Phillips Employee Reviews

2nd job
framer (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCMay 23, 2018
they always lay off and plus there is no job security. i've worked there twice in my lifetime and nothing has changed. now the doors are closing forever
Business Analyst, Truck and Rail Operations (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKMay 17, 2018
Challenging tasks and ability to solve problems independently.
Professional management and fair compensation.
Opportunity for raises and bonuses are fair and generous.
Good company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXMay 1, 2018
Was a good place to work. Only left due to moving away from the area. Would work for them again in other circumstances. Advancement possibilities were available.
Stressful work enviroment, but it develops you to be a top performer
ROTATING EQUIPMENT ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 22, 2018
Overall, Phillips 66 is a quality company with great respect for its employees. The work life balance is a problem area with most engineers and managers, but it's known upfront. This job is stressful, but the gratification of a job well done is hard to beat. The Lake Charles Refinery is an enjoyable place to work with a welcoming culture. I would recommend Phillips 66 to a friend.
Operator
66 Chemical Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Sweeny, TXFebruary 26, 2018
The work is great and the people and the company is great I just need to relocate for my kids. It’s a great company to work for and the people are wonderful.
Not bad if you can handle the shifts
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  New Richmond, WIFebruary 7, 2018
Not bad if you can handle the offset of 12 hour shifts two days on two days off three days on two days off then the much needed three days off which by that point you will need.
Catastrophe Clean Up
CQC Site Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 3, 2018
Very fast pace environment. While working Catastrophe clean up we worked 7 days a week 12 hour days. Management was at first a little unorganized but did their best.
Great People
First Line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJDecember 14, 2017
Phillips 66 has many great people within the organization. Careers are not stagnant as you will have many lateral moves in a short period of time. Although this often keeps your work fresh it also limits your ability to advance. If you are willing to relocate, you will find many more opportunities.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Poor growth opportunity
It was slow all the time
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chandler, OKNovember 25, 2017
Every day it was really dull I was getting paid so little and only worked 3 days a week so I could not keep the job and every time I had to clean the bathroom It was filthy completely discussing
Pros
Non
Cons
Very little pay
very nice people to work around
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Roselle, ILNovember 20, 2017
started the day by getting all the machines working right and all the merchandise and material we will need to do whatever job we had to do that day... once we had everything situated we got to work. i basically packed boxes with merchandise, packed em in boxes and put them on a pallet jack..
Pros
very nice people to work around.. 3 breaks
Cons
didnt pay much and didnt give us many hours..
excellent
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  tupelo, msNovember 7, 2017
greatAssist patient to with everyday activities such as bathing, playing games, eating lunch, brushing teeth, transport from wheelchair to whirlpool, going outside to get fresh air, light housekeeping with patient room, changing patient cloths, getting patient ready for bed, getting patient dress, and etc
good place and peoples for working
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAOctober 26, 2017
You can manage your future and directions to grow.
I wish to go with my new business plan but owner has no intention to invest, sorry for that. however I enjoyed the Phillips curture.
Pros
Nice people and benefits
Cons
too far from home
it was an ok place to work in
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 21, 2017
slow days were the worst , but was always a clean area to work in , lunch area was cool , people working there were nice managers were on whatever problem that needed to be fixed
Pros
fast paced
Cons
slow days
Good
Project Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Princeton, MNOctober 9, 2017
It was a nice place to work. The company did a good job keeping me busy as an intern. There were opportunities to be promoted or move up in position within the company. Everyone was nice and the atmosphere was friendly and team-oriented.
Manager, Corporate Services (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKOctober 5, 2017
Phillips 66 is a great place to work. They really go out of their way to take care of their employees. The work is very intense but rewarding. I have never worked for a company that had better compensation package, time-off, and work-life balance.
The fellow employees were great as well as the management.
Pros
Great management, compensation and work assignments
Cons
Bartlesville seemed to be treated as step-child of the company
Company struggling to survive in economic downturn
Consultant - Oil/Gas industry clients (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2017
After the split of an integrated oil company into two (upstream and downstream), both companies are struggling to find their place in an independent environment. Added to that, the downturn of oil prices has impacted the budgetary ability to move forward with what should be done. There is a constant fear of layoffs as the price of oil remains low. The culture is very conservative, and contractors are not embraced or easily accepted in the Oklahoma location. The Houston located is forward thinking and much more accepting of outside ideas and concepts. The hardest part of the job was working with IT leaders who often times disregarded the needs of the Business, choosing rather to focus on the "on time and under budget" aspects of a project. The most enjoyable part was working with the individuals . I met a lot of really great people.
Pros
Nice working conditions (ergonomics, privacy)
Cons
Lack of transparency from various levels of leadership
Productive team with a poor supervisor that harassed the team members
Lease Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73116September 21, 2017
I loved working for Phillips when my initial supervisor hired me on, She was a wonderful boss and mentor. I learned a lot from her. I went on to mentor and train the new employees. Then she resigned due to harassment after 26 years and branched out to start her own company. After that another colleague became our supervisor and the dynamic of the office became hostile, competitive, stressful, aggressive and he was a big part of it and not trying to even stop some of it.
Pros
Benefits, Company as whole is great, awesome people and culture
Cons
OKC Field Office is not a worthy place to work. Poor Management, Very hostile environment
the enviornment is not what it use to be
Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CASeptember 20, 2017
hr at the location I worked at expects that if they ask you to turn water into wine you do it. I understand asking hard things but somethings are literally impossible to do and to expect the impossible to happen is even more Ludacris. if the union doesn't like you they do whatever they can to get you fired up to and including sabotage. there are some people there who will have your back no matter what but overall they'll smile at you through their teeth and then stab you in the back repeatedly
New Store
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2017
The staff was great, the guest are awesome. However upper management is still grasping the new store in Ten Tavern. So there are some serious communication issues. Once that is fixed whenever that is, the store will take off
Constantly busy
Operator, shipper (Current Employee) –  BORGER TEXASSeptember 8, 2017
The hardest part of my position was to bill out railcars after working steady all day long in the weather. Culture outthere is steady threat of being fired for errors. The pay was excellent and majority of the people there where outstanding.
Benefits
Cons
Policy changes