Physicians Mutual Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great...but
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJune 18, 2018
This company is great if you can afford to not have an income for several months while you get on your feet. This company is focused primarily on COLD CALLING so if you do not like cold calling stay away. The pay is decent, one your started.
Best job I've ever had!
Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 12, 2018
Excellent training! Managers who are available all the time. Amazing support staff. Best products and customer service. Wonderful recognition and support. They make you feel valuable and involved and make sure you have the best training in the industry.
Pros
Amazing training
Love the job, People on the other hand
Supervisor/Data Entry Imaging (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 12, 2018
I loved the job I had a Physicians Mutual, but some of the workers needed more supervision then I could provide. Also the Company started laying off employees that had been there a while to cut cost by hiring employees that would work for less.
Stressful environment low morale.
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 1, 2018
The training at Physicians Mutual in my position as a Claims Examiner was well below standard. There was not enough staff for the workload, and management was not open to change.
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Training
Put in your time
Producer/Medicare Educator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 3, 2018
It can be a great job, but you have to be motivated to put in the time and effort to sell policies. Commission-only means having some other way to get by until you get up to speed.
A Good Place To Work
Life Ins Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 2, 2018
Relaxing atmosphere with good management. Performed all basic CSR/Sales tasks. Occasionally, had to take calls that I couldn't make commission on but 85% of the calls were commissionable.
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
the walk to the building is a little long from parking lots
Horrible experience
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 18, 2018
This company was very disorganized and did not live up to the promises it made. They push their agents to sell Medicare supplements but probably 90% of the leads they give you is for their dental policy.

They spin it that you want to use the dental policy to get in the door to sell Medicare supplements but most people don’t qualify or their prices are way out of line with other companies . And the only product they do any advertising for is their dental policy. I guess they are keeping it a secret they sell Medicare supplements .

Their technology and processses are not at all updated. And they force their agents to hand deliver every policy . So I found myself driving an hour to deliver a dental policy that I maybe made a hundred bucks on. Again they try to spin it as a good thing but it is not their time and gas money .

Just another company that over promises and under deliverers . And then blames you when things are not working without taking any responsibly for their own problems .
Cons
Outdated company with poor management
Good work atmospher
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 26, 2018
solicitation of prospect clients via mailings and telephone. Constantly in a training mode. Work with other agents regularly. Attend agent development meetings.
Pros
Leads provided, work own hours.
Cons
opportunities for sales.
hard to make a sale
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXFebruary 7, 2018
hard to make a sale. requires door knocking cold calls and phone calls. felt uncomfortable meeting people in their homes as I didn't know of my safety.
Great place to work for
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 31, 2018
Physicians mutual is a great place to work for, You are always busy helping customers. Management is very helpful. Bonus are given monthly to reward you for doing a great job.
Wonderful opportunity to learn Agile
Automation Test Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 30, 2018
Work Culture at PMIC is very good. As a Student they will encourage students to learn all possible technologies. Wonderful staffs and co workers. Great place to work
Great Company To Work For
Division Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 25, 2018
Big company with a small company feel. Physicians Mutual truly cares about its agents and employees. Physicians Mutual has a great on boarding and training program.
Division Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Great place to work. Very relaxed environment. Agents are Great! Pay is excellent, recruiting is a must. Great place to work. Pay is good. Slow paces.
selling medicare supplement and life insurance products.
Agent/Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 10, 2018
This job is a typical cold calling and door knocking process. The work can pay well if you want to work 50-60 plus hours a week and are okay with being told no 95% of the time.
Started here 19 years ago and never plan to leave
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 29, 2017
I began working at Physicians Mutual in 1999 thinking it would help pay the bills for a few years until I found what I really wanted to do. The family culture and management is great. I still enjoy getting up and coming to work. My coworkers work with me in a collaborative fashion and people truly want to see you succeed ... I will work here until I retire. Do yourself a favor and apply at Physicians Mutual!
Pros
Mutual company, so decisions are made to benefit the business...not stockholders
Must be ambitious and self-driven
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 15, 2017
This company provides a lot of resources to help you succeed, but you must be very motivated in order to be successful. You have to work at least 40 hours a week to succeed, and this includes doing your own prospecting. Company is very ethical and does what it says it will do.
The Preferred Match for what I was searching for
Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 14, 2017
Prior to joining Physicians Mutual I developed a number of non-negotiable characteristics for my next preferred career opportunity and was very selective about the company I was going to align my career with. Physicians Mutual initially met and exceeded those characteristics and continue to do so after my first two years with the company. Finding a solid match like this is challenging to do in our contemporary business climate. I am blessed to be with this organization and proud to represent this company and the meaningful, worthwhile work that we do every day!
Career opportunity
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  CarolinasDecember 14, 2017
It is my great privilege to represent this company. This company has provided me financial security , income growth, flexibility, and a career opportunity.

I have been with the company since 2009 and what attracted me as an agent was the financial strength of the company . Great place that offers you a career in the insurance industry representing an A+ company.

I love the company culture, support, free leads, incentives, convention destinations, training, innovative products, and great customer service for my existing clients.

There is no place I’d rather be ! Until I retire I will be around .

Thank you Physicians Mutual .
Great friendly atmosphere to work in. Some days are fast pace and stressfull although I handle it well.
Health Issue Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 2, 2017
Love the job. Just need extra money for bills going up. Plan on staying at Physicians until I retire. It is a fun place to work. Get along with everyone. Have learned to deal with customers with a good attitude. Able to handle angry customers very well.
Pros
Company Family days, Jeans months, Employee appreciation days and Chritmas parties.
Cons
My only complaint is I would like a longer lunch time.
Awesome Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 1, 2017
Great family atmosphere. Opportunity for growth and advancement. Strong commitment to excellence. Get rewarded for your hard work. Leadership truly listens to its employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Physicians Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight