Physicians Endoscopy Employee Reviews

Stressful
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2018
Physicians Endoscopy bought our billing company and lied up front about keeping the office. The managers are insane. Employees are terrified to the point their making anonymous complaints. They fired our Human resources person, so they had to. Refused to investigate complaints without names. People are too scared to give names.
Violated every employees privacy by handing out a list of their names, positions within the company and AGES to every single employee who was leaving for the first round of layoffs.
October 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Making the decision to close the NC billing office was very difficult and was not something PE took lightly. When a company acquires another organization, there are transition activities that occur in many areas such as corporate culture, policies, benefits and management changes. With a full HR team in PA, we didn't need a local HR resource physically in NC.

All claims are investigated timely and fairly. Anonymous claims are always tricky, since we don't have the ability to appropriately circle back and close out the results with those individuals. We encouraged employees to come forward, without fear of reprisal so that we can investigate in an appropriate manner.

When we closed the office, we provided each person with a separation package to help ease the transition of unemployment or switching jobs. In that process, we followed federal regulations under the ADEA (Age Discrimination in Employment Act) and the OWBPA (Older Workers Benefit Protection Act), which includes releasing a list of position titles and ages held by each position. No names were shared.

We wish you the best.

Great company!
Admin (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 29, 2018
PE is a great company to work for. The management really cares about the staff and gives them all the tools needed to succeed. I would highly recommend Physicians Endoscopy.
Growth Spurt
Administration (Current Employee) –  Jamison, PAJune 6, 2018
Good and bad when you have a growth spurt for a company but the company continues to falter with the growing pains. I believe most of the issues are growing pains but management is still thinking small to make any difference. In hiring new people have also heard some of these people were told things for job description that were not true just to keep/retain new employees. The cubes are very small to work but the overall building is nice - again growing pains...people need room to breath. The pay is either at or below average for the area and job descriptions. Would not recommend at this time.
October 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Employees are encouraged to share their concerns and thoughts directly with their manager or anyone in human resources. We want to help - come and talk to us! Your feedback is always appreciated.

Yes, we are growing. And yes, we have growing pains. PE is on a very positive path with coming up with innovative ways to scale our business, improve processes and technology and create some clarity on roles and responsibilities. We have new senior leadership and we have revamped our office space to accommodate growth. We have a beautiful new open-office space that's pretty cool! We continue to look at our business to come up with new, creative ways to improve in all areas.

Poor management/lack of communication
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jamison, PAMay 31, 2018
Senior management does not communicate. High level stress with deadlines that are not possible even with overtime.
Home life suffers due to the number of hours that are required. The incentives and perks do not replace the level of stress.
Pros
Co-workers recognize the stress level and assist
Cons
High Stress/minimal rewards
Great team work.
Payment Poster (contract through Addison Group) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 9, 2018
Work flow there was evenly divided. Great working environment with all the employees.

Every morning each of the employees, we would pull the checks, EFTs, and credit cards from the Lockbox. Our Lockbox consist of 11 centers we did billing for. After pulling the lockbox, we would sort the correspondence and post payments we received from JP Morgan Bank and TD Bank lockbox.
Pros
Great experience.
Cons
It was a temporary job.
Stressful
Billing Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jamison, PAApril 9, 2018
Initially pe is great until you are there for some time. The work load is a lot. Very stressful ! If you want your brain fried , and if you want anxiety then I recommend PE!
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Everything else
Amazing place to work
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamison, PAMarch 28, 2018
This is one of the best jobs I had. The company truly cares for every employee. They are quickly growing and still some how manage to appreciate each employee and show them with lunches and outings and appreciation days.
The benefits are amazing, but the pay is a bit lacking. If the job paid better and there was more chance of personal enhancement I would have stayed here forever. Never worked at a company like this before.
I love PE!
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Jamison, PAFebruary 6, 2018
Can't say enough great things about PE! Fun atmosphere, great benefits, and growth potential. Everyone is super friendly and very welcoming to new employees. Managers are great with recognizing staff for a job well done, too. A lot of employees have been there for many years, so that speaks volumes. Overall, PE is an awesome place to work!
Pros
Benefit costs, growth, fun environment, can wear jeans
February 7, 2018

I am a current PE employee and 100% agree with the statement above. PE is a great place to work.

I love this company
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Jamison, PAJanuary 17, 2018
This has by far been the best place I have ever worked. The people are friendly and always willing to help. PE does a great job at recognizing employees for their hard work and dedication. The benefits are great and management is always available to help.
Pros
great benefits, casual dress code, flexible hours
Understaffed
Billing Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jamison, PADecember 30, 2017
Do not work here. It is very understaffed. By the end of the day my brain was fried. There are so many deadlines at the end and first of the month that you cannot take off or call out sick. They also are horrible at training and track every error you make.
Benefits
Cons
Short lunch and breaks
Beware of the people here!
Collector (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 19, 2017
It’s like a cult here. If you aren’t permanent & friends with the management they treat you like trash, remind you that they are in a higher position & stomp on you if you stand up for yourself.
Pros
Not business casual.
Cons
Management is trash.
not organized
Collections/Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2017
too many changes on a daily basis. Lack of communication from management, can be very stressful at times. The departments that don't do there job we end up having to pick up what they didn't do.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
over worked and under paid
loved it
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jamison, PAAugust 18, 2017
my manager was amazing, such room for growth and advancement, you were valued as an employee and they had lots of perks of the job. worked with a great team. wish i never left.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Slow work but great pay and benefits
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jamison, PAJuly 6, 2017
Enjoyable place for the slow paced worker. Great pay and benefits. A lot of company perks for management positions such as work from home . The workplace culture is just a bit odd as it is very quiet inside the office and people rarely say hello or good morning after prompting.
Poor upper-management and company culture
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Jamison, PAMay 25, 2017
I cannot recommend working at PE. Beware and make sure you ask the right questions during the job interview. HR will tell you that it's a great place to work with a strong company culture- and work hard/play hard environment. They might even suggest that PE is a fun place to work. I found none of that to be true. Really, just a work hard/work hard environment with nothing that I found to be extraordinary in any way. The training is abysmal, and no one has the time to train anyone appropriately; however, if you make a mistake, you hear about it quickly... and generally in not the nicest way. I've heard an employee in upper-management screaming at a new employee (manager) when I stayed late to work one evening. I was horrified at the tone and mannerism. Not really a kid-friendly environment, either. If you have to leave early for any reason, it was looked down-upon by some people, probably due to everyone's workload.

In summary, I guess if you're super smart and learn the first time you're told to do something, single without kids, and can work long hours, you might do well, but it wasn't for me. Understaffed, lots of pressure and stress- one of the worst places I've ever worked.
Pros
Pay and benefits were on par with industry standards
Cons
Intimidating upper-management, poor training, stressful
Run
Medical biller (Former Employee) –  Jamison, PAAugust 23, 2016
Good starting job at first but after 3 months you'll be over worked and out of your mind. Depends what manager you get some are good while others are horrible. Low pay with okay benefits
Overall Great Company
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Jamison, PAAugust 5, 2016
PE is a great company but they do not pay at market rate because they offer amazing health benefits with the lowest plan being 100% paid by the company. I think PE is doing great overall, but should work on hiring a more diverse workforce. Everyone in HR is great and works well with you. PE is a growing company, but, because it's such a great company, not many people leave, meaning growth itself within the company can be tough...
Pros
Employee of the Month, Birthday/Anniversary Celebrations, 401k match, 100% paid medical, growing company, great co-workers
Cons
Not very diverse, pay isn't the best

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Physicians Endoscopy. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about