Phoenix Home Care and Hospice
Happiness rating is 70 out of 100

Phoenix Home Care and Hospice Employee Reviews

I worked here for 4 months. When I got real sick due to a mental disorder they told me to take time off and get better (can’t go fainting in a clients home). 2 weeks later I got fired over an email for “ excessive absences.”No training. They throw you in the deep end of the pool. Too underpaid for some of the stuff you have to do.
Pros
Was a good foot in the door to healthcare
Compassion, Honesty, and Patience are at the center of the companies Christ-like Values. Rewarding career with many opportunities for advancement and management support. Employees are considered individually as important, valued, and treated with respect. Phoenix believes in an inverse pyramid with the idea that the CEO is at the bottom working for managers, and managers for field staff knowing that if employees are treated well, clients will given exceptional care.
Pros
Communication, Leadership, Value, Emotional- linkage
Cons
Hospice is challenging
Culture at this work place is unmatched. Laughs are often heard down the hallways and if you have any questions, they are answered immediately to the best of their ability. The learning curve is immense, and although I thought I was prepared to take on certain roles, I was not. I can truly say if it wasn't for the great people here, I would have sunk to the bottom instead of swam and exceeded my own expectations.
Pros
hour long lunch
Cons
Work load-
This company truly cares for their employees and those we care for. If you are looking for a rewarding career where you feel like family then give us a call today!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Being unable to help everyone!
I have been working at Phoenix for 3 years. The work environment is the best! It’s one big happy family! We take pride in our mission to offer new beginnings to everyone!
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Phoenix truly cares about making a difference in each person's life - whether that is the employee or the patient/client, Phoenix wants people to have the best quality of life. They are caring, available and strive to provide the best care. I have never worked with such a gifted group of people who truly care about each person they touch.
Pros
Hardworking and caring co-workers
I have worked for Phoenix home care for 6 year. Phoenix offers the opportunity to grow and advance if you are willing to work hard, learn new thing, and be open to new opportunities.
Pros
Appreciates the employees
Cons
The insurance benefit is not the best.
Phoenix is a great place to work, grow as a person, build a career, and be challenged! We are much like family and the leadership is very supportive, understanding, and goal oriented. I enjoy coming to work and feel like I've accomplished much each day when leaving.
Pros
culture, leadership, mission
I manage the in home services/Medicaid program here in the Kansas City office. I love everything about Phoenix!! Our culture is second to none and really gives each employee a chance to soar and grow! Our focus as leadership in the office is on our field staff. We are here to help them along the way. We offer flexibility in our field staff schedules and try really hard to work with every situation that comes along.
Pros
flexible, compassionate, carine
benefits
I started Working at Phoenix about a month ago, and i love it here! everyone is so friendly, and we have the best people here! everyday is never like the last day because there is always something new and exciting happening! I love that there are so many opportunities here at Phoenix!! i usually take a while to warm up to people but i felt right at home and i was myself from day 1! Phoenix for the win! i would recommend Phoenix to any and everyone!
Pros
everything!
Cons
none!
I thoroughly enjoy working at Phoenix. The management is very caring, supportive and understanding. You can maintain a good work-life balance. They also offer a variety of benefits and even offer classes to foster professional development.
I've worked for Phoenix for many years and can honestly say it is my favorite home care company. They truly live their mission statement and care greatly about their employees. It may not be the highest paying job but if you want a rewarding job then come to Phoenix.
I love the difference that we're able to make at Phoenix. Truly great opportunity to serve others! Caring for clients in the home allows healthcare professionals to deliver care 1-on-1.
Pros
Flexible scheduling.
I have worked Home Health Care for approx. 20 yrs and Phoenix is the best company I have ever worked for. I appreciate all the time and energy they put into making everyone a priority regardless of if you are a client, field staff and office staff. The encouragement and growth opportunities are amazing. Leadership makes it a point to check in and make sure you are fully equipped to do your job and that there are no changes or issues they need to address. They also make sure to acknowledge the good job/effort you put into your work and make it known that it is appreciated. They also have a culture team that keeps things fun and engaging. Celebrates and brings the company together for all sorts of holidays/activities.
Pros
Engaging culture, strong leadership, growth opportunities, supportive co-workers
I love working at Phoenix! My favorite part of working at Phoenix is the fact I get to help people get the services they need every single day! It is very rewarding hThe staff, training, and company culture is by far the best! They will definitely encourage you and give you the tools you need to succeed!
Pros
Work with some amazing people.
Cons
Phoenix is a very rewarding place to work. When we are able staff our families with Nursing, we see our kiddos grow stronger and learn new things. Sometimes the work can be hard, but at the end of the day, I feel good knowing that I am helping our kiddos live productive lives at home & stay out of the hospital. We have a workplace that is welcoming and inviting to come to each day & staff that really care about our clients. Our workplace culture is fun & we celebrate the good times together!
Pros
Free soda's, water & freshly popped popcorn each day!
Cons
We work hard and at times that can be stressful.
I am a clinical nurse supervisor. I work in the office with our intake coordinator and our director of nursing. We are back up for anything our field staff may need. The office is super laid back, everyone is friendly and helpful and I have excellent opportunities for growth with Phoenix.
Pros
Salary, work/life balance, coworkers
Cons
I love PHC because of the awesome culture, mission statement and flexibility with scheduling. They really care about their patients and employees. I love working with the clients and helping make their life a little bit easier!
Pros
flexibility
Benefits
Love the culture! I love the warm atmosphere you get while working here. All of the office staff are very helpful with any issues or questions that arise.
Fun coworkers, great management who understand the ups and downs of life! Being a parent, it is nice having a company who understands these things. Its not always easy!
This is the most unique place I have ever worked. It feels good - like a team should. It reminds me of the days when I played on a team in school. Everyone works together to take care of those in need. I like being a part of that. At the end of the day I know I made a difference in people's lives. I could work anywhere. I have a great work history. But I choose to work where I am wanted and appreciated. The learning is one of the biggest things I love. There is always an opportunity to grow. It is an important field right now - people should have the ability to stay in their own homes if they can. I like being able to help.
Pros
The feeling of making a difference.
Cons
Sometimes it is emotional - but so worth it.