PICS Inventory Service
Happiness rating is 51 out of 100

PICS Inventory Service Employee Reviews

United States170 reviews

Poor management. Only cares about bottom line. Absolutely no employee perks.

The most frustrating thing about this job is how cheap they are when it comes to compensating employees for their time. They do the absolute bare minimum. For example, they will only pay you for your travel time if you go out of your way to drive to a "meet spot" which is nothing but a Food Lion parking lot. If you choose to drive yourself to an out of town assignment, they will not pay you for your travel time or mileage. At the beginning of the pandemic they did begin to pay individuals but have since rescinded that policy. This company will never attract/keep good employees with this type of policy in place.

Inconsiderate management, lack of care, care more about contracts rather than their employees. Can’t keep staff due to inconsiderate management and unfair treatment.

PICS Inventory Service insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Unprofessional & Poor Scheduling, Not Many Hours

I was hired to the York area according to the original ad and my interview. Within one week, I was expected to drive 2 hours and 45 minutes to Philadelphia and 1 hour and a half to another town. In order to have any hours I had driving hour and they did not compensate me for the distance despite promising me that they would. One of the issues with this job is that if a large team shows up, you will not get 8 hours of work. In addition, they did not honor the wage advertised and undercut it by $3. I am unable to work night shifts and I was continually scheduled on night shifts. To top it off, they canceled my first two shifts, and one was canceled 2 hours before I was starting in the other was canceled 10 hours before I was starting.

Pros

a shirt

Cons

Poor pay, terrible communication, poor scheduling, changing schedules

Terrible work environment

No paid sick days. Must give 3 week notice for any time off, even then it can be denied if it's a "black out" date. The gas and mileage put on your car is not compensated.

Have fun doing it

I like working here!! We all are like a little family, we show up together, get our areas together, then work as a team to complete the rest of store!! Every one has flaws some just have more than others!! I enjoy my Job here with my team!!!

Good To Fail

In the beginning the job was cool and everything I liked doing what I did cause so never did it before. After them being able to keep up with everyone else they depended on the top counters which are 4 or 5 dots to do the hard work and while everyone else took it easy. They aren’t cautious when it comes to Covid. They use minivans that only sits 6 people but there isn’t space in between anyone. Schedules get changed at last min. There isn’t any type of training I was only told to use the plus button. It took me 1 or 2 weeks to learn how to use there guns. Last manager that’s there doesn’t know how to manage or keep a flow. The pay isn’t worth it at all. Plus you don’t know how long you gonna be in these stores depending on the crew.

Ex former employee..

As of 5/13/22 as a ex employee this job isn’t worth the effort… 10min breaks even if we worked more then 8 hours… They don’t have enough employees to work!!! Favoritism in the work space….Some mangers gossip a lot to other employees..This job is a lie they do not care about your mental or physical health the travel isn’t worth it if you drive you’re own car..And also if you are a good hard worker expect to be treated like garbage..

Good people

No breaks, no meals, most jobs are over 50 miles away, times two. That’s a lot of gas and driving time and not getting paid for it. You will enjoy working with another auditors.

Pros

Can’t think of any

Cons

No breaks

Unless you are in management, they could care less about you

I mostly enjoy the work, and most of my co-workers are great and some of the customers are awesome but the corporate office does not care that the a few district managers are inept, are bullies, and create a hostile work environment. There is very little opportunity for advancement. This job is not worth the toll it takes on your mental & physical heath. It also leaves very little time for your home life. They pay us pennies to make them millions.

Pros

Company van for the drives to the jobs

Cons

Low pay, long hours or no hours, upper management

Since I have to...

The job itself isn't too bad until the problem with management comes up. Raises are an option to management, they will constantly ask for more work and more responsibility and refuse to reflect that on your paycheck. I've noticed many check errors in my short stay here. Favoritism is a major company flaw and none of the management has any accountability.

Pros

Job security

Cons

No official breaks, 40+ hour weeks on part time, no benefits

Love It

Great people, great opportunity for growth, great place for people who want to work efficiently. If you are lazy this isn't the job for you. Great pay and can earn more just by working hard.

Complete bull of a company

They are a badly ran company the managers are running into the ground they treat you very badly and down grade you all the time. Very poorly ran company.

Pros

Travel

Cons

The whole job in general

Used to like now hate

You are important then nobody as they move on to a different favorite person. Favortism, candy pickers, bullies.talk behind peoples backs.managers/team leaders either. Like you or dont and you will know which one it is because they either speak to you or dont at all and when they do with an attitude

It’s a job.

If you ever need a job they’ll hire anyone any they are always hiring. Best part about it is traveling to different parts of the states ny, nj, pa…..

Hours are good, work is okay

Flexible with scheduling. You can accept or decline jobs as they come. The work is easy enough, but it’s a long day just counted the same things over and over

Fun place to work

Early mornings and short days are the best thing about this company. They offer advancement opportunities but Many managers are underpaid. Not a bad place to work as long as you understand the expectations.

Pros

Short days

Cons

Na

Bad supervisor love the work hate the boss

This was my second inventory job, I done pretty good with my numbers and was okay with my attendance, my numbers were rising better every day. I was suspended for a week on a suspicious remark of theft and HR was to look into it. After the week I was ready to return to only learn I was fired with no investigation, nothing!! This team picks and chooses who they want to keep and who stays. Work should be based on your experience, numbers and getting the job done and working as a team.

All about who you know and who you’re related to

Paid based on how fast you counted. Only friends and relatives got good counting locations. Had to travel long distances for the carpool meet ups. Ugly uniforms

Pros

Different place every day

Cons

Lots of travel

Very poor management

Worst management ever + lies + not professional , imagine that they give you appointment twice to pick you up with the team and no one show up at all , and all what they do !!!!! Just apologize.

Early morning hours

Overall it was pretty decent. Meet in usually a Walmart parking lot very very early in the morning and travel to different locations each day to inventory stores. Mostly grocery stores.

Fun

I love working at pics, everything always changes different stores and I love the pay wonderful people and great management plenty room to move up they will pay you for experience this is overall a great company I cannot wait until I'm able to make a career out of this

Common questions about PICS Inventory Service

Answered by current and former employees at PICS Inventory Service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PICS Inventory Service. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits