Physicians Mutual

Physicians Mutual Pay & Benefits reviews

Company is flexible and pay is commission only. Management is willing to help, but the leads aren't as good as expected. It takes awhile to build up clients and you really need to have time to be able to do that.
Pays in Loans that Must be Paid Back! *Requiring a minimum amount of characters in these reviews is obviously going to skew the intention of the writer.
Pros
Cons
Everyting
Survival of the fittest. If you want to succeed..plan on working 100 hours a week. IF you want to live...200 hours a week. There are better jobs, with benefits and good compensation. Commission was not for me!
if you dont pay for ads/you starve,no real training.scammed dental policy.1 year before any claims.no support group. pretty much sink or swim(they dont care no base salary)they are constantly looking for people to use.
Cons
no gas allowance
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
In my tenure I experienced constant favoritism throughout the department. If you want great pay, this is NOT the job for you! As a professional I believe that your pay should reflect your efforts and unfortunately this is not the case at this place. Keep looking for better! Good luck!
Pros
Decent base pay
Cons
Commissions were nothing compared to what you make them!
If you are fine working on only commission you would do fine here. Their training on their products is very good. Beware if you do leave they will send you a bill for about half the commissions you were paid. You are a self-employed contractor so there are no employee benefits for health insurance, etc. You can make great money here but you want to have enough saved to actually live on for quite a while as it takes time to build up your book of business.
Pros
Good product training
Cons
Hard to live on commission-only
I would have loved to stay, it only paid commission only. If I could have had a set salary, I would still be there. The management was awesome and the training was great.
Pros
great listeners
Cons
you work independently
Busy environment, lots of call volumn and variety. Good salary and possibility of commission. Nice people. Offer good service and good products. Management is good to their staff.
Never begin Look the other way Inadequate management Bad leads Work for free Low commissions and bonuses No benefits It is a big joke Big mistake Help I'm drowning Bad management
Cons
Relaxing atmosphere with good management. Performed all basic CSR/Sales tasks. Occasionally, had to take calls that I couldn't make commission on but 85% of the calls were commissionable.
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
the walk to the building is a little long from parking lots
You get paid as a contractor. Great people, lots of time in the car, you make your own hours. Lots of cold calling. 1099. Pay for your own advertisement.
Flexible hours allowed me time with my family, but also was able to make a great living selling in-demand products. Manager and office staff want to see you succeed.
Pros
Great hours, great earning potential
We get to speak with a lot of different customers about their insurance policies, and get new customers to convert to get life or dental insurance. The people that work there really make it worth while, I have great relationships with my coworkers
A lot of responsibility and ball to keep in the air. Challenging position but also is can be rewarding. Lots of independence depending on your manager
benefits
Cons
a lot
Co-workers were very eager to help you accomplish job duties. Company had high revenue expectations and lack of commission to support this high revenue. People are replaced like nothing in this role.
Pros
Great insurance benefits
Cons
Time stringent and micro-managed
Flexible schedule; Nice people. All sales materials provided along with training and office use. Monthly sales meetings in Madison WI along with office availability as well.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Commision only pay
Made them lots of money for little compensation for me Very time stringent Very high goals make it necessary to stay focused 24/7 to make "Goal: Goals and expectations change all the time and are very hard to reach
Pros
Great people
Cons
lack of money vs ANBP I made them
The building needs some work. The work space is crowded and cluttered. The people are very nice and they have wonderful benefits. They also offer and support employee development.
Products truly take care of the policyholder ensuring their financial security and health. Annuities, cancer, dental, medicare supplement policies are the main products; end of life is their newest product.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
limited growth opportunity
Physicians Mutual was a decent place to work, but I did not feel there was much room for advancement for me. Co-workers were fairly friendly. The pay could have been better.
Pros
I felt that the atmosphere was fairly friendly.
Cons
Low pay, short lunches. Only 1 week vacation for first year.
We work on commissions sales commissions dental Medicare life insurance hours are flexible a real good company to work for the rounds is 1902 and they are class a pause in every category