Physicians Mutual

Physicians Mutual Employee Reviews for Teleservice Representative

Physicians Mutual is a great place to work if you are very committed to doing the same job over and over. For some, advancement never comes even if they are promised it will. Morale in the call center at Physicians mutual is usually at an all time low. But There are great things about the company and that is the people. Most of the people you come in contact will will always be friendly and help. You can also never go wrong with the training team, they are some of the hardest working people there in my opinion.
The worst job I have ever had. Do not have one good thing to say. Do not waste your time. You will hate your life. Even the customers you talk to are crazy and you can hardly understand what they are saying. It was the most awful experience I have ever had.
the hardest part of the job is learning the different parts of the insurance policies and educating yourself on insurance and Medicare. The job itself is easy once you get use to the material. The training is incredibly fast paced. Management could use improvement in the dept i worked for. I learned a lot about insurance in general including Medicare. It definitely taught me key things to look for and pay attention to in the future.
This customer service position was rewarding in the aspect of customer interaction, but it was arduous for time management and adherence to performance metrics. The quality standards were achievable and fair, but the call volume was heavy, and the necessity for documentation of calls while on the phone with the insured to keep the average after-call time to 27 seconds or less, made it necessary for one to be an excellent multi-tasker. The position was part-time, and only the top performers for both quality and quantity were given an opportunity to go to full-time employment.
Pros
Interaction with customers
Cons
Heavy call volume and rigorous time-management metrics
I work the phones assisting members with their claims and understanding their policies. (Medicare Supplement). I learned how to plan for my retirement. Management was moved around a lot like most call centers. The co-workers were helpful as much as possible being on the phone. The hardest part was the salary were not very high and not a lot of incentive to gain more. The most enjoyable part is the job was very close to home.
Pros
The had a very nice food court.
Cons
thhe Salary did not icrease much...
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
My hours for this job are only 8 am-12 pm with good pay for only 4 hours. I have learned more about life, health and dental insurance by working at this company. My management is good but not great. I love working with my coworkers as they are all very nice and help out a lot. The hardest part of my job is talking to customers who are in such a hurry or don't want to receive calls from us that they can be rude. The most enjoyable part is when I make a customer's day so much easier by letting them know that everything with their policy is going to be okay.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, pay, and hours
Cons
No health insurance, not many PTO hours
Flexibility shifts. Great Training programs. Room to grow with in the Company. Very comfortable working environment and friendly co-workers. Great for mothers and Students.
Pros
Flexibility, Benifits
Cons
Couldn't take the job with me.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Physicians Mutual?
  1. Teleservice Representative