Pick-n-Pull Employee Reviews

Good Luck
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMarch 12, 2018
My situation was seen as rough, They failed to train me accordingly, they expect for staff to have enough time to succeed in daily production and yet have enough time to train new employees and employees with new positions. If you plan on working here, you need to be able to grasp things quick and don't slow down.
Pros
the pay wage is adjusting
Cons
Say goodbye to your personal life
Productive work environment
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Great place to work. Work life balance was a lot better than previous experiences. Great manager who had clear direction and expected everyone to get their job done.
Pros
Great flexibility
Interesting, lots of different parts
Cashiering, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Good learning experience about cars. Culture was positive. A lot of customers. Very fast paced.

Helpful to be bilingual but overall it was a good place to work.
Pros
Casual Environment
Cons
Dealing with bad weather
Productive Environment
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 27, 2017
Average Workplace Culture. Fast pace environment. Fluid Workload depending on the industry. The industry is ever changing and consistent regarding product. Overall, there's a longevity that consist with the current employees.
Demanding but great team
Full time employee (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WASeptember 10, 2017
I enjoyed working at Pick-n-Pull, the company is good to its employees and offers full benefits. But it is hard, physical work and can be stressful. Schnitzer Steel, the parent group for Pick-n-Pull is considered one of the most ethical companies in the nation.
Pros
Full benefits, retirement and good management
Cons
Lots of hours to the point of exhaustion.
productive and fun place to work
Dismantler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2017
days would start relaxed and organized with a meeting promptly at the beginning of shift. everyones opinions were valued and really felt like a team effort everyday.
very bad place to work.
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 1, 2017
very rough place to work ans not good pay.
you work way to hard for not enough pay........ management suck they are always up your butt about things. hardly no breaks.
OK job to work at
Production Crew (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 25, 2017
Two things I didn't like about Pick-n-Pull was the climate, it would be very hot or very cold and you work in the rain and thunder, and the tools that they use. Either the tools were very worn out or it didn't fit they job requirement.
Pros
Schedule and Benefits
Cons
Pay, Tools and Climate
motor puller
Motor Hand (Former Employee) –  Elm Mott, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Wat I did was break all car motors down to the block and keep all cores. The management was ok not on top of they game all the time and we had some good days and bad but it was a fun job.
Pick n pull
CSA (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 12, 2016
The most hardest part on the job was going outside and stocking batteries, Tires etc. I loved everything about the job just me and a Co- Worker did not get along she was only a sales lead and she would always send me out to do all the batteries and tires by myself when there was post to be 2 people out there with you at all times due to the weather condition. but it would just be me;
Pros
we would get free lunches on our sale day
Cons
short breaks
Dont waste your time
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 8, 2016
At first it was an awesome job! But lately they just dont care about their employees. They want you to put your family life aside for them to work you till you fall over and then not pay you enough. they always say safety first but then they dont provide you with the correct ppe to stay safe, and then yell at you when you dont have it. The manager doesnt know how to do ANYTHING and puts it off on everyone else then takes all the credit.
needs work but cool
Production Crew (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 30, 2016
very hard place to work. pay could be better. work environment needs improvement. overall if thing could change it wouldn't be a bad place to work.
great experience, but good offer came around
Production manager (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJanuary 15, 2016
It was just a great experience working there, when I started, the store was in last 10 places in the company when it comes to core and $$ revenue, with hard work it took a couple of year, but was able to the top 5 out 52 locations and kept it there for 5 years
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
ugly uniforms
very busy business
CSA/VPA/Sales Lead/Interim Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 6, 2015
with at least 400 customer on a usual day other than the weekend which is at least 1000 customer a day, Pick n Pull is a very fast paced business. its a self serve yard which means the customer would have to go to the yard and pull their own parts.
i learned a lot from my former bosses at pick n pull, such as dealing with customer and learning each part on the car including parts numbers.
Pros
50% employee discount, very nice management team
Cons
bad location area and bad customers.
stay away!!!
CSA (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 23, 2015
So got this job thinking it would be pretty cool. after all, it is a junk yard right? wrong!! from day one it was like being in a concentration camp. more rules than the Army and most of them are just to control the employees and make them feel like animals. They trust the customers more than the employees by how they treat you, like they are always trying to find something you're doing wrong.

everyday i did a million things wrong and was told about it over and over again. it got to the point where i felt terrible about myself like i couldn't do anything right and that i was worth less. For a job to make me, a vet, feel that way is pretty bad. I really tried my hardest to like this job but they couldn't pay me enough to do so.

i took the job with the condition that it was part time which is what i told that indian boss i needed, but what do they go and do?? they canned 3 people in the same week and make everyone work 6 days but we still didn't get overtime because one of those days was only 4 hours.

this place is a terrible, terrible job. if you like being controlled, having someone always watching over your shoulder telling you how to do everything including breath then work here, you'll love it.
Pros
absolutely NOTHING!
Cons
sadly everything and I'm NOT EXAGGERATING
Unorganized
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Little RockJuly 15, 2015
The biggest problem with this company is there is no organization. The management is scattered. There is no real leadership and the turnover in production workers is high.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
no advancement and no holidays
na
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 26, 2015
In my current role i assist customers with purchisng there vehicle over the phone.I negotiate prices and save the company thousands of dollars weekly while exceeding purchase goals. I have helped train new employees on system use and proper company procedure while on the phone as well as coaching.
Not a Professional place
Cash for Junk Cars Clerk I (Manpower) (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 15, 2015
Place is not organized and management has no control of employees. Staff has to much liberty at work. Talk way to much during calls.
Stressful and exhausting
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVApril 8, 2015
Poor work condition No insulation means 10 degrees cold in winter and hotter in summer than the outside. I did learn about parts of different cars though
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
see above
makes a living..
Automotive Dismantler and Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  kansas city KsFebruary 20, 2015
This is a great place to start!!! It gives you much work and little pay!!! The challenge is to ever move forward no matter what or who tries to stop you!!!
Pros
The Bonuses
Cons
bad workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pick-n-Pull. Our community is ready to answer.