Physicians Mutual Culture reviews

Worst decision of my career
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 31, 2018
Office location was OK - work equipment very dated.
Attendance policy was not enforced for ALL employees.
Some Management was unfair, biased, and unethical.
Repeatedly hostile and offensive work environment.
Annual increases were a joke and past due by months.
Pay was well-below industry average/competition.
Many Managers showed favoritism for certain employees.
Benefit costs and choices were average.
PTO was accrued hourly and not competitive.
Pros
Location, Free lunches, casual Fridays
Cons
Management, corporate structure, pay, unreasonable expectations
Great company
Agent/Salesman (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOOctober 3, 2018
I would have loved to stay, it only paid commission only. If I could have had a set salary, I would still be there. The management was awesome and the training was great.
Pros
great listeners
Cons
you work independently
Very fun place to work. Management is great.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 31, 2018
PMI is an awesome place to work. Management and training are awesome. I love meeting and helping people. They give you great leads and are there to help you every step of the way. They really want their people to succeed.
Pros
Great training/management
Cons
Home office is 2 hours away from me.
Best job I've ever had!
Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 12, 2018
Excellent training! Managers who are available all the time. Amazing support staff. Best products and customer service. Wonderful recognition and support. They make you feel valuable and involved and make sure you have the best training in the industry.
Pros
Amazing training
Great place to work for
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 31, 2018
Physicians mutual is a great place to work for, You are always busy helping customers. Management is very helpful. Bonus are given monthly to reward you for doing a great job.
Wonderful opportunity to learn Agile
Automation Test Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 30, 2018
Work Culture at PMIC is very good. As a Student they will encourage students to learn all possible technologies. Wonderful staffs and co workers. Great place to work
Division Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Great place to work. Very relaxed environment. Agents are Great! Pay is excellent, recruiting is a must. Great place to work. Pay is good. Slow paces.
Started here 19 years ago and never plan to leave
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 29, 2017
I began working at Physicians Mutual in 1999 thinking it would help pay the bills for a few years until I found what I really wanted to do. The family culture and management is great. I still enjoy getting up and coming to work. My coworkers work with me in a collaborative fashion and people truly want to see you succeed ... I will work here until I retire. Do yourself a favor and apply at Physicians Mutual!
Pros
Mutual company, so decisions are made to benefit the business...not stockholders
Great friendly atmosphere to work in. Some days are fast pace and stressfull although I handle it well.
Health Issue Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 2, 2017
Love the job. Just need extra money for bills going up. Plan on staying at Physicians until I retire. It is a fun place to work. Get along with everyone. Have learned to deal with customers with a good attitude. Able to handle angry customers very well.
Pros
Company Family days, Jeans months, Employee appreciation days and Chritmas parties.
Cons
My only complaint is I would like a longer lunch time.
Awesome Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 1, 2017
Great family atmosphere. Opportunity for growth and advancement. Strong commitment to excellence. Get rewarded for your hard work. Leadership truly listens to its employees.
Reliable Insurance Company
Asset Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 1, 2017
Family culture, many different ways to get involved. Experienced leadership team who care for all employees. One of the more respected aspects of the company is the average tenure of employees. It is not uncommon to see employees with over 40 years of service
Another corporate entity
Inbound Teleservices Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 23, 2017
Physicians Mutual is a great place to work if you are very committed to doing the same job over and over. For some, advancement never comes even if they are promised it will. Morale in the call center at Physicians mutual is usually at an all time low. But There are great things about the company and that is the people. Most of the people you come in contact will will always be friendly and help. You can also never go wrong with the training team, they are some of the hardest working people there in my opinion.
Too long ago to provide an adequate current evaluation.
Licensing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 7, 2017
The building needs some work. The work space is crowded and cluttered. The people are very nice and they have wonderful benefits.
They also offer and support employee development.
Best Products in the industry
Licensed Insurance Producer/Field Trainer (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 25, 2017
For the right person in the right situation this is a great company to work for. Everyone I met here, from the local manager to the president of the company can not be better people.
Pros
Training and follow up
Cons
Very competitive industry
all in all a great place to work and grow professionally
Sales agent for Health and Life, and recuriter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 21, 2017
Physicians Mutual Insurance Co. is a great opportunity to be an independent agent with as much support from the leadership as you are looking for.
There is continuous training available and a competent and caring staff to help you reach all your goals.

They have an A+ rating with notable insurance raters. Products are excellent, along with a solid financial rating. Meeting new people, helping people feel secure about their healthcare coverage, and protection for their investments, is the most rewarding piece of the job.
Agents provided a postive work culture in order to help one another move up and reach their goals...
I have learned that good insurance coverage provides great peace of mind...!
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
prospecting new clients can be a challenge
n/a
Telesales Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 30, 2017
Great place to work great atmosphere and management team. The culture was more like a family and they really showed the employees great appreciation for all their hard work.
Telesales Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 14, 2017
Great place to work. Very low pressure sales. Easy systems to learn. Management is great at encouraging you to reach your best potential. Wonderful staff of coworkers who are all fun and push you to be your best self.
Independent broker and agent working in sales and providing customer service for clients
Licensed Broker/Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 23, 2017
1099 Employee

Day is driven by personal goals

workplace culture is mutually supported

typical week begins with a great sales meeting

helping each other moves you forward

the company overall believes in this
Pros
self employed, company support
Great Company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 4, 2016
Overall very well run company. Very good training along with a very positive approach to become successful. Co-workers are very knowledgeable and extremely helpful.
Pros
Positive
Cons
Commisions
Very old school in treating employees.
Supervisor, Records Services (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 1, 2015
The culture is that everyone can be replaced and meeting budgets is more important than helping the employees grow and succeed.
Cons
management style

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Physicians Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight