Phoenix Senior Living logo

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Showing all 51 reviews.

this place sucks unless you want to have an excuse not to work

Employees here are rude and have an attitudes every single day. they never do their job correctly and i would never leave any of my family members in their care. they are horrible disrespectful people and as someone who works here i want to quit everyday because of awful these people treat me.

One of the worst facilities I have ever worked in.

The staff on the floor talk about each other all day everyday. Staff argue out loud in front of the residents and management is so lax and they care nothing about what the family feels or has to say. MANAGEMENT IS TERRIBLE!! And the front desk clerk needs to go!! They have no empathy for the residents or the staff and if the company were to get all new management and CNA's because the CNA's do NOTHING anyway, I'd go back to work there because I did love my residents.

Cons

Working here was the worst!

Management isn’t helpful in anyway. They sit around talking bad about employees and residents and their families all day. They won’t explain to you how to do things and get mad when you ask for help. They will let you do as much of their job for them as they can while they leave work for leisure activities. They can’t keep people and wonder why!

Excellent opportunity for growth and development!

This company has provided me with excellent growth opportunity and the resources to further my career. I love going to work every day knowing that I will make a difference!

Pros

Excellent benefits and promoting from within

Cons

Can't think of any!

Do not work here

Everything about it was terrible just to make it I've work about 15 hours a day. The management is a joke it's like a busted ladder missing parts and unstable. Miscommunication, rude directors, kitchen staff was cool but turn over rate is insane.

Pros

Had more than 2 days off

Cons

Everything else

March 26, 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Phoenix Senior Living prides itself in being a great place to work, and we value feedback from all our associates, both positive and negative. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience. Please email your contact information to info@phoenixsrliving.com, and a member of our leadership team will reach out to you to discuss further. Thank you in advance.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Non productive workplace

This is the most unorganized establishment I have ever worked. The management is horrible. The job is like a pre school. They fight each other and has no respect for the Residents.They hire anyone. No experience No Passion and No Patience. This is far the worst place I’ve ever worked.

Pros

You show up and get a paycheck

Cons

Under staffed

March 26, 2021
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you had such a frustrating experience, but we truly appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. Due to the fact that we were recently voted #16 in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Top Workplaces for 2021, reading a review such as this is obviously something we don’t like to see. We are constantly trying to improve and learn from situations such as this, so if you could please email your contact information to us at info@phoenixsrliving.com, we would like a member of our leadership team to speak with you about this. Thanks again.

Growing business , great place to advance your career

Phoenix has been wonderful to me. Of course there’s some drama but management really tried to keep it down to a minimum so it doesn’t interfere with work place moral. Residents are AWESOME!

Pros

Good company moral, good compensation

Cons

High health care insurance

March 26, 2021
Thank you very much for your comment! We're very excited with the growth of Phoenix Senior Living, and we're just getting started!

The residents are the best part of this job

The housekeeping manager is a joke,sits in office most of the day and rest he is gone.He lies to employees. The residents are the best part of the job the AIDS and med techs are wonderful except for one who is very rude to everyone even the residence . The kitchen staff do a great job for not having help. I loved my job there sad to have left because of two people.

Pros

The residence

Cons

Housekeeping manager and one other

March 26, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We set a high standard for ourselves at Phoenix Senior Living, and we are very sorry to hear that your experience with our organization did not meet your expectations. We would like to learn more about your negative experience. At your convenience, please feel free to reach out to us at info@phoenixsrliving.com so that a member of our leadership team can contact you to discuss this further. Thanks again.

Introduced Covid into community without discussion with ED

Covid introduced into community without consideration of management at the community. Was forced to leave due to my at risk situation. Had continued pressure to fill building Constant conference calls and no time to work with staff and families

Pros

Pretty building

Cons

Excessive work schedule

March 26, 2021
Thank you for letting us know about these issues. We would like the opportunity to talk to you and learn more about your comments. When you get a moment, please feel free to email your contact information to info@phoenixsrliving.com, so that a member of our leadership can reach out to you. Thank you again.

awful

i liked the job so much at first but then a few weeks into it i realized that the staff lowkey didn't care about the residents and shady stuff would go on. the people in charge hardly knew how to run this place causing everything else to fall out of place. best part about this job was the residents, they were so sweet and i wish i could have stayed here because i know the current staff won't treat them as fair.

Pros

the residents are sweet

Cons

everything else

March 26, 2021
Although this is not the type of review we like to see about our company, we want to thank you for sharing your concerns. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not positive. If at all possible, we would like the opportunity to talk with you and investigate your feedback further. When you get a moment, please email your contact information to info@phoenixsrliving.com, and a member of our leadership will reach out to you as soon as possible. Thanks again.

Jobs at Phoenix Senior Living

See more jobs

Don’t waste your time!!!!

If you have a good heart I wouldn’t suggest this place AT ALL. The executive director is one of the worse people you will ever meet. She thinks she can walk around with her and say any and everything to the employees and expect them not to say anything back. They won’t come out of their offices to come and help on the floor even knowing that the staffing is short. They have their picks of who likes the run back and tell on others and the ones that do do their job don’t get any recognition. I don’t see any good happening there as long as they have that ED there. Just her being there makes you not want to come to work.

March 26, 2021
We strive to deliver a great experience for our associates, and we are very disappointed when we do not meet expectations. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention, and please know that we will use the feedback to make us better. We strive to provide the best for our associates by learning more from experiences such as this. That said, we would truly appreciate it if you would send us your contact information at info@phoenixsrliving.com so that a member of our leadership team can contact you. Thank you.

Worst work atmosphere

I would first like to say how lovely the residents are at this facility, my co workers are fantastic. I feel like the caregivers for the most part truly care for the residents. This community is beautiful and has a lot of potential.With that being said, this was absolutely the worst work environment I’ve ever been exposed to. The hostility does not come from your fellow co workers but from management. They are very belittling, rude and operate in a clique. I felt like I worked in an adult highschool. I really feel like in this line of work you MUST have a good heart that cares for other people. Especially the residents. I witnessed a lot of bad things occur and instead of having the ability to go to management to have them addressed they were more concerned with covering their butts so they wouldn’t get in trouble for the neglectful atmosphere they at time created. I know there is high turn over at any facility. However, I am positive the turn over rate at the Phoenix at lake joy could be minimized if there was a different ED. I often leave my shift crying, feeling overwhelmed and disrespected. I have come to management about situations that no worker should encounter, inappropriate comments made by other employees, uncomfortable situations etc etc. and not only was nothing done. Hateful “jokes” were made to me. We are so understaffed due to their behavior and it just isn’t clicking that they are the problem. No one wants to work for what we get paid and be treated poorly and over worked. I could handle the pay and the extra hours. The way I’m treated and how disrespected, -

Pros

Sweet residents

Cons

Horrible management

Typical Entry Level Job

Mediocrity. The women talk all day and are lazy. The poor residents do not get the attention they need. The managers are idiots. They are always running out of supplies.

Pros

A would not call them pros at what they do

Cons

Yes they are cons in a sense

Worst place high turn over..look at reviews...

This place is really bad people that run it are horrible they .. are two faced, I have known resident families that are not happy at this place, especially during covid . They have used this time to under staff and give less care, because families were not allowed to visit as usual. Worst place to work

Pros

Cons

People that run it

Phoenix senior living gaffney sc

WORST PLACE TO WORK FOR!!!! Management is awful. Due to new executive director she has managed to run off employees that have been at the facility for years. Very short staffed and management does not care at all they will overwork you before they step foot on the floor to help!!!!

Poor management

DON'T WORK HERE!!!!! Management is horrible. Staff are all on a power trip. To much drama, very worthless bunch of girls that don't want to work, they are only there for a paycheck. You go to management to make a complaint about staff being abusive and neglectful towards residents and you end up being a target. They find ways to fire you.

Pros

residents

Cons

management, staff

Ppp]

At the beginning everything was fine and going well. Then all of a sudden things started going left field and things started falling apart and staff was dropping like flies

Pros

Being there for the residents

Cons

Workers are not valued or appreciated, overworker and underpaid

The management has went downhill since undergoing a new Corporate. Many things have changed and the company does not seem to care for its staff as it used to.

Management is horrible, unqualified, and juvenile!

Do NOT work here! The current “Management” team is a joke. You feel like you are working for 6th graders! I have never worked in such an unprofessional environment. Never enough staff working, never enough money to pay bills, and the residents are not adequately taken care of. Beautiful exterior to show off, but dirty individuals running the show. Pray for the residents!!

Horrible

Not only do NONE of the management has any experience in skilled care for elders/memory care, they are rude and demeaning. They constantly schedule you for 7-8 days in a row, they never listen to suggestions from staff until a family member says something about it, they constantly play favorites, ignore and demean residents sometimes in front of them, horrible bosses, and don’t careabout residents until state shows up. Plus they have an incredibly HIGH staff turnover

A happy employee

I use to work for them as a caregiver i miss my clients and some of my co workers that was my dream job i love working for older people you learn alot and i have applied for them again i hope they rehire me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phoenix Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4