Physicians Immediate Care Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 18, 2019
my manager is amazing! I can always go to her about anything. the hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the protocols. the most enjoyable is the patients!
Great coworkers
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 2, 2019
Fast paced work environment, great coworkers, competitive pay, health, vision and dental insurance is offered. Full time schedule is two 12 hour shifts and one 6 hour shift during the week and then every other weekend.
July 16, 2019

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide both a healthy work-life balance and a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback to others.

Productive and fun environment
PCC (Current Employee) –  FrankfortJuly 2, 2019
A typical day at work for me is clocking in at 7:40 AM and getting everything prepared for the day. I organize all the files and charts so I can guarantee our patients have a quick and easy check in process. My day typically ends at 8:00PM or whenever our final patient is discharged and honestly the time flies. Everybody I work with at the Frankfort location is extremely pleasant to be around and it doesn't even feel like I'm working when I'm with them.
July 16, 2019

Thank you for providing some excellent feedback. We are very glad to hear that you enjoy both your role at PIC and your clinic team. We appreciate all you do for our patients!

Great benefits and supportive clinical leadership
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 1, 2019
Physicians Immediate Care is a great place to work. I have been here for 3 years and have enjoyed the collaborative environment. We have great benefits and competitive pay for this area. PIC is centered on educating providers and keeping us up to date on the latest technology and clinical practice.
July 16, 2019

Thank you for this review.! We are glad to hear that you enjoy the PIC atmosphere. Thank you for all you do for our patients!

Great Place to work
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 25, 2019
Management is wonderful, always helpful. Everyone is a team player and works together great. Always nice to meet and help people feel better. Room also for growth in the company.
Pros
room for growth within company
Cons
sometimes patients come in at last minute before closing so you have to stay longer than scheduled
June 26, 2019

Thank you for your review! We recognize that it is the nature of our urgent care business to provide care for the communities we serve and sometimes it is out of our hands if patients come in close to closing, but we do offer overtime pay for the extra hours worked.

Great teamwork and plenty of room for advancement
PTT/PCC (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 21, 2019
Being a fairly new employee, I have noticed the teamwork and communication between all the employees and company. Am excited for all the new skills am learning.
Pros
paid mileage, plenty of training, good pay
June 24, 2019

Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you had a great start to your career at PIC.

Fast paced, calm work environment
EPS Processor (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILJune 21, 2019
At times the workload can be stressful, but working as a team helps smooth over those rough patches. You learn a lot in this establishment that could help you expand in the other fields. Team work is stressed and is expected
June 24, 2019

Thank you for your review. The urgent care environment can be stressful and having a close working relationship with your clinic team makes it easier. We appreciate your feedback.

Fast paced and awarding
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 21, 2019
Working 12 hour shifts here is often tiring but it can be so rewarding. Patients come in not feeling well or injured and it makes my heart feel full when I am able to get them to smile, even when they're not the happiest. The hardest part of the job is seeing little children ill and crying, but when they leave, they have their sticker and smiling. It can be a very fast paced environment that I would not change. I work with a great team and we all take care of one another. Our management team is so understanding when I or another employee become ill or running late.
Pros
Management Team
June 24, 2019

Thank you for providing Remarkable Care to our patients! We appreciate all your hard work and we acknowledge that the days can be very long. Hopefully, you enjoy the flexibility that the 12-hour shifts create in your work week.

Great work environment!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2019
Physicians Immediate Care has always provided opportunities for career growth. I have worked here for 4+ years and have always felt like my opinion has mattered. Management truly cares about the patients and staff members. This is a great place to work if you're looking to start somewhere and work your way up! The company also lets you and your family get seen by a provider at any of their clinics for only $25 which is a great perk!
June 24, 2019

Thank you for your comments. We strive to provide our team members with an environment in which each person feels heard, and we are glad you have this experience. We agree that the $25 in-house medical benefit is a great cost-savings perk!

Great place to work!
Payment Posting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 19, 2019
If you want your day to go by fast and somewhere where they appreciate all of your hard work, this is the place to work! Have been here over a year and I love it!
June 24, 2019

Thank you for this review! We are glad to hear that you enjoy your position at PIC and hope you have many more happy years.

Great place to advance your career
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Clinic Support TeamJune 19, 2019
Physicians Immediate Care has taught me a lot as an individual. I have learned so much and continue to learn on a daily basis. Everyone at the company truly cares. My manager is great and is very approachable.
June 24, 2019

We are happy to hear that your manager is providing a positive environment for you! Thank you for your review.

Fast Paced with Great Coworkers
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sycamore, ILJune 18, 2019
Patient Care Coordinators check in patients, answer phone calls, help clinical staff, etc. I love my coworkers and the fast paced atmosphere of this job. Shifts can be long but that's to be expected in the medical field. My manager and bosses are very supportive and helpful leaders that I can always rely on. I enjoy working here very much. The only down fall is the lack of pay.
June 19, 2019

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear about your great team in DeKalb/Sycamore.

Great company to work for
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 18, 2019
The corporate office is very interested in each clinic and employee. It is fun to come to work and get the variety of patients and to work for such a great manager. As an employee of Physicians Immediate Care your voice is heard and you are encouraged to continue with your growth in the company.
June 19, 2019

We recognize that our people are our most valuable assets, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Thank you!

Great Place to Work
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJune 18, 2019
I've been here for two summers now and I enjoy everyday I spend at the office! I love to go to each of the clinics and see the different dynamics! Everyone is always very friendly and welcoming!
Pros
Nice co-workers, supportive bosses
June 19, 2019

Thank you for your review! We are glad you are enjoying your internship opportunity at our company.

What an Amazing Company To work at!!!
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJune 18, 2019
Physicians Immediate Care is by far the most amazing position I have had. The culture is great. Everyone you encounter has the same goals and ideas. We all work together to help each other. We are all here to help our patients. Management is extremely helpful and willing to do whatever it takes to get the task at hand completed. Even other clinic close by work together to make sure the patient is taken care of. The hardest part of the job is hearing the patients stories and seeing them sick. The most enjoyable part of the job is when that patient leaves with a smile even though you know they are sick and don't feel good but they cant help but smile because we made them as comfortable as possible and solved their concerns. Also the amazing co-workers and the fun we have together. I have learned that Physicians is the most caring walk in clinic around town. We truly are here for our patients.
June 19, 2019

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you have a great relationship with your co-workers & management team. We are consistently hiring compassionate, driven individuals who are truly meant to work in healthcare and are glad to see that it's created such a positive environment. Thank you again for the feedback.

Working at PIC
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Sycamore, ILJune 18, 2019
I have been at Physicians Immediate Care for almost 2 years. Our clinic is a fast paced office. I have learned a lot about immediate care and first aid. The staff is overall friendly and helpful with any questions. I would recommend applying for a position. I have a manager that has been amazing, she has our backs 110% and has improved our clinic when she took over. Hardest part of the job is working 12 hours but working with the great staff helps the time go fast.
Pros
working longer hours but less days a week to equal 40 hours
Cons
very busy at times
June 19, 2019

Thank you for your review and recommendation! The hours can be long, but most enjoy the flexibility it offers. We are glad you have a great team at our DeKalb clinic.

Work day
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, ILJune 17, 2019
A typical day at Physicians includes a fast pace environment. Triaging patients from the basic cold to a laceration. Our work place culture is professional and enjoyable. We all get along, help each other equally when needed. We see ourselves as a second family.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Short breaks
June 18, 2019

Thank you for your feedback on "life at PIC." We are glad to hear about your positive work environment!

Terrible! Stay Away!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  ILJune 15, 2019
Executive leadership starts rumors to make staff turn against each other. Leadership is not experienced enough to run the day to day. Leadership plays favorites instead of actually promoting fairly based on work experience and quality of work. You will not be successful here. Better to stay away instead of wasting your time
June 17, 2019

Our clinical and corporate management teams value the feedback they receive from employees to improve clinic operations and employee satisfaction. They work earnestly to make sure they address all concerns in a timely and efficient manner. Recently, they have implemented a new extensive clinic management-training program to better prepare our managers. Thank you for your comments!

short term
Medical Billing Specialist/ Payment Poster (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 5, 2019
Management is iffy, but other than that nice job to have as a short term job. Environment is friendly and they do have ok benefits.PTO is hard to gain like less than a day a month.
Pros
monthly drawing, flexible
Cons
not realistic goals occasionally
June 17, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoy your work environment. We offer growth opportunities into management and corporate roles to encourage employees to make PIC your career and not a short term job. PIC recognizes the importance of taking time off, and we offer PTO for all employees working 30 hours or more a week. These hours are earned bi-weekly, and up to 60 hours a year can be rolled over to the following year. Please contact your HRBP for information on how your PTO increases with years of service.

Enjoy welcoming patients to PIC (front desk)
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Machesney Park, ILJune 5, 2019
I enjoy being at the front desk. I love to welcome each patient and help them start their visit as they walk into PIC (Pre emp/work comp/private). It is awesome to see them leave with a smile and happy about their visit at our location. I enjoy answering phone calls and invite them to see us at their convenience, I review our hours of operation and tell them "we will see you soon". My favorite role at PIC is to translate for Spanish speaking patients, I enjoy using my Bilingual gift. I really take pride to be a coach for the new PCC's in the Rockford area. Love my job!
Pros
paid PTO
Cons
training others with no bonus (coach)
June 12, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to our company and so do our patients. Your smile and happy demeanor are felt through the clinic - the perfect mentor! We look forward to many more successful years with you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Physicians Immediate Care. Our community is ready to answer.