Phillips 66 Employee Reviews

Fun work place. Never a dull moment working nights at a gas station in a college town.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 16, 2018
Retail is detail and I pride myself on my work ethic and the cleanliness and satisfaction of customers validates that. I've worked on customer service for a long time so I enjoy working with people face to face and am a huge car enthusiast.
Pros
Night shifts and benefits
Cons
Selling and regulating alcohol
First Job at a convience store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 13, 2018
I Loved my job at the store i was perfect for me i started as a night cashier and in about 3 months the GM requested i be trained for management i worked 3 different stores for the company it was great
Morale was lower and lower every year
Board Operator (Current Employee) –  Rodeo, CAJuly 3, 2018
I’ve never seen more ppl quit then right now. People are choosing life over money because this company doesn’t have regular guaranteed days off except for vacation
Pros
Free lunches once or twice a week
Cons
12 hour rotating shifts with mandatory OT that’s scheduled last min.
Large Corporation plenty of room for advancement.
Executive Assistant to General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
Enjoyed working for Phillip 66, but was there on a contract assignment that ended. Still trying to get back on. Worked for their parent company Conoco Inc. for 10 years as a permanent employee.

Enjoyed the face pace of the job and opportunity to use all of my technical skills.
Pros
Large corporate enviroment.
Good People
Gas Station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 2, 2018
These guys were great to work for still friends with my old manager today. would definetly recommend giving them a try if you need a laid back friendly job.
Overall was good job
Assemblier (Former Employee) –  Selmer, TNJune 27, 2018
Just couldn't handle the heat due to being allergic to heat. I have a rare disease called Urticaria. I was released because of breakout due to the heat in the building
Pros
We got free breakfast, lunch and donuts at certain times
Cons
Heat
Good people locally, beyond that they are clueless
Technician (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 24, 2018
The company is re-organizing so we'll see how things go but for the last several years it's been evident that your' work group (area) is either in good graces with upper management or they despise you. We, for some reason, fell into the latter category. To get any type of support for our area requires kicking and screaming. As a technician we get little to zero support technical-wise from any type of department. Everything is really left to you on the ground to research, remediate, repair, and re-order. Things eventually get missed and then it falls on you (on your supervisor first though) and the slings and arrows begin to fly. They really REALLY do set people up to fail in this aspect.
I like all the people i work with on a daily basis and we help each other out in any way we can. We HAVE to really because anytime a plan gets created from Division offices, it'll be a mess. They have little idea whats going on and them come up with plans that dont work because we are never involved in the planning. It's "us Vs. Them" and has been for years. I don't see much changing. We put a lot of miles on our vehicles and they are not bad about letting us keep them maintained, and the trucks are decent. Tools are readily available and i've never been told no by my supervisor about buying what i need. They may want to pay for it in a certain way or suggest an alternative, but never no. Totally fine there. They need to perform a manpower study also, the equipment/ technician ratio is very off balance. I've easily four times more stations under my care than do most other areas. the only
  more... reason i know this is from traveling to training classes and talking to other techs from areas outside of my own. On that note, that's the only way you can network with other techs, there ought to be a better way for all of us to communicate regularly.
The company fears change in technology, advancements in technology, and upgrades at all. You use it till it falls apart and the gear is obsolete. Then order replacement parts if you can find them. Set-up for failure again!
the future looks bleak here, i'm not sticking around long.
Pros
Company truck (although they track it), Pay
Cons
Lots of cross country travel for training, general disdain for employees.
Company has race issues
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria CaliforniaJune 23, 2018
Worked at the Santa Maria Refinery. The company failed to protect me from the racist policy of the local management that came on board in 2015. There are a lot of good people there who are not racist and I do miss working with them. I wish I had left in 2015.
Pros
Great CEO
Cons
Racism goes unpunished
Good place to work. Talented employees looking for improvement.
Systems/Process Analyst/ SAP Consulting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2018
Found it to be a good place to work. Plenty of sharp folks earnest to improve their use of SAP. I was impressed by the quality of their employees and willingness to learn.
Pros
Great opportunity to improve their facility.
Cons
Limited budget
Poor place to work.
Cooler Manager/cashier (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INJune 20, 2018
The owner did not provide a reasonable salary or a good work environment. Fellow employees stole from the store and the owner knew and continued to let it happen. He let the decent employees pick up the slack of the bad ones and treated his good employees poorly.
Clickish with poor supervision and HR.
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Old Ocean, TXJune 19, 2018
Forget about policy and procedures at Phillips. If you are in the click you can sleep, bring alcohol to work and not do your job. Only certain people have to follow the rules the slackers get promoted to supervisors. What a shame for such a big company.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Sorry supervision and HR
Good 'ole boy network
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Borger, TXJune 19, 2018
If you are a women working in the refinery, you are treated differently. Even if you do your job and continuously strive to do good, it's not recognized. If you work in the office environment, nobody notices what you do or how it affects the process. The benefits are good but the environment can be hostile. And you don't want to turn in one of the bosses for doing anything wrong. They don't do anything about it.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
turns a blind eye to harrasement
After Buyout
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MOJune 16, 2018
Phillips 66 was a really good company before it was bought out by TA, everything became very hectic and they had the managers doing the jobs that human resources was being paid to do so we found ourselves working over to do their job and hours.
Pros
GM pay was pretty good
Cons
They do not support employees and expect you to come into the business already knowing everything.
pretty laidback
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, INJune 16, 2018
I enjoyed my position at Phillips 66 it was fast paced but could get things done pretty quickly. The employees were nice and understanding and made sure I got good hours.
Fast-paced environment, Productivity excellence, Great amenities
Purchasing/Packaging Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2018
A typical day at Phillips66 included but was not limited to reviewing prior day activities followed by meeting with colleagues to plan out daily operations and next steps. Daily follow up with manufacturing/customers/sales/marketing to get updates on new plans and processes.
Productive and fun workplace with nice people
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Foristell, MOJune 12, 2018
A typical workday could be stressful and busy at times but had its good times. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and co-workers.
Pros
fun
Cons
no breaks
Fun place to work
Cashier, Handling Cash, Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSJune 10, 2018
did not like working alone at times, met different kinds of people from overseas, always a busy store / gas station. Store was always well stocked and cleaned.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Slow-paced and relaxed environment!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hallsville, MOJune 3, 2018
Great place to learn about customer service and how to handle sticky situations, you have some interesting customers. Great co-workers. Not a really busy store!
Pros
Breaks
Cons
No benefits till after a year and slow-paced.
Coworkers are amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJune 2, 2018
I worked an eight hour shift working the cash registers and cleaning the store. On an average day we had about 300-500 customers in an eight hour period. I loved working with my coworkers they always could make me laugh and enjoy my work.
busy work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seminole, TXMay 30, 2018
Company has a rotating shift, once there your checking ppl out cleaning bathrooms, stocking products, cleaning around the store to make sure in a clean area.mopping floors making coffee every 2 hours helping ppl if they needed help taking out the trash,, truck day making sure everything goes were products need to be and rotating them while replace new product on the shelf
Pros
has a kickback card you can earn points as you spend and an hour lunch and good
Cons
everyday there always something not right even when you do your best at it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phillips 66. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.9Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight