Physicians Mutual
68Average

Physicians Mutual Employee Reviews

United States135 reviews
stop giving favorites leads
favorite people got the best leads, which turned into bonus for them while many agents failed to have leads.
This was unfair to the others. This is why there was always a turn over with agents. The products are good.
Best Company
Very nice and flexible. Remote meetings and self oaced. You get when you put into it. Friendly associates to work with and a fun positive environment.
Best Company to Work in Omaha
The best company I have ever worked for, hands down. Our CEO practices what he preaches with Delivering Happiness. Great Management who care for Employees. Everyone is more than happy to help each other. We realize we are all a part of something special right now.
You're on your own
Most managers lack field experience, therefore they cannot appreciate the effort that is necessary to succeed. They offer "plastic" responses and guidance.
Canvassing for new business
100+ outbound calls daily
Appointment based for new business signed up

Driving/walking neighborhoods for appointments

Purchasing leads to maximize quality appointments

No work/life balance
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Flexible
Company is flexible and pay is commission only. Management is willing to help, but the leads aren't as good as expected. It takes awhile to build up clients and you really need to have time to be able to do that.
Bad company to work for treated poorly on every level.
The worst job I have ever had. Do not have one good thing to say. Do not waste your time. You will hate your life. Even the customers you talk to are crazy and you can hardly understand what they are saying. It was the most awful experience I have ever had.
stable company
Company is focused on giving back to the community. Company is also interested in the well being of their employees. opportunity for senior level management limited
Terrible Company
As an experienced agent who was looking to diversify, trying this company was a huge mistake. The leads are recycled and often non-viable, mandatory trainings are repetitive and redundant and consist mostly of a lot of cheerleading and of management patting themselves on the back. There is nothing exceptional about the Supplement plans that they market. Agents are encouraged to, and actually trained to, talk down on other companies. The papers is nearly impossible to wade through, and most of the policies you sell will be denied, which the company will then bill you for. This is quite literally the worst company I have ever worked for.... I could go on and on.
Unique opportunity as an insurance company. I had a 99% closing ratio
This company offered more leads than you could contact each month. Income was only limited by you willingness to work. This company was extremely competitive with all similar companies, which made getting referrals easy. This company would hire me back any time. I still keep in touch with several of the employees. Only left the company be cause of family issues back here in NJ.
Cheap management
Management was very cheap . Very old school practices. I wouldn’t recommend physician mutual. My supervisor didn’t trust his employees to manage their own time, and he was very controlling. Specially in the use of office supply .If you complain they won’t fix the problem. Instead they will tell you you can find another job. I have worked a lot places but that was the worst experience in my Life l
All the support!!
I was not with Physicians very long at all... only due to personal life reasons. However, I WISH I could continue my career with them right now. You have 100% control over your career here, because you are an INDEPENDENT Agent. You make your schedule. You control how quickly you learn. You have 100% flexibility with all the support you could ever imagine. The leaders here are outstanding. They truly are there for you - whether you need their time or more resources. You should be able to survive off of the leads they provide. But you also have the option of purchasing more if need be.
Pros
free resources, free materials, support, training, flexibility
Cons
it takes time to build your business
Excellent but limited product line.
Excellent but limited product line. Superior customer service. Price is an issue. Great training. Paid weekly with superior advance system designed to help a new agent succeed. If you meet the production requirements you will bonus. Plan on working 5-6 days a week and 50 to 60 hours. Lots of time spent looking up information for leads and calling on the telephone.
Pros
Good Company to work for.
Cons
Long hours.
Caring Company
The company truly cares about their employees and customers. All of the managers try to do everything they can to make sure employees feel comfortable and have a competitive pay.
Pruductive Work Place
This company tends to micromanage their employees quite a bit causing a lot of stress on their employees. Employees are not allowed to leave their desk to get breakfast in the morning or to get a glass of water or a soda in the cafeteria outside of their break and lunch times.
Don't work there
Does not care about call center employees. You are just a number. Production standards are completely ridiculous... They need to look at why the turnover is so high
Training and support with no manager was very bad
The promises of leads and number of customers before hiring dramatically reduced upon hire. 3 months after signing up a manager showed up but prior to that is was frustrating.
If you need a paycheck, it is commission. If you want to survive, don't work here !
Survival of the fittest. If you want to succeed..plan on working 100 hours a week. IF you want to live...200 hours a week. There are better jobs, with benefits and good compensation. Commission was not for me!
Nice office and good agents. Good training for agents.
Agents are given thorough training including field training. The support staff is second to none given their dedication to helping agents and creating a supportive culture.
Do not work here!
The new Agency Manager followed me around the office insulted everything I did and was incredibly demeaning and rude. Nothing was ever good enough. He admitted to being OCD, but a lot worse was going on in that noggin. Agents began to quit, right after he arrived.

He also talked fast, moved fast, and was constantly sweating profusely....figure that one out on your own....
nice people
if you dont pay for ads/you starve,no real training.scammed dental policy.1 year before any claims.no support group. pretty much sink or swim(they dont care no base salary)they are constantly looking for people to use.
Cons
no gas allowance
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Physicians Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight