PhysAssist Scribes Employee Reviews

Great Culture
Finance/Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 17, 2019
there were many things I learned at PhysAssist Scribes. One that stood out the most for me was how to be able to manage time and be precise with the work load.
Ultimately a great learning experience with medicine.
Medical Scribe/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJanuary 7, 2019
A typical day at my 9 to12 hour shifts as a scribe involved following ER physicians to see patients and documenting patients' exams, history of present illness, review of systems, diagnosis, and disposition in their charts on a computer.

I learned many medical terms as well as procedures performed by the ER physicians, ER physician assistants, and ER nurses.
Pros
Learned medical terminology. Learned how to work well in a fast-paced environment.
Cons
No breaks.
Great Learning Experience
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 2, 2019
Very fast paced and high volume atmosphere. Not enough pay for all the required job duties. Environment is very fun and friendly because of the physicians. Great opportunity to pick their brains and learn from them in their decisions to go to medical school.
Unfair compensation for the strenuous and meticulous nature of the job
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 28, 2018
I enjoyed working with PhysAssist until I realized the effort I put in was indisputably out of proportion with the pay rate. This job is very fast-paced and the doctors expect much more than scribes are equipped with during training. The training process is extremely cumbersome, often taking up 5-8 hours of the day for 2 weeks, and does not align with the reality of this job's responsibilities. The experience I gained shadowing, working alongside healthcare providers and patients, and navigating the electronic medical record were invaluable assets; however due to the neglectful management (chief scribes) and inadequate pay, I felt inclined to resign. Another factor contributing to this decision is the overly lengthy raise period; scribes must work 4 months earning minimum wage ($7.25 in Knoxville) before getting a meager raise which was around the time I burned out and decided to stop working with PhysAssist.
Pros
Healthcare experience, Networking with doctors
Cons
Short breaks or none at all (depends on doctor), Insufficient pay rate, Rude and negligent management
Poor Compensation
Scribe and position with corporate (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 11, 2018
The company underwent a merger and the presentation of this to the staff was poor. The president continued to talk about how good this is for the company. Individuals were told their jobs would not change for another 6 months. We were given lay off noticed 1 week later. I worked as a scribe and for corporate PhysAssist. Pay and compensation were always abysmal.
Pros
work from home
Cons
everything else
Good for gaining medical experience
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 25, 2018
Overall it was a job that I enjoyed however as a full time student there were working hour expectations that did not correlate with the pay provided. I gained a lot of clinical exposure and experience that is relevant for my premed track however working long over night hours does not work well with going to school. We were also very understaffed and most scribes were required to work over what their position requirements were.
Pros
medical experience
Cons
long hours, overnight hours, poor management, overworked
Working here is a job
Ops (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 20, 2018
Since this company seems to work at maximum overdrive at all times, a year here can feel equivalent to two. Depending on the department, opportunity for promotion is high. But the opportunity comes because the predecessor was burned out and quit. This place is used by most as a stepping stone to a greater career path.
Pros
We get free lunch sometimes
Cons
The ability to work from home is not based on tenure, it is purely what department you work in.
Its a good intermediary job
Scribe/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 17, 2018
Its a good intermediary job when wanting to decide if you want to pursue a career in the medical field. It gives you first hand experience on what is required of physician and nurses. As a scribe you have to manage up to 20 patient charts at the same time, which can be difficult. Little room for advancement except to trainer or administration.
Pros
first hand medical experience and knowledge
Cons
little room for advancement, low pay
RUN don't walk and don't apply
HRG (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 11, 2018
Poor Management with the top dog himself

Corporate meetings are a complete joke and you get nothing out of them, luckily I would get there early enough to get an actual seat there were always people standing or sitting on the floor.
It was okay... i guess
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 7, 2018
For the amount of work and mental/physical stress that comes with being an ED scribe I feel that they should compensate way more. They take advantage of the fact that young college students want some experience for their CV so it essentially felt like volunteering. If money isn't any issue it is otherwise a great experience for premeds and they do have opportunities for promotion. I would do it again but only in addition to other income.

Want to know more about PhysAssist Scribes?

Ask a question
PhysAssist
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 26, 2018
PhysAssist Scribes is a great opportunity to get some entry level medical experience and knowledge about different medical practices. It gives you a chance to work alongside other medical professionals and experience patients in real time while documenting for physicians in the Emergency Department
Pros
Medical Experience, Good Pay, Interactive
Cons
Can be stressful at times
scribe job
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 24, 2018
Typically responsible for preparing charts for patients, assisting physician with any uploading image pending, discharging/admitting patients by chart
Fast paced, but rewarding, environment
ER Scribe (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 22, 2018
I loved my time at PhysAssist. As a scribe it was exciting to be able to be in the room with the physician and patient, and learn various techniques and procedures. It’s imperative that, as a scribe, you take clear and concise notes, because in the ER your physician may see 5-10 patients before returning back to the desk and they’re depending on you to keep all the information straight. That in itself is the challenge but ultimately the reward as well, knowing that your notes were, in a way, part of the patient’s treatment.
Great experience
Scribe (Current Employee) –  Hudson Valley, NYAugust 21, 2018
Scribing provides great experience for those continuing education in hopes of going to medical school, PA school, or nursing school. Scribing can be stressful at times as emergency departments are busy, but the overall experience is great.
No money
Certified Training Scribe and Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 5, 2018
You will make nothing but will learn a lot! It's great only if you are set on applying to medical/nursing/physician assistant school. It's a great way to make connections for letters of rec!
Horrible
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2018
The job organization is horrible. Management does nothing, and all job duties are dumped off on lower level employees. This company as a high turn over for a reason.
Good culture and opportunities for growth
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 31, 2018
The culture is good - many positions allow the opportunity to work from home and a lot of employees in management started off as a scribe or entry level corporate position.
Pros
Culture, opportunity
Cons
High workload
Not so great management
Chief Scribe (Current Employee) –  MissouriJuly 24, 2018
The doctors that I worked with were great! However the lack of communication is very cumbersome. Upper level management is not well organized. People often do not stay with this company for very long I have noticed.
good company
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 19, 2018
This is a good company to work for. Work from home options, benefits, sick/vacation pay earned after a year. Job can be stressful at times (workload can vary and some jobs are deadline driven). They have different events for the company employees during the year. They also encourage service activities/involvement and pay for a day of philanthropy each year.
Pros
free breakfast/lunches/events on occasion, corporate summer and EOY gathering
No Real stucture
HR Reception/Office Manager Admin (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 17, 2018
There was no real structure. Experience did not matter, if you were not a college buddy of the VP you were not going to get far in the company. As the office manager I was treated like garbage. I was not even allowed to go to the bathroom with out asking and most of the time I had to wait up to 30-45 minutes to be allowed to use the restroom.
Pros
Cons
to job advancement