Phoenix Senior Living Employee Reviews

Poor facility
Care giver (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 13, 2019
Med techs are sloppy and care less would never put someone I care for under their care. Beautiful facility its self most care givers are either there for a pay check and work with no compassion.
Worst company I have ever work for
Resident Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLSeptember 22, 2019
Worst company to work for is the absolute worst. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME dont care about employees , all false promises took over the ALF where I worked at never saw them again place became a disaster after that. With everyone acting like they in charge. The real managers too busy or lazy to care .
Fast growth and tremendous opportunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2019
PSL is a family owned and operated business with outstanding financial support from outside resources. The goal at PSL is to promote from within and support the team members and all of their needs.
The company totally supports the associates and does their best to meet the needs.
Pros
Great opportunity and focus is on the associates
Cons
staffing challenges in some markets.
Management is horrible!!!!!!!
CNA/RCA (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 5, 2019
The management at this facility consists of two best friends one which was the ED and the other was the Wellness Director. They do not have any compassion for the staff they often employ their own family members and pay them top wages to do the same job other employees do but for more pay. The Wellness Director son worked in
Iinnm housekeeping making more than the RCA's
Poor
Rca (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 11, 2019
Drama and people dont show up for their shift . Managers didn't care and kept them there. Half the time patients were not managed correctly . Some patients consist of more
Keeping Management in the community.
Med Tech/CNA (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJune 29, 2019
Management did not stay around long in that building. It was under staff a lot. No respect for each other when it came to all employees. Washers and dryers always broken. Too many residents in that community that shouldn’t have never been accepted. I’m talking about with behavior problems.
Great atmosphere! Loving environment!
Resident Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartsville, SCJune 1, 2019
This job is more than a job. People truly care about each other and really care for the people who live there. It is a blessing to see people who you care for light up when you are around. I read other review and disagree. Some people just want to complain. Other floor staff and Management will (And has) pitched in to help me whenever I have needed it.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
When people call out
Poor culture and leadership
WELLNESS DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 22, 2019
All of Phoenix has a high turnover rate, which is the first red flag. Addington at the Mills is an old rundown building with roaches and leaky roof and less than half of the perks they advertise to the residents and families. The good staff tolerate it because of the love for the residents. This company has a culture of sneakyness, evesdropping and outright lying. The employees are poorly trained and run amuck. The short staffing is consistent and a direct result of management's decision to save a buck. Poor pay in comparison to ALFs within walking distance. Not a place I will ever suggest.
Pros
Cons
Pay, benefits, building condition, staff or lack there of and managment
Stressful, No work/Life balance, Unfair, Corrupted
Family Experience Director (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 10, 2019
This company has a lot of learning to do, their main focus is money, save it at all cost, I feel New company’s should try and build a great reputation when starting out by doing what’s right, These people just don’t care at all if your short staffed, over worked, burnt out, do not have the tools/ equipment you need to care for residents it’s just awful and most of the Management team in under qualified for their roles, The reason the company put these people in those roles with no experience, no training and no background in these roles is to give them a cheaper salary but work the life right out of them overall just overly stressful & mismanaged!
Pros
Nice Staff members
Cons
Short staff, unable to care for residents properly, low salary, incompetent mamagment
Hartsville South Carolina
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCMay 6, 2019
Management, marketing and hr managers are terribly rude.. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work there, nurses, med techs, and Rcas have to wash dishes and take on other duties that their not suppose to, Hr manager is rude to employees and residents
Pros
Ok benefits
Cons
Short breaks, rude and unprofessional management
Love the residents, hate the staff
Resident Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAMay 3, 2019
Don’t get me wrong. The residents are amazing, it’s the staff for this review. Everybody has their own clique here, and they tell you to always ask for help if you need it. When you do ask for help the med techs or other staff like to catch attitudes. The staff also likes to talk about you when they think you aren’t around and smile in your face. The workplace environment is very messy and full of drama. Been working here for 3 weeks and I wanted to quit already because of the staff
Pros
Resident are sweet as pie
Cons
Staff love drama
Bad place to work
RCA (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMarch 16, 2019
The residents there are adorable but it’s a shame for the unexplained bruises not to mention the lies told to employees RCA MAKE MORE THEN MEDTECHS . Absolutely no coverage no teamwork at all. I feel for the residents and if their families knew the real deal they would take their families else where.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Poor management high turn over and liars
Bad place, bad management and poor corporate
must (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2019
If they ask you to apply, say no thank you and I'm happy at my current position. This place gives you empty promises and does not care about their employees just metrics.
Pros
Cons
the whole organization
PSL is THE employer of choice
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAFebruary 12, 2019
A million and one words I could say about this company, but I will sum it up by saying this - I am truly blessed to be a part of something so incredible.
From the CEO of the company, to the community level employees, PSL has so much heart. Our corporate team cares about what they do on a daily basis, and that is just one of the hundred things that sets us miles apart from any other senior living company out there.
Pros
Amazing management, opportunities for advancement. I could go on for days.
Cons
N/a
It use to be nice
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pearl at watkinsFebruary 7, 2019
We had a great ED, now she’s gone and nothin gets fixed
The new nurse does not help us and lies
When that lady Kara come, she talks bad about managers
Pros
I getpaid
Official response from Phoenix Senior Living
February 12, 2019

The Pearl at Watkins Centre is pleased with the fact we have an experienced Executive Director leading the community. We are moving the community forward as we prepare for our new Executive Director to join the team on March 15th, who is also an experienced Executive Director who meets the high standards for Phoenix Senior Living. We are pleased that our family feedback continues to be strong. We do hope you would embrace our open door policy and discuss your concerns in person.

Stressful working environment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 14, 2019
Less like an Assisted Living facility, and more like a nursing home. Many bed bound residents that require use of a lift and extensive assistance. Very many residents in wheelchairs who can not propel themselves. RCA’s are always short handed. There are about 50 dementia residents divided between 2 nurses. Sometimes the nurse has to work alone. Benefits are terrible. Insurance is expensive. You will not get 40 hours per week, even if you wanted to. The pay is low compared to amount of work you have to do.
Pros
Staff is friendly.
Cons
Terrible benefits and low pay
Stress and low pay
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 1, 2018
If your looking for a part time job until you find better this a good company. You will be offered proverty level wages for the area. So you want be able to afford 3x the rent. Management changes a lot. So does caregivers. Your expected to do a lot for low wages and insurance is very expensive. If you decide on full time you want see 80 hrs or overtime. Also you are not paid based on experience. Working short is the norm.
Pros
It’s a check
Cons
Very low pay.
Growing and personable organization
Programming and Outreach Director (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 28, 2018
I have the best job ever. I get to build relationships with seniors that are meaningful and genuine. We have a tremendous amount of fun making memories and exploring all the wonders that life has to offer. Working along side a group of managers that have teamwork and the drive to ensure the community is proving the best environment and culture to the staff, residents and families makes coming to work a pleasure.
Pros
Providing meaningful connections
Cons
Would love lower costing health insurance
Advancement opportunities
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 14, 2018
Awesome place to work, advancement opportunities. Loving environment. Team building is what we focused mainly on, in order to help the associates understand how important their roles are
Phoniex
Resident Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJuly 28, 2017
I love working here with the residents. The business office staff is great. There is a lack of communication through employees and managers. They also lack the drive too work together as a team
Cons
No teamwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phoenix Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5