Phoenix Children's Academy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It’s like work becomes your family
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 6, 2018
Amazing manager!!!!
Amazing co workers and working environment.
Working with Little’s can be stressful but this place is flexible, fun, and exciting to work at!
Pros
Best place to work
Cons
I had to move states and leave! :(
Productive workplace with kind people
Lead Pre-K Teacher, Employee Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 8, 2018
Students were kept very busy with a lot of interesting events and activities. Staff were kind and caring and did their best to meet each child's needs.
Pros
Loving environment with caring staff.
Cons
No particulat set backs, a great place for children to grow and learn.
Productive and Fun
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Phoenix Children's Academy is a great place to work if you love children. The atmosphere was loving and encouraging. Teachers worked well together to create a school wide theme each month.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
expensive healthcare
awesome place
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 9, 2017
Phoenix Children's Academy was by the far the best preschool and day care that I have ever worked at. It provided me with so much knowledge and training to better myself and my knowledge of children and how to handle certain situations. It gave me opportunity to move up in my career and to mold into the amazing Early Childhood Education teacher that I am today.
Pros
Benefits, Paid vacation, and to move up in your career
Cons
long training
nice facility
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2017
phoenix children's academy doesn't care about its employees. they have a horrible corporate feel, there is no work life balance. if you are in management they require you to be there all the time on salary.
Being a team player and being appreciated as a person
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 31, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was how the school included the community in special events. We had lots of special events: Breakfast with Santa, Mother's Day Tea Party, Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings, Trunk or Treat. In the winter we had a snowmaker truck make snow for all the children and in the summer splash days and movies and popcorn family nights.
Pros
Friendly and loving environment
Cons
the pay
Financial Aid Worker
Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75240May 20, 2017
While here during school, I was able to work in the financial aid office to help other students complete different task from the office. Also, I had the chance to work in the residence hall as a dorm assistant.
High quality place to work, management will make or break it.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 2, 2017
The company itself takes education seriously and, for the most part, the schools are very nicely maintained. The only issues are management, they can definitely be hit or miss when it comes to competency and efficiency. As long as you don't do anything against the rules, job security is very stable.
Pros
Hour lunches, holidays off, Pto
Cons
Management styles
I loved the people I worked with and the work I was doing
Toddler Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAMarch 20, 2017
I greatly enjoyed working at Mini Skool, if it wasn't for there not being much room for advancement, I would have stayed with the company long term. I worked with amazing people and the families and children there were enjoyable to be around and care for.
New management now, previous management terrible
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 17, 2017
I can't write a review on the new management. The previous One was terrible. No room to grow in company, same unnutritional, canned food menu for kids, old broken toys, playground was never mowed and unable to be used during hot days bc lack of shade, teachers yelling at kids. Quit when management wouldn't fix problems with young coworkers breaking rules constantly. 7 cent to 15 cent raises. Front desk did not have the brains to run school properly.
Loving the Children
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 29, 2016
A great place to work you have to love working with children and focus totally on there well being. It's not like a regular school so the days off may vary.
Great Starter
Lead School Age Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAMay 16, 2016
Working for Mini-Skool, is great for a new graduate from college that needs work experience dealing with children. You will learn what to do and what not do. Overall, this job is not made for a career path.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
pay, short breaks, management
Co-workers are fun to work with
After School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2016
I enjoy working with kids. Co-workers are great. Management can be better by communicating to the employers. learned to have patients and just to flow as the day goes on.
Fun and enjoyable enviroment for teachering children
Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 16, 2015
Great environment, Amazing staff, and great team. The children and other staff make it enjoyable to come to work everyday.
Not a good place to work.
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sleaterkenny Lacey WashingtonSeptember 11, 2015
I was continually ask to preform duties that were illegal and unsafe while at Miniskool sleaterkenny. Both staff and children were openly talked about in negative and demeaning ways by the directors. The family's I worked with were great and that was the only thing that kept me at this job. I would never suggest this company to family's or potential employees.
Pros
Kind family's and children.
Cons
Very poor management.
Think twice before working here!!!
lead preschool teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2015
phoenix stonegate here in Houston is poorly ran and managed. The director is known to be verbally abusive with her staff and the children attending school here. The front office cuts hours if they notice you are getting close to working more than 40+ hours a week. They do not pay for any training or finger printing, you have to pay out of pocket. Teachers often wander around leaving classrooms out of ratio and children unattended.
Pros
The students are super loving and sweet. The parents are always very helpful.
Cons
no overtime, poorly managed by the director and the entire front office.
Pay doesnt cut it
Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXAugust 27, 2015
Its a LOVELY school with great families. That being said- the annual raises never happened. I worked there for 6 years, and one year received a 5 cent raise. Yes, I'm serious. In six years, my pay increased a total of $1. I also took on the job of opening keyholder and kitchen manager during this time. Neither produced an increase in pay. Long term teachers just are not rewarded. This is a great job for a college student trying to get through school, but I urge experienced teachers not to take a job with this company.
The directors at my school were amazing, even though many of the teachers were incompetent. The families were long time customers and spoiled us where the company failed us. If you are in it for the love and experience of caring for children in a welcoming and supportive environment, that's wonderful- but don't let this large company pay you less than competing companies will offer you up front and long term. One last item: the company would hire on new employees at the going rate, say $11 an hour, while teachers who had been with the company in the same school for 10 years were still making less than $10 an hour.
Pros
Child care discount
Cons
"Benefits package" is far from affordable in comparison to pay
Run
Teacher (Former Employee) –  someplace,WaAugust 20, 2015
I would Ike to say nice things but I really can't. I will start with pros. It's a job,some of employees are cool. That's it.
Cons are a lot. Bad pay, company doesn't give center enough money for classrooms so if you want stuff have to use own money, they ask to much of employees and you don't get paid to match the amount of work they expect from you. They (management) won't support you if stuff goes wrong, you have to continually cover yourself. Be prepared to always be understaffed and have children bumped up or down. Last but not least , you will be pushed to your limits more then three times a week by the understaff center( people off or call out ). If you value a nice job where you will be valued this isn't it.

Here is your warning.
You will always feel like Dorothy from "The Wizard of OZ".... there is no place like home👠 😒
After Care Teacher/ Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cordova,TNJuly 28, 2015
Its like going to a free Circus.... Be prepared to not only do your job but the job of others who just want to sit around in the office and gossip all day. Tuition is over priced for something you could have taught your child at home for free PLEASE BELIEVE ME. Under supplied classrooms but very healthy management. Walk in the office to make a copy they look at you like its a sin. Management is always going out to eat together on their lunches expect the finest for them, however when it comes to the employee dinners expect the cafateria's best 🐂 💩 ... we eat what the children eat. Requesting a day off is like winning the lottery... your best bet is to request it a year in advance. There has been a lot of child abuse in this place "A LOT" if you report anything be prepared to seek employment else were because you will become the target. Managment has their favorites. When new potiential students or some one from headquarters are coming every staff member is alerted to basically put on the best show. This place has a lot of secrets and keeps a lot covered up that otherwise would have made the news and had them shut down.
Pros
Putting on your red slippers and clocking out for the day
Cons
Pay, horrible management, never any organization, good luck requesting time off
Fun place to work! Everyone is treated like family
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAJuly 22, 2015
Working for The Phoenix Schools has been the most rewarding job I have ever had! I can honestly say I look forward to Monday mornings because I work in such a bright and happy place. I love all of my coworkers and students! The most enjoyable part of my job is watching students grow and learn, and all of the love and hugs we share together!
Pros
Hour lunch break, Playing outside with children 3 times a day, Designing your own curriculum
Cons
Low pay