Phoenix Children's Hospital
69Average

Phoenix Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

United States321 reviews
A lot of turnover in rehab
This department experienced a great deal of turnover, mostly the therapists, but also the support staff. At the time, the administrator was a tyrant. She treated the therapists pretty poorly, which is why so many would leave. There were only two that had any longevity, and even that wasn't much.
Work Vibes
The work environment with phoenix children's hospital is great, safe, and welcoming vibes all around in the workplace. There are plenty of volunteer opportunities.
For the love of the children
We work here out of love and passion for doing what is best for children. Great coworkers. Work load is often too much, but no worse than what we typically see in healthcare.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Medical leadership does not stand up to the CEO
Fun workplace
This volunteer opportunity is a very good opportunity to start looking into the medical world. The work is not hard and there are many different areas of work you can choose from.
Communication within departments can be improved. Management sometimes gets preoccupied with everyday issues. Contractors, especially construction workers should be escorted.
Health Care 2.0
No one ever wants to have a child in the hospital, so when I went home after 12 hour shifts I had no a reason to complain, rarely had breaks, if you are lazy keep looking
Pros
Good learning experience, nice when you had everyone on the same team
Cons
Pay was not competitive
Captain was no leader
Captain failed miserably when given opportunity to assist team, many easy victories were passed on due to ego. Pay was low for job criteria creating a large turn over and burn out
Pros
Rewarding purpose
Cons
Top brass and selective managers create a negative culture
Fast-pace environment that focuses on the needs of the patients
Overall, it is a great place to work for the medical field and can also be a great place for expanding your career growth in other services such as being in the kitchen.
Great Company
Great hospital to start out in but departments could use some focus on training and developing staff. Great work/life balance and management is open to new ideas.
Very rewarding work
Working here is really rewarding. They are in the process of a big re-org so things are changing but you can't beat the staff or the feeling of helping the patients and families!
Pros
Friendly Staff, amazing cafeteria
Cons
Get really busy
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Phoenix Children's Hospital?
Would not work there again
Billing system is out dated it is from 1983 they are very behind the tech times, there are wrong people in wrong positions, they also waste too much time on the wrong things.. it’s almost like the right hand doesn’t know what the left is doing then it caused a problem and you have to undo everything you just did.. it is a mess.. it has the potential to be a great company but they just won’t make the changes they need rn.
This hospital medical research team is outstanding. My team although contracted I was treated well for the time I was there.
Workplace culture is caring and working for a bigger cause and that's the children. My team was respectful and thoughtful for the six-weeks I was there. The employees work very hard and paid well for the job position.
Stressful work environment
Poor teamwork, poor communication on all levels, negative environment, little to no manager involvement, lazy staff who complain a lot. There is no accountability. Lots of mistakes by pharmacy. I would never trust my child to receive drugs from the department I worked in. Little to no praise for a job well done. Very poorly organized work space. Sterile rooms were the least sterile environment I habe ever worked in.
location
Close to home, pay is great, management can use some upgrading. Flexible hours and in some positions, you can work from home. Give back to the community in so many ways.
Excellent children's hospital
PCH is an amazing place to work and truly one of the best facilities in the country. This is a facility that invests in and listens to their nurses. I greatly valued my time here and I doubt I will find another hospital like this anytime soon.
Please be more aware of when we need time off to get the help that we need to better ourselves and get our mental health back on track
They were an amazing company to work with but in my time of need. When I became sick and unable to work I was denied short term disability and time off work to my situation per Dr.‘s orders, maybe time off from work was unpaid. Then received a phone call from the human resource department stating that they no longer could hold my position because I did not have a return date back .
Flexible
The company offers flexibility and great benefits. They promote teamwork. They have and amazing wellness program that promotes healthy lifestyles with amazing incentives.
great workplace productive
Represent establishment with friendly, professional at all times.
Public Safety and Security.

Able to learn new tasks quickly and proficient in growing key customer

relationships

Strong leadership ,challenges,helping others.
One of a kind
Great place if you love working with the complex realm of pediatrics. The ER is state of the art and the staff are dedicated professionals with a passion for kids.
What an awesome place to work.
Best hospital I’ve ever worked for in over 30 years.

Very well managed organization with great growth potential. Always searching for the best talent.
Good Team Atmosphere
Good Team Atmosphere, great mission, good benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are working indirectly to improve the health of children
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phoenix Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight