Physicians Mutual
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Physicians Mutual Employee Reviews for Agent

I haven't been with Physicians Mutual very long but find it to be a great place to work. The products they sell are superior as well as their training! I started during Covid-19 and mainly work from home however we meet every Friday currently on a WebEx. To start the day I get on the CRM they provide and gather the free leads they also provide. After gathering the leads I start making the calls or send text or emails. They also have where you can set up seminars to educate people on Medicare. Overall this is a great place to work!
Pros
Great support and free leads
Overall i did not feel they were there to benefit anyone but themselves , the management just wants to look good for upper management for bonuses, bad experience
If you are fine working on only commission you would do fine here. Their training on their products is very good. Beware if you do leave they will send you a bill for about half the commissions you were paid. You are a self-employed contractor so there are no employee benefits for health insurance, etc. You can make great money here but you want to have enough saved to actually live on for quite a while as it takes time to build up your book of business.
Pros
Good product training
Cons
Hard to live on commission-only
Excellent training! Managers who are available all the time. Amazing support staff. Best products and customer service. Wonderful recognition and support. They make you feel valuable and involved and make sure you have the best training in the industry.
Pros
Amazing training
Flexible hours allowed me time with my family, but also was able to make a great living selling in-demand products. Manager and office staff want to see you succeed.
Pros
Great hours, great earning potential
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Physicians Mutual is a highly regarded, financially strong company. Still family run and dedicated to provided both their customers and their employees with quality service and an enriched working environment.
Pros
Great support
Cons
100% commission.
Excellent opportunity to excel if one tries. Set your own hours and achieve work/life balance. Great opportunity for personal growth. Prospecting opportunities may be limited if effort is lacking.
Pros
Innovative products
Cons
Limited product line
good place to start if you want to be an agent for the people, I loved what I was doing, but found foot work and sales to be tiresome. You have to be on your job all the time. I was new to the market did not know what I was getting into. You must know how to sell the product. knowing everything abut the product and the applicant will put you in the door
Pros
making back to back sales
Cons
when clients cancel
The most important part of the job, is meeting new people, providing a service that will add quality to their lives. A typical day at work, involves cold calling, or prospecting for new leads. Following up on pre-set appointments. Educating Consumers on the value of Insurance with Physicians Mutual vs. others in the marketplace. The gratification of getting the sale, and gaining referrals.
Pros
Excellent work/life balance
Cons
100% cold calling
The initial training is a lot of information in a short amount of time, but you do become an expert at Medicare. Learning is an ongoing processes. There is always something new that you will learn daily Management is great. They are readily available for you to ask questions and throw ideas at Co workers are sometimes in the office but are available to help new agents and answer questions also The hardest part of the job is cold calling and getting appointments. But if you enjoy talking with people it really doesn't feel like work. If you enjoy talking with different people and learning new things daily, Physicians Mutual is for you. Great company and great people.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Physicians Mutual?
I lived about an hour and a half from the Division Office so I had to travel to get trained. After They "taught" me some things about insurance they cut me free. The first time I went out, they sent me with an "experienced agent". Turns out the agent had been working there for 6 months and had only sold 5 things. I had to beg for more trained agents to work with me... Each of them seemed put off when they had to, until we sold something. After I went out with experienced agents just a couple times I was supposed to do it on my own. For someone new to insurance, this was a horrible idea. I asked the DM for help multiple times, but only got pep talks and webinars. Do not work here if you live far away from an office or haven't done this before! They claim to have amazing training but lack in the ability to provide one on one time. Then again, this could just be the Kentucky division I'm not sure. Also you have to spend money on a laptop and gas before you make any money.
Pros
The office coordination (handled paperwork) was nice and very good
Cons
Have to fork out money when you start, lack of support
Strong company. Great Guaranteed Issue Life product. Good training on how to present the basics of Medicare to the senior market. A big part of their pitch, though, is how to "dismantle" an MA plan for anyone considering those. Also, they are very exaggerating of other supplement companies rates and inflation. The 2 big issues I have are: 1) As someone that is AHIP certified (although I prefer supplements as a solution), I am amazed that they can get away with the way they present the MA options. The way they "explain" those plans and the benefits are, in most cases, very inaccurate. Once the bad information is presented, it seems like the legend of their "evilness" grows among agents, and in the presentation to prospects. Always felt that the supplement agents should be held to the same compliance standard as those with the AHIP certification, given that they actually try to explain certain MA features and benefits, while mentioning MA companies by name. 2) The new agents are told that all other supplements increase by around 20-25% each year. In some cases, that may be true, but after enough agents in the office hear the "line", it simply becomes part of the presentation to prospects as a "norm" for all other companies but Phys Mutual. Given above average premiums, need to be able to sell value and company rating.
Pros
Strong company rating. Good GI Life product.
Cons
Feel like employee with mandatory conference calls, Training calls are less training and more cheering about beating another division, Private conversations among agents may not be private, Managers have a way of having extra sets of ears in and out of the office, Lot of distrust after awhile. In terms of leads, many time multiple agents will get the same leads and toes are stepped on in the field, Expect to have deals you are working on to be closed by other agents.
The hardest part of the job is the reduced contact list as well as the cost of purchasing leads. Considered self employed so no benefits at all. If one can stay in for over two years then the renewal income starts to build. Need second income to make it in the beginning.
Pros
setting ones own schedule
Cons
being available 24/7 to clients
Sales team was 100% commission based. We were encouraged to purchase leads from outside sources. Additionally we were all given the same list to call from based on birthdays of potential Medicare Supplement buyers. The largest obstacle I found was that most people are now on a Federal Do Not Call list. And those that sent in lead cards, often argued that they did not, despite the fact that you were physically holding their signed cards. It is a great opportunity for those that can consistently handle rejection and Physicians Mutual has a very generous bonus program and compensation. The management was encouraging.
Pros
good direction and flexible schedule
Cons
highly competitive market