Phoenix Packaging Employee Reviews

Pays well, poorly managed
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAAugust 12, 2018
When I worked here they allowed you to work as much overtime as you wanted. The breaks were short, two ten minute breaks and a 20 minute lunch.

Management was very poor, in the time I worked here I have four different shift managers and two different HR directors. People would be fired almost at random. One was fired for talking to loud on the floor, keep in mind you needed hearing protection to work on the floor and the noise was still very loud.
Pros
good pay, lots of overtime
Cons
short breaks, bad management
it was okay
Assembly line operator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAJuly 8, 2018
it was a job that i needed very much at the time and was glad to have gotten it. it can be tough and the shifts are 12hrs of pretty much being a human robot and its hot and loud
Pros
hours
Cons
horribly repetitive work for 12 hours
Poor Management
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAMay 23, 2018
Management was cut throat
Human Resources is a joke
Workers on floor are not heard. If you work hard it doesn’t matter.
You have to be in their clique to be promoted.
productive place of employment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VA 24084April 8, 2018
i really did enjoy this job and i would love to be able to go back again one day if they are hiring again. i met some really great people while working there and most of them im still in touch with today.
Cons
management / hr reason
Good people to be around.
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAJanuary 26, 2018
At first it was stressful but when I got the hang of it my confidence started building up. I was making good money and i met a lot of people who taught me things. It gave me more skills since my previous job was fast food. the management was ok some supervisors where better than others. The most enjoyable part of the job was the k cup machine it kept me going. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hour shifts.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Very stressful work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAJanuary 23, 2018
Very poor management. And your job can be gone the next day with no warning. Used to be a great place to work but now I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Short breaks, don't care about employers, lack of communication
Very good coworkers. Great benefits
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAJanuary 8, 2018
A typical day was a good day. I had really good coworkers that I would really like to work with again. The benefits are wonderful. The schedule really worked well for me.
Pros
healthcare
Its ok
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAJanuary 4, 2018
It's an ok place to work I just don't work well at a factor. I'm starting a full work load of collage classes and dont feel i will be able to handle working the hours required
poor management , too much turn over , poor work conditions, and unsafe operations
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VANovember 9, 2017
Poor Management , long hours , lots of turnover unable to have workforce cross trained to best operate production,Unsafe work procedures. Company had great potential as a new start up company ,but did not take measures to build strong management and skilled workforce , would never be able to operate efficiently with untrained understaffed workforce.
Pros
15 day a month schedule
Cons
12hr, work days with mandatory overtime on scheduled days off
Terrible place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VASeptember 15, 2017
I would never recommend anyone to work here. The place has poor management and it is hard to get time off without getting into trouble. The pay is good.
Bad Place to work
Machine Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin, VAAugust 17, 2017
Very Poor Management does not understand the field of machining constant battle for supplies and support. Never fully gave me rights to hire and fire employees so I could not improve the facility. A loosing battle at a foreign ran company. I was mostly used as a fall guy to blame mistakes on. And was never allowed to correct the mistakes. Contact my references they will explain.
Pros
Good Benifites
Cons
Bad Management
Production
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAJuly 7, 2017
They only work 12 hour shifts. You have to schedule your life around work and never have time to do anything. Management is unprofessional but the job itself is not bad. Very poor communication
Wonderful place to work
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAJune 13, 2017
This is the most amazing place I have ever worked. Everybody worked together as a team. If you had questions or become frustrated they would try to ease your mind. Training was outstanding.
Pros
2 days on 3 off
Cons
Great.pay
Fast paced job with good people
Inspector and Hand Packager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAJune 12, 2017
Go into work and inspect products while while maintaining a clean work area. The environment is extremely cramped until it's your turn to inspect, which each person does an hour at a time.
Pros
Go people to work with
Cons
Cramped space, breaks seem far and in between, machines constantly breakdown
Poor place to work
Floor Lead/ Supervisor/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Dublin, VAMay 3, 2017
Don't recommend anyone to work here very poor management. This company does not care about their employees. They usually don't hire on their temps after 90 days.
Good schedule and insurance
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAFebruary 5, 2017
Good schedule and insurance. Most people were friendly and helpful. The schedule worked was practically 6 months out of the year. Opportunity for growth.
Best Worse Company
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Dublin, VADecember 22, 2016
The company idea itself is not bad. Good benefits and pay. However, very unorganized and unstructured. Management care very little about their employees. Job culture is horrible. Advancement in the company if they like you. Otherwise no matter how hard you work and prove yourself you will still not move up.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Management and Unorganized.
die cutting and printing
Die Cutter Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2016
slow upstart company..i enjoyed all the people and management .New equipment that was challenging and fun to learn .I learned a lot about how to fix and maintain the equipment for maximum productivity.
Horrible Management
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Dublin vaApril 18, 2016
Great hours. Low pay. Working conditions were Pretty bad. Grease and bugs would constantly get into the product only to be told after alerting management that it was simply extra nutrients for the consumer. They also had no idea what they were doing most of the time. Dayshift supervisor was promoted from maintenance simply because he could speak spanish and english fluently despite his lack of experience in management. Coworkers made the job half way okay.
Pros
coworkers.
Cons
2 15 + 20 min breaks for 12 hours
Terrible Management and High Turnover
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VANovember 8, 2015
Dublin Office has too many HR members. The most unorganized companies by far I have witnessed. They have hired and fired thousands of workers since opening in 2011 due to their constant changing of policies. They are unethical, provide low pay, and if you are injured on the job they refuse to pay for injuries.
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
everything else