Phillips 66 Employee Reviews

Phillips 66 is a great company
COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Phillips 66 is a company with core values based on improving lives and providing energy. I am very proud to have been an employee of such a professional and successful corporation with a long standing history in the oil and has industry.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Phillips
Gas Station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, MOJanuary 8, 2019
It was an okay job but making minimum wage is not enough to live on and it was in a shady spot when I worked there, sort of in the middle of nowhere. There was a robbery in the store a week before I got hired.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  MontanaJanuary 6, 2019
Overall a good place to work. Each location functions separately from the other so cultures are easily different from each other. Employees are encouraged to collaborate with one another for problem solving.
Pros
Pay, time off
Cons
Relocation necessary to move up beyond a certain level.
Fast paced work environment
Bayway Refinery, Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJJanuary 5, 2019
Fast paced work environment that places high expectations on its employees. Company overall looks out for its employees and compensates well. Would recommend as a good place to work for someone with a high work ethic. Hours can be long and sometimes weekends are required.
Stressful
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 3, 2019
Working for Phillips 66 was good in beginning then got to be real stressful with not keeping help. No on wanted to work their shifts expected to be able to just have some one come in and work
Good place to work!
Cashier/ Sides person (Current Employee) –  Doolittle, MOJanuary 3, 2019
I enjoy my current position. I love all the folks I work with and enjoy the people I see that come in and out daily. I do multiple things a day which helps the 8 hrs. go by quickly.
manager (Former Employee) –  Bartonville, ILJanuary 2, 2019
This place sucked I worked alone and basicly ran the operation while the owner pocketed the cash, I finally had enough and quit, The owner then hired three people to replace me. He should have paid me what I was wort h instead soon his business was shut down.
Pros
no supervission
Cons
horrible owner
Nice job
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 30, 2018
I loved the pay and the work place. Everyone was nice n friendly . The customer busted my car window witch I didn’t like n the job made me pay for it on my own. With my last check
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Rude customers
Can get stuck
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILDecember 27, 2018
They paid less but had a very conservative culture that made it hard to make moves laterally across organizations or promoted very fast. Very slow working graveyard shift. restocked shelves during the morning, sometimes changed shifts around with people to help them out. Worked by myself most of the time
could have been better
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newton, KSDecember 22, 2018
The job started out great but it lacked structure and a strong manager. Once I was promoted everything fell on my shoulders with no pay increase or additional authority. I was covering a min of 3 no call no show shifts a week and nothing was ever done about it. During a crisis or important events that required the manager the manager never answered their phone so the owner had to be called which resulted in me being written up multiple times because the manager themselves got in trouble. I think if it would have had a better manager that led to having better staff it would have been a great job that i really did love til enough was enough.
Pros
great customers
Cons
constant no call no shows, no leadership, no pay raises, No promised breaks

Want to know more about Phillips 66?

Ask a question
Most days are good days, poorly managed
Operator (Current Employee) –  Borger, TXDecember 21, 2018
Fear management is no way to treat employees! The pay and benefits are above standard and middle management is great. Upper management and human resources make the job unbearable most days
Pros
Ppe provided
Cons
Fear management
Great Place to work if you Stay hourly
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Old Ocean, TXDecember 15, 2018
I have been here 7 years. Started as a painter. Went through the each year learning the craft getting a pay raise each year to the day. The best job i ever had, most of the time you could always pick up extra hours over time and have plenty of money for the family. They decided they were going to do away with my craft and use strictly contractors. My only option was to go salary as a scaffold coordinator. Struggling to pay bills for my family of 5 i am in the market for a new job. The mandatory salary move took away my ability to get extra overtime for the holidays, mishaps with the house, or any other emergencies that may arise. I have seen 4 Plant Managers since i started in 2011, and at least 3 maintenance managers, all with new bright ideas including getting rid of the craft that i spent 7 years learning and perfecting.
Pros
Bonus Check in February
Cons
Constant changes in upper management
TERMINAL OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 5, 2018
Phillips is an amazing place to work, I moved to Texas for my job, but wanting to make it back to Colorado to be closer to family. If the pay was more in Denver area I would try to get transferred but it is not enough to meet my requirements.
No work life balance
Pricing Systems Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2018
Can work up to 16 hours per day. Work with external and internal business partners with supply and pricing. Work billing issues with customers. Organized quarterly group meetings with team members to encourage collaboration.
Pros
Health and savings
Cons
No work life balance
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  733 South VandeventerNovember 26, 2018
Phillips 66 is a fun, clean and friendly place to work, especially if you enjoy helping people. A typical work day would include using scanners, and cash register, handling large amounts of cash, inventory, stocking shelves and coolers, and keeping the store clean.
Pros
Fun place to work, friendly customers
Cons
No scheduled breaks or lunch
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 16, 2018
Pros
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Good work/life balance and respect for that at all layers
- Supportive environment
- Very competent team
- A focus on hiring a diverse and talented team
Cons
- Company feels larger than it is
- A few too many layers
Fuel Espresso at the time not Phillips 66
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 66213November 15, 2018
Owners, Manager Heather and Co workers were not good to with or for. You should clean when necessary, not every hour if there is nothing to clean. The place of business needs a good thorough cleaning once a month, regularly maintenance checks on the machinery that stores drink and food.
Pros
Working to serve customers
Cons
Having to clean every hour
Phillips 66 Bartlesville
Senior Advisor, Stock Based Compensation (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKNovember 12, 2018
Phillips 66 in Bartlesville Oklahoma is the finest company you could work for. The people are professional and humble. The town is a small town you want to raise your kids in. You spend your day solving problems, not dealing with personalities.
Ok?
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNNovember 12, 2018
It was nice quiet place to work easy job and received fourty hours a week really understanding manager worked houra with you if you were sick. Had a good Christmas.party enjoyed the customers and environment
Not Ideal
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Union City,TNNovember 9, 2018
The management is non existent, I haven't ever seen someone so unqualified to be a manager.....the place is dirty, stuff is broken and not fixed, it was voted worst gas station in our town

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phillips 66. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss