Phycians Medical Group /Excel MSO Employee Reviews

stressful job turned to a horrible job
N/A (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 18, 2019
When I first started working for them the environment was stressful, but the management was very helpful and supportive. Early in 2018 all of our management and a good portion of the employees were laid off and replaced by incompetent and cruel people. The new director in my department was the most unprofessional person I ever worked with. She is cruel and domineering to the employees, has no compassion at all, plays favoritism to the people she hired and has personal vendettas against some employees. she is rude and always loud and overbearing. she's a micro manager that will email you all day until a project is done. Numerous times she has yelled and berated employees on the floor in front of everyone and brought them to tears. This made it a hostile environment to work in. She is not the only director that is like that, there are two more who act the same and one is worse. This has caused massive turn over since the beginning of the year. I believe at last count there was at least 25 employees or more have quit, when I left I knew three more that were resigning. In the billing department all the employees quit, they hired a new set and within in about a year they all quit and now they are on there third group of employees. To me that indicates a problem. Some of the employees that work there are great to work with, but some of them can't be trusted. There is also one person in management that is great. the others should learn from her. There is no training for new employees, you have to learn almost everything on your own, its sink or swim. There are very little policies  more... and procedures that are written down, this why it is hard to train people. The pay was good but the medical benefits are very poor. There are very high copays. the dental and vision coverage is great. The short term disability is worthless. The 401k is also good. I believe that if they change or train their management better the company could be good again. Until then it is not a healthy place to work unless you are desperate.  less
My boss I had at the time was amazing but she no longer works there
Provider Service (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 6, 2019
The organization overall is very disorganized and the turn over rate is high. Every department seems to be stress out and the level of stress comes from upper management. Salary was okay but not good enough for the cost of living in San Jose and for the amount of work. The department I worked for in Provider Relations was relatively small. The gals I worked with were very negative and always complaining but they’re still there. My boss at that time was lovely but she quit because she knew she could do better. If you’re looking for stability this place is probably not the place to work for. Benefits were good but not the greatest . However their dental coverage beat my previous employer and Medical with a high deductible were paid for by the company - which was a plus.
This organization will be good for someone just starting in the field or gaining experience.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Disorganized and an unfriendly ceo
Nice Manager
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 20, 2018
Nice manager. It was not a place where someone was always looking over my back and mico - managing.

This was very nice as that is what I have been accustomed too in every other position I have had.
Great Medical Benifits
UM Inpatient Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 25, 2017
Great learning experience on Case Management. Work shift is typical Monday through Friday from 8-5. 40 hours a week. Coworkers are very helpful when needing extra help.
good place to get experience in UM
Utilization Management Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 11, 2014
Change of upper management several times. Company growing. Poor support from upper management for employees.