PHMG Employee Reviews

United States33 reviews
People in the Chicago office are great. Managers are usually helpful and understanding. Job pays well. Not really any job advancement. Lots of travel means less time at home. Sometimes you have to drive 6+hrs a day. I would average 1k miles per week. Company paid for hotel stays, food, gas, rental vehicle (which is nice). Overall good company, would work for them again.
Pros
Great pay and people.
Cons
If you hate driving this is not for you.
Lots of opportunity for Career Growth and a fun work environment. I was promoted 3 times in 3 years and gained lots of valuable and transferable experience.
Just nope. Culture was terrible. High turnover rate, saw so many people get fired. It was basically an extension of high school with their attitudes. The design of the company was to profit off your sales even after you’ve left. It was more stressful than encouraging.
Let's start w training. You will spend almost a week on training, but really only half a day of that is on how to actually do the job. The rest of the week is about how great and innovative the company is, but really it's not. Once you are on the floor, you are left to sink or swim. No one will help you. They won't tell you this, but your expected to put in basically 12 hr days. You're looked down upon if you take a lunch or break. It's a very unprofessional environment, lots of screaming. I'm not saying they're sexist, but most women don't do well there. Only one woman was making good money during my time. Turnover is ridiculous. There's a reason they are always hiring, and have a large training classes every other week.
Everyone is very high spirited, energetic, and ready to work hard. The community within the company is one of the best and most inclusive I've seen and compliments the personalities of those working there very well. There are definitely times where work gets overloaded and complicated due to the many different channels each assignment has to go through but typically it is a manageable workload.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
High Energy company, Excellent Client service. Awesome parties and events on Chicago. Leading the field in Audio Branding, the music that represents the companies brand.
I started with PHMG a little over 3 months ago, coming from an industry where one call closing was key. PHMG is a one call closer's dream job. There is no sourcing, cold calling, and very rarely do you end up in situations where the deal is not closable. The one thing the company has nailed is the collaboration between the inside sales team and business development, to where everything works as a well oiled machine. The recruiters do an amazing job of hiring the right people that create a culture of people that are passionate about not only winning but being the best, which creates great team bonds in all departments. With this, as with any sales position, it is a performance based business, so management expects results, which works well with me, because I love striving to be the best at everything that I do. And the best part of it all, is when you perform exceptionally, you are rewarded exceptionally with a very lucrative commission structure. Overall, if you have the mindset to strive to be the best, and love selling exceptionally great products, you will not only fit right in at PHMG, but you will succeed very quickly as well!
I have been working for PHMG since the Chicago office opened over 2 years ago and I honestly don't think I could have found a better fit for me. The way management values their employees, the culture of the whole company and the pay/compensation are all top notch. They provide you with all the tools you need to be successful, in any position within the company, and as long as you are willing to work hard you will be rewarded for it (in both pay and recognition).

The whole company is known for working hard but they all also play hard too and it's a very fun company to work for. They constantly have different events (Summer Soire, Christmas Party, etc) to celebrate their employees and I promise you none of these events disappoint; they go ALL OUT for them.

I cannot stress enough how much I love what I do and how much I love working for PHMG. If I had to point out one thing that is a little tough on me with my role it is just the amount of travel I do. My job role consists of being out in the field and I do travel a lot which can be a little tough with a family. Obviously this won't apply to a majority of the roles within PHMG anyways though. With all that being said, the positives outweigh the negatives BY A LANDSLIDE and I plan on staying with PHMG for the rest of my career.

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!
Pros
Culture, Management, Pay/Compensation, Recognition
A great position if you are just starting your career. Because so much of the work is completed as a team respect amongst coworkers is vital. The company provides a week long orientation so you know and understand every department that makes the business succeed.
Cons
low salary
This is a company that has big goals and those willing to work hard and deliver the numbers will grow with it.

Yes it’s hard work but it should be, you don’t get a big pay cheque for just sitting on your behind.

Those wanting to bad mouth the company, clearly couldn’t do the job asked of them!
Pros
Good commission, great offices, great product, great colleagues
Cons
Hard work
This company has been great since day 1. I have had an amazing experience with everyone I have worked with, with excellent support from upper management. I have worked for many "corporate" companies who do not value their employees nor provide them with the skills and support they need to succeed....this is NOT one of those companies. This is a team, a family, with positive attitudes from career oriented employees. The compensation is great with numerous benefits.

Overall, I would give PHMG an A++ because I truly cannot imagine working for another company at this point.
Pros
Excellent support/training, positive culture and workplace, opportunity to advance
Cons
Not a con but you need to be a person who strives to be the best, who is always trying to better themselves. PHMG is not a company for mediocre employees
I have been working here for a little more than 15 months. I have pretty much enjoyed it the entire time. With any Sales position there are ups and downs, but PHMG makes a point to give back to the Sales staff whenever they can. The mantra of "Work Hard, Play Harder" is not lost on this company. The best thing about being in Sales at this company is that you are paid promptly and accordingly. You won't have to wait months to receive the fruits of your labor. That is something that is unique to working in Sales. in my experience. I used to have to track down my clients and shake them down to pay us in order to receive my commissions. That doesn't happen at PHMG. Great culture, great payment structure, great office, great product. I have been a happier person ever since my first day here.
Pros
Good pay structure, good incentives, great PTO
Cons
short breaks, dress code
Awesome environment. Open sales floor filled with good people.
High energy, fast paced.

Company gatherings at high-end venues, open bars, great meals

Competitive, with tons of incentives for top earners.

Trips to U.K. (and PTO to stop in some other countries)

Cash bonuses every month when you reach collective sales target.
Great company, open to new ideas and technology. Very exciting place to work The communication between Physician and Directors was exceptional. Great place.
If you want to work 12 hours a day and get paid absolutely nothing then PHMG is the place for you. If you want to drive 200-300 miles a day then PHMG is for you. Aggressive sales culture that is very demanding with a very high turnover rate. If you are able to survive and sell, which I did, they do everything in there power to undercut your earnings (not paying you the right commission), or they have clawbacks/cancellations that are sometimes fabricated to drop you to a lower pay bracket. Horrible management and your voice means absolutely nothing 100% of the time. In Fact, if you speak up at all you will be black balled within the organization and your daily appointments will be drastically slashed. I'm still waiting for my last paycheck from November as we speak.
Cons
No Growth, Pay not what they promised, Poor management
A typical work day is about 3-5 appointments. These are all set by the inside team. They give you what you need to be successful. Your role is to close new business and that is it. So everything else taken off your plate, which is a sales person's dream. Your are well compensated if you are hitting your sales targets. I am on pace for $200k+. Of course you have to close business and be confident in yourself to do so.
Hardest part of the job is the driving amount. Also because you don't control your schedule you are expected to be at all appointments. You really should not reschedule your appointments. For me a downside is when it is slow because of holidays and you have too much time on your hands. I personally like to sit as many appointments as possible and stay busy.

If you like the rush and challenge of selling this is the role for you.

The company and product is the top int he industry. You have to love music and branding.
Pros
compensations, cool product and industry leading
Cons
drive times
Everyone is great friends at the company!

If you work hard, you receive great rewards.

There are games to play during breaks.

Management expects you to do your bit and pushes your to do your best.
Pros
Free lunch for top performers, pay incentives, leave early incentives.
Cons
Can't always take lunch/ breaks because work needs to be done.
The don't actually pay like they say because they will find or make up an excuse to claw back your already earned commissions or just not pay you for some undisclosed reason. This company is a scam and all the managers are in on it.

Leads are always cold, set by people in England, who do not care at all about your success. Often the appointment does not know you have an appointment. Product is substandard and overhyped, which the buyer can easily see. If you don't make the sale you're treated like a loser by managers. They never help and the training is abysmal, like twenty years out of date. Yet they think they're actually on the cutting edge.

You're given appointments that are way, way out of your supposed driving range and you have to get there on time. Again, the contact often has no idea who you are - they have not even heard of PHMG!

Then you have to drive a hundred miles to your next cold appointment.

You are expected to work 60 hours minimum, and you might be able to make $55K or $60K, and that's with a high close rate! The product sells for cheap so your commissions will be tiny. This is a "hard work" company, not a work smart company, so you are constantly working overtime to fix problems that have been ironed out in other more professional companies.

One of the worst run companies around, and they all lie - about your pay, your leads, their market share, the product, everything - because they are scammers. They expect you to support their scam and cover for their lack of professionalism. Stressful culture that always seems to be imploding
 - more...
Pros
Out of office. But they micromanage you from afar.
Cons
Hundreds of miles of driving to cold leads. Not getting paid.
These people are arrogant, rude, and full of themselves. You will be selling out-dated stuff that nobody wants and they will act they are on the cutting edge.
Typical cold calling experience, fast paced, high stress. Great for someone looking to make 150 min call time a day. Not a very professional work environment.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
high stress
they don't deliver on what they promise.

lots of favoritism. Lack of proper training. No support or help for new employees. High expectations without proper guidance for roles.

Travel way outside assigned territories, without additional compensation.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PHMG. Our community is ready to answer.