Physicians Mutual
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Physicians Mutual Employee Reviews for Insurance Agent

This was a great team to work with. Everyone was encourage to work hard, collaborate and learn from each other. Weekly meetings were used to further agents knowledge of the insurance market.
I truly enjoy the Physicians culture. The office staff is always available for any questions or concerns. The managers are always encouraging and I have made some great friends working here.
Pros
work from home
Cons
When you join and you train you make a lot of money because they give you a percentage of the sale. Once you hit the 3 month mark they forget about you and don’t even answer your calls when you have a question. They have already moved on to the next person. Management sucks. They forget why you showed up to the office. Even though they scheduled the meeting.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Pays in Loans that Must be Paid Back! *Requiring a minimum amount of characters in these reviews is obviously going to skew the intention of the writer.
Pros
Cons
Everyting
Very nice and flexible. Remote meetings and self oaced. You get when you put into it. Friendly associates to work with and a fun positive environment.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
100+ outbound calls daily Appointment based for new business signed up Driving/walking neighborhoods for appointments Purchasing leads to maximize quality appointments No work/life balance
This company offered more leads than you could contact each month. Income was only limited by you willingness to work. This company was extremely competitive with all similar companies, which made getting referrals easy. This company would hire me back any time. I still keep in touch with several of the employees. Only left the company be cause of family issues back here in NJ.
if you dont pay for ads/you starve,no real training.scammed dental policy.1 year before any claims.no support group. pretty much sink or swim(they dont care no base salary)they are constantly looking for people to use.
Cons
no gas allowance
In my tenure I experienced constant favoritism throughout the department. If you want great pay, this is NOT the job for you! As a professional I believe that your pay should reflect your efforts and unfortunately this is not the case at this place. Keep looking for better! Good luck!
Pros
Decent base pay
Cons
Commissions were nothing compared to what you make them!
PMI is an awesome place to work. Management and training are awesome. I love meeting and helping people. They give you great leads and are there to help you every step of the way. They really want their people to succeed.
Pros
Great training/management
Cons
Home office is 2 hours away from me.
I would recommend this company to anyone. They train there employee and go out on appointments with new agents. leads are good and have been able to set appointments
Pros
making sales
Cons
Commission only
This company is great if you can afford to not have an income for several months while you get on your feet. This company is focused primarily on COLD CALLING so if you do not like cold calling stay away. The pay is decent, one your started.
Relaxing atmosphere with good management. Performed all basic CSR/Sales tasks. Occasionally, had to take calls that I couldn't make commission on but 85% of the calls were commissionable.
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
the walk to the building is a little long from parking lots
solicitation of prospect clients via mailings and telephone. Constantly in a training mode. Work with other agents regularly. Attend agent development meetings.
Pros
Leads provided, work own hours.
Cons
opportunities for sales.
hard to make a sale. requires door knocking cold calls and phone calls. felt uncomfortable meeting people in their homes as I didn't know of my safety.
This company provides a lot of resources to help you succeed, but you must be very motivated in order to be successful. You have to work at least 40 hours a week to succeed, and this includes doing your own prospecting. Company is very ethical and does what it says it will do.
You get paid as a contractor. Great people, lots of time in the car, you make your own hours. Lots of cold calling. 1099. Pay for your own advertisement.
Selling networking and referrals are the main goals.Clients and prospects turning 65 and looking for medical and financial guidance. Lots of door knocking, phone calls and meetings.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
commission based
Co-workers were very eager to help you accomplish job duties. Company had high revenue expectations and lack of commission to support this high revenue. People are replaced like nothing in this role.
Pros
Great insurance benefits
Cons
Time stringent and micro-managed
-I learned a lot about medicare and working with the aging population in regard to their financial health. -The training program was great, however the hardest part of the job was the cold-calling. I did not realize that we could buy our leads until after I had moved on to work for another company. I would have stayed had I checked into that beforehand. -Most enjoyable part was getting to see folks and help them map out their plans for Medicare. - I had not enough money to start it up; it takes money to make money. Make sure you have enough before you dive in.
Pros
Management is nice
Cons
The job itself is very challenging.
The atmosphere in office positive, encouraging, educational. The hardest part of job is its sales. If you don't sell a product, you don't get paid. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to breakdown complicated matters and being able to simplify for customers and provide Amazing products that will give people peace.
Pros
Helping people get needed policies.
Cons
Pay inconsistent