Phillips Pet Food & Supplies Employee Reviews

Always stressful.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 6, 2018
Their is allot of beating around the bush talk. Top management making bad assumptions and not investigating to get the real story. Causing bad decisions.
Not great, but not bad. More like a "Meh"
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJuly 1, 2018
Pay good, benefits suck, pto good, co-workers nice, management mediocre, high turnover rate, hardest part of the job was there were excessive amounts of network system glitches and freezes which often prevent an accurate performance. And even after alerting management to the issue, nothing at all was done about it.
Pros
pay, monthly free lunches, work is easy for most part
Cons
benefits, management, job instability
overall not bad but losing hours cureently
Night-time Selector/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FL 33566June 21, 2018
overall not a bad company to work for but the company is currently experiencing a slump.I am currently only working 37- 38 hours a week as a divorced father I need all of my hours. currently i am having to use PTO to make up the time i am short, which means i' have no time off.
Pros
early start means getting off work early
Cons
currently not getting enough hours. having to use PTO to make up my time
Good Company, but needs some work in some areas
Employee (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 11, 2018
The manager in my particular office was great to work with. It is a fast paced environment when it came down to data entry to get orders in on time. This is a good company to work at, but they need to work on the culture of the company and job advancement. I feel job security is good, because they will not let you go unless it is for attendance. Hardest part of the job was playing the role of a customer care rep, inside sales rep, and answering phone calls. Phone calls can sometimes back you up and makes it harder to finish work in a timely manner. Compensation was ok, but benefits was what I was looking for in a company. I have not been here for too long, but there have been many changes to the company that I and many others do not agree with.
Pros
Benefits, decent pay, weekend and holidays off.
Cons
Advancement
Difficult company to work for.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Easton, PA 18045May 31, 2018
The company is going through huge changes. Management was floundering. Lots of people leaving. Lack of honesty in dealing with employees. Micromanaging, poor communicating manager. Oppressive and Lacks any kind of positive direction. 4 compensation changes in a year. Hard to know where you stand.
Pros
Loved the custormers
Cons
Hated the management
Was great until new management
Freezer Lead (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMay 30, 2018
Once the new higher ups came things went down hill fast and I did not want to deal with that anymore. was a great place to work at one point in time but I could not recommend it any more.
Well respected distributor!
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAMay 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Phillips. All the employees working at Phillips were extremely nice and easy to work with. I loved all my customers and coworkers.
Hi
Recieving/ team leader (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 21, 2018
Good place to work but they been cutting people hours . really bad like people been losing alot of money. . we. Cant have no opinions cuz it doesn't count for us.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 21, 2018
Enjoyed the environment. Safety oriented, good equipment.
Co-workers easy to get along with. Management worked well with employees to get tasks done.
Management is the worst
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 14, 2018
When I started I loved it. Then a month in saw them hire outside the company for a manger skipping people we have had there that deserved it. The manager has turned out great but we are still micro managed from our old boss. He sucks. You will never be able to move up the chain there. Great job while look for something else but expect to max out at 14-15 for hard work
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Management and not possible to advance

Want to know more about Phillips Pet Food & Supplies?

Ask a question
Change... it's all about change
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAMay 14, 2018
Change is a way of life at Phillips-- which is fine, when change is well communicated. Phillips has given me options that were not available to me before finding this company-- and for that I am in its dept.

Each department seems to have separate rules, and its own culture-- and as a whole the company could benefit from a more united front.

The pay is decent, but the point policy is poor (and poorly followed).

The executive team moved away from the Easton office, and every week there seems to be a new VP of something. To me, this is the wrong focus... pay attention to your front line. The people doing the purchasing for you, the people picking your product, the people answering your phones. Concentrate on training/education. Concentrate on making sure they are comfortable and confident in what they do-- when this happens, sales will follow.
Pros
Upward mobility, the people
Cons
Work-life-balance
pays good but not a place to grow in
Utility Associate (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAMay 11, 2018
finish all customer orders.that safety is everything im not the only one working there .management will bend rule for the guy they really like and. there no places for advancement .the boss only care for the guy who can pick the most order but they make rules about dont cherries pick through order so you stuck with all the order they dont want to do.i cant say what i enjoy maybe picking orders.
Pros
good paid
Cons
have to kissass
Good group of drivers
class-A driver (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAApril 12, 2018
The job itself isn't bad. Company has went downhill severely in the last few years. Not as far as business. It's the typical big company way demand more pay less. Transportation department supervisor could use some fine-tuning. Lot of inconsistencies as far as job descriptions and disciplinary actions kind of decide as we go type of deal.
Productive and learning expirience
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 2, 2018
Good work environment, good hours and great opportunity to keep learning. Good benefits and it has 3 breaks two of 15 mins each and a third one not paid of 30 min.
unorganized
Account Detailer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 16, 2018
I left when Philips took over Wolverton. Very unorganized. I never even met or spoke to my boss. My orders were not shipped in a timely manner to my stores and no one seemed to care.
Pros
No one knew what I was doing or nagged me
Cons
No direction
not a pleasurable place to work
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAMarch 16, 2018
Complete lack of safety. "do whatever is needed" mentality enforced. No set standards of processes. Rules are left to be willed to company's favor. Management has no control over of employees. Nepotism and favoritism. Wouldn't recommend.
Pros
not bad pay and decent benefits
Cons
Lack of safety
Good place that could have been better
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAFebruary 19, 2018
Rules were made and put in place that not everyone followed yet only some people were punished for breaking them. No support from the Operations Manager who could have made a big turn around and did nothing
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Lack of support from Management
Great place to work. Kind and loving atmosphere
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 10, 2018
I loved working for this company because it dealt with my favorite things, animals and people. You don't just provide help and care for pets but you also provide knowledge to the customer in caring for their pets.
Pros
Working with animals and helping people.
Cons
Manager was jealous. A lot of drama.
ok place to work
Truck Driver Class B or A (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAFebruary 3, 2018
A typical day is 12 to 14 hours of work. Hand unloading with delivery. Heavy lifting. Driving in difficult areas in large cities. Most enjoyable part was working with my fellow employees.
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Health care plan is expensive
produstive and hard working place
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Hard working but not appreciative of your hard work sometimes.
They want you to work very hard for them but not be understanding when you make a mistake even if its not necessarily your fault.
Pros
free lunch, company functions, bonuses
Cons
sometime long hours, no appreciation of hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phillips Pet Food & Supplies. Our community is ready to answer.