Physicians Mutual
59Below average

Physicians Mutual Employee Reviews

favorite people got the best leads, which turned into bonus for them while many agents failed to have leads. This was unfair to the others. This is why there was always a turn over with agents. The products are good.
Overall i did not feel they were there to benefit anyone but themselves , the management just wants to look good for upper management for bonuses, bad experience
When you join and you train you make a lot of money because they give you a percentage of the sale. Once you hit the 3 month mark they forget about you and don’t even answer your calls when you have a question. They have already moved on to the next person. Management sucks. They forget why you showed up to the office. Even though they scheduled the meeting.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
If you are new to insurance sales run the other way. The typical day was download new leads and make 50 to 75 dials per day. The product they wanted to sell was Medicare Supplement plans.
Pros
good training work from home
Cons
all commission
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
The company was good for what it is, but it isn't something that the average person can succeed at. You learn that only 2 of 100 new agents will make it past 2 years. That alone should tell you that it isn't for everyone. You are sold on 80-100K potential in your first year. Its possible, but not realistic. Even the best agents in their first year don't earn more than 40K. Free leads that they tell you about, really aren't work anything as most of them are current customers they want you to sell more stuff to, or people returning generic mail cards. The issue is they don't have very much brand recognition, therefore your customers question the company. Very limited product line. Med Supp is in my opinion the best in the market. Dental is average, life and annuity products are well below average. I did hit all my startup bonuses and was promoted to field trainer within 30 days. But still, the residuals are poor and it is not enough to keep me here.
Pros
work from home
Cons
commission only, very limited product line
Pays in Loans that Must be Paid Back! *Requiring a minimum amount of characters in these reviews is obviously going to skew the intention of the writer.
Pros
Cons
Everyting
Frankly, You can work your self to the bone for this company but if you don't have an 'in' with the right people (popularity on the call floor with management, leads and co-workers) you will not get anywhere. If you are liked by the right people, this could be a long lasting job. You won't move up to or past 'lead' for several years since people do not retire, they work until they are incompetent. There is a call center manager who is well known because "she used to be good, now she is just old and forgetful. Don't ask her." However if you are like most people and want to do their job and go home or are not catty and do not participate in drama, this won't work for you. The woman in charge of call center hiring and a Physician's Mutual top recognized employee and her boss, the woman directly under the VP of customer service, are both the definition of a passive aggressive mean girls. They both almost reminds me of Ms. Umbridge from Harry Potter. She seems sweet until you actually know her. Both of these women literally had me or my co-worker in tears at our desks at least once a quarter. We would have to go to a luncheon with them as a 'reward' for doing great work and getting recognized, we would hate it. It gave everyone anxiety. My bosses boss actually made fun of my co-workers shoes to the point she was in tears after a luncheon. All supervisors on the call floor pick and chose their favorites and gossip with them about other employees, even though they deny it.
Pros
Decent pay, bonus opportunities, breaks, beautiful campus
Cons
Management, healthcare
They pride themselves on not being the cheapest in the market but the reason they aren't the cheapest is to pay inflated salaries of people who have worked there for 20 years and won't leave so you can't move up. Very high turnover. Managers are clueless and out of touch and treat employees like children.
Very nice and flexible. Remote meetings and self oaced. You get when you put into it. Friendly associates to work with and a fun positive environment.
The best company I have ever worked for, hands down. Our CEO practices what he preaches with Delivering Happiness. Great Management who care for Employees. Everyone is more than happy to help each other. We realize we are all a part of something special right now.
Most managers lack field experience, therefore they cannot appreciate the effort that is necessary to succeed. They offer "plastic" responses and guidance.
100+ outbound calls daily Appointment based for new business signed up Driving/walking neighborhoods for appointments Purchasing leads to maximize quality appointments No work/life balance
Company is flexible and pay is commission only. Management is willing to help, but the leads aren't as good as expected. It takes awhile to build up clients and you really need to have time to be able to do that.
The worst job I have ever had. Do not have one good thing to say. Do not waste your time. You will hate your life. Even the customers you talk to are crazy and you can hardly understand what they are saying. It was the most awful experience I have ever had.
Company is focused on giving back to the community. Company is also interested in the well being of their employees. opportunity for senior level management limited
As an experienced agent who was looking to diversify, trying this company was a huge mistake. The leads are recycled and often non-viable, mandatory trainings are repetitive and redundant and consist mostly of a lot of cheerleading and of management patting themselves on the back. There is nothing exceptional about the Supplement plans that they market. Agents are encouraged to, and actually trained to, talk down on other companies. The papers is nearly impossible to wade through, and most of the policies you sell will be denied, which the company will then bill you for. This is quite literally the worst company I have ever worked for.... I could go on and on.
This company offered more leads than you could contact each month. Income was only limited by you willingness to work. This company was extremely competitive with all similar companies, which made getting referrals easy. This company would hire me back any time. I still keep in touch with several of the employees. Only left the company be cause of family issues back here in NJ.
Management was very cheap . Very old school practices. I wouldn’t recommend physician mutual. My supervisor didn’t trust his employees to manage their own time, and he was very controlling. Specially in the use of office supply .If you complain they won’t fix the problem. Instead they will tell you you can find another job. I have worked a lot places but that was the worst experience in my Life l
I was not with Physicians very long at all... only due to personal life reasons. However, I WISH I could continue my career with them right now. You have 100% control over your career here, because you are an INDEPENDENT Agent. You make your schedule. You control how quickly you learn. You have 100% flexibility with all the support you could ever imagine. The leaders here are outstanding. They truly are there for you - whether you need their time or more resources. You should be able to survive off of the leads they provide. But you also have the option of purchasing more if need be.
Pros
free resources, free materials, support, training, flexibility
Cons
it takes time to build your business
Excellent but limited product line. Superior customer service. Price is an issue. Great training. Paid weekly with superior advance system designed to help a new agent succeed. If you meet the production requirements you will bonus. Plan on working 5-6 days a week and 50 to 60 hours. Lots of time spent looking up information for leads and calling on the telephone.
Pros
Good Company to work for.
Cons
Long hours.
The company truly cares about their employees and customers. All of the managers try to do everything they can to make sure employees feel comfortable and have a competitive pay.
  1. Employee Reviews