Phyle Inventory Control Specialists Employee Reviews

Rough work environment when you are there to fix a bad team
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 19, 2018
Phyle Inventory services can be a great place to work, but this would depend on your location and what is needed from you at that location. From the location I was in, there were so many problems that there was not enough time in the day and night to fix them. I would like to say I worked a healthy amount of hours, but this is far from true. During the busy season, I worked 70-100 hours a week for 2-3 weeks. I learned and utilized many ways to become efficient, but due to the number of problems that needed to be fixed, there were so many issues that required attention, that the best option was to delay most issues to another day. Also, with all the problems accumulating during the busy season, the not-so-busy season ends up requiring, a minimum, 50-80 hours a week.
Pros
Regional Managers
Cons
low pay for hours worked, software learning curve, too many problems
Great Entry Level Position But That's About It
Team Leader & Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 8, 2018
PICS was a really great place for me to get started as an employee with no prior job experience but it didn't pay well and didn't offer much in the way of advancement.

You work fairly long days but most of it is spent unpaid driving from location to location. The job takes up a lot of time without appropriate compensation.

That being said it was fun and I enjoyed working with my co workers for the most part and I certainly don't regret the time I spent there.
Pros
Active, Engaging, Entry Level
Cons
No time off, low salary/benefits
love it
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 10, 2017
i love this comapany i love the fact we travel to different cities i love the fact they work with my school schedule my boss is an amazing person to work for
Productive work environment
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJune 15, 2017
Its a professional place. That's handles everything in a control timely manner. The co workers were happy to be at work each day and the management treated everyone fairly
Pros
Time management
Cons
Communication
good job
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 11, 2017
boss has a open door policy and make it comfortable to come to him with any concerns. job can be difficult at times but the travel and work schedules in great.
Family like work environment
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 27, 2017
Management is very understanding and flexible. Co-workers became close friends but we all did hold each other accountable for getting our job done. Pay is good for a retail inventory job but doesn't go very far in supporting a family. The only real complaints I have is that starting time is extremely early, traveling all of the time can be tiring, and you never actually know for sure when you'll be home. Overall, I had an excellent time working for this company.
Pros
awesome co-workers and management
Cons
early, unpredictable hours
Very active job, fast paced
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holly, MIApril 4, 2017
Typical day consisted driving to a job site in the early am and counting all the inventory of the site and entering them into computer. Fast paced there was always customers around and we had to work around them.
Pros
Got home early and had rest of day to self
Cons
Too much exercise and lifting.
Employees were great to work with
Temporary Part Time Inventory Specialists (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2017
Typical day- very fast paced
Learned- to type without looking at keys
Management- could use a management course
Co-workers- the greatest
Hardest part of job- up & down on your knees a lot
Enjoyable part of job- Co-workers
Worst part of job- was only temporary
Pros
Indoors
Cons
Not allowing breaks during 9-12 hr days
No room for advancement
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 17, 2016
Management doesn't communicate very well. More like gossip. There's no room for advancement. I've been with the company for almost a year and I've only received a 25 cent raise, when my numbers are consistent/go above my goal. Very tedious work. The most enjoyable part of the job is going home.
No good experneince
inventory clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 2, 2016
Worked here for five months . Early morning wake ups. Staff late half the time. Supervisors in relationships with Co workers. Company is a mess.
Good part time job
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2015
Employees and management are all very nice and accommodating. Actual job duties keep you sharp, as speed and accuracy in counting are required.
Productive and fun workplace that changes each day
Inventory Auditor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 2, 2015
Jobs set up to last 3 to 7 hours per store.
You are required to work 4 foot sections and use 10-key pad and scanner to inventory product on shelves of mostly grocery stores, work methodically and accurately register SKUs and count how many of each particular SKU is present.
Management is helpful and fair in scheduling and will also drive us to far away stores.
The co-workers are nice and helpful group actually works as a team to perform full store inventory count.
The hardest part of the job is trying to figure out how many items are on the shelf, because stores tend to block facings and shelving units are tightly packed so it isn't always easy to see if there are spaces behind product.
The most enjoyable part is that once one gets good at the job, the counting gets easier, speed increases, and maybe you can get a raise.
Pros
Car-pools to jobs, different place each day
Cons
no healthcare, pay based on speed
Auditing supermarkets in the NorthEast
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Holly, MIJanuary 22, 2014
Early morning wake up, audit entire grocery stores with team in an orderly, prompt, efficient fashion. Encouraged to work fast paced. Management and workers get along well. Hardest part of job is waking up at bizarre early morning hours. Most enjoyable part of work is being able to leave every day feeling accomplished and knowing that you and your team did the best they could.
Great place to work for
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Holly, MIJune 4, 2012
Even though we meet at the crack of dawn, I enjoy the work. It is tedious work but the great thing about it is we are done working before 12pm and I have the rest of the day to myself and my family
Pros
great pay
Cons
sometimes you work a lot and sometimes not

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phyle Inventory Control Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.

Phyle Inventory Control Specialists Reviews by Location