Physicians Primary Care of Southwest Florida Employee Reviews

Terrible Management & Stressful Environment
Lead Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJuly 30, 2019
There was a lack of competent management at all levels. Lab was a sweatshop. 60+ patient draws in the early morning shift. Lab order paperwork was a nightmare. Incompetent phlebotomists that mangle patients. Management didn’t care. Just get the job done. Double standards favoritism with some employees. Lots of mislabeled samples seen everyday.
Inexperienced management
LPN (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 14, 2019
The pediatric office I worked in was horrible. The workers did whatever they wanted and the manager was a joke. Supervisors telling you what to do that don't know how to do it either. TRAINING WAS NOT DONE PROPERLY.

No teamwork and I can see whey there is such a turnover. Would not recommend this office to anyone.

Needs management to be fired.
Pros
Cons
Abominale workers & no management
Great Company
Insurance Navigator/Front Office Float (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 23, 2018
Physicians Primary Care of SW Florida is a great company, managed with perfection. This company not only cares for their patients and community but they have great respect for their employees
Horrible place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 15, 2018
There is so much drama, bullying, been through 5 managers within a year. No wonder the turn around rate is so bad. No job stability and everybody talks behind your back.
Awful place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 6, 2017
Awful management and HR department . Co workers don’t try to help you but stay back and laugh when you make a mistake, or just talk about you behind your back. Awful manager
Cons
Management is unfair and uneducated
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral S, FLNovember 20, 2017
The doctors are great. Nothing else good to say though. Be a patient, NOT an employee, unless you are ready for some backstabbing coworkers and horrible managers. Would NEVER even consider working there again.
Pros
It’s a job
Bad place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLMay 4, 2017
It is hard working somewhere, where there is favoritism. While some people had to work very hard, others got to slack off with no consequences. A lot of back stabbing there.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Strssful atmosphere
Loved the work enviroment.
NCMA (Former Employee) –  Lee County, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Loved working for this company. I just feel they were unorganized a bit. Very fast paced company which I loved. Everyone got along very well at this company.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
unorganized
sometimes t was very stressful but over all a good work place
Lab Technician/ phelbotomst (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 24, 2016
I loved my job there. Working with the patients and co workers we all became a family. I learned so much from my job there. The management worked well with the team of co workers and tried to assists as often as possible.
Pros
A very caring place
Cons
no way to advance
Fast paced
Phlebotomist/ Lab Processor (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJune 2, 2016
Travel to various labs with the responsibility of obtaining blood specimens by venipunctures and specified tests from individuals throughout their lifespan.
See anywhere from 150-200 patients a day.
Loving Doctors
Medical Assistant Float (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 19, 2016
The doctors for Physicians' Primary Care pediatrics is so loving and caring for the patients. They take the time to teach me and explain all the questions I have when it comes to new diagnoses or something that I want to learn about. The take that extra step and go above and beyond for the little ones.
horrible management with large turnaround of employees
Receptionist/medical (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLNovember 25, 2015
Front office managed VERY poorly. Lots of talking behind employees backs right where they could here it. Huge turnaround in employment and no job security. Also low pay.
Pros
Cons
read above
Good doctors & staff.
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLOctober 2, 2015
I enjoyed my time with PPC, but had decided it was time to do something different with my life. The docs & staff were great. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the patients.
Pros
Regonition for a good job.
Cons
There wasn't any tution reimbursement to further your career.
Friendly and Professional Atomosphere
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FloridaSeptember 23, 2015
All the staff is welcoming. A very busy office but very productive. I personally feel that I obtained many skills here than I could have in school. The Doctors are always open to teaching and educating.
Too much drama
Help Desk / Desk Side Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLMarch 13, 2015
Not a very professional work environment. Ethics are not very high here. Keep to yourself. Keep your comments to responses only.
Pros
Lots of free lunches from drug reps.
Cons
Stressful working environment.
Mostly friendly work place
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 9, 2014
The company itself was very professional and patient oriented. However, some employees were not suited for this job. I enjoyed my job there, I loved assisting patient's with their needs and request along with my co workers with any needed help. Even with some un-supportive staff, it was a very knowledgeable experience and workplace. The doctors were very easy to work with and very professional and patient oriented.
Pros
Free lunches, Exercise encouraged, Free breakfast
Cons
Un-Supportive Staff
Non stop Busy all the time
Indexer/Scanner (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJanuary 26, 2014
I started out prepping medical records for EMR. You couldn't miss anything that needed to be scanned, as the documents not saved for EMR would be destroyed.

Then I was moved to the front to Scan because they needed someone to do that as well. So, I was doing BOTH prepping and scanning and everything else in between. You had to be fast and I was and I always stayed on top of my work.

With Indexing the records, not only was I making sure the correct patient,etc was in the right place. I also had to read and look for certain things that the doctors would want.
Pros
Always busy, always had work to do.
Cons
Tedious, yes. That's about it.

Comment – October 26, 2015

Yes, working for the Peds dept was the worst of the worst in Cape Coral, Fl. I really don't feel that they were doing the right thing regarding what medical records to scan and not to scan. And not all doctors liked the idea as well, which was understanding.

The Peds Dept. has the worst reputation and believe me, word got around about the one in Cape Coral.

Great Experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLNovember 2, 2013
I worked here for 9 years and loved every day like the first day.
Enjoyable place to work
Clinical laboratory/phlebotomy/referrals (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLSeptember 30, 2013
The doctors and staff are very friendly and great to work with. Fun environment and very comfortable place to be.
Pros
Great coworkers, comfortable environment
Cons
Salary could be higher
learned different jobs while I was there
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  FLJune 1, 2013
I worked there for 10 1/2 yrs. During that time I learned different jobs to further my career. I got along with all of my co-workers.Always helping each other. when I located at another site within the company the manager was not always professional.
Pros
they gave us free lunches.
Cons
we received no breaks except at lunch. management was unprofessional at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Physicians Primary Care of Southwest Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

Physicians Primary Care of Southwest Florida Reviews by Location