Physicians Mutual
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Physicians Mutual Employee Reviews in Omaha, NE

Company is focused on giving back to the community. Company is also interested in the well being of their employees. opportunity for senior level management limited
Short staffed. If you do your job well you can do everyone else's work too. Production type work, should have higher pay. One 20 min break for part time.
Cons
Short staffed, either too much work or not enough. Job eliminated due to department location move.
If you can't sell you won't make money you almost need a second job not worth it. It's all commission-based it seem like two managers are kind of mean if you ask him questions they really don't want to hear any complaints and if they do they just tell you to look for another job
Pros
Cons
Rude managers
Frankly, You can work your self to the bone for this company but if you don't have an 'in' with the right people (popularity on the call floor with management, leads and co-workers) you will not get anywhere. If you are liked by the right people, this could be a long lasting job. You won't move up to or past 'lead' for several years since people do not retire, they work until they are incompetent. There is a call center manager who is well known because "she used to be good, now she is just old and forgetful. Don't ask her." However if you are like most people and want to do their job and go home or are not catty and do not participate in drama, this won't work for you. The woman in charge of call center hiring and a Physician's Mutual top recognized employee and her boss, the woman directly under the VP of customer service, are both the definition of a passive aggressive mean girls. They both almost reminds me of Ms. Umbridge from Harry Potter. She seems sweet until you actually know her. Both of these women literally had me or my co-worker in tears at our desks at least once a quarter. We would have to go to a luncheon with them as a 'reward' for doing great work and getting recognized, we would hate it. It gave everyone anxiety. My bosses boss actually made fun of my co-workers shoes to the point she was in tears after a luncheon. All supervisors on the call floor pick and chose their favorites and gossip with them about other employees, even though they deny it.
Pros
Decent pay, bonus opportunities, breaks, beautiful campus
Cons
Management, healthcare
They pride themselves on not being the cheapest in the market but the reason they aren't the cheapest is to pay inflated salaries of people who have worked there for 20 years and won't leave so you can't move up. Very high turnover. Managers are clueless and out of touch and treat employees like children.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
The best company I have ever worked for, hands down. Our CEO practices what he preaches with Delivering Happiness. Great Management who care for Employees. Everyone is more than happy to help each other. We realize we are all a part of something special right now.
Management was very cheap . Very old school practices. I wouldn’t recommend physician mutual. My supervisor didn’t trust his employees to manage their own time, and he was very controlling. Specially in the use of office supply .If you complain they won’t fix the problem. Instead they will tell you you can find another job. I have worked a lot places but that was the worst experience in my Life l
The company truly cares about their employees and customers. All of the managers try to do everything they can to make sure employees feel comfortable and have a competitive pay.
This company tends to micromanage their employees quite a bit causing a lot of stress on their employees. Employees are not allowed to leave their desk to get breakfast in the morning or to get a glass of water or a soda in the cafeteria outside of their break and lunch times.
Does not care about call center employees. You are just a number. Production standards are completely ridiculous... They need to look at why the turnover is so high
Horrible place for temp work went through a tem place and never would again. Boss was ok told her something in confidence can never trust supervisors again
I love the gig but looking for better, I want a job I can do more than just one thing, learn different jobs. Overall is a really good work place though.
In my tenure I experienced constant favoritism throughout the department. If you want great pay, this is NOT the job for you! As a professional I believe that your pay should reflect your efforts and unfortunately this is not the case at this place. Keep looking for better! Good luck!
Pros
Decent base pay
Cons
Commissions were nothing compared to what you make them!
I worked at both the home office and their print shop. The management at the home office seemed a little too stern at times, lot of brown nosing. The print shop management seemed to understand our personal needs more so than corporate. Still a great company.
Office location was OK - work equipment very dated. Attendance policy was not enforced for ALL employees. Some Management was unfair, biased, and unethical. Repeatedly hostile and offensive work environment. Annual increases were a joke and past due by months. Pay was well-below industry average/competition. Many Managers showed favoritism for certain employees. Benefit costs and choices were average. PTO was accrued hourly and not competitive.
Pros
Location, Free lunches, casual Fridays
Cons
Management, corporate structure, pay, unreasonable expectations
my day starts with making phone calls to potential clients, setting an apptoitment to meet with them in person to get to no them and what their needs are. then go meet the person and talk about their situation and needs for insurance.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
no garauntees making a sale and paying for expenses
Busy environment, lots of call volumn and variety. Good salary and possibility of commission. Nice people. Offer good service and good products. Management is good to their staff.
I loved the job I had a Physicians Mutual, but some of the workers needed more supervision then I could provide. Also the Company started laying off employees that had been there a while to cut cost by hiring employees that would work for less.
The training at Physicians Mutual in my position as a Claims Examiner was well below standard. There was not enough staff for the workload, and management was not open to change.
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Training
Relaxing atmosphere with good management. Performed all basic CSR/Sales tasks. Occasionally, had to take calls that I couldn't make commission on but 85% of the calls were commissionable.
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
the walk to the building is a little long from parking lots
Physicians mutual is a great place to work for, You are always busy helping customers. Management is very helpful. Bonus are given monthly to reward you for doing a great job.