Phoenix Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Benefits, work conditions are good
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2018
my position has a high turn around. great benefits
learned to handle stressful work pace,
like to work with children
the fun part is interpreting spanish speakers its very rewarding
Benefits
Love my job
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 7, 2018
I enjoy working at PCH. Some departments have a 'mean' culture; however most of the employees are kind and helpful. PCH provides ongoing training and provides wonderful benefits.
Pros
working with the children
Cons
at times denied PTO
Easy Going Staff
SECRETARY II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2018
It was a very hard job as the one I had worked in the pods in the Banner hospital before they had their own freestanding facility. They rented space from Banner Sam. Working in the pods with the sick children was the hardest part of the job. If you have the desire to work in that environment, I would encourage you however it wasn't for me as it was too emotional.
Staff was so enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Celebrity Meets and Food often
Cons
Full time was 35-40 hours
CRS Fully Accounts Receivables Collector (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 12, 2018
The top management really cares and takes time to know their employees on a one on one basis. Compensation and benefits are top notch.

Giving back to the children and working towards a stress free experience with the hospital is our number one priority.

I learned there are great companies with compassion still out there you can feel proud to work for.

Not being able to wear my Phoenix Children's Hospital t-shirts at work anymore to show people we are everywhere in the community we are a proud employee that represents the hospital.
Pros
Great benefits and compensation
Cons
Holiday pay comes out of your pto.
Great environment
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 12, 2018
At Phoenix Children's Hospital, I worked as a volunteer for Health Information Management Department. I learned about the hospital's patient portal and how to properly approach and educate patients and their families about the FollowMyHealth Patient Portal. The hardest part of volunteering was approaching the families. I really enjoyed interacting with the patients and their families and educating them about the portal. It's a great place to volunteer!
Fast paced, great coworkers
Clinical Nurse II, General Nephrology/Rheumatology (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2018
fast paced with great coworkers and support staff. working collaboratively with patients and their families is rewarding. multiple opportunities for education.
Pros
coworkers, education opportunities
Fun place to work at
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 13, 2018
Enjoyable to work with children and have a different outlook on life, Kids came in for chemo and still were smiling and made me realize that my problems are nothing compared to what these children were enduring in their short life span. Phoenix Children's was always accomodating to family
You get to meet new people and work in different areas of the hospital
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2018
I would call in each day to find out what area the hospital I would, this was good because it gave me the experience in different medical fields. It also gave me an idea what field I would like to work long term and where I could make the most difference.
Pros
Tthe experience in different medical
Cons
I couldn't make any personal plans because of the schedule was unsure.
Amazing place to work, ridiculously low pay
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2018
I am incredibly proud to be a part of such an amazing hospital. Gained experience with a number of unique and difficult cases, great co-workers, facility is up to date and equipped well, wonderful to work with children and families! Many partnerships with educational organizations and offers tuition reimbursement.

The pay is dismal and not at all competitive. MANY employees here work part time and have second jobs at other hospitals to make up wages.The acute care area techs and support staff often get pulled to sub in the behavioral health area due to persistent under staffing. Raises are only given when the entire hospital performs well and profits, no individual performance or annual merit pay is given. Extra money can be made when Additional Shift Incentive (ASI pay is approved, but the high stress involved hardly makes it worth it; it is equal to other hospitals starting wages....before shift incentives.

Fantastic organization, would probably retire here if it wasn't for the comically low pay and severe staffing issues.
Pros
experience, continuing education, discounts, wonderful coworkers
Cons
Insulting low pay, understaffed, no performance raises
Compensation is not appropriate for the work
Acute Care pediatric Nurse Practitioner ER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2018
If you are looking to see a variety of pediatric health problems this is the place for you. Be prepared for a busy, stressful environment where you work independently and are not compensated for the amount of patients you see. Colleagues are great which is a bonus!
Fair
Medical Assistant/language assitant (Former Employee) –  Pediatric surgeryApril 9, 2018
Working for this company gave me the opportunity to work with alot of kids and is a fun place to work .with .
Pros
the managment
Cons
some times there is no time to take 15 min breks
Enjoyable place to work, but salary not competative.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2018
this company can improve to be competitive with other healthcare facilities in regards to paying their staff. They are not competitive. Also they need a advancement ladder for all levels .
Management Has Different Standards Than Line Staff
BHT (Former Employee) –  PhoenixMarch 29, 2018
ED clinical manager late for meetings and refuses to return voicemails. Double standards for management. If l did this then we all know what would happened. Also very disorganized. In a 80k a year position, you would think they would be a little more organized.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Double Standards For Managers.
Great Teamwork
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2018
PCH is a place where the team works together for the good of the community. Tough but rewarding work. The patients are the most rewarding part of my day.
Awesome Job
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 25, 2018
Great place to work. Good Culture. A lot of fun things there for the kids. Awesome resources. Pay could be a little better but a very rewarding place to work.
Fast Paced
Clinical Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2018
I love the work environment. Everyone is here to get a job done, and have a good time doing what we have to do, and getting it done well. Its the perfect atmosphere to be around, especially if your're trying to grow within the company.
No hours
Medical Assistant in PCMG Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2018
There are not enough hours to work for the amount of people that they have hired on. They play favorites with the people who are working the most amount of hours.
Great working environment
OR /ENDO/PACU MINOR PROCEDURE SCHEDULER & BILLER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2018
Working in the PeriOp Services was rewarding. There are so many children that require surgery and knowing that you had a part in making their lives better gave you great satisfaction. The management makes it feel like a big family. Most individuals stay with the hospital for a long time.
Excellent Hospital
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2018
I learned to be more patient in stressful environment and helped with other jobs. Overall staff where really positive and helpful, would work at the children's hospital again if the opportunity came to place
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2018
Great organization to work for but internal promotions are rare. My department has flexible schedules, which is nice but career development and advancement opportunities are non-existent. The company would rather hire from outside the organization than to promote from within.
Pros
Great mission and executives are trying to improve culture.
Cons
No career development and limited room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phoenix Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight