Physicians Mutual

Physicians Mutual Employee Reviews

United States179 reviews

medicarephysicianagentleadsupplementcommissionpolicyinsurance

Hectic

If you’re in in Policy owner services, you great treated horribly. Customers are very disrespectful and P.o.s is the hardest department to work in. Good luck.

Pros

Hiring bonus, part-time gets vision and dental

Cons

Rude customers

Great training and flexible schedules

I am super part time with this position, but still have success with PMIC. The training is stellar!Be prepared to dial a lot of numbers everyday. Persistency is key to your success!

Physicians Mutual insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Overall Excellent Company

Very positive atmosphere with management and the team helping you out never needed. Excellent workplace culture with the need to succeed parent at all levels. Like with all insurance jobs you have to put in the time to make the calls. Leads are provided which are a huge help!

Good training

They have good training and give you all the tools you need to succeed. All commission and no benefits. No paid training, better have another source of income when you are starting.

New to Contract work. Don't work here.

This was a contract job for me. I was new to the sales field and was excited at how nice they were to help. I got contracted in November and was terminated at the end of December. No word about any problems just couldn't login. I went to the trainings and I was working their leads and my own. They manage and push you to make sales even though they are not paying you. They also make you buy a product from them to open up your leads that they give you. I talked with many people in my group that went through the same thing. I just want someone who has never done this to know that is how they do it. They are always hiring a group and training every month. Contract work is not usually paid.

If you like making 100 cold calls a day to supposed "warm leads" (they're not, they're cold as ice), then good luck.

Not a good place, not the worst mind you. If you can make 100 to 200 calls a day and make 2 or 3 stick, then great. Its soul destroying however, if you have a soul.

Pros

You can stay in bed till 9am

Cons

You'll be awake worrying about money till 5am

It was over the holidays, deadlines were not adjusted to fit the holiday schedule.

The training was below average. We spent a lot of time in training discussing a sales approach. Not everyone agreed on what the approach was. More time should have been spent reviewing products.

Great management and enjoyable appointments

Only problem is that first year commissions are low. Keep at it and you'll earn plenty though. Great company culture and supportive management! Plenty of training and the best products in the industry!

It is a sales job. You honestly get the benefit of truly helping people.

Medicare is a complicated and ever changing thing. You are givin the tools to truly become an expert. I like the fact that their is weekly training on the landscape of medicare.

Pros

Convention Trip to exotic locations.

Cons

The money isn't always there.

Flexible hours

Unnecessary meetings and unrealistic goals for their product/price. Not worth the time, use of your own car, etc. Behind the times for what other companies were using in the field to secure sales. They didn’t try to stay up with the competition.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Not worth the time invested for the pay.

Great Company to work for. If you have the desire to succeed and want the opportunity to showcase your talents, this is the Company to be a part of.

Physicians Mutual has many opportunities for you to succeed. The Management team is very supportive and attentive to your continuous development and the opportunities throughout the company are available to those who want it.

Pros

Great salary, upward mobility and great training.

Cons

You must have a desire to succeed.

Great place to work. Great coworkers. Engaging. Work life balance is good. Management is understanding and easy to talk to. Encouraging to move up but promotions are difficult to come by because people stay within.

Don't waste your time and let this company take advantage of you

the only way you make any livable income is hitting bonuses. However, when you leave the company in this first years (which 90% of people do) you have to pay all that money back. Its pretty much a scam and only the top few sales people make money. if you want to have a sales career go anywhere else besides physicians mutual. They are not upfront with how much you will make and are in it for themselves. This is one of the most boring and grueling jobs you can have and they will show you how much top earners have made in order to get you to keep going. However, even the top earners hate their jobs and only do it for the money. In summary, don't start your sales career with physicians mutual.

Pros

work when you like and commission

Cons

No base pay, you must repay bonuses and parts of commission when you leave, no opportunity to move up in the company

Poor management!!!

Very hostile work environment. The manager would share personal information about other colleagues. Manager did not like for employees to have personal time on lunch breaks. There was no designated training you are left to figure it out on your own and penalize for not knowing your job. Poor poor management!! Would not recommend!!

Cons

Run away as quickly as you can

They tell you leads are free but they don’t tell you that you have to write a policy and push you to do seminars and group presentations in spite of COVID. Definitely don’t care about you, they call people, get them to join and they’re a dime a dozen. Fires you before you can even build a pipeline. Lies upon lies upon lies

Short term gig

I wouldn’t recommend working here if you’re trying to climb a corporate ladder. They want most workers to stay at their current position. Very small chance of advancement

Run away from here

Want agents to be call center agents but hire you as an independent so they dont have to pay you for sitting in office all day calling recycled leads. Have a habit of firing agents before residual pay kicks in .

Pros

Pay quickly on comission

Cons

High turnover, no support, dont help grow business.

Supportive Company

Company is very supportive and offers lots of training. Great culture, compensation and flexibility is great. It is often hard to make sales, lots of cold calling and uninterested people, free leads often require a far commute to meet with them. I also am not is fan of in house face to face meetings and trainings with covid...company completely ignores that part of precautions.

Do not work for this company in the field

I have never written a negative rating for any company I have worked for, but I will. I wrote with Physicians Mutual several years ago. If you do not meet their set sales goals, they will not only terminate your contract (which is their right) but they try to take back your commissions from sales they otherwise would have never gotten. Although their rates have improved somewhat since 2016, they were highly uncompetitive when I wrote for them. Once I got appointed with other carriers and their policy had been in place for a year, I moved them to other companies and saved each of them over $50 a month. I apologized for selling them such an overpriced product. PM may treat its policyholders well, but with agents it is a completely different story.

Pros

Cons

Commission charge backs on policies sold and maintained

Top Management Highly experienced and very motivating

Company focus medicare related is their Supplemental plans of which can be only offered thru this company (proprietary).You will also gain knowledge of life insurance and annuity offerings.

Pros

Top Management

Cons

no base pay

The best products and great people to work with

Physicians Mutual easily has the best products in the state. The managers took the time to teach and support me but the best part is the culture. They keep it fun and exciting.

Pros

Products, training, culture, fun, managers.

Common questions about Physicians Mutual

Answered by current and former employees at Physicians Mutual

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Physicians Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
1.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight