Physicians Mutual
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Physicians Mutual Employee Reviews for Independent Agent

Company is flexible and pay is commission only. Management is willing to help, but the leads aren't as good as expected. It takes awhile to build up clients and you really need to have time to be able to do that.
I was not with Physicians very long at all... only due to personal life reasons. However, I WISH I could continue my career with them right now. You have 100% control over your career here, because you are an INDEPENDENT Agent. You make your schedule. You control how quickly you learn. You have 100% flexibility with all the support you could ever imagine. The leaders here are outstanding. They truly are there for you - whether you need their time or more resources. You should be able to survive off of the leads they provide. But you also have the option of purchasing more if need be.
Pros
free resources, free materials, support, training, flexibility
Cons
it takes time to build your business
Survival of the fittest. If you want to succeed..plan on working 100 hours a week. IF you want to live...200 hours a week. There are better jobs, with benefits and good compensation. Commission was not for me!
This company was very disorganized and did not live up to the promises it made. They push their agents to sell Medicare supplements but probably 90% of the leads they give you is for their dental policy. They spin it that you want to use the dental policy to get in the door to sell Medicare supplements but most people don’t qualify or their prices are way out of line with other companies . And the only product they do any advertising for is their dental policy. I guess they are keeping it a secret they sell Medicare supplements . Their technology and processses are not at all updated. And they force their agents to hand deliver every policy . So I found myself driving an hour to deliver a dental policy that I maybe made a hundred bucks on. Again they try to spin it as a good thing but it is not their time and gas money . Just another company that over promises and under deliverers . And then blames you when things are not working without taking any responsibly for their own problems .
Cons
Outdated company with poor management
upper management was great, lower level management was lacking working with seniors during the day while my kids were in school was wonderful
Pros
company paid leads
Cons
leads expired
Job seekers rely on your experience.