Phoenix Home Care and Hospice Employee Reviews

Very poor Communication
RN Private Duty (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 16, 2018
I currently work from both the Springfield and St. Louis office's and can tell you, the communication is almost non-existent. Unless, they need something from you, you will wait at least several days for a response. I've waited a wk and a half and made several attempts to contact them before finally getting a call back. It's really frustrating.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Communication, low wages.
Not worth it
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 8, 2018
If you think getting paid $9 an hour wiping butts and being treated like a glorified maid (doing stuff not even in your job description) then this job is perfect for you! (Sarcasm). The flexibility is great though and the management team is really friendly, BUT there is a lack of communication between them and the clients in which you are always in the middle playing telephone.
Pros
not worth the pay, not enough management communication
Cons
flexibility, Nice management
Love it
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lebaono, MOMay 31, 2018
I love working for Phoenix...they work with you and their clients....I so love my team from Lebanon, MO. They are considerate of my needs and clients needs and are flexible to letting clients and employees working schedules out to each other needs as Dr. appointments...and personal times. I think this is the best since I was a candy- striper at local hospital and loved it voluntarily at age 14 I have worked many jobs as Nurse tech and certified nurse aide . This is my calling.
Understaffed
Private Duty Nurse (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 30, 2018
Company has a shortage of nurses but won’t allow more than 50 hours per week which means some clients go without all the care they are eligible for. For the most part, you make your own schedule but you have to be willing to work just about any shift. Clients are not always close to home. Many nurses drive an hour one way to get to their client. Mileage pay could be better. Hourly pay isn’t too bad.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Understaffed, overworked. Distance to client.
Unhappy with lack of hours
CNA HHA (Former Employee) –  Overland Park KansasMay 20, 2018
Very disappointed with the way private duty was ran was promised hours and then all of a sudden was taken away from me. Expected me to drive 20 miles one way and didn't get paid no travel time. Who was introduced into Home Care and hospice and the supervisors there are a spectacular. Was disappointed with not getting hours. But yet they advertise for needing CNA immediately
Pros
Two supervisors good and clients
Cons
Private duty supervisors overworked, not offered much travel pay as a private duty employee.
This company is a joke.
overnight hospice worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 4, 2018
I was contracted to help hospice patients. The company changed the guidelines with my job without telling me. How can you keep employees if you change the terms of a contract without notification?
May 7, 2018

Phoenix Home Care & Hospice has an employee-based culture company-wide. Upon hire, employees receive an in-depth training and sign a job description outlining the required duties. The Springfield Hospice Team has an extremely low employee turnover in all positions. Our Hospice job descriptions have not changed since we opened our Hospice Program in 2016. We would be happy to discuss this situation further if you would like clarification. We can be reached by phone at 417-881-7442.

It is an honor to help others in need.
CAREGIVER (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 2, 2018
I enjoy the relationships built with our clients, it is rewarding to help others in need. I assist with daily living activities, personal care and preparation of meals.
Pros
It is a rewarding job.
Cons
Clients pass away.
May 7, 2018

We appreciate you reaching out and thank you for your feedback! Feel free to reach out to us at 855-881-7442 at any time! Our mission is to offer New Beginnings and meaningful opportunities to caregivers and clinicians while providing home care services to our clients built on innovation, skill, and Christ-like values of compassion, honesty, and patience.

Poorly managed
Home Health Nurse - Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 22, 2018
Lack of communication between employees & management. Lack of communication between clients & staff. Poorly trained staff. Lack in quality of care. Difficult to Express concerns with management. Unprofessional
Pros
In home care
Cons
Lack of communication
May 7, 2018

We appreciate you reaching out. Your feedback has been submitted to the Director and Vice President for further review. Feel free to reach out to us at 855-881-7442 at any time! Our mission is to offer New Beginnings and meaningful opportunities to caregivers and clinicians while providing home care services to our clients built on innovation, skill, and Christ-like values of compassion, honesty, and patience.

Very Compliant Home Health Agency
NURSE CARE COORDINATOR/HOME HEALTH (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILApril 3, 2018
Phoenix Home Care is the most compliant and most honest employer I have ever had. The pay was not the best, but the environment was comfortable and management was always willing to accommodate employees professionally and personally. Anything I needed to do my job was provided without question. I was encouraged to take any webinar or seminar that would improve my ability to do my job better. I felt valued as an employee.
Pros
Honest management, employee support
Cons
low salary
May 7, 2018

Best Company to Work for!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 23, 2018
I have worked for Phoenix Home Care for going on 2 years! The core values and culture of Phoenix are awesome. Is my job challenging? Yes, but very rewarding! What ever you seek you will find. Phoenix is the best in the industry. I have worked for another home health company in Springfield that does not come close to the culture and teamwork that Phoenix has. Management in the company is TOP NOTCH! We have a work culture like no other. Phoenix offers ongoing training classes with a national trainer who is in high demand by many top corporations. Managers have an open door policy.

Do we work hard, yes but the rewards are big! Knowing I go to work everyday and make a difference in someone's quality of life, yeah... that's big! I love working for Phoenix Home Care.
Pros
Rewarding career
Cons
Can be hard work at times

Leadership needs more training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 21, 2018
Phoenix Home Care has the ability to be one of the best places to work. However, they continuously allow people to remain in leadership positions that have no business being there. When you walk in you are expected to know and learn the Mission Statement and Core Values however you have leaders there that have no idea what it means to actually be examples of that. It is also very evident that Phoenix is only concerned with looking as though they are the best and not actually putting in the work to be the best. If people notice that the rating on Indeed is getting too low emails are sent out asking employees to give and write a positive review with the purpose of pushing these to the bottom so people see only the good things. If you have to ask people to say something nice, that should be a sign. Instead of trying to drown out these reviews supervisors should take the time to actually read them because they pinpoint a lot of the issues there. If you are seeing a constant turnover in your field staff maybe take a look at why they are leaving and try to fix the issue, instead supervisors want to ignore the signs right in front of their eyes. One supervisor in particular sets high standards and goals for their team that they themselves cannot and have never achieved. Then when the team members do not perform well, they are chastised. How can you truly call yourself a good leader if you set your team up to fail? These same supervisors are not interested in seeing their team grow, they are only concerned about their growth and they make that very evident. Not all of the leadership  more... there is bad. I know that once this is posted your going to respond with your blanket "Mission Statement Response", let me save you some time and say don't bother. If you want to make things better sit down with those leaders that are ACTUALLY examples of your core values. Those are the ones that will take you places.  less
Pros
Taking Flight Classes
Cons
People in Leadership that either need training or need to step down
May 7, 2018

Your feedback has been submitted for further review. Feel free to reach out to us at 855-881-7442 at any time. Our mission is to offer New Beginnings and meaningful opportunities to caregivers and clinicians while providing home care services to our clients built on innovation, skill, and Christ-like values of compassion, honesty, and patience.

I Love Working Here!!
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOMarch 15, 2018
This has been the most positive, fun working environments that I've ever been apart of. I never wake up dreading to come to work each morning. Being at Phoenix feels like a 2nd home to me with coworkers that make me feel like I'm apart of their families. The work is challenging and sometimes stressful, but it always feels great to be apart of a supportive team that will help you through those challenges. The work is also fulfilling to know that you're helping and supporting patients and their families. Overall, I'm a proud representative of Phoenix and I hope that I'm afforded the opportunity to have longevity and eventually retire from here.
Pros
Positive Work Environment, Work is fulfilling, Great coworkers & Management
Cons
The work can be challenging and stressful at times

Great Work Environment With Room for Advancement
CDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MO/Lebanon, MOMarch 14, 2018
Phoenix is a great place to work and grow. They hire those that show they have what it takes to rise above and be the best in the Home Care Industry. They encourage development and refinement of skills that improve your ability to do your job but also those skills that make you a better rounded person overall. There are open opportunities for advancement available to anyone willing to put in the effort and hard work needed. You will find yourself in a position to encourage/lead others, and improve the services we provide to our clients. As a company they encourage everyone to work together for the betterment of those we serve and the company as a whole, while still recognizing individuals for their contributions. Regardless of position you feel like what you do truly makes a difference in the quality of life that our clients lead.
Pros
Great Culture, Great People, Free Soda/Popcorn Daily

Great place to work!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 14, 2018
Excellent management and wonderful environment. Phoenix really cares about the nurses and clients. They are continuously getting new referrals, so there are always cases available! I highly recommend joining Phoenix!
Pros
Flexibility and Communication
May 7, 2018

A friendly and well rounded company.
Resident Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 14, 2018
A great place to work! I see amazing teamwork in all areas. The letters of encouragement that come frequently in the mail from the owner of our company always keep me updated and mindful of the kindness he displays to us as his staff. I am proud to work for Phoenix!
Pros
Great enrichment classes

Valued and Appreciated
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 14, 2018
Phoenix has been wonderful to my family and I. The CEO of the company takes the time to get to know each and every individual no matter the title! If you get hired by Phoenix it means they see good quality in you. I have noticed they prefer not to have the quantity but the quality of employees. Making Phoenix stand out among-st the other home care companies. As for me and my family we Choose Phoenix!

* Phil (CEO) takes the time to get to know his employees and very HONEST about everything.
*Cultural classes to help every single individual!
*Supervisors are hands on and ready to help at any time.
* Support/Teamwork
* Communication
* Education
* Valuable and Valued by everyone
* Positive influence
* You have the opportunity to make changes
* They have a open door policy and are open to everyone's ideas!
* Birthday partys, life long friends and a company that appreciates you!

What more could you ask for? Being a adult can get dull and stressful but at Phoenix they help by bringing in some light and throwing in a extra hand?
Pros
Pto, Benefits, Understanding that you have a life outside of work, team work
Cons
Adulting isn't always fun but can be stressful and fast paced.
May 7, 2018

Awesome company! Great place to work!
Culture Liaison (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 14, 2018
Phoenix Home Care & Hospice is an awesome company to work for. I have been here almost 2 years and am extremely happy. Great management, fantastic company culture! I have not been this happy working for a company in a long time!

Great Culture!
Staff (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 14, 2018
Phoenix has the best culture of all the places I have been employed.
There are days where this job can be very stressful but with the right support team to help you through it, it can be a great place to work!
The hardest part of my job is the high expectations I have daily. The best part of my job is my team members who support me in reaching for the goals to get me to those expectations!
Pros
Supportive team members
Cons
stressful

Amazing Culture!
Private Duty Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOMarch 14, 2018
Phoenix Home Care and Hospice holds their culture standards to another level and helps employees live it out everyday. Everyone is always willing to help and support you with anything day to day. Working with such an amazing team is always an honor.

Supportive Team
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COMarch 13, 2018
Phoenix took a group of individuals and helped shape us into efficient and successful team. I love that when I need a helping hand all I have to do is reach out - someone will be there to lend his/her help. Management is very approachable- they are fair and understanding. They encourage and push you to reach your goals. The company as a whole strives to put its employees first which is a refreshing change of pace. I believe that is what has made us successful and why we are growing so quickly.
Pros
Family atmosphere, free popcorn
May 7, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phoenix Home Care and Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.2InHerSight Score

4.4Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

4.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight