Phillips 66 Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great experience
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 14, 2018
Stay focused
Have a fast service
Don’t depend on anyone
Fun co workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lyndon, KSSeptember 12, 2018
I loved the people I worked with so it made our night or day go by smoth.mangment wasn't the best. Didn't get health insurance. Did get discount on our drinks
Pros
Co worker
Cons
No medical, bad mangament
Not a hard job to do. But need to have the right mind for it.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Malden, MASeptember 11, 2018
The job is very flexible with hours. But its really hard to move up. And no benefits that can help out in today economy. The pay can be better but also guve chance for employees to move up not just feel like a dead end job.
Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKSeptember 7, 2018
Only reason why I know longer work there is because they outsourced the Travel department. Great people, insurance is fantastic, awesome 401K plan.
Nice place to work
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Golden, COSeptember 5, 2018
Its a good job but no advancement opportunities . Not enough employees for descent coverage for good customer services. Benefits offered were to much money per paycheck.
Terrible pay and Terrible Managers
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2018
The company used to be great, we had a strong culture of growth and employees were valued. In the last 2 years that has all changed.

All management cares about now is boosting the stock price at whatever cost - including underpaying extremely talented employees and laying off people whenever they see fit.

The environment is very much cost cutting rather than growth, despite how well the trading team has performed this year.

We lost 10 analysts in the last 3 months to competitors in industry because of how underpaid our junior level jobs are. Anyone from an entry level analysts to traders are grossly underpaid and under appreciated.

They might be able to entice you to join with a strong salary now because they are desperate and have lost so much talent. But don't fall for their traps - your career growth is capped and your income won't rise at market levels.

I'd caution anyone from joining right now - there are only a handful of talented people left at the company and in the coming months I wouldn't be surprised if our only talented traders ended up leaving. Which would then leave the corporation with mediocre people.
Pros
Gym onsite, Good Cafeteria, Great People (for now)
Cons
Career progression is slow, Low pay, Untrustworthy management
Meh
Commercial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2018
Phillips 66 says it cares about people, but upper management does not reflect those words in their actions.

Your career will be controlled by a director-level group, and oftentimes regardless of what you'd like to do or where you'd like to be moved, there is little to no progression.

They're losing people at an alarming rate because of extreme lack of flexibility, unfriendliness towards those more committed to their families/lives than work, uptight and formal policies and general culture that refuses to bend and flex with modern-day workplace expectations.
Pros
Nice facilities, benefits are pretty good
Cons
Culture, no flex work, no upward movement
Great to employees.
Director, Process Management (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKAugust 31, 2018
If I was a young employee starting out, I would be very committed to Phillips 66 because they are fully committed to growing young employees. As an older employee starting a career here is difficult.
Pros
Very employee friendly
Cons
Management by committee
Safe, clean work environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2018
Los Angeles Lubes Terminal is one of the safest work environments I have ever worked in, with a culture of communication to and from management and all involved who produce, maintain, and supply the company with high quality products for distribution to the general public.
Pros
Free lunches, yearly bonuses, rewarding work, recognition for going above and beyond
Cons
Zero tolerance rules, excessive overtime in the maintenance department
Great
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Brazoria, TXAugust 27, 2018
Awesome, wonderful, great. Couldn’t be better, grateful to be there, cant wait to go back, looking forward to next job there. Great are , friendly place to wrk
Pros
Great job
Enjoyed working there
DCS Board Operatop/Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Westlake, LAAugust 26, 2018
I loved working there but there was unit progression issues. people were good to work with. Enjoyed working the DCS system and outside process jobs. There were many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
good pay, friendly place to work
Cons
unit progression issues
Great place for a life long career
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2018
Overall, Phillips 66 is a great place to work. You can easily spend your entire career with the company whether you want to stay in one role forever or move around. You get out of it what you put in - if you work hard and set clear goals (and have a supervisor that's a good advocate for you), you can definitely advance. Timing can sometimes be tricky since it's a big company and a lot of pieces have to come together for moves to happen..but at the end of the day, it's good compensation, good benefits, great people to work with, and a very stable job.
N/a
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 23, 2018
I had a terrible experience working ther it's always cold in the freezers and the floors always dirty from customers .. alot of hour changes and slow management
Professional management
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 22, 2018
The Company is well-run. There is opportunity for advancement and self-improvement. Their Mission Statement is defined and applicable to the type of work performed.
Over the last 30 years
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Borger, TXAugust 20, 2018
Over the last 30 years I’ve seen the morale at my particular refinery slip lower & lower. We’re currently setting throughput records but most employees are just trying to get in, work safely & get home as quick as possible.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Low Morale
Toxic environment in Communications + poorly run/unethical HR
Communications & Public Affairs (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2018
The employee relations group was a joke, and the company didn't take appropriate action or protect employee well-being when faced with corrupt leadership direction. Though I think highly of some executive leadership, I'll forever be mindful of what I witnessed while working there. Beware.
Instructional Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2018
Great place to work with good leadership support. Enjoy the company culture, the work itself, and my coworkers. The salary was excellent for my line of work as well.
Fast paced, lots of work
Refinery Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, CAAugust 15, 2018
Lots of work hours, stressful that there was so much OT. Couldn’t make plans around anything because you weren’t guaranteed days off. Overall not a fun place to work
stressful and overworked
IT (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKAugust 15, 2018
Big projects big goals. No one to implement and crazy time tables. So much work time off is difficult to take. If your are gone you will be left behind by your project and team. Simply over worked and burnt out!
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad location, stressful understaffed
meeting new people and make them your customer
OWNER/MANAGER (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 15, 2018
Phillips 66 is a good place to work. Flex hours. Meeting new people is always a wonderful experience. Everyday is a learning process. You are your own manager
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Sometimes you deal with Irate customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phillips 66. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight