Phoenix House of the Mid Atlantic

Phoenix House of the Mid Atlantic Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA10 reviews
The good, the clients.....the bad having to interface with other departments and working with inexperienced multi degreed counselors who are clueless.
After giving this place one year of 100% all out effort one day I had enough and walked out.The turnover is extremely high with a staff comprised of recent graduates from local universities. I was not comfortable with the roles played by interns who provide most of the individual and family counseling watching them reminded me this is not a game people will die if you don't know what you're doing. Most of the counselors are there to stamp their ticket for entry into a private practice.bottomline I wouldn't trust them with mybloveones life.
what you're doing. what you're doing
Okay rehab
I loved phoenix with my whole heart, but the amount of unethical and aw things this company did were too much to turn a blind eye to. The management is a joke, and the men’s residential is sexist as can be. Don’t try to get a promotion or be taken seriously as a female because you won’t be. The clients are the only reason I stayed as long as I did, but the constant degradation and harassment from my co-workers and and managers alike was absurd.
Human Kindness Support
Great place to work if you enjoy Human Services and want a rewarding job or career working with and in support of individuals with substance abuse disorder.
Run.... do not apply.... do not work here.
Not a good place to work. KB is a joke. Unprofessional atmosphere....... No teamwork.... there is no support between departments, favoritism.... and back stabbing.
Team Oriented
Very demanding but, team oriented. Client focused all day. Attention to detail. Time managed daily. Fast paced. Things are subject to change in the course of a day dealing with crisis driven clients.
Pros
Can be very rewarding
Cons
Burnout
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Not a career job
PH Mid Atlantic is your typical substance abuse facility. Its more like a small stop for potential clients seeking treatment. Employees are pressed everyday to meet goals of admitting clients at every point of contact with a potential client. Management direction is mote and little resources to meet these goals.

There are many adults and young adults who need treatment in this region. PH doesn't have the means or capacity to provide state of the art facilities and/or current methods to meet this epidemic nor does it have the planning in place to try to attain this effort for the future.

Employees are stressed, no team work between departments benefits are basic so trying to retain employees is a major challenge, people come and go and that is the biggest FLAG. Working with clients is rewarding knowing that they could have received better services than offered is concerning.
Pros
Great cause
Cons
All of the above. Pay, benefits, resources, managers, poor client satisfaction.
Nurses beware
The medical department has a high turnover, and it’s not because of the quality of the nurses they hire. Management in the medical department needs to be consistent with policies and procedures.
Pros
Pay for Nurses
Serious about the health and well being of the patients.
A non-profit organizations that provides substance abuse treatment for both adults and adolescents.
Phoenix House promotes and support the well being and health of those suffering with the disease of addiction. A very good place to work and learn.
Pros
Promote the health and well being of the patients
Cons
Distance to travel for anyone living North
Challenging yet nurturing work environment
excellent Internship, there was plenty of room for experience and supervision. Due to the nature of the work, client safety and confidentiality is priority number one.
Enjoy working for this company. It's very helpful in my carreer.
I really enjoy working for this company because it allows me to learn more about the Disease of Addiction.
Pros
Passion for working with the clients
Cons
No health insurance