Physicians Mutual
68Average

Physicians Mutual Culture reviews

United States135 reviews
Productive environment and independence.
This was a great team to work with. Everyone was encourage to work hard, collaborate and learn from each other. Weekly meetings were used to further agents knowledge of the insurance market.
Unique opportunity as an insurance company. I had a 99% closing ratio
This company offered more leads than you could contact each month. Income was only limited by you willingness to work. This company was extremely competitive with all similar companies, which made getting referrals easy. This company would hire me back any time. I still keep in touch with several of the employees. Only left the company be cause of family issues back here in NJ.
Caring Company
The company truly cares about their employees and customers. All of the managers try to do everything they can to make sure employees feel comfortable and have a competitive pay.
Nice office and good agents. Good training for agents.
Agents are given thorough training including field training. The support staff is second to none given their dedication to helping agents and creating a supportive culture.
Worst decision of my career
Office location was OK - work equipment very dated.
Attendance policy was not enforced for ALL employees.

Some Management was unfair, biased, and unethical.

Repeatedly hostile and offensive work environment.
Annual increases were a joke and past due by months.

Pay was well-below industry average/competition.

Many Managers showed favoritism for certain employees.

Benefit costs and choices were average.

PTO was accrued hourly and not competitive.
Pros
Location, Free lunches, casual Fridays
Cons
Management, corporate structure, pay, unreasonable expectations
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Great company
I would have loved to stay, it only paid commission only. If I could have had a set salary, I would still be there. The management was awesome and the training was great.
Pros
great listeners
Cons
you work independently
Very fun place to work. Management is great.
PMI is an awesome place to work. Management and training are awesome. I love meeting and helping people. They give you great leads and are there to help you every step of the way. They really want their people to succeed.
Pros
Great training/management
Cons
Home office is 2 hours away from me.
Best job I've ever had!
Excellent training! Managers who are available all the time. Amazing support staff. Best products and customer service. Wonderful recognition and support. They make you feel valuable and involved and make sure you have the best training in the industry.
Pros
Amazing training
Stressful environment low morale.
The training at Physicians Mutual in my position as a Claims Examiner was well below standard. There was not enough staff for the workload, and management was not open to change.
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Training
Great place to work for
Physicians mutual is a great place to work for, You are always busy helping customers. Management is very helpful. Bonus are given monthly to reward you for doing a great job.
Wonderful opportunity to learn Agile
Work Culture at PMIC is very good. As a Student they will encourage students to learn all possible technologies. Wonderful staffs and co workers. Great place to work
Great place to work. Very relaxed environment. Agents are Great! Pay is excellent, recruiting is a must. Great place to work. Pay is good. Slow paces.
Started here 19 years ago and never plan to leave
I began working at Physicians Mutual in 1999 thinking it would help pay the bills for a few years until I found what I really wanted to do. The family culture and management is great. I still enjoy getting up and coming to work. My coworkers work with me in a collaborative fashion and people truly want to see you succeed ... I will work here until I retire. Do yourself a favor and apply at Physicians Mutual!
Pros
Mutual company, so decisions are made to benefit the business...not stockholders
Great friendly atmosphere to work in. Some days are fast pace and stressfull although I handle it well.
Love the job. Just need extra money for bills going up. Plan on staying at Physicians until I retire. It is a fun place to work. Get along with everyone. Have learned to deal with customers with a good attitude. Able to handle angry customers very well.
Pros
Company Family days, Jeans months, Employee appreciation days and Chritmas parties.
Cons
My only complaint is I would like a longer lunch time.
Awesome Company
Great family atmosphere. Opportunity for growth and advancement. Strong commitment to excellence. Get rewarded for your hard work. Leadership truly listens to its employees.
Reliable Insurance Company
Family culture, many different ways to get involved. Experienced leadership team who care for all employees. One of the more respected aspects of the company is the average tenure of employees. It is not uncommon to see employees with over 40 years of service
The management is extremely supportive and they provide you with all of the assistance and training that you need. The agents and the office staff are all nice to work with. They are always willing to help you out and provide assistance when needed.
Too long ago to provide an adequate current evaluation.
The building needs some work. The work space is crowded and cluttered. The people are very nice and they have wonderful benefits.
They also offer and support employee development.
Best Products in the industry
For the right person in the right situation this is a great company to work for. Everyone I met here, from the local manager to the president of the company can not be better people.
Pros
Training and follow up
Cons
Very competitive industry
all in all a great place to work and grow professionally
Physicians Mutual Insurance Co. is a great opportunity to be an independent agent with as much support from the leadership as you are looking for.
There is continuous training available and a competent and caring staff to help you reach all your goals.

They have an A+ rating with notable insurance raters. Products are excellent, along with a solid financial rating. Meeting new people, helping people feel secure about their healthcare coverage, and protection for their investments, is the most rewarding piece of the job.

Agents provided a postive work culture in order to help one another move up and reach their goals...
I have learned that good insurance coverage provides great peace of mind...!
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
prospecting new clients can be a challenge
n/a
Great place to work great atmosphere and management team. The culture was more like a family and they really showed the employees great appreciation for all their hard work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Physicians Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight