Physicians Mutual
68Average

Physicians Mutual Management reviews

United States135 reviews
Flexible
Company is flexible and pay is commission only. Management is willing to help, but the leads aren't as good as expected. It takes awhile to build up clients and you really need to have time to be able to do that.
Best Company to Work in Omaha
The best company I have ever worked for, hands down. Our CEO practices what he preaches with Delivering Happiness. Great Management who care for Employees. Everyone is more than happy to help each other. We realize we are all a part of something special right now.
Bad company to work for treated poorly on every level.
The worst job I have ever had. Do not have one good thing to say. Do not waste your time. You will hate your life. Even the customers you talk to are crazy and you can hardly understand what they are saying. It was the most awful experience I have ever had.
stable company
Company is focused on giving back to the community. Company is also interested in the well being of their employees. opportunity for senior level management limited
Terrible Company
As an experienced agent who was looking to diversify, trying this company was a huge mistake. The leads are recycled and often non-viable, mandatory trainings are repetitive and redundant and consist mostly of a lot of cheerleading and of management patting themselves on the back. There is nothing exceptional about the Supplement plans that they market. Agents are encouraged to, and actually trained to, talk down on other companies. The papers is nearly impossible to wade through, and most of the policies you sell will be denied, which the company will then bill you for. This is quite literally the worst company I have ever worked for.... I could go on and on.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Cheap management
Management was very cheap . Very old school practices. I wouldn’t recommend physician mutual. My supervisor didn’t trust his employees to manage their own time, and he was very controlling. Specially in the use of office supply .If you complain they won’t fix the problem. Instead they will tell you you can find another job. I have worked a lot places but that was the worst experience in my Life l
Caring Company
The company truly cares about their employees and customers. All of the managers try to do everything they can to make sure employees feel comfortable and have a competitive pay.
Pruductive Work Place
This company tends to micromanage their employees quite a bit causing a lot of stress on their employees. Employees are not allowed to leave their desk to get breakfast in the morning or to get a glass of water or a soda in the cafeteria outside of their break and lunch times.
Don't work there
Does not care about call center employees. You are just a number. Production standards are completely ridiculous... They need to look at why the turnover is so high
Do not work here!
The new Agency Manager followed me around the office insulted everything I did and was incredibly demeaning and rude. Nothing was ever good enough. He admitted to being OCD, but a lot worse was going on in that noggin. Agents began to quit, right after he arrived.

He also talked fast, moved fast, and was constantly sweating profusely....figure that one out on your own....
nice people
if you dont pay for ads/you starve,no real training.scammed dental policy.1 year before any claims.no support group. pretty much sink or swim(they dont care no base salary)they are constantly looking for people to use.
Cons
no gas allowance
Caring and Understanding management
I worked at both the home office and their print shop. The management at the home office seemed a little too stern at times, lot of brown nosing. The print shop management seemed to understand our personal needs more so than corporate. Still a great company.
Worst decision of my career
Office location was OK - work equipment very dated.
Attendance policy was not enforced for ALL employees.

Some Management was unfair, biased, and unethical.
Repeatedly hostile and offensive work environment.

Annual increases were a joke and past due by months.

Pay was well-below industry average/competition.

Many Managers showed favoritism for certain employees.

Benefit costs and choices were average.

PTO was accrued hourly and not competitive.
Pros
Location, Free lunches, casual Fridays
Cons
Management, corporate structure, pay, unreasonable expectations
Great company
I would have loved to stay, it only paid commission only. If I could have had a set salary, I would still be there. The management was awesome and the training was great.
Pros
great listeners
Cons
you work independently
Very Professional Company
Busy environment, lots of call volumn and variety. Good salary and possibility of commission. Nice people. Offer good service and good products. Management is good to their staff.
Very fun place to work. Management is great.
PMI is an awesome place to work. Management and training are awesome. I love meeting and helping people. They give you great leads and are there to help you every step of the way. They really want their people to succeed.
Pros
Great training/management
Cons
Home office is 2 hours away from me.
Horrific

Big mistake

Help I'm drowning

Bad management
Cons
Stressful environment low morale.
The training at Physicians Mutual in my position as a Claims Examiner was well below standard. There was not enough staff for the workload, and management was not open to change.
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Training
A Good Place To Work
Relaxing atmosphere with good management. Performed all basic CSR/Sales tasks. Occasionally, had to take calls that I couldn't make commission on but 85% of the calls were commissionable.
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
the walk to the building is a little long from parking lots
Horrible experience
This company was very disorganized and did not live up to the promises it made. They push their agents to sell Medicare supplements but probably 90% of the leads they give you is for their dental policy.

They spin it that you want to use the dental policy to get in the door to sell Medicare supplements but most people don’t qualify or their prices are way out of line with other companies . And the only product they do any advertising for is their dental policy. I guess they are keeping it a secret they sell Medicare supplements .

Their technology and processses are not at all updated. And they force their agents to hand deliver every policy . So I found myself driving an hour to deliver a dental policy that I maybe made a hundred bucks on. Again they try to spin it as a good thing but it is not their time and gas money .

Just another company that over promises and under deliverers . And then blames you when things are not working without taking any responsibly for their own problems .
Cons
Outdated company with poor management
Great place to work for
Physicians mutual is a great place to work for, You are always busy helping customers. Management is very helpful. Bonus are given monthly to reward you for doing a great job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Physicians Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight