Pick n Pull Auto Dismantlers Employee Reviews

Low wages
Production (Former Employee) –  Antelope, CAJanuary 24, 2019
Poor managment low pay the money for the work you do does not equal out they say they got a good work home balance but they dont. Workers unhappy just a bad deal all around.
Pros
Discount parts
Cons
Wages poor managment
Unable to retain talent. Unreached potential.
Production crew (Former Employee) –  Antelope caJanuary 22, 2019
Both store manager and production lead where very nice guys. However they are either too cheap or lack the authority to compensate thier team appropriately. This branch had a 3 year perfect safety record and was the most profitable. Instead of giving veteren crew members raises, they mass hired new people and sank there own ship. I seen a great character veteran have to give two week notice because he couldn't get a small raise to pay day care. I seen another veteran get burnt out in drain and fired. I seen the best worker ive ever worked with not be able to get a 50 cent raise. They tossed me my yellow hat after 90 days with no raise. This job takes a good nights rest and a 100 percent effort. The wear and tear on your body, safety risks and the weather are challenging. Drama, cut throat, and discouraging once you realize its a dead end. It was a perfect job fit for me and i failed. Low morale and a toxic environment due to over worked under paid crew. Good repeatable process design on there production process. But there inability to keep morale high and team member's happy is a big problem. I am shocked that i was not very successful with this company. They are not able to retain talent. By the time you work your way up the chain of command your body will be ruined. They dont seem to promote from within. If they do ever take care of there team members it seems they are the opposites of proactive. A few people make good money. The rest get used up burnt out and forgotten. Bummer.
Pros
Good repeatable process design. Hard work to be proud of.
Cons
Low morale, toxic cut throat, low pay.
Made lots of friends and it was a intrestimg job
Pick n pull (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 28, 2018
One of my favorite jobs that I enjoy doing ‘ I truly regret leaving I’ll do anything to return it’s a great job if there was a thing I hate it would be winter time but everything else is alright
Management was poor.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 5, 2018
They play favorites / employees the manager does not know how to talk to an employee.
The other manager if he don't like you He will have you fired..
Cons
Great placs managment is horrible
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 11, 2018
Enjoyed working their. Managment was horrible. Never got breaks or lunch. Couldnt get PTO approved and when it was it was cancelled. A lot of racism from manager.
Productive fun work place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CAJuly 2, 2018
I have the best experience everytime I go to work. I learn a lot and apply it to things I do. I learned how to replace some parts as well as learned a lot of new parts at this job.
Pros
Great co workers, friendly environment
Cons
Difficult customers time to time
Hard work and long days
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJune 25, 2018
When I was working there I was getting around 30-40 hours of overtime a paycheck. I was hard but worth it. The pay was ok and the people I worked with were decent bunch of guys
I enjoyed my experience at Pick-N-Pull overall.
Licensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 14, 2018
I enjoyed every part of the position. It required a lot of research in certain areas, but I was eager to learn as much as I could. Some days, I had a lot of assignments given to me by my manager that I needed to complete the same day or within a specific time frame which, overall I was able to complete. I learned a lot and wish I would have been hired, but it didn't work out the way I had hoped.
Pros
Completing paperwork for licenses and permits; contacting agency to verify information needed.
Cons
Feedback from company on position
worst job i ever had
done everything (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 6, 2018
work every holiday never know what time your getting off..management could care less about you.no vacation. no advancement...DEAD END JOB..work in the rain ,snow..
Wasnt bad at first.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 23, 2018
Job wasnt bad at first. When when manager started to leave, everything when down hill from there. Went from working 8 hours a day having a good time to working 10-13 hours a day. Sometimes 7 days a week. Managers never listened to you and higher ups would come in and tell you that your doing the job wrong and all the managers was yes men. Instead of telling what they need to hear, told them what they wanted to hear

I wouldn't go back if they offered me $30 an hour. I ran drain rack, setting cars in the yard and crushing cars. I did just about everything there and still was looked at like i didnt know a thing
Pros
50% discount on parts.
Fun to work at
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2018
A typical day at Pick-N-Pull would entail opening the store at 8:00 am for the public. Making sure the staff has proper change and materials needed to start the day. Help customers and staff with any questions or problems that may arise. Closing the gates at 6:00 pm. Counting out all sales drawers and making a money drop at the bank after everything is closed and locked.
Pros
Fun, learn different things, meet new people every day
Cons
can be overwhelming at times, but nothing that can't be handled.
Worked on production crew
Production crew (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioApril 11, 2018
It was a fun place to work at the environment was good I stayed there the management team that I work for was real good the people that I work with was very respectable they didn't have a problem with them if you needed something they would get it for you I wouldn't mind going back to Pick n Pull
Pros
30 minute lunch break
Cons
Didn't want Healthcare already had it
Can be a great place to work
Store Manager Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 14, 2018
The regional manager when I was there was just horrible. Did not know how to manage people, did not know how to manage processes, and would stab you in the back at the drop of a dime. The organization itself was good and tried to promote a good culture but ....
Pros
Fun job interesting work
Cons
Regional management
Fun place to work, lack of management is amazing and creates an unfair work place
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAFebruary 3, 2018
I like working there, it's always a new challenge. The biggest problem is the lack of management whatsoever. There is no accountability but anyone gets a raise?? So I don't have to have good attendance, nor quality of work and still get more money?? That is not fair. Management has no backbone, nor presence.
Pros
Good steady work
Cons
What management??
Long hours and hard work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJanuary 20, 2018
Management is great if you do what you need to and are collaborative. You will learn a good amount. Repetitive motions and hard work are a must, including long hours or 9-11 hours a day, some weekends.
Pros
Team, management
Cons
Repetitive motions
good discounts
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CASeptember 11, 2017
I was responsible for draining gasoline and other fluids from vehicle brought into yard. I would removes tires and wheels. it was nice that safety was clearly their highest concern
Good work, no Supervision or Management help
Level 2 Title Processor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 6, 2017
Working for PNP for 6 years, has been an experience. For the past 5 months, I have been working two desks(department short staffed), while maintaining my desk duties. Training and Supervising Temp employees, with no follow up with Supervisor. I was performing Level 3 Title Processor desk duties, when I am a Level 2 Title Processor. No structure in department.
Pros
Lots of work to be done.
Cons
Supervisor not available, have to rely on colleages to complete work.
Great place to learn
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 20, 2017
Loved my job like any where else great managers make workING more enjoyable learned a lot about car parts and cars in general I grew as a work professional
Okay place to work
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 23, 2016
Not the best environment, but not too stressful since you'll be home by 7pm. Co-workers pretty cool, customers are rude but most make the day go by. :)
Pros
Easy
Cons
Rude Customers, Dirty
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Antelope, CAMay 24, 2016
My coworkers are very nice, outgoing, eager to help. The work is challenging and fun. The customers are very friendly for the most part. The only downside is that there are very few full time opportunities in sales.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
limited hours