Physicians Mutual
59Below average

Physicians Mutual Work-Life Balance reviews

Company is focused on giving back to the community. Company is also interested in the well being of their employees. opportunity for senior level management limited
When you join and you train you make a lot of money because they give you a percentage of the sale. Once you hit the 3 month mark they forget about you and don’t even answer your calls when you have a question. They have already moved on to the next person. Management sucks. They forget why you showed up to the office. Even though they scheduled the meeting.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
If you are new to insurance sales run the other way. The typical day was download new leads and make 50 to 75 dials per day. The product they wanted to sell was Medicare Supplement plans.
Pros
good training work from home
Cons
all commission
100+ outbound calls daily Appointment based for new business signed up Driving/walking neighborhoods for appointments Purchasing leads to maximize quality appointments No work/life balance
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I was not with Physicians very long at all... only due to personal life reasons. However, I WISH I could continue my career with them right now. You have 100% control over your career here, because you are an INDEPENDENT Agent. You make your schedule. You control how quickly you learn. You have 100% flexibility with all the support you could ever imagine. The leaders here are outstanding. They truly are there for you - whether you need their time or more resources. You should be able to survive off of the leads they provide. But you also have the option of purchasing more if need be.
Pros
free resources, free materials, support, training, flexibility
Cons
it takes time to build your business
Excellent but limited product line. Superior customer service. Price is an issue. Great training. Paid weekly with superior advance system designed to help a new agent succeed. If you meet the production requirements you will bonus. Plan on working 5-6 days a week and 50 to 60 hours. Lots of time spent looking up information for leads and calling on the telephone.
Pros
Good Company to work for.
Cons
Long hours.
The company truly cares about their employees and customers. All of the managers try to do everything they can to make sure employees feel comfortable and have a competitive pay.
This was a great team to work with. Everyone was encourage to work hard, collaborate and learn from each other. Weekly meetings were used to further agents knowledge of the insurance market.
my day starts with making phone calls to potential clients, setting an apptoitment to meet with them in person to get to no them and what their needs are. then go meet the person and talk about their situation and needs for insurance.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
no garauntees making a sale and paying for expenses
hard to make a sale. requires door knocking cold calls and phone calls. felt uncomfortable meeting people in their homes as I didn't know of my safety.
Big company with a small company feel. Physicians Mutual truly cares about its agents and employees. Physicians Mutual has a great on boarding and training program.
This job is a typical cold calling and door knocking process. The work can pay well if you want to work 50-60 plus hours a week and are okay with being told no 95% of the time.
Pros
I began working at Physicians Mutual in 1999 thinking it would help pay the bills for a few years until I found what I really wanted to do. The family culture and management is great. I still enjoy getting up and coming to work. My coworkers work with me in a collaborative fashion and people truly want to see you succeed ... I will work here until I retire. Do yourself a favor and apply at Physicians Mutual!
Pros
Mutual company, so decisions are made to benefit the business...not stockholders
This company provides a lot of resources to help you succeed, but you must be very motivated in order to be successful. You have to work at least 40 hours a week to succeed, and this includes doing your own prospecting. Company is very ethical and does what it says it will do.
Prior to joining Physicians Mutual I developed a number of non-negotiable characteristics for my next preferred career opportunity and was very selective about the company I was going to align my career with. Physicians Mutual initially met and exceeded those characteristics and continue to do so after my first two years with the company. Finding a solid match like this is challenging to do in our contemporary business climate. I am blessed to be with this organization and proud to represent this company and the meaningful, worthwhile work that we do every day!
Great family atmosphere. Opportunity for growth and advancement. Strong commitment to excellence. Get rewarded for your hard work. Leadership truly listens to its employees.
A lot of responsibility and ball to keep in the air. Challenging position but also is can be rewarding. Lots of independence depending on your manager
benefits
Cons
a lot
Physicians Mutual has a great work environment with a great many terrific coworkers. However, there are a number of managers that make working there challenging. Avoid those few, and you can expect to work there, and want to work there, until you retire.
Pros
Small business atmosphere, relaxed work environment, terrific building and grounds
Cons
Mid-level managers
Made them lots of money for little compensation for me Very time stringent Very high goals make it necessary to stay focused 24/7 to make "Goal: Goals and expectations change all the time and are very hard to reach
Pros
Great people
Cons
lack of money vs ANBP I made them
The building needs some work. The work space is crowded and cluttered. The people are very nice and they have wonderful benefits. They also offer and support employee development.
For the right person in the right situation this is a great company to work for. Everyone I met here, from the local manager to the president of the company can not be better people.
Pros
Training and follow up
Cons
Very competitive industry