Physician Office Partners Employee Reviews

Micromanagement at it's best and poor leadership
Payment Posting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 25, 2018
Bad environment, micromanaged, low moral and a TON of turnover. Supervisors are not educated. They need to have a company come in and clean house!!!
Pros
Health Insurance if you are single. Family ins. is way to expensive
Cons
Where to start...Everything unless you are a team lead or higher
Great company, great people!
Refunds Department (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 31, 2018
Management really is supportive of each employees growth and development to be their best in every way. They are patient, kind, provide additional training and ongoing support and overall work as a team. I feel very fortunate to be a part of a company with a great culture, and leadership willing to assist in any way possible to ensure you are trained fully and completely for any position you are in within the company. I look forward to coming to work each and every day.
Pros
Positive and creative co workers, everyone willing to help out if needed. Great benefits and work/life balance as well!
Amazing employee driven company
Payment Poster (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 28, 2017
Working at POP has been an amazing experience. The people are great and the atmosphere is very inviting. The culture is very based around the staff and the company always ensures to give credit where it is due.
Everything that glitters isn't gold.
Charge Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 26, 2017
Poor quality of management. A very "who you know" environment what you know holds no weight. No morale amongst the employees and management could care less. Work life has no balance at this company. Worst mistake ever made was working here.
Pros
Cons
High health insurance-poor management-HR doesn't care
Company has changed and not for the better
Charge Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 18, 2017
The company has changed and not for the better. A typical day at work, is fine as long as you don't have an opinion. The culture has gone down the drain. They used to allow a bit of flex time 2 hour make up time, they have since taken this away. They promote employees with high school eduction and expect them to know how to manage/supervisor people. Don't work here.
Pros
Cons
No flex ability, no raises, low moral, owner doesn't care
Not a good company to work for
Insurance Collector (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 17, 2017
Horrible company, not a good company. Very prejudice company. Managers do not have experience needed to be in positions. It's all about who you know and if you are friends with someone in management.
Pros
nice location
Cons
POP really values their employees!
Collections (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 9, 2017
POP has such a mom and "POP" feel to it! I love coming in to work everyday and the compensation and benefits are really great too! I love that I can take a 30 minute lunch and get off 30 minutes early to see my family in the evening! Great management staff, very knowledgeable.
Pros
Schedule, Pay, Staff, Management, Coffee, Tea and Hot Chocolate :)
Great place to work!
Payment Posting Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 7, 2017
By far the best job I've had in my career of more than 12 years. The company cares about their employees and goes above and beyond to create a positive work environment (birthday snack days, gift cards, team building events, POP anniversary parties, amazing Christmas parties... just to name a few).

Physician Office Partners does a wonderful job investing in employee development and training to help with the continuous changes in the healthcare industry. There is a lot of room for advancement and growth within the company.
Pros
Great Pay, Flexible Hours, Loyal and Honest Employees, Awesome Location
Great place to work.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 6, 2017
Working here has really brought to light the correct way that a billing company should be run. There are checks and balances in place and departments for everything. Amazingly well organized. We have grown by leaps and bounds in the last year, and look forward to continue that growth in the future. There are a few things that seem outdated, such as the dress code (business casual vs the industry standard of jeans) and insurance benefits being old and outdated, I do believe that as we grow those will hopefully improve. With as much growth as we have experienced I still feel we have a very welcoming close nit family environment and the opportunities for advancement are endless. Everyone here is treated like an adult, they are very flexible with what hours you work and realize there is life outside these walls. The pay is very competitive in the marketplace, vacation days leave a bit to be desired. All in all though it is a fantastic place to be.
Pros
pay, flexible work hours
Cons
vacation days, dress code, health insurance
Good people who take their jobs seriously
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 6, 2017
POP is a solid company that strives to take care of it's employees. Hard work is rewarded with opportunity but people are also held accountable for their mistakes. Basically, a professional setting filled with people who are good at what they do and act accordingly.

Benefits are great and they go out of their way to try and work for their employees. POP has done well to maintain the small office feel in a large office setting. Sick days or time off are almost always approved and supervisors/management understands and cares that people have lives outside of work.

The people and atmosphere are amazing. Along with the current growth this is a perfect place to start- or advance a career.
Production is affected by pour leadership
Patient Collector (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 3, 2017
With the current growth rate the company has not kept up the time with correct and current training methods. The mindset "this is how we've always done the job" leaves Physician office Partners seriously behind the times.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Supervisory needs a major overhaul
Takes good care of employees
Charge Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 12, 2016
The company works hard to take good care of clients and employees.

There is not a lot of room for growth. I needed more challenging work and room to grow in my career.
Pop
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 6, 2016
This company was great when it was all about the employess. Now as it has become more corporate and communication and personal responsibility has gone out the window
Growing Company
Insurance collector and Acct Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 27, 2016
We are given a daily quota.
I've learned a lot about medical coding.
Management for the most part is relaxed and doesn't micro manage.
My coworkers are fantastic!
The hardest part of my job is problem solving with the insurance companies and figuring out what they need in order to process the claim for payment .
The most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers, they make the work day fun.
Pros
They don't micro manage
Cons
Lack of raises