Photogenic Inc. Employee Reviews

I enjoy working with the crew
Photographer/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 13, 2018
All I got to say is u don't have another job, u will not be able to make ends meet. Im seeking another job already. I do agree this job is for a student.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Best place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Simeon, CAOctober 11, 2018
I loved where i worked for this company! Everyone was so welcoming, my boss was amazing at working with people to get the scheduke they wanted. Great atmosphere! You arent pressured right away to make sales.
For students
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2018
Nice summer job for college students. Very fasted paced, but you often worked with a team. The different venues were nice and the company perks were great.
Seriously if I were to be too honest about my experience you wouldn't apply for this job (in Boston)
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 25, 2018
This job has NOTHING to do with photography at all; just like you pass by some tourists and they hand you their phone and ask if you can take their photo.
The job is not hard and customers are sometimes rude and that was ok but it was the environment of the work place made me stress out. It doesn't matter that you try your best to convince the customers, you will still be roasted by the managers if you take only a few photos, same thing goes with selling. I find this very irrelevant and should be understandable because everyone has their own camera nowadays. And this is a kid/teenage job; it's not that serious, all I asked for was comprehension.
All of the venue offices are tiny and the city manager needs to do more work beside watching Youtube vlogs and looking up for concert tickets in the office.
Also if you decide to work here, don't be afraid to speak up to the managers if you believe that you have reasonable opinions because some of them may know and decide who they can or cannot be sassy to.
Pros
I find some friends there, 30% discount on food (in the MOS venue)
Cons
(unpaid) short break
Fun place
Customer Service/Photographer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2018
Typical day was taking pictures of the customers., I learned how to communicate with all walks of life. The hardest part was crowd control. The most enjoyable was seeing celebrities.
Pros
Funny work
Cons
Young managers
It's like working with family.
Photographer/cashier/ opener and closer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 22, 2018
Photogenic is a great environment. The only thing that could make photogenic better is steady hours. They also could have more team meetings and outings for employees.
Its was good in the beginning
Sales Photographer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2018
Tension was very high, manager and assistant manager had favorites, too many rumors were spread around. The job was fun at the beginning but once summer rolled around and the ledge team got fired, it all went downhill.
Pros
some great coworkers
Cons
extremely poor management
Useless co-workers & managers
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 31, 2018
The managers here at Boston, MA played favoritism. Like WTF 90% of the co-workers are all high school kids. They let the hard workers do everything while the terrible one relax and chill inside the office chit chat. These co-workers (kids) were still clocked in and they could of have them to do the sunset cruise. All these managers look like a grownup, but act like ding dong kids. The supervisors are no help. They are lack of training. The managers are bad with the schedule. They don't know where to put you. This job is not worth my time.
Okay job for college students
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 21, 2018
It is a fun environment but could get hectic sometimes. Cool co-workers and managers. And if you like to being outside, talking to people then you mind enjoy working for Photogenic.
Pros
A lot of hours are offered, flexible schedule, fast paced environment
Cons
a little bit stressful, management, on your feet
Decent, if not Stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  virginaJuly 16, 2018
Love my manager and regional manager, hate the CEO.

Fast paced, fun a lot of the time, and easy to advance if you are dedicated and good at the job.

They train you with everything that you need to know, and the people working there usually get along very well.

It can be a bit stressful at times due to the sheer volume of people seen and helped, but it is something that you get used to quickly.
Pros
Great People, Free photos occasionally, fast paced environment
Cons
a bit stressful, easy to get overwhelmed during busy season
fun place to work and meet people all around the world.
Photogenic Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 16, 2018
A typical day at photogenic is extremely busy with long line and wait time. photogenic is a unique business, it very fun environment and its what you make it.
I love this company
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2018
This is a great company to work with overall. The ONLY reason I left was because I'm a single mom and I wasn't making enough to afford my single mom lifestyle. This company took over my old photo company at my old venue in Virginia. Right away, they made me a supervisor. I wanted to grow within the company so I was seeking managerial opportunity elsewhere which landed me in Arizona as an Assistant manager which came with great benefits and better pay. The job can be stressful at times, but we had a great staff that made work not seem as bad.
Pros
Great overall
Cons
None.
Just Terrible Managment - Complete Scatterbrain
All (Former Employee) –  ZooMay 16, 2018
Terrible Management. Completely scatterbrained and couldn't remember anyone's scheduling needs or perhaps she choose to ignore them. Job was threatened if you were sick and couldn't find a cover even during flu season. Extreme working conditions and nothing was done to ease the stress. Other areas had AC units for the extreme heat in summer and heaters for the winter. We weren't allowed to wear a jacket unless we spend 40$ to buy one with the company logo or share stinky jackets they have there for everyone. Just terrible.
Fun for one summer
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2018
Not much room for advancement since its all based on favoritism. Jobs great for one year but very repetitive and no benefits. Pay and hours can be great but only if you never want to leave that place.
Photogenic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2018
•Processed cash, debit and credit card transactions

•Provided friendly, courteous and efficient service

•Assisted customers with photo development and inquires
I Loved my job
Sales Associate, Photographer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 14, 2018
There are going to be some slow days during the seasons that don't get a lot of tourists. But the seasons they do it can be very stressful to those that cant handle dealing with a lot of people at one time. you have to know how to handle any kind of situation that comes to you or you could very quickly lose control. I had a great time meeting and interesting people, but there are always going to be those customers that aren't so nice.
Worst job
Photographer and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 6, 2018
I see a lot of people quit and even walk off during summer time. This is why there are too few staff members here and no new hire. Since the managers are just waiting for the slow season to come and stick with their current employees. Problem with this job are there is no breaks if you are working with two people and the managers don't care, female manager give you an attitude if her personal life is terrible, lack of training, and can't call in sick. No wonder this job is AWFUL.
Not the best people
Photographer and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 28, 2018
Some of the people I work with are awesome while some are ignorant and jerks. Only one supervisor that worked at BHC always talk trash about the female manager behind her back and the other supervisor who worked at PRU, he yelled at the employees for no reason just to gain control of us. He shouted at me for asking a question to the duck people, WTF?!!! With these type of people, I wouldn't work here.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Fake friendly employees
Great company to grow with!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2018
Photogenic, unlike a lot of retail jobs, actually still has room in the company for growth! With hard work and dedication, there are many oppurtunities to be promoted within.
Pros
Plenty of hours are offered during the busy season. Different venues means a change of scenery, which can be healthy for anyone working long hours in one location.
Cons
For some employees, it is only seasonal, which is also actually perfect for college students!
The day flew by
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2018
I worked at bhc most of the time. a lot of people didn't like it because it was the busiest but my shift was over before i knew it. never a dull moment. honestly the actual job was easy it was always busy though. the manager was really chill and she would come out and help instead of holing up in the office like most people would do.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Photogenic Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight