Physicians Alliance of CT (PACT) Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Horrible management, lack of HR support
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTMarch 4, 2018
Hands down the worst place I have ever worked. Work distribution was far from evenly distributed. Some of the staff were bullies. Management did not support you if you went to them and expressed concern for patient care or concern for the possibility of mistakes happening due to too much work for one person while others walked around with no work to do. Very few team players unless you were part of the IN group and friends with management. I went to work to take care of patients and their needs not be friends with management
Pros
Parking
Cons
Too many to list
Awful management and cut throat staff
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJanuary 31, 2018
This place is totally the worst place to work. There is no accountability . Management is sneaky and show favoritism. If you are not IN with management you are OUT. Staff is bullied and always threatened to be FIRED!
Pros
Some nice people. But few!
Cons
No one has the workers back. Forget HR
Not a long term employment job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  CTDecember 18, 2017
I worked or this company for almost 4 years, right out of medical assistant school. I got my experience and moved on. They have a great deal of very stringent HR rules, Taking time off is always frowned upon. Its especially hard if you have small children and they become ill, as all children do. You are constantly being threatened to be written up or fired for any unplanned time off. My manager was completely hands off with no clinical experience and you are left with out guidance most of the time leaving you to yourself to make decisions on patient care. Raises are small (.25) a year no matter how much extra effort you put in. Health Care Benefits are expensive, Especially if you have a family. pay grade is way lower than other places, They will start you at less than 14.00 a hour. My pay jumped nearly 5.00 an hour with new employment.
Pros
free drug rep lunches somedays
Cons
Only 30 min for lunch
Nice office, most staff were friendly, others a bit standoffish
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTApril 13, 2017
I learned Electronic Medical Records and a new billing system. Management was ok, not superior. Hardest part of the job was always having to ask for additional work.
Pros
food
Cons
laid off as they did not clearly anticipate the concerns with opening a physician owned lab.
Busy workplace
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTNovember 14, 2016
A bit of favoritism by management. Some coworkers were not very friendly. Manager and supervisors were always very busy. Was trained by a coworker who was patient and kind. Manager always brought us goodies.
Pros
food
Cons
Felt like i was constantly being watched and scrutinized.
CKC- A Division of Phyisicans Alliance of CT
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTJanuary 26, 2016
I worked as a medical receptionist for the CT Kidney Center which is a division of PACT. I worked there a little less than a year. My typical day would be answering telephone calls for all locations (there were 4) I was the liason between all doctors and their patients. I worked closely with the Doctors, Physician Assistants and Medical Assistants. The most enjoyable part of my job was the patients. They made me stay as long as I did. The management for CKC was very good up until they hired a new office Manager in September. She walked in the door not interested in concerns or what each individual job role was. She was more concerned in other things like decorating her office space and ordering new supplies for herself. She would take frequent breaks to go smoking outside or leave to go shop at the christmas tree shops. She talked down to all of us and didn't actively pay attention when you were talking to her. The hardest part was saying goodbye. I was offered a position where I would be able to advance with my career objectives. I gave my two weeks notice and was walked out the door the very next morning. My key to the office was taken out of my personal belongings without my permission and I was locked out of the office with the door slammed in my face (literally). I received phone calls from some of the doctors who owned the practice and they were not aware of what was happening, and apologized for what had happened (Christmas Eve). I had received multiple compliments on my work throughout the time I was working there so it was a great dissappointment to know that this  more... could happen in the work place. Because I wanted to leave and had a new job lined up I did not pursue a complaint with the department of labor. Human Resources acted like they did not know what was going on but I don't believe that this woman, so new in her career, would have made such a bold move like that on her own. I don't have any faith in that company whatsoever. It is unfortunate because the Doctors who are all partners within the company are very well respected by myself and all of their patients. I have family members who have Chronic Kidney disease and now I would not recommend working at that office with that office manager, or being a patient there. They tell you after your 90 day review that you will get more money than you originally were hired for and then they find out every excuse not to give you the promised amount. It has happened to every new hire in all departments after I was hired and before. Also they do not have any room for growth.. if you apply for a medical secretary that is all you will be there, and their bonus is two weeks pay although they said it will be based on performance and incentives. The Human Resources does all the confidential information like disability leaves and FMLA. I do not trust that the information given to her is confidential. To me she seems a little too close to her office staff and does not seperate herself very well. Very nice woman though when she wants to get information out of you.  less
Pros
patient care, no holidays, no weekends
Cons
They lie about the salary, the office manager is unprofessional, the human Resource department is too close to the office staff.
Enjoyable place to work newer company a bit unstable
Human Resource Director (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTNovember 17, 2015
A typical day involves payroll, employee assessment, recruiting, administrative functions for benefits and 401K I have learned a great deal in diversity, meeting the needs of both the organization and the employee to create a cohesive work environment. I enjoy our employees and strive for excellence. The most difficult part of my job is assisting in the budget process and assuring compliance.
Pros
Assisting employees creating excellent work environment
Cons
can be hectick at times but still enjoy the position
Relaxed atmosphere, very friendly and helpful staff
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Branford, ctMay 24, 2015
Daily duties are very diverse. Relaxed atmosphere, fast paced. Management is always helpful and provide various learning tools and training.
Get along well with all my co-workers.
Learned a great amount of medical claims submission , working rejections and denials through clearing house.
Pros
close early before holidays
Cons
half hour for lunch, sometimes not long enough
Good Company
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTMarch 25, 2014
Good company to work for, salary, benefits, time off, excellent benefits.
Pros
Excellcent Benefits
Cons
New company and it requires you to be flexible in job.
Work place full of team players
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTMarch 10, 2014
A typical day of work consist of making sure patients have active insurance for upcoming procedures such as a Colonoscopy. I spend a lot of time on the phone with insurance companies, especially when claims have been denied to be paid. Everyone gets a long and it is a great work environment but I am looking for more hands on clinical work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Physicians Alliance of CT (PACT). Our community is ready to answer.

Physicians Alliance of CT (PACT) Reviews by Location