PhysAssist Scribes, Inc. Employee Reviews

Bad Experience
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 28, 2018
I would not recommend this company to anyone. Promotions are handed out children under 30 based on popularity, not quality of work. Management expects you to work outside of normal business hours and tasks are unfairly given out with last minute deadlines. It is unorganized and stressful.
Pros
Office activities, OK benefits for a single person
Cons
Benefits for a family, management style, job expectations
Fun and Educational
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 22, 2018
I loved the atmosphere of working in the emergency department at St. Joseph's. I believe working here is a great experience for someone who wants to go into the medical field. I have learned a lot and gained rare experienced for a student in undergrad. I do not have any issues with St. Joseph's Hospital. The physicians are great and are always willing to help teach you and give you advice on medical school as well as any other life decisions.
Challenging job for healthcare workers looking to further their career
ER Medical Scribe at Memorial Hermann Hospital (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 9, 2018
Scribing was an excellent way to gain medical experience for PA school. The knowledge you obtain from following providers and learning how to chart EMR and write soap notes is something that I was extremely thankful for once I began PA school.
If you want to be a physician do this
Scribe (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOApril 26, 2018
The experience you gain is something you would only get as a physician or medical student. You are a step above other applicants and students. The pay is HORRIBLE. I choose this job over another and took over a 50% pay cut. But the experience was worth it. I had to have 3 part time jobs to pay my rent and support myself. Long days, now strict rules, and terrible pay. Management has starting making unreasonable rules and there is talk of our company being replaced within the year. you gain recommendation letters and clinical experience but you have a stressful job, some doctors are ridiculously rude, some aren't, training program is worthless, and you are expected to do overnight shifts each month.
Pros
Expierence
Cons
TERRIBLE pay, long hours
Face paced
ER Scribe (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2018
very face paced job in the ER. Some positions are available in clinics, which i recommend. Hours were very long and pay was very little for the amount of work
Overstressed and Underpaid
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMarch 27, 2018
This job was an overall very stressful experience. This took place in a hospital emergency room in 12 hour shifts working for minimum wage. It is supposed to be worth it because of the experience you can gain in the position, but I don't think it was worth it at all.
Fast-paced and fun learning enviroment
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 14, 2018
Everyday I was able to learn/observe something new in the ER. The physicians I had the privilege to work were always willing to teach and explain their reasoning for procedures/orders.
Pros
Great learning experience.
Cons
No set Lunch Break, Constant 8-12 hour work day.
Great experience
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 25, 2018
This company is wonderful in that it provides a great experiences for students seeking to gain more experiences in the medical field and establish good relationships with physicians and other members of the health care team
Great place to learn
Emergency Department Scribe (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 25, 2018
I scribed in 3 different emergency departments. It was a great place to learn for future MDs, DOs, PAs, or NPs. The work experience depended on the physician you worked with. There are good days and bad days in the ED.
Do not recommend; check glassdoor.com job reviews
ER Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 25, 2018
Unless you plan on going to medical school and need clinical hours and experience; I do not recommend the job.

Management is basically a joke; they will move up anyone to Trainer, Head Trainer, or Chief Scribe and will completely OVERLOOK those with tenure or more experience.
No team support; almost IMPOSSIBLE to get shifts covered.
You get the flu or are excessively vomiting? Too bad, still have to go in to work because there is no one to cover you.

You qualify for any discounts provided by Team Health.
I am sure others have had a great experience working for this company; however, I have not. I have found nothing but poor management skills and no job advancement.

This job is amazing if you need clinical skills as it does provide with great experience and gives you the chance to create close relationships with ED Physicians, nursing staff, hospitalists, . Also gives you a good view of what working in the ED is like and helps you get used to the environment.

You get paid overtime and do get holiday pay. But expect to work 40-50 hours a week because there is a high turn over rate for employees and a lot of time; multiple people will quit and leave several shifts open for the rest of the team to pick up.

Short turn arounds are expected. Also expect to work days and nights within the time span of 1 day off, if any.
No lunch breaks. No breaks at all. You can take breaks depending on the pace of the ED, but don't expect them.
Pros
experience for medical school, OT pay
Cons
no breaks, no lunch, no paid time off, almost never any coverage, no team support

Want to know more about PhysAssist Scribes, Inc.?

Ask a question
PhysAssist
ER Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  TXJanuary 24, 2018
PhysAssist is a great job to work if you are interested in the medical field and want a career in being a nurse, PA, NP, or physician. The experience is abundant and you can foster great relationships with some physicians.
Pros
See new cases each and everyday and foster great relationships with physicians
Cons
No breaks, Very Low Wage, High Learning Curve
great experience, not so great pay
Emergency Room Scribe/Traveling Scribe (Current Employee) –  Various locationsJanuary 17, 2018
This job is definitely more about the experience and networking potential rather than about the money. There is some opportunity for advancement, however.
Great place to work with advancement opportunities
Emergency Room Scribe (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 10, 2018
PhysAssist Scribes is definitely the best company in its field. Importance is placed on integrity, honesty, working hard, and continuous learning throughout the company, which promotes a very successful work environment. The company values not only providing the best services to its clients, but also achieving the goals of its employees.
Pros
Learn a lot about the medical field, provide an invaluable service to clients, gives you a leg up when applying for further medical education, make connections in the field
Cons
Rates of raises are slow for scribes, may feel like you are underpaid for the amount of work you do, shifts can sometimes go over the previously set time, may have difficult shift turnarounds
Good to learn medical terminology
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 27, 2017
Definitely helpful in learning all the medical terminology especially for those students who plan to go to medical school. It is fast paced and they give you plenty of hours to work.
PhysAssist
Emergency Room Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILNovember 18, 2017
Working for this company was great, however, this job is meant for individuals who enjoy quick paced environment and work well under stress. This job is mainly a stepping stone for those who wish to pursue a career in healthcare.
good for exposure only
scribe (Former Employee) –  TXNovember 3, 2017
good for clinical exposure only. no benefits whatsoever. pay is very very very subpar. company not structured well overall. On-site managers overworked and not compensated closely enough to the importance of their role/duties.
Great Experience
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INOctober 14, 2017
As a medical scribe, you follow the medical providers into the rooms and fill out from the moment they enter the ER to when they leave. Very educational and a great experience for ones wanting to be in a medical field as one learns A LOT.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Hardly help others succeed
Horrible
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 18, 2017
I would never work here again or continue, I came into this job thinking that this was going to be a great career path and this job knocked me off of healthcare for the rest of my life, I have been over worked to a point of exhaustion for money that cant even cover a bill. this company is built to destroy you.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Stressful workplace
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 30, 2017
very fast paced work environment. The company expects you to learn everything in a week and if not then you could possibly get terminated. The most enjoyable part about the job was the ER experience and watching cool procedures.
Pros
ER experience, Medical terminology
Cons
fast paced, stressful, expectations are unreasonable.
Good for pre mid students
Scribe (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2017
It's the best opportunity for pre med students looking to gain maximal clinical experience. Scribes learn a lot working in emergency departments. Highly recommanded.