Phs Employee Reviews

Great co -.workers, physically hard work
Service driver (Former Employee) –  CardiffMay 30, 2018
The job was physically hard work but being out on the road and dealing with customers made up for it

Early starts ,early finish.

Difficult part would be learning a new area/route and being moved out of your normal area for no apparent reason

All the drivers and cleaners in the depot are brilliant and most would help you out if you asked

Having a good rapport with your regular customers
Pros
Being out on the road, meeting people, taking the van home.
Cons
Management don't have a clue
great learning experience for cna or ma
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARApril 3, 2018
it was a good experience but it was part time and the pay didn't match the workload. they didn't pay mileage or auto maintenance and the 11.00 and hour wasn't negotiable. the management was awesome though. i liked the aprn i worked for he was really nice and funny
Pros
fun people
Cons
pay is to low for work performed and no benefits
Phs
Assist in Special State (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXJanuary 2, 2018
PHS is a place that helps the elderly and families with children to pay their electric bill. I believe this is a very good service to provide the county. It was very stressful because everyone believes they deserve to have their bill paid. I worked with a group of ladies which I had never done and it was nice.
Pros
I enjoyed helping people
Cons
No benefits
Low pay
Heavy housekeeping (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 23, 2017
I think they should pay better and give us more benefits I think they be a better company if they had good benefits and a better paying and direct deposit.
Good manager
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Northbridge, MAAugust 29, 2017
PHS is subcontracted through a nursing home and is not a bad company to work for.I enjoy going to work and love my schedule. I have ample time off for family.
Pros
good company to work for
Cons
Healthcare is not affordable
Medical transport
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 15, 2017
Company is very good in pay for starting out and medium level of responsibility. Upper management relies on associates to handle multiple facets of company expectations vs applying themselves to helping and solving more areas of problems.
Pros
Easy to learn job. Pay is good.
Cons
Upper management, defined responsibility.
temp work
Material Handler/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 13, 2017
Material handling and warehouse experience. Wasn't to bad to work there. Just needed to be paid more and have job security.I liked the experience i had there.
Positive work enviroment with a polite staff
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 26, 2016
Worked for the company for 5 years. I've tried to maintain a positive attitude and productive work ethuc to provide my client with outstanding service.
About PHS
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNAugust 25, 2016
I really enjoyed this job but was looking for higher pay. The men were fairly independent as far as laundry and showering. Loved cooking for them and they loved my cooking. Had fun going on outings, assisted with medications.
Pros
Enjoyed very much working with these 3 men
Cons
Not enough pay
Great Summer Job
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at PHS very friendly people work there and the drivers are hilarious. I helped the drivers most of the time so I didn't get the opportunity to really work in the warehouse.
Bright and welcoming work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2016
The day started off with preparing yourself with the work to be completed, generous lunch break, co-workers were amazing people. The hardest part of the job is mixed schedules with other team members. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting a lot of fun and passionate people.
This is a great place to work for self starters
Coordinator @ PHS Human Subject Protections & IRB (Former Employee) –  New MexicoMay 25, 2016
A typical day at work was juggling multiple demands at one time, looking out for PHS on a daily, hourly basis. Helping multiple people, the IRB members, site personnel, etc on a daily basis. Using a PC and an icloud database and interrelating with multiple departments/organizaations that were necessary for the position.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
The organization places emphasis on growing their buildings and divisions, not on developing individual employees.
Sales executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2015
it is a good company whole sale supplier of more than 10000 house hold items in the NY,NJ,PH states of US. it was a good time working with this multi product company..
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work, room for advancement
Lead Receptionist / Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 6, 2015
I worked at PHS for 8yrs, I was able to advance fairly quickly. My managers at the time where very dedicated. The work ethic was prided around the customers and every employee felt like family. We all worked together to acheive the same goal.
Great people with a lot of knowledge
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 8, 2015
Fast pace, LONG hours, a lot of really good people, but the company is not without it's politics. Company sold and under new leadership.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
Company politics
i did this allready
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Waggaman, LAAugust 17, 2015
i filled out this report all ready.all of the info for this review is on the other review of phs.i enjoyed my time their'thats all i can put
very small company
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hasbrouck Heights, NJMarch 12, 2015
Process payroll for employee count of 2000 on bi-weekly basis

Adjust payroll to reflect any vacation, sick, or PTO time that was taken during that pay period

Assure that all of the proper taxes were taken out for exempt and non-exempt employees

Assist employees and field managers with questions regarding payroll and salary for employees

Enter new hire information manually and process weekly new hire reports

Process all background check on newly hired employees

Assist field managers in ordering supplies for locations

Provide assistance to outside agencies requiring employee verification

Provide and analyze reports using Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel

Provide tax reports from payroll that has been processed to management
friendly place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJanuary 27, 2015
get report from previous shift, get medications ready for inmates, do med pass, chart, file charts learned how to handle the difficult inmates management was friendly and helpful
Productive place to work.
Coordinator for Human Subject Protections & IRB (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 9, 2014
I have multiple projects going on at one time, studies for initial review, researchers that call in for help, work on the website, collaboration with various departments that are part of the process, identifying educational programs and materials for the IRB and researchers, etc.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
I am the sole IRB person for an eight hospital, multiclinic, multi urgent/emergent care system throughout a rural state.
This was a good contract
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityMarch 11, 2014
Built reports to design

Management always provide the information needed.

Co workers always followed the goals set to the group.

The most enjoyable was completing each assignment.
Pros
Nice environment to work.
Cons
end of contract