeping an eye on the COGs. It’s most important to build on everyone’s full potential and understanding their goals can help on achieving their full potential.
Pros
Healthy free lunch provide great energy, and helps keep everyone focused
Cons
Too many short breaks can slowdown productivity
People are fun to work with
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Medford, WIAugust 13, 2017
While being an operator, I have had the opportunity to work with some very nice people! Although the work can get very boring or stressful sometimes, I would definitely reccomend this job to new high school graduates going directly into the work field. I am obviously moving to greener pastures(jobs I want to do) but my two years here have been eye opening and has helped me create an employer profile for my next job.
Pros
People work well
Cons
Boring, sometimes stressful. Often times the upper management doesn't really listen to operators
Not a bad place just the group of people have picked you'd moving up already
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Menomonie, WIJuly 22, 2017
Looking for somthing else seeing what I can get into hopefully make a pay raise if not I'll stay here till I find somthing I like but looking for somthing eleae
Pros
Good place
Clean production environment
Production Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIJuly 21, 2017
Strict codes of cleanliness have to be met when dealing with medical devices, this company has that plus a lot that has to do with documentation of how products are made. If you have an attention to detail, this company could be the right fit for you.