Piazza Auto Group Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 31, 2019
Never been treated so poorly at a job before. It is mind blowing that the Mazda store wins so many accolades. The General Manager does no work, spends all day playing on his phone. The General Sales Manager is absolutely nasty. He has been reported to HR numerous times but always manages to walk away from investigations unscathed. All of the other employees are great which is the only reason the store does well even though the top of the management there is despicable.
Pros
Free Pizza on Saturdays
Cons
Everything else
Very poor management high turnover
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, PADecember 12, 2018
Make it simple. Have a conversation with the Gm at the mitsu-mazda store and you will quickly see why the store in underperforming. A Lot of politics and back door office politics. The atmosphere is cut throat. Management is subpar to say the least. the Gm is easily intimidated. If there is a up and coming candidate that may be able to replace him that person will be terminated or encouraged to leave the company. ownership is absent and not aware of the dysfunction.
Pros
pay is fair
Cons
long hours, terrible management, politics
Great place to work and make good money
Car Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PADecember 11, 2018
I can only speak for Piazza mazda of West Chester as every store is different but it has been a great joy to work here. The coo-workers and every one is friendly and helpful. Is a good place to make average 50 to 60k a year with a 40 to 50 hour weekly work.
Pros
free lunches and layed back management
A great auto group
Manager (Current Employee) –  DelawareSeptember 13, 2018
Ownership is committed to constant improvement and growth. Employees are offered excellent training and the opportunity to advance their career. Managers have regular meetings to openly discuss issues at the dealership and employees are able to contribute ideas and solutions. I have been employed by other dealerships and did quite a bit of research before I joined Piazza Auto Group, I and very pleased with my decision
The culture fosters teamwork, personal growth, open and honest communication
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, PAAugust 9, 2018
We are surrounded by genuine and caring people. As a team, we use each other to talk through situations, to stay sane after a rough day, and to push each other to go pass our comfort zones. Because of the fast pace environment there can be some tougher days, but I do believe that comes along with any career path.
Pros
Challenging and therefore rewarding.
Great work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 31, 2018
As car dealerships go this is a a great place to work. They have an open floor so you can hustle as hard as you want. It’s the top Mazda dealer in the area so they have a large inventory. All the sales people work together here. Everyone is willing to help out.
Pros
Free lunch on Saturday.
Cons
Have to work Saturdays.
Awesome place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Piazza Hyundai West ChesterJuly 30, 2018
Great place to work. Knowledgeable staff that takes care of their employees. There is room for advancement within the group. Plenty of time off is offered
Pros
free lunch, room for advancement
Management (Current Employee) –  West chesterJuly 30, 2018
Great company to work for. Plenty of locations and room for advancement. Upper management is always available to help. Overall culture is the "Gold standard" in the automotive business.
Good dearship to work for
Sales manager (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 30, 2018
I’ve been employeed at Piazza Auto Group for 4 years now and I am happy to say it is a great organzation to work for. I’ve had opportunities to move up as a sales manager from sales and it has worked out great. I have to say I was hesitant at first with the new responsibility but I am glad I took the position.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Working some nights
High turnover at a greedy Dealership
Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAJuly 5, 2018
This place likes to give you false promises of making an amazing salary. I will say, they are stealthy with how they word things when first meeting with a manager. Every thing sounds too good to be true which can crush your motivation when you actually show up to work! They offer a lower rate to flat rate techs because they say you’ll average higher hours, well that’s not 100% true! There are hours there but only to the select few privileged making 70-90 a week on average while everyone else is there to pick crumbs and scrape by with 40-55!! Nothing is ever changed to create a fair opportunity to make money. Poor work/life balance. Expected to work one night a week and EVERY Saturday! I would strongly recommend finding work elsewhere! Too many people come and go in all departments.
Pros
Co-workers are the best part
Cons
Management. Pay. Working conditions
Pay cuts every chance they get
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2018
The co-workers are the only plus to this location. I bet the 5 star reviews are from management trying to make it look better than it really is, which is a joke. You dedicate your life to them(they basically demand that). Work hard do everything that they ask, put the job in front of everything else. But when your income gets to be too much and you have excelled at your position, you would think you would get an advancement/promotion. Not here, they cut your salary, take away your demo and/or bonus. Only place I have ever seen doc your salary/vacation time for working under 40 hours per week and tell you that your a salaried employee and do not get overtime for over 40 hours. It can not be both ways. I do not recommend applying for employment here. There is a reason why they have opening for technicians and advisers year round. Check out their legitimate google reviews. Revolving door they do not keep the hard workers only those they can get cheap.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Where do I start
Glad they purchased my dealership from the previous owner!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Land Rover Jaguar Willow GroveMay 23, 2018
After Piazza purchased my dealership from the previous owner, everything gradually got better. Compensation increased and work became more fun. Highly recommend !
Pros
Spiffs and bonuses
Cons
Working Holidays
A great auto group
Manager (Current Employee) –  DelawareMay 18, 2018
Terrific Opportunities, Integrity and Fairness
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMay 15, 2018
Challenging industry but plenty of opportunity for those that commit and have strong work ethic. The managers I work for are very straightforward and exhibits integrity and fair treatment. They have a number of locations and are big on promoting within. The pay is based on what you generate like any commission position, if you hustle you earn plenty. I have worked for a couple other dealers in the Phila area and Piazza is has a great reputation with clients and their employees.
Pros
Employee purchase plan on a wide array of vehicle brands, Growing company with opportunity for advancement
Cons
Solid management and plenty of opportunity to advance as they own 26 stores.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 14, 2018
Did not want to leave but had to relocate. The store manager was a solid leader. The expectations were high but that’s life in retail automotive. Income was fair and ability to earn more was always present if production was there. The managers are always looking for potential leaders and like to promote within.
Pros
Advancement and culture
Cons
Regardless of who you work for in auto retail the hours are challenging.
No opportunity
Technician (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 1, 2018
Everything is outdated in the shop. Saturdays are a mess. Service manager and parts manager need to retire. Lunch on Saturday is discusting pizza that they get from the same place every week. Get paid but weekly
Pros
Job security
Cons
Lack of pay. No opportunity to move up.
Focused on Auto Sales
Vehicle Sales Accounting (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, PAApril 29, 2018
As a auto seller, there is no room for warm and fuzzy services like ping pong tables and games. All activity is focused on sales support. Except for successful sellers, everyone is underpaid. Everyone is overworked.
Pros
Employer provides the minimum of legally required employee support.
Cons
If you work in auto sales, you already know that it is all con- except the incentives and income of successful sales reps
Run for the Hills
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  DelawareMarch 22, 2018
No training provided in the accounting office. You are expected to train yourself. Only thing office manager cares about is pushing stuff off of her desk onto yours. When you ask a question the answer is “ I have no idea. Office manager needs to be replaced
Don't waste your time
Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 18, 2018
Your coworkers are the only bright spot of working for the organization. Most of the General Managers that run the stores are horrible. The GMs, director and owners chop your payplan constantly when you make money. They think it is ok for their employees to make less instead of more the longer you work for them. I wish I didn't waste my time working for them for so long.
Pros
Manager health benefits, free lunch om Saturdays
Cons
Everything else
If you are a good worker look elsewhere
Customer service position (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 15, 2018
All departments employ below average managers. Managers are paid based on profitability of their department. Piazza Management sets up departments in a way the leads workers to feel that their manager does not care about them. Poor training. You better know what you are doing when you are hired or forget it. You can make good money but once you go above expected plateau for your position, you are guaranteed a pay cut. No incentive to give it your all, because your all leads to Piazza's wallet, not yours. Piazza does very little to make their dealerships successful. They act as if their famous name is enough. During my time employed by this group, the coworkers were a bright spot. Good working relations with coworkers throughout dealership. Hours are reasonable for dealership. Only scheduled for five day work weeks. Has been some problems being paid for holidays which fell on weekends. Building maintenance is poor. Will not fix any issues until long overdue. Free lunch provided on Saturdays.
Pros
Good coworkers, five day work week
Cons
Management, pay structure, property, no training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Piazza Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.