Photogenic Inc. Employee Reviews

Full of useless workers.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 4, 2018
The managers here at Boston, MA played favoritism. Like WTF 90% of the co-workers are all high school kids. They let the hard workers do everything while the terrible one relax and chill inside the office chit chat. These co-workers (kids) were still clocked in and they could've have them to do the sunset cruise. All these managers look like a grownup, but act like ding dong kids. The supervisors are no help. They are lack of training. This job is not worth my time.
I love this company
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2018
This is a great company to work with overall. The ONLY reason I left was because I'm a single mom and I wasn't making enough to afford my single mom lifestyle. This company took over my old photo company at my old venue in Virginia. Right away, they made me a supervisor. I wanted to grow within the company so I was seeking managerial opportunity elsewhere which landed me in Arizona as an Assistant manager which came with great benefits and better pay. The job can be stressful at times, but we had a great staff that made work not seem as bad.
Pros
Great overall
Cons
None.
Just Terrible Managment - Complete Scatterbrain
All (Former Employee) –  ZooMay 16, 2018
Terrible Management. Completely scatterbrained and couldn't remember anyone's scheduling needs or perhaps she choose to ignore them. Job was threatened if you were sick and couldn't find a cover even during flu season. Extreme working conditions and nothing was done to ease the stress. Other areas had AC units for the extreme heat in summer and heaters for the winter. We weren't allowed to wear a jacket unless we spend 40$ to buy one with the company logo or share stinky jackets they have there for everyone. Just terrible.
Fun for one summer
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2018
Not much room for advancement since its all based on favoritism. Jobs great for one year but very repetitive and no benefits. Pay and hours can be great but only if you never want to leave that place.
Photogenic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2018
•Processed cash, debit and credit card transactions

•Provided friendly, courteous and efficient service

•Assisted customers with photo development and inquires
I Loved my job
Sales Associate, Photographer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 14, 2018
There are going to be some slow days during the seasons that don't get a lot of tourists. But the seasons they do it can be very stressful to those that cant handle dealing with a lot of people at one time. you have to know how to handle any kind of situation that comes to you or you could very quickly lose control. I had a great time meeting and interesting people, but there are always going to be those customers that aren't so nice.
Worst job
Photographer and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 6, 2018
I see a lot of people quit and even walk off during summer time. This is why there are too few staff members here and no new hire. Since the managers are just waiting for the slow season to come and stick with their current employees. Problem with this job are there is no breaks if you are working with two people and the managers don't care, female manager give you an attitude if her personal life is terrible, lack of training, and can't call in sick. No wonder this job is AWFUL.
Not the best people
Photographer and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 28, 2018
Some of the people I work with are awesome while some are ignorant and jerks. Only one supervisor that worked at BHC always talk trash about the female manager behind her back and the other supervisor who worked at PRU, he yelled at the employees for no reason just to gain control of us. He shouted at me for asking a question to the duck people, WTF?!!! With these type of people, I wouldn't work here.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Fake friendly employees
Great company to grow with!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2018
Photogenic, unlike a lot of retail jobs, actually still has room in the company for growth! With hard work and dedication, there are many oppurtunities to be promoted within.
Pros
Plenty of hours are offered during the busy season. Different venues means a change of scenery, which can be healthy for anyone working long hours in one location.
Cons
For some employees, it is only seasonal, which is also actually perfect for college students!
The day flew by
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2018
I worked at bhc most of the time. a lot of people didn't like it because it was the busiest but my shift was over before i knew it. never a dull moment. honestly the actual job was easy it was always busy though. the manager was really chill and she would come out and help instead of holing up in the office like most people would do.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Busy

Want to know more about Photogenic Inc.?

Ask a question
Terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 26, 2018
Management is awful. I have never wanted to cry more than when I worked here. You cannot trust anyone and you are not paid enough for the emotional turmoil.
Pros
Cons
everything
Negative atmosphere with a even worse manager
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 19, 2018
Everything starts out great as any job would, but the longer you work there the more dull and lifeless you become. Workload starts to become very repetitive. Wages are very low and hours fluctuate between none at all and no days off. Along with that you'd have to have a manager approved excuse just to get any time off. Always short-staffed throughout the year and expected to work 6 or 7 days a week and never call out. Even worse I worked for a manager that 45 minutes into the day would show up late and in a bad mood for personal reasons beyond our knowledge, but she did come baring doughnuts 1 out of the 20 days she was late so I guess that was pro. The actual job wasn't very hard just annoying to constantly put up with amongst the complaining of the boss (about her workload). Manager would make rude/condescending comments about employees to other employees. Also, she would state opinions aloud that were sensitive topics that shouldn't be mentioned in the workplace. She would leave around or before 1pm on every single shift within the week, even though she would put herself as closing the shop. If she didn't even leave early that day it meant that I had gotten a text that morning stating that she wasn't going to come in at all despite living 10 minutes away. If you want to advance in this company I wouldn't recommend it unless you were thinking of taking her place. Which wouldn't be an impossible task because you'd already be doing the things that corporate asked her to do in the first place. Scheduling is also a huge conflict; you get put on days you can't work when you've  more... already given your availability multiple times bolded, highlighted, even color-coded. Poor, Unqualified people should not be in leadership roles. Companies would rather have someone with experience over a person that would actually make a good manager and do things with positivity and determination. Managers aren't anything without the employees and with a turnover rate this high within the last couple of months I hope they reevaluate their choices in who they let lead.  less
Pros
Doughnuts once a month
Cons
Meh job, awesome managers, but bad supervisors
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 14, 2018
Most of the supervisors here are unprofessional. Lack of trust and respect. They will talk trash about you eventually. This job will make you want to quit the first few days of working here. I don't recommend anyone applying for this company.
A mediocre place to be
Photographer, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2017
Depending on where you work, its fine. Shedd was boring, the Skydeck was stressful. Standing on your feet for 5.5+ hours is terribly taxing, especially if you have back/foot/joint problems like me.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Boring
Worst company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 11, 2017
I would not recommend anyone to work for Photogenic Inc. The location i worked for in Savannah, GA. was very unprofessional. The company lacked professionalism, their is no room for work-life balance and low pay scales. Sales associates make $9.00/hr, supervisors make $10.00/hr. No lunch breaks. Expected to work 10 hour days every weekend (friday-sunday). Management sucks! No opportunities for advancement and no benefits.. oh yeah, no paid holidays :)
Photographer and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 11, 2017
Great place to work at if the managers would act like actual adults. Fun and excited when working as a team with your staff members. Photogenic INC. would honesty hire anyone with arms and legs.
Pros
Great Teamwork with certain people
Cons
Managers act like kids
Coworkers Are Amazing .
Lead Sales Photographer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 25, 2017
It's an Outside type of job. Weather determines your day basically.
Dealing with customers and working alone is like 50/50
Being on time and communicating with your team is key.
Pros
Can enjoy tourist stuff
Cons
Demanding to be on your feet.
Never work here
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 16, 2017
Not only is the management terrible, but they don't even take their jobs seriously. Terrible people work there and I don't even know how they can call themselves people, apes have better common sense. Everybody likes drama, gossip, and chaos, cut you off the shift if they don't like you. And even so it always for the most petty reasons. Pay is bad, you don't make anything cause there's a lack of job security. Very cheap company, they don't give a care about the employees. They'd have you working out of a cardboard box for your job office if they could. Other workers like to put their load on you and pick up their slack. Don't waste your time and hard work, it's nowhere near worth it.
Fun to take photos
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2017
it was terrible place to work force. I wish i never worked here. there times i cry because i did not want to go to work. It was a cool job in the beginning but once you aren't the favorite. you get treated worse than the others.
Teachers pet to move up
Supervisor/Photographer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2017
The job was fast paced and easy. You make good money just taking photos depending on the venue you're at. Managers make the job seem hard but all you're doing is providing great customer service and taking, printing and selling photos.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Photogenic Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight