PHYSICIANS HEALTH ALLIANCE Employee Reviews

great place
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMarch 8, 2019
overall it was an excellent place and the dr. that I worked for was very intelligent and knowledgeable. he taught me a lot that I will carry with me forever.
Incredible work environment.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJanuary 24, 2019
Amazing team work in all areas of the organization, communication is outstanding on many levels, everyone is approachable if you have questions. Good place to work.
productive work environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dunmore, PAJanuary 14, 2019
I was responsible for rooming patients for multiple providers. assessing vital signs, drawing lab, assisting doctors with procedures,
doing prior authorizations, scheduling tests & specialist appointments and calling patients with test results
Pros
co-workers for wonderful
Cons
short breaks, not much room for advancement
Good
Externship (Current Employee) –  Old Forge, PANovember 28, 2018
Pleasant place to work, relaxed and very professional. Organized, great quality of service and care. I would recommend this to others including friends.
Bad management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 8, 2018
loved my coworkers! My manager was horrible. The manager gossiped about you to other coworkers. Not one person knew what they were doing or had an answer to questions you had. If you made a mistake you were screamed at but when you ask how to do it properly they have no answer. Just poor management all around. Pay is below average benefits aren't great. Got a raise a whole 18 cents. Nowhere to advance in the job. If you work well they will just give you more work with no benefits.
Pros
had awesome coworkers
Cons
management is unhelpful and rude
Productive/ professional workplace that feels like family
RN - OB GYN Office - site leader (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAMarch 11, 2018
A typical day at work for me would include opening the office in the morning. Setting up office for the work day for the physician(s) and other employees. Greeting patients (appointments every 10 minutes) and tending to their individual needs. Pt. intake documentation in EMR including but not limited: to vital signs, current complaint, review and update personal/ family/ social medical history, Ordering testing according to the physician's order, reviewing outstanding test orders, contacting patients to schedule overdue appointments, follow up appointments, review abnormal test results and physician recommendations, and call or write letters to patients regarding outstanding testing that was previously ordered, Triage of phone calls to the office.Occasionally obtaining prior authorization for testing and completing referrals to other providers. Completing twice monthly supply orders, monthly safety checks for my office site. Attending monthly office meetings. Cleaning, restocking and securing office at the end of each day. The work environment is professional, fast moving, challenging at times, very enjoyable, and rewarding.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with patients that are hostile (usually for reasons beyond this office setting). It is always a challenge to maintain composure when someone you are trying to serve is highly stressed. These situations happened rarely and were handled with professionalism and with the utmost respect for the patient and their needs,
Working for this group of physician's, management staff, other nursing staff, CMAs and ancillary staff
  more... is an absolute pleasure. My only reason for leaving is due to relocation.  less
Pros
Wonderful physicians, great work environment- terrific hours
Cons
Frequent down time of EMR computer system.
Some wonderful Doctors
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PANovember 1, 2017
Some of the best doctors in NEPA, great to work with. Some offices have a "tough" staff, with a lot of drama. The offices that do not have the drama, are wonderful places to work.
Work summary
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tunkhannock, PAOctober 20, 2017
Most enjoyable part of my job is greeting and visiting with the patients. Hardest part of my job is trying to juggle between the phone, patient checking in and the computer. The environment is very laid back . But the company is not big on compensating its employees.
Very fast paced, the workday went by very quickly.
OB/Gyn, Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 26, 2017
My initial employment with PHA was very enjoyable. I had taken a cut in my pay, as compared to my previous job, but I had wonderful hours. I enjoyed the people I worked with, and for.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Lost or misplaced files.
Very unorganized
CPC, Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dunmore, PAAugust 6, 2015
this practice was very unorganized and hard to get compliance problems addressed. There was a lot of chaos and not very well organized.
enjoyed this office as well
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PAFebruary 10, 2014
I worked for the pediatrics office in Dickson City and the company as well as co workers were great. All of the Dr's were fantastic
Pros
a fast work day
Cons
Being sick a lot
It was a nice place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tunkhannock, PAAugust 14, 2013
Registering patients, preparing charts. Answering phones
Pros
Occassional free lunches, Patients were wonderful
Cons
No breaks and 1/2 Lunch
great working environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 3, 2013
Ensure the cleanliness, sanitation and maintenance of the facility & exam rooms and equipment.
Respond to customer service request and assist with all needs, assist patients to exam rooms and perform clinical tasks as directed, such as: venipunctures, EKG, spirometer, PFTs, vision tests, and injections.
Utilizing good decision making skills in order to prioritize multiple tasks regarding patients concerns and physician assistant.
Working in a learning atmosphere..
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJDecember 24, 2012
A typical day at work consisted of drawing and processing blood, as well as preparing the patient for there visit with the Dr. i also learned how to piroritize and work under pressure as well as being able to multi task.. the management was very helpful and fair. The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who had no concept of the medical feild, the most part of the job was performing all clinical procedures as well as working with the public...