Physicians Mutual
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100
Physicians Mutual Employee Review

Physicians Mutual Inbound Customer Service Representative Review - Easy

February 13, 2021
Physicians mutual offers a lot of entry level positions with a decent starting pay and a decent chance for raises and bonuses. A call center position is not for me but others might be alright sitting at a desk hooked up to a phone.
Pros
Pay
Cons
hours and flexibility
June 26, 2020
Same roleSame location
Inbound Policy Owner Services (Former Employee) - Omaha, NE
Frankly, You can work your self to the bone for this company but if you don't have an 'in' with the right people (popularity on the call floor with management, leads and co-workers) you will not get anywhere. If you are liked by the right people, this could be a long lasting job. You won't move up to or past 'lead' for several years since people do not retire, they work until they are incompetent. There is a call center manager who is well known because "she used to be good, now she is just old and forgetful. Don't ask her." However if you are like most people and want to do their job and go home or are not catty and do not participate in drama, this won't work for you. The woman in charge of call center hiring and a Physician's Mutual top recognized employee and her boss, the woman directly under the VP of customer service, are both the definition of a passive aggressive mean girls. They both almost reminds me of Ms. Umbridge from Harry Potter. She seems sweet until you actually know her. Both of these women literally had me or my co-worker in tears at our desks at least once a quarter. We would have to go to a luncheon with them as a 'reward' for doing great work and getting recognized, we would hate it. It gave everyone anxiety. My bosses boss actually made fun of my co-workers shoes to the point she was in tears after a luncheon. All supervisors on the call floor pick and chose their favorites and gossip with them about other employees, even though they deny it.
Pros
Decent pay, bonus opportunities, breaks, beautiful campus
Cons
Management, healthcare
February 17, 2021
Same location
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) - Omaha, NE
Production standards are pretty strict. They want you to do everything correctly the first time, and when you reach out for health most of the time they tell you to fix it yourself to learn leadership and self-efficiency. Not to mention when you make a minor mistake they talk to you like you are a child.
February 16, 2021
Same location
Teleservice Representative (Current Employee) - Omaha, NE
It’s a call center. Hours are 8-5 M-F, callers are often angry and elderly. Hard production standards. Very stressful most of the time. I think about quitting everyday but need the money.
Cons
Calls are bad, management micro manages and has favorites, hard to meet production