Phillips 66
71Above average

Phillips 66 Employee Reviews

United States639 reviews
It was hard to find a good place to work in my small town. 66 gave me the hours I needed. Hard work for sure. But if you work your but off you can move up. I went as a line member to crew leader then a blending technician in 2 yrs.
A nice place to work I enjoyed it a lot sorry to see it go to some other owner I was a cashier there and enjoy the customer and being able to make someone's day
Worst experience working with only 6 ppl alot of drama and employee's stealing money and cigarettes. Inventory always messed up. Audits never on point. Theres no real benefits. They don't pay extra for over nights. Management sucked. Then they want u to do all these chores that no one does anyways. This job is not worth it. Only thing good about this job is that your by yourself on your shift that's it smfh
I really enjoyed everything about working at Phillips 66. The people and culture there was top notch. I had hoped to stay longer had it not been for COVID layoff. I was a contractor.
The job itself was challenging and people really were very supportive of each other.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with phillips 66. They are an excellent company to work for, supportive of their employees and strive to maintain the old school, but critical values imperative towards the old dictate "the customer IS always right"!
Pros
Support and camaraderie
Cons
Sometimes it just seemed there wasnt enough coffee in the world for the day!
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Great wage and benefits. A process operator at this refinery works the DuPont schedule and 12 hour rotating shifts. Worked out great for me and my family. Your career is what you make it here.
Sharing or just talking about areas identified as in need of improvement are important, but until that discussion results in action that facilitates change in how we conduct the job, it will not be sustainable to the next generation of workers.
I enjoy working here because you really get to know the customers and everyone is fun to work with. Plus the scheduling is a month in advance that way I can work a second job and work around it.
Pros
Great place to learn people skills
Cons
Management is a little unorganized
Pay is much higher than the average for similar jobs but you have zero flexibility in your schedule. They want you to believe all guidelines and procedures are for the employees benefit and safety but really they are just making sure they are never at fault if something goes wrong. You will lose your job in a second if they are worried about a lawsuit.
Toxic work environment, incompetent management incapable of making the most basic decision - nobody in management wants their name on anything. Subordinates treated like cattle.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Stay in a larger city like Tulsa or Oklahoma City. they have layoffs all the time. Low quality workforce. Pay is excellent. ,.................................
Pros
Pay
Cons
People
Good overall company, but focused on permanent employees. Contractors are not always treated the same. Some contractors are around for years, but top leadership look at them as Disposable resources.
Was paid cash, so I got swindled.
Manager was a poor leader, with trust issues and merciless scrutiny.

Coworkers didn't care for me and disrespected manager.

If you don't memorize the price of every category of product, you're doomed.

Customer was given highest priority.

If you broke something, you paid for it.

If you made a mistake, you better have the receipt.

Product was sometimes past sell by date.

If you don't like the music, sucks to be you.
Enjoyed my time with Phillips and I would recommend them to anyone that is looking to be with a leader in the industry and the back to last though the ups and downs the O&G industry presents.
The company is great. The IT has been behind the times and is struggling to catch up. The middle management is not good. Good Pay, Good Benefits, but like anywhere else it depends on who you work for.
He doesnt pay over time but will give it to you and he can be grumpy sometimes to the point you dont wanna work ther. Ive seen him run several people off with his additude and the way he treats his workers
It was a cool place to work. Customer and family friendly.. Got to meet some very interesting people some of whom I still keep in contact with till this day...
The company is great overall, but I have had a bad manager with many ethic issues.
The big company picture could be very competitive in certain area such as refinery but the truth could be easily covered by the manager of small teams.
Looking forward to be working back at Phillips 66 to improve my skills at the best of my ability. I looking to be apart & become a outstanding manger or supervisor.
Enjoyed my work very much at Phillips. Good company however not a very consistent message was always delivered from Management. Very crucial and hard decisions were made at a level not close enough to the actual work environment. Supervisors had very little say in final decisions.
Manager and coworkers keep up mess. It’s a new problem everyday and they try to hide it. The store stinks now so somebody isn’t doing their job correctly.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phillips 66. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.