Physicians Mutual Management reviews

Worst decision of my career
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 31, 2018
Office location was OK - work equipment very dated.
Attendance policy was not enforced for ALL employees.
Some Management was unfair, biased, and unethical.
Repeatedly hostile and offensive work environment.
Annual increases were a joke and past due by months.
Pay was well-below industry average/competition.
Many Managers showed favoritism for certain employees.
Benefit costs and choices were average.
PTO was accrued hourly and not competitive.
Pros
Location, Free lunches, casual Fridays
Cons
Management, corporate structure, pay, unreasonable expectations
Great company
Agent/Salesman (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOOctober 3, 2018
I would have loved to stay, it only paid commission only. If I could have had a set salary, I would still be there. The management was awesome and the training was great.
Pros
great listeners
Cons
you work independently
Very Professional Company
Agency Field Service Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68131September 11, 2018
Busy environment, lots of call volumn and variety. Good salary and possibility of commission. Nice people. Offer good service and good products. Management is good to their staff.
Very fun place to work. Management is great.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 31, 2018
PMI is an awesome place to work. Management and training are awesome. I love meeting and helping people. They give you great leads and are there to help you every step of the way. They really want their people to succeed.
Pros
Great training/management
Cons
Home office is 2 hours away from me.
Horrific
Big mistake
Help I'm drowning
Bad management
Cons
Stressful environment low morale.
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 1, 2018
The training at Physicians Mutual in my position as a Claims Examiner was well below standard. There was not enough staff for the workload, and management was not open to change.
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Training
A Good Place To Work
Life Ins Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 2, 2018
Relaxing atmosphere with good management. Performed all basic CSR/Sales tasks. Occasionally, had to take calls that I couldn't make commission on but 85% of the calls were commissionable.
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
the walk to the building is a little long from parking lots
Horrible experience
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 18, 2018
This company was very disorganized and did not live up to the promises it made. They push their agents to sell Medicare supplements but probably 90% of the leads they give you is for their dental policy.

They spin it that you want to use the dental policy to get in the door to sell Medicare supplements but most people don’t qualify or their prices are way out of line with other companies . And the only product they do any advertising for is their dental policy. I guess they are keeping it a secret they sell Medicare supplements .

Their technology and processses are not at all updated. And they force their agents to hand deliver every policy . So I found myself driving an hour to deliver a dental policy that I maybe made a hundred bucks on. Again they try to spin it as a good thing but it is not their time and gas money .

Just another company that over promises and under deliverers . And then blames you when things are not working without taking any responsibly for their own problems .
Cons
Outdated company with poor management
Great place to work for
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 31, 2018
Physicians mutual is a great place to work for, You are always busy helping customers. Management is very helpful. Bonus are given monthly to reward you for doing a great job.
Started here 19 years ago and never plan to leave
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 29, 2017
I began working at Physicians Mutual in 1999 thinking it would help pay the bills for a few years until I found what I really wanted to do. The family culture and management is great. I still enjoy getting up and coming to work. My coworkers work with me in a collaborative fashion and people truly want to see you succeed ... I will work here until I retire. Do yourself a favor and apply at Physicians Mutual!
Pros
Mutual company, so decisions are made to benefit the business...not stockholders
Competitive environment
Telesales Insurances Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 25, 2017
Co-workers were very eager to help you accomplish job duties.
Company had high revenue expectations and lack of commission to support this high revenue.

People are replaced like nothing in this role.
Pros
Great insurance benefits
Cons
Time stringent and micro-managed
Physician's Mutual
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2017
-I learned a lot about medicare and working with the aging population in regard to their financial health.
-The training program was great, however the hardest part of the job was the cold-calling. I did not realize that we could buy our leads until after I had moved on to work for another company. I would have stayed had I checked into that beforehand.
-Most enjoyable part was getting to see folks and help them map out their plans for Medicare.
- I had not enough money to start it up; it takes money to make money. Make sure you have enough before you dive in.
Pros
Management is nice
Cons
The job itself is very challenging.
Reliable Insurance Company
Asset Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 1, 2017
Family culture, many different ways to get involved. Experienced leadership team who care for all employees. One of the more respected aspects of the company is the average tenure of employees. It is not uncommon to see employees with over 40 years of service
Insurance Agent (Licensed in IA, NE & KS) (Current Employee) –  Silver City, IASeptember 1, 2017
The management is extremely supportive and they provide you with all of the assistance and training that you need. The agents and the office staff are all nice to work with. They are always willing to help you out and provide assistance when needed.
high paced job with lots of benefits
Inbound Teleservices Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 2, 2017
the hardest part of the job is learning the different parts of the insurance policies and educating yourself on insurance and Medicare. The job itself is easy once you get use to the material. The training is incredibly fast paced. Management could use improvement in the dept i worked for. I learned a lot about insurance in general including Medicare. It definitely taught me key things to look for and pay attention to in the future.
n/a
Telesales Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 30, 2017
Great place to work great atmosphere and management team. The culture was more like a family and they really showed the employees great appreciation for all their hard work.
Telesales Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 14, 2017
Great place to work. Very low pressure sales. Easy systems to learn. Management is great at encouraging you to reach your best potential. Wonderful staff of coworkers who are all fun and push you to be your best self.
Difficult work environment and little interaction with co-workers
Inbound Teleservice Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 8, 2017
This customer service position was rewarding in the aspect of customer interaction, but it was arduous for time management and adherence to performance metrics. The quality standards were achievable and fair, but the call volume was heavy, and the necessity for documentation of calls while on the phone with the insured to keep the average after-call time to 27 seconds or less, made it necessary for one to be an excellent multi-tasker. The position was part-time, and only the top performers for both quality and quantity were given an opportunity to go to full-time employment.
Pros
Interaction with customers
Cons
Heavy call volume and rigorous time-management metrics
Supportive fun professional atmosphere !
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 6, 2017
Lots of support from upper management and overall team support from colleagues Great place to work good people to work with, excellent company reputation and financial status ! The agents have genuine concern for their clients and great Products to offer them during their retirement years. Lots of bonuses can be made to increase your income. They also offer lots of training sessions to increase your knowledge on the various products they offer . It helps to have an outgoing friendly personality and willingness to help your fellow agents. The office staff is dedicated to insuring your success and make every effort to assist you with all of your administrative needs!
Pros
This is a great long-term investment type career.
Cons
Your success fluctuates with the economy!
Meh
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 22, 2016
When I first started it was a enjoyable job. The last three years got bad. The expectations got to be to much. When Management changed so did everything else. You can't take time off at all for Doctors appointments you need to use your vacation time. Turnover has become very high. Benefits are okay. They use to give a Chrisrmas bonus but they took it away.
Pros
No weekends or Holidays
Cons
Under paid overworked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Physicians Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight