Physicians Mutual
59Below average

Physicians Mutual Job Security & Advancement reviews

Company is focused on giving back to the community. Company is also interested in the well being of their employees. opportunity for senior level management limited
Most managers lack field experience, therefore they cannot appreciate the effort that is necessary to succeed. They offer "plastic" responses and guidance.
This company offered more leads than you could contact each month. Income was only limited by you willingness to work. This company was extremely competitive with all similar companies, which made getting referrals easy. This company would hire me back any time. I still keep in touch with several of the employees. Only left the company be cause of family issues back here in NJ.
I was not with Physicians very long at all... only due to personal life reasons. However, I WISH I could continue my career with them right now. You have 100% control over your career here, because you are an INDEPENDENT Agent. You make your schedule. You control how quickly you learn. You have 100% flexibility with all the support you could ever imagine. The leaders here are outstanding. They truly are there for you - whether you need their time or more resources. You should be able to survive off of the leads they provide. But you also have the option of purchasing more if need be.
Pros
free resources, free materials, support, training, flexibility
Cons
it takes time to build your business
Leave a review. Help people like you.
The promises of leads and number of customers before hiring dramatically reduced upon hire. 3 months after signing up a manager showed up but prior to that is was frustrating.
The new Agency Manager followed me around the office insulted everything I did and was incredibly demeaning and rude. Nothing was ever good enough. He admitted to being OCD, but a lot worse was going on in that noggin. Agents began to quit, right after he arrived. He also talked fast, moved fast, and was constantly sweating profusely....figure that one out on your own....
Big company with a small company feel. Physicians Mutual truly cares about its agents and employees. Physicians Mutual has a great on boarding and training program.
I began working at Physicians Mutual in 1999 thinking it would help pay the bills for a few years until I found what I really wanted to do. The family culture and management is great. I still enjoy getting up and coming to work. My coworkers work with me in a collaborative fashion and people truly want to see you succeed ... I will work here until I retire. Do yourself a favor and apply at Physicians Mutual!
Pros
Mutual company, so decisions are made to benefit the business...not stockholders
Prior to joining Physicians Mutual I developed a number of non-negotiable characteristics for my next preferred career opportunity and was very selective about the company I was going to align my career with. Physicians Mutual initially met and exceeded those characteristics and continue to do so after my first two years with the company. Finding a solid match like this is challenging to do in our contemporary business climate. I am blessed to be with this organization and proud to represent this company and the meaningful, worthwhile work that we do every day!
Great family atmosphere. Opportunity for growth and advancement. Strong commitment to excellence. Get rewarded for your hard work. Leadership truly listens to its employees.
A lot of responsibility and ball to keep in the air. Challenging position but also is can be rewarding. Lots of independence depending on your manager
benefits
Cons
a lot
Physicians Mutual has a great work environment with a great many terrific coworkers. However, there are a number of managers that make working there challenging. Avoid those few, and you can expect to work there, and want to work there, until you retire.
Pros
Small business atmosphere, relaxed work environment, terrific building and grounds
Cons
Mid-level managers
Physicians Mutual is a great place to work if you are very committed to doing the same job over and over. For some, advancement never comes even if they are promised it will. Morale in the call center at Physicians mutual is usually at an all time low. But There are great things about the company and that is the people. Most of the people you come in contact will will always be friendly and help. You can also never go wrong with the training team, they are some of the hardest working people there in my opinion.
The building needs some work. The work space is crowded and cluttered. The people are very nice and they have wonderful benefits. They also offer and support employee development.
For the right person in the right situation this is a great company to work for. Everyone I met here, from the local manager to the president of the company can not be better people.
Pros
Training and follow up
Cons
Very competitive industry
IF you produce you are a star If you cannot you will be poor very quickly In depth training Able to learn the insurance industry Must be self disciplined to succeed
Pros
Opportuniy
Cons
No security
Excellent opportunity to excel if one tries. Set your own hours and achieve work/life balance. Great opportunity for personal growth. Prospecting opportunities may be limited if effort is lacking.
Pros
Innovative products
Cons
Limited product line
1099 Employee Day is driven by personal goals workplace culture is mutually supported typical week begins with a great sales meeting helping each other moves you forward the company overall believes in this
Pros
self employed, company support
Lots of support from upper management and overall team support from colleagues Great place to work good people to work with, excellent company reputation and financial status ! The agents have genuine concern for their clients and great Products to offer them during their retirement years. Lots of bonuses can be made to increase your income. They also offer lots of training sessions to increase your knowledge on the various products they offer . It helps to have an outgoing friendly personality and willingness to help your fellow agents. The office staff is dedicated to insuring your success and make every effort to assist you with all of your administrative needs!
Pros
This is a great long-term investment type career.
Cons
Your success fluctuates with the economy!
Physicians Mutual was a decent place to work, but I did not feel there was much room for advancement for me. Co-workers were fairly friendly. The pay could have been better.
Pros
I felt that the atmosphere was fairly friendly.
Cons
Low pay, short lunches. Only 1 week vacation for first year.
Amazing place to work. They are all about family and the work life balance and offer a flexible schedule. The pay is comparable to other corporate companies. Benefits are what they are now days, no insurance is going to be like it was and Aetna is just fine. There is really no advancement opportunities here though, you are where you are unless you want to make a lateral move to another area.
Pros
work-family balance, family-like departments, lots of employee engagement activities, lots of philanthropic work
Cons
health coverage, no advancement opportunities
  1. Job Security & Advancement