Phoenix Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun and friendly place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 19, 2018
My experience at PCH was bittersweet, I enjoyed a lot of moments but the same time disliked management and my co-workers. Most were extremely rude. Especially to younger housekeepers or new hires. I worked in housekeeping which was a separate company than the hospital. In the housekeeping department there was constant drama and bullying. Management didn’t do much about any of it and some supervisors/managers were very rude. I enjoyed my time working there besides having to be in a negative workplace around rude people.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Short breaks, Rude management and co workers
Efficient and responsive
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2019
Going from a private practice to a hospital, I found the job duties decreased due to separation of duties among different departments which allowed for more focus on completing my tasks more efficiently and effectively. I have had good response from upper mnagement to my concerns and quick resolution.
Pros
Room for advancement, reasonable work load
Cons
Difficult to hire new staff/long process when in need
Amazing work experience, poor management
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2019
You will not get a better pediatric experience anywhere else in the state of AZ as you will working at PCH. The children are amazing to work with and you get to see some interesting diagnosis and treatment methods. The downfall is management is very poor and they do not value their employees..which is greatly reflected in the low pay.
Wonderful place to volunteer
Volunteer, iPad Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2018
I enjoy volunteering at PCH. I help with the iPads, and the children like being able to have one to watch movies, play games, etc. I enjoy talking to the patients, families, and staff. Everyone is very appreciative of the volunteers there.
Pros
Great place to volunteer/ Enjoy working with patients, families, and staff
Cons
Unpaid (currently volunteer)
It is a fun and an a amazing place to work
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 19, 2018
I learned how important it is to keep areas clean and I got to meet new people and got to experience new skills as an housekeeper at this hospital and the hardest part as a housekeeper is when you first start to work because it gets confusing around the hospital
I love the Hospital.
Service Support Tech, Surgery Main/Transporter (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2018
Phoenix Children's Phoenix Hospital is one of the best places I have worked. I started back in 2013. Since then I have moved from one thing to another. They love to see people grow in their career.
Pros
Greet management
Stressful
Coder II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2018
Typical day: Come in, sit down, work.
Learned: Not to associate with coworkers.
Management: On your back at all times, unless you stay very close to your manager & become a special employee.
Culture: Hospital has high turn over rate in all areas, especially business office & coding.
Hardest part: Getting supervisor/manager to 'like' you.
Most enjoyable: The children & doctors!
Pros
Treatment for the children
Cons
Favoritism from management
Awesome
Medical Assistant/ Screening Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 15, 2018
I loved working for PHC. If you have children they are very understanding, I mean I had the best boss ever. This job is a plus my boss here was awesome and they are all about doing what they can fir the people/kids and families.
Great Hospital
Manager of Supply Chain Services (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2019
Great place to work, your part of an amazing Team that helps children heal! I've learned it takes a tribe to run a hospital and everyone is willing to roll up their sleeves for the benefit of the children and their well being.
currently employed
Prior Authorization Rep (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2018
Still employed at PCH as a Prior authorization very demanding position. Good company but their is a culture not friendly toward new employees. Takes a few months for them to warm up to you.
Pros
Team Oriented
Cons
Training is not sufficient
Enjoyed the work I did
Cardiology Scheduler/Acclivity Health Care (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2018
PCH is a good company to work for, the leadership and management needs improvement, not strong at all, too much favoritism, I enjoy what I have learned to polish my skills but I want to further my career
Pros
Benefits, training classes
Cons
commute, too far
low wages compared to other facilities for same position
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2018
PCT wages were considerable lower than other facilities. At times under staffed and over worked with little or no break.

job duties clearly defined, if you have a great work ethic you will always find yourself busy and your patients well attended and nurses happy.
Pros
rewarding in environment, when working with supporting team members
Hardworking employees not often recognized
PR Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2018
PCH could do a better job recognizing great talent and thanking staff for their contributions. Employees at PCH receive more criticism than positive reinforcement. This comes from the top of the organization.
Productive and fun work place
Charge Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2018
Enjoyed my time with Phoenix Children's Hospital and most of the people I worked with. Great place to work. Recommend PCH as a reputable and fair place of employment with opportunity for growth and advancement.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
High pressure
Great Mission/IT Management has issues
Manager of Endpoint Engineering (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2018
Everyone loves the mission, the facility is amazing and when you go to work and see all those families, you know you are making a difference.

The IT management has done some great work, but it can be a bit hit or miss.
Pros
Mission
Cons
IT Leadership quality consistency
Flex schedule
Physician Revenue Cycle Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2018
Offers flex schedules and remote from home. Productivity driven sometimes unrealistic. More training needed for new employees. Provides discounts and financial assistance for families.
Pros
Salary and raises
Cons
Productivity driven sometimes unrealistic
Great place to serve our children and community.
Employee Wellness Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2018
Wonderful opportunity to serve those who serve our children. Benefits are great. Staff dedicated to innovative and best practice care for children nationwide.
Rn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2018
The CVICU is a very busy unit on the cutting edge of advanced care for the Cardiac Pediatric Patient. Transplant, Ventricular assist devices and the ECMO team are a few of advanced therapies offered.
Great environment
Motion Analysis Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 25, 2018
Everything is great and spectacular friendly environment and very rewarding in many aspects.

Really appreciate the level of health care platform which is offered here at pch.
Great hospital, poor work environment
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 30, 2018
The hospital is fantastic and the care they provide is top notch. The work however is very stressful and there was an entrenched culture that was not conducive to a good work environment and a team mentality.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phoenix Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight