Physicians Mutual
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Physicians Mutual Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

favorite people got the best leads, which turned into bonus for them while many agents failed to have leads. This was unfair to the others. This is why there was always a turn over with agents. The products are good.
As an experienced agent who was looking to diversify, trying this company was a huge mistake. The leads are recycled and often non-viable, mandatory trainings are repetitive and redundant and consist mostly of a lot of cheerleading and of management patting themselves on the back. There is nothing exceptional about the Supplement plans that they market. Agents are encouraged to, and actually trained to, talk down on other companies. The papers is nearly impossible to wade through, and most of the policies you sell will be denied, which the company will then bill you for. This is quite literally the worst company I have ever worked for.... I could go on and on.
The recruiting manager will paint a pretty picture but not ask you if you have at least $10k in the bank to pay bills while your trying to get things going. You are required to be at the main office every Monday for unpaid training. The free lead system they had was old and out dated. If you like door knocking in todays society go for it. I sold over $500 in policies my 1st month and then when I quit because I could not afford to work for nothing, 5 months later I got a bill for the commissions I earned and had to pay it back to avoid being reported to collections and other insurance companies seeing that I owed back commissions. The policies I sold are still on the books as I know the clients. Shady recruiting practices to get you in the door.
Pros
Cons
Shady recruiting practices to get you in the door.
Never begin Look the other way Inadequate management Bad leads Work for free Low commissions and bonuses No benefits It is a big joke Big mistake Help I'm drowning Bad management
Cons
Flexible schedule; Nice people. All sales materials provided along with training and office use. Monthly sales meetings in Madison WI along with office availability as well.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Commision only pay
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Fun fast paced job. Great enviorement with a lot of opportunities to grow. The managers are great and so are the employees. Paid lunch and amazing food days.
Physicians Mutual Insurance Co. is a great opportunity to be an independent agent with as much support from the leadership as you are looking for. There is continuous training available and a competent and caring staff to help you reach all your goals. They have an A+ rating with notable insurance raters. Products are excellent, along with a solid financial rating. Meeting new people, helping people feel secure about their healthcare coverage, and protection for their investments, is the most rewarding piece of the job. Agents provided a postive work culture in order to help one another move up and reach their goals... I have learned that good insurance coverage provides great peace of mind...!
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
prospecting new clients can be a challenge
Overall very well run company. Very good training along with a very positive approach to become successful. Co-workers are very knowledgeable and extremely helpful.
Pros
Positive
Cons
Commisions
Great company and products to represent. Management will leave you alone unless you want training or help, then they are there in any capacity needed.
phone calls to potential clients. driving to clients houses. if you are not a night person or a good convincer over the phone then it was hard to get appts.
Pros
good people around the office
Cons
health care not an option
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Physicians Mutual?
Good place to work if you want to work in commissioned insurance. Remember that there is no floor to your salary, no job security. You can easily have a negative income. But this company is among the best, treating its people like adults. The atmosphere is not high pressure, nobody is asking agents to twist arms of do uncomfortable things. My managers were excellent. The company provides leads and does not require agents list their 300 closest friends to go milk for sales. You are selling mostly to senior citizens. I would still be working there if the company was able to market well in my area. No insurance company does that well in rural markets with no large town in the territory.
Pros
Leads provided, good culture.
Cons
No floor to your salary. Be prepared.
Great company, great people, need to work into the even. Good pay structure for commissions.