Piano Power

Piano Power Employee Reviews

United States7 reviews
Authentic and Flexible Place to Teach
I love teaching for Piano Power because everything that is conveyed via their website and the interview process is true! Teachers choose their own schedule, can use their own teaching style and are always supported, but not micromanaged. Choosing your own schedule allows you the freedom to incorporate your gigs and create the lifestyle that you want. I have never been in a work environment where I feel so appreciated, not only through interactions, but with opportunities and financially. In addition, all teachers have to worry about is teaching. All scheduling, routing and payment is off of your plate - precisely as promised. You can then focus solely on being an awesome teacher. People are truly valued here, whether you are a teacher, student, colleague or any other part of the team - which is why everything else falls into place.

The approach that Piano Power takes with students - meeting them where they are vs. forcing a curriculum gives students the authenticity to create what they want out of lessons. This leads to more connection, growth and higher student retention and satisfaction.

Cannot say enough positive about Piano Power!
Pros
Build your own schedule, no micromanaging, highly appreciative of employees
Cons
Lots of driving, no benefits
Professional, Flexible, Teacher-Oriented Company, Perfect for Musicians Everywhere
Because of its teacher-focused versus student-focused approach, Piano Power is among the best companies to independently teach with. All your booking, scheduling, and payment is handled for you freeing you to focus on teaching your students. Once hired, you are guaranteed students based on YOUR availability, which is hard to say about many companies you can independently teach with.

Piano Power does a stellar job of pairing you with students. They give you the tools to teach with confidence and the space to teach according to your style and your student's style. Scheduling is tight and efficient. You also have a network of teachers and staff you can collaborate well with.

I have never felt more appreciated and cared for in a music teaching environment before. The owners and the admin staff are so encouraging, helpful, and efficient at their jobs. It is an environment that stimulates learning, growth, and musical greatness.

This job is a great resume and connections builder and gives you flexibility to pursue other things in your career you might otherwise not be able to. The people you work alongside with are professional, creative, and musically proficient.

Whether you are looking to grow your music career and this is just a stepping stone or you are looking for a more permanent, steady, and long term job to utilize your music education, background, passions, etc. consider working for Piano Power. If you do, you won't regret. I know I haven't.
Pros
Flexible, Efficient, Organized, Relaxed, Teacher Oriented, Resume-Building, Creatively-Minded, Excellent Communication, Professional
Cons
Lots of Driving, Independent Contract
Excellent company that lets teachers focus on teaching.
I can't say enough about how great my experience as a teacher with Piano Power has been. The admins do an excellent job of handling all the scheduling, finding students, and other clerical details so that the musicians can focus on their teaching. You can also tell they really care about your success as a teacher.

The families and students I've been paired with have been wonderful as well. All of them have been incredibly kind and accommodating. It makes me really look forward to teaching every day.
Pros
Flexibility, Excellent Management, Great Students/Families
Cons
Piano Power has been an awesome experience.
Working for this company has been a joy. Very communicative, flexible, and teacher-oriented. They ask for feedback and implement that feedback well, making us feel valued. I would recommend Piano Power to any teacher looking for a great part-time gig.
Great teaching gig
Piano power is a great company. Very teacher oriented, flexibility everywhere from teaching hours to student matching. Very professionally operated, everything runs so smooth and seamless. Communication with management is very transparent and you feel like you are valued.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Most organized and competently run company of its kind
I have taught private voice, piano, guitar and drum lessons with several different companies/studios in the Chicago area. Piano Power is the best work environment of them all and it’s not even close. They are extremely organized, communicative, and helpful in every way. They let you teach and they take care of everything else. And that can NOT be said of most private lessons companies. It also helps that the people in charge there are fantastic human beings. Can’t recommend this company highly enough.
Innovative Company with Great Faculty!
Excellent business design from hiring practices to relationship building, this is a great company to work for. Payscale is competitive in Chicagoland area. Faculty is of high caliber, students are actively engaged, guidance to teachers, parents, and students is provided and facilitated. Strong command of technology and social media.
Pros
Bonuses, Raises, Community
Cons
Long Drives for Teachers
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Piano Power. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4