PHMG Employee Reviews

Going places
MDE (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2018
This is a company that has big goals and those willing to work hard and deliver the numbers will grow with it.

Yes it’s hard work but it should be, you don’t get a big pay cheque for just sitting on your behind.

Those wanting to bad mouth the company, clearly couldn’t do the job asked of them!
Pros
Good commission, great offices, great product, great colleagues
Cons
Hard work
Great Culture, Great Management / Support, Opportunity for Advancement
Client Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2018
This company has been great since day 1. I have had an amazing experience with everyone I have worked with, with excellent support from upper management. I have worked for many "corporate" companies who do not value their employees nor provide them with the skills and support they need to succeed....this is NOT one of those companies. This is a team, a family, with positive attitudes from career oriented employees. The compensation is great with numerous benefits.

Overall, I would give PHMG an A++ because I truly cannot imagine working for another company at this point.
Pros
Excellent support/training, positive culture and workplace, opportunity to advance
Cons
Not a con but you need to be a person who strives to be the best, who is always trying to better themselves. PHMG is not a company for mediocre employees
Great Place To Work
Media Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2018
I have been working here for a little more than 15 months. I have pretty much enjoyed it the entire time. With any Sales position there are ups and downs, but PHMG makes a point to give back to the Sales staff whenever they can. The mantra of "Work Hard, Play Harder" is not lost on this company. The best thing about being in Sales at this company is that you are paid promptly and accordingly. You won't have to wait months to receive the fruits of your labor. That is something that is unique to working in Sales. in my experience. I used to have to track down my clients and shake them down to pay us in order to receive my commissions. That doesn't happen at PHMG. Great culture, great payment structure, great office, great product. I have been a happier person ever since my first day here.
Pros
Good pay structure, good incentives, great PTO
Cons
short breaks, dress code
Media Development Executive
Media Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2018
Awesome environment. Open sales floor filled with good people.
High energy, fast paced.
Company gatherings at high-end venues, open bars, great meals
Competitive, with tons of incentives for top earners.
Trips to U.K. (and PTO to stop in some other countries)
Cash bonuses every month when you reach collective sales target.
IT Manager
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2018
Great company, open to new ideas and technology. Very exciting place to work The communication between Physician and Directors was exceptional. Great place.
Do Not Work Here!!!
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  ManchesterJanuary 15, 2018
If you want to work 12 hours a day and get paid absolutely nothing then PHMG is the place for you. If you want to drive 200-300 miles a day then PHMG is for you. Aggressive sales culture that is very demanding with a very high turnover rate. If you are able to survive and sell, which I did, they do everything in there power to undercut your earnings (not paying you the right commission), or they have clawbacks/cancellations that are sometimes fabricated to drop you to a lower pay bracket. Horrible management and your voice means absolutely nothing 100% of the time. In Fact, if you speak up at all you will be black balled within the organization and your daily appointments will be drastically slashed. I'm still waiting for my last paycheck from November as we speak.
Cons
No Growth, Pay not what they promised, Poor management
Outside sales you make it happen
BDM (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2018
A typical work day is about 3-5 appointments. These are all set by the inside team. They give you what you need to be successful. Your role is to close new business and that is it. So everything else taken off your plate, which is a sales person's dream. Your are well compensated if you are hitting your sales targets. I am on pace for $200k+. Of course you have to close business and be confident in yourself to do so.
Hardest part of the job is the driving amount. Also because you don't control your schedule you are expected to be at all appointments. You really should not reschedule your appointments. For me a downside is when it is slow because of holidays and you have too much time on your hands. I personally like to sit as many appointments as possible and stay busy.
If you like the rush and challenge of selling this is the role for you.

The company and product is the top int he industry. You have to love music and branding.
Pros
compensations, cool product and industry leading
Cons
drive times
Great atmosphere
Senior Media Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2018
Everyone is great friends at the company!

If you work hard, you receive great rewards.

There are games to play during breaks.

Management expects you to do your bit and pushes your to do your best.
Pros
Free lunch for top performers, pay incentives, leave early incentives.
Cons
Can't always take lunch/ breaks because work needs to be done.
Good reviews are Fake, by the managers, Bad reviews are all too Real.
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 21, 2017
The don't actually pay like they say because they will find or make up an excuse to claw back your already earned commissions or just not pay you for some undisclosed reason. This company is a scam and all the managers are in on it.

Leads are always cold, set by people in England, who do not care at all about your success. Often the appointment does not know you have an appointment. Product is substandard and overhyped, which the buyer can easily see. If you don't make the sale you're treated like a loser by managers. They never help and the training is abysmal, like twenty years out of date. Yet they think they're actually on the cutting edge.

You're given appointments that are way, way out of your supposed driving range and you have to get there on time. Again, the contact often has no idea who you are - they have not even heard of PHMG!

Then you have to drive a hundred miles to your next cold appointment.

You are expected to work 60 hours minimum, and you might be able to make $55K or $60K, and that's with a high close rate! The product sells for cheap so your commissions will be tiny. This is a "hard work" company, not a work smart company, so you are constantly working overtime to fix problems that have been ironed out in other more professional companies.

One of the worst run companies around, and they all lie - about your pay, your leads, their market share, the product, everything - because they are scammers. They expect you to support their scam and cover for their lack of professionalism. Stressful culture that always seems to be imploding
  more... due to incompetence.  less
Pros
Out of office. But they micromanage you from afar.
Cons
Hundreds of miles of driving to cold leads. Not getting paid.
Terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2017
These people are arrogant, rude, and full of themselves. You will be selling out-dated stuff that nobody wants and they will act they are on the cutting edge.
Fast pace work environment
Media Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2017
Typical cold calling experience, fast paced, high stress. Great for someone looking to make 150 min call time a day. Not a very professional work environment.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
high stress
Smoke and Mirrors
Business Development Regional Manager for NY (Former Employee) –  ManchesterNovember 17, 2017
they don't deliver on what they promise.

lots of favoritism. Lack of proper training. No support or help for new employees. High expectations without proper guidance for roles.

Travel way outside assigned territories, without additional compensation.
Great company with lots of career opportunities
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2017
PHMG is a very rewarding and challenging job. If you're willing to work hard, you will be rewarded generously.

I love the culture and fun environment, as well as everyone's individual commitment.

Training was ample and excellent and is ongoing. Opportunities for advancement are available.
Pros
Ipad incentives, trips to Uk, great commission, great culture
Cons
Work hard culture, you need a positive attitude
Hard Work Pays Off
Head of Sales (Current Employee) –  Manchester, UKNovember 15, 2017
I have been with PHMG for 5 years and it is the best decision I have made. The level of sales experience here makes it easy to learn, and the initial training course covers all the bases to give you a head start.
Being surrounded by hungry sales people all day gives you all the energy you need to work the 10-12 hour days. The harder you work outside the office, the easier it is in it.
The social aspect of the company makes you feel like a part of a family, not a business, and the Summer Soiree and Xmas Party are not to be missed.
If you are looking to work hard and commit to advancing your career and find a company you can stick with for life I highly recommend you pick up the phone and get in touch.
Pros
Money, Events, Csr
Challenging and Rewarding Workplace
Media Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2017
I've worked in sales in a few different roles. I was a United States Navy Recruiter, Outside Sales for a Staffing Firm, and now here with PHMG. It's been a great experience having been here from the beginning of this office. The people are great. We have amazing team camaraderie.

I've been pushed to hit targets and excel here as a sales person. That led to me getting to visit the UK, Manchester where the HQ is, London, and Portugal all paid for by the company. It's honestly the best job I have ever had.

Upward mobility is also something I have thought was great here. I've been here less than a year and have already been promoted twice and am now in management. The opportunity for growth within this organization is phenomenal. The company is continuing to grow rapidly in Chicago.
Pros
Upward Mobility, Incentive, Comp Structure
Cons
Great Challenge
The copy team is a great thing
Senior Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Manchester, UKJuly 13, 2017
The copy team is unique within the company and I speak from experience, having shared office space with pretty much all other teams over the years. The copywriters are expected to work hard, but the management also recognise we are all creatives, so there’s loads of banter and laughs too, including outside of work. What’s made our team great is the careful hiring, where the personality of the candidates counts as much as their skills and experience. Overall, while we have a heavy workload every day, we aren’t working beyond our capabilities. Praise for individual achievement is shared with the whole team on a regular basis. We are led by encouragement and training, and every person on the team has a chance to shine. A big bonus is being able to write for world markets: the USA, Canada, Australia, Singapore and others.
Pros
Amazing people we work with
Cons
The creative teams should sit together on one floor. No casual Fridays.
Chicago BDM
BDM (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2017
I have been with PHMG for nearly a year now and overall I have been very happy with my decision. I left a job I had been with for over 15 years for the hopes of starting a career with a company that looked to be growing. It was a big jump for me going from managing 200 employees to simply being a sole contributor. Having 2 kids, it was important that I found something with more work life balance and I found it with PHMG. Although I struggled for the first 3 months, management worked hard to make sure I got on track. I consistently put in the effort and let management know what I was doing to work on improving and because of that I got a significant amount of help. Year to date I am one of the top 5 BDM’s in the company world wide and have a solid shot at finishing the year at #1. Management is supportive but equally as important is the comradery amoungst the BDM’s across the country.

The money is there, as long as you are performing and show that you have the work ethic. It was good to see that the US CEO and Manchester were open to the feedback and made adjustments to keep the team happy. Personally, I think that $150K is an easy number to obtain with many earning a lot more. That coupled with the fact that you get a healthy car allowance, reimbursed for mileage and even a cup of coffee a day makes for a pretty good plan.

Socially the team is always planning fun events. When I was in Manchester for training myself along with 3 other BDM’s were in the company seats at a ManU game sitting with the CEO and a sales manager. This summer in Chicago they are having a huge
  more... bash where they are literally flying the BDM’s in from Canada and all across the US so we can have this event together and celebrate the years successes and have a good time. Locally, about 1X a month we go get training as BDM’s and have a dinner as a team.

PHMG Con’s

The company is rapidly growing in many markets and want to make sure that they are hiring the right people so at times we are running lean on staff.
Fantastic company to work for
Key Account Manager (North America) (Current Employee) –  ManchesterJune 28, 2017
PHMG provide you with excellent support to fulfil your potential within the company. Hard work is very much rewarded both with opportunities and compensation/benefits. PH Perks offers another reward for showing your commitment to your role and are very much appreciated by all staff. Everyone at PHMG works together well and this creates a supportive and very positive working environment.
Pros
Great training and support from management
Good Company, Fun Environment
Media Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2017
I started with PHMG around a month ago and have loved every second. Training immerses you in the company brand and culture basically how it all started and it was very eye-opening. When I hit the phones for the first time it was a great feeling. Well prepared. The culture is amazing. Pool table, ping pong table and Xbox during lunch and breaks. Softball once a week as an office. There's a lot to do after work too downtown. Management use great incentives to hit our targets. I hit my first month revenue target and was treated to a delicious meal at an amazing restaurant downtown with the CEO, head of sales, and everyone else who hit target. Overall great company and I'm very happy to be here.
Pros
Lots of incentives, realistic revenue targets
Cons
Have to look at Lake Michigan every day when it's nice outside
Growing Media company with fast track career progression
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2017
I was recommended PHMG by a friend who worked here and since starting I haven't looked back. I'm on track to earn $85k this year (and I only have a year's sales experience) and the environment is fun and I've made great friends. I've just returned from a trip in the UK which I won as an incentive and I'm in line for a promotion into a Team Leader role if I keep smashing my targets. It's a very exciting place to be with all the expansion plans this year and I'm looking forward to our summer party in a few weeks.
Pros
Views of Lake Michigan, ping pong, watch incentives, UK trips, pool table, cash incentives
Cons
Only 1 ping pong table

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PHMG. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2