Picture People Employee Reviews

Photographer (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALApril 18, 2018
I really enjoyed the work. being able to photograph and present to customers. Meeting sales goals were usually easy because the pictures were good and you had 15-20 to show them. The atmosphere was great and you really became friends with your co-workers.
Pros
great coworkers
Awesome People
Photographer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 2, 2018
A typical work day is you set up the camera room. Check the appointment log. Greet Customers. Take and Sell pictures.

hardest part is during communion season as well as big holidays. its fast paced.
Fun Place To Work
Studio Associate (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 3, 2018
Except for the lack of hours I really enjoy working at Picture People. The other studio associates are friendly and hardworking. Each employee bounces off each other and are willing to help when you ask.
Loved the job and my coworkers, corporate was a different story
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLMarch 1, 2018
Frankly I enjoyed my time at Picture People, I loved doing the job and I loved the atmosphere we had created with my coworkers! However when it came to corporate I felt it had a severe lack of consistency. Often I felt not encouraged but almost put down by our District Manager and wanting to speak out wasn't something we wanted to do because we felt he would just treat us worst. Unfortunately the problem came from his bosses too. They try to be a friendly company, but they fall short from it.
Pros
Fun working environment, the job itself is fun
Cons
No actual breaks, corporate lost sight of the purpose of the company
Good For Seasonal
Portrait Photographer (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Not a Career. Excellent for people in high school who need immediate part time work to make ends meet. As a single mother looking to support herself and her child I would recommend looking elsewhere.
Fun work place
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 30, 2018
Great work environment ,Great having a job where you get smiled at all day long ,Posive work environment,Good pay Love the experience i got it was amazing
Pros
A job where you get smiled at all day long
Cons
Short breaks
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 25, 2018
i really loved working here. i love working with kids and pets and families and knowing they hang up pictures i took in their home and hand them out to their friends and family made me so happy.
Love , hate relationship
Studio Manager (Fredericksburg VA- 2 Locations) (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 24, 2018
I love the job but it is in a dying industry- cutbacks and flooding the market with coupons are the first sign of a sinking ship. I have been through bankruptcy three times with this company and I need to understand there is not a whole lot of advancement opportunities here. I love the creative aspect and doing what I love has kept me here longer than I should be; I have sacrificed family and holiday time for little to no recognition and continual restrictions.
Great Part Time Jobs for Photographers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Great job for college students wanting to practice their photography skills. Also great for sales training and customer service. Don't fear the kids, beware of the moms.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 10, 2018
A normal a work is Making sure people are on time for their appointments and making sure they are checked in and ready to take picture.After the picture are taken showing the all the deals and packages so the people can get the pictures and products they want.
I learned how to work in a busy environment and how to deal with the public. The work place was a very great place everybody just wanted to work and also help each other achieve the goal of the day. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the public and just being able to keep my composer when the store got busy. The best part of the job was making sure the costumer left with what they paid and them being happy with our work.
love working with the customer and there children
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2017
A typical day at the Picture People normally I would work 10-11 hours 5 days a week. I was salary so my position required me to work 45-50 hours a week. I photograph, print, ring register, clean do inventory, hire, cash deposit to the bank, and make schedules.Doing holidays I work 50+ hours. I have a very great team. I am a very competitive person so we worked hard to meet our daily sales goals. The workplace culture is to be very warm and friendly our goal is to create a happy loving environment. Hardest part is when the system or printer goes down and we are unable to deliver customers there photo's same day. Also being away from my kids 12+ hours a day,especially holidays season. I have been doing this type of work for over 10 years and I love seeing moms face light up when they see the beautiful photo of there children. Also seeing the precious little babies grow up.
Pros
employee discount, benefits
Cons
long hours, short breaks
Develope filn print photos
photo developer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 12, 2017
I learned a lot .Which helped me get my next job. I learned how to prepare the film. Develop the film. Print the photos. How to choose the best photos for the customer to choose from.
Fun Place to work
Head Photographer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 12, 2017
Typical day at work was taking care of our clients. Makings sure they had the greatest time taking pictures with us. I learned how to interact with big families. Management was great the culture was great fun. Hardest part of the day was when it was slow and nothing to do but you couldn't leave because you had to wait for your release to come in.
Pros
Awesome place
Cons
N/a
work experience at picture people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 10, 2017
working at picture people wasn't the best place to work at because they'd either give you too many work hours or too little. when the store was slow the manager would let half the staff go home early, s they were unable to fulfill their scheduled hours.
Quiet but engaging workplace that would get busy on weekends.
Studio Associate (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 8, 2017
It was interesting to work there, the individual and staff I encountered were always engaging and encouraging. The working habits were positive and the focus was always the customers satisfaction
Lack of organization and consistency
Key Holder Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 1, 2017
Work days could be completely uneventful or overwhelming at the drop of a hat. You could be alone when four appointments walk in. You learn a lot about photography in a studio setting. Management is lack and sometimes uncaring. People who work there sometimes don't care either. The most enjoyable part is making people smile and capturing their happiest moments for whatever occasion.
Pros
meeting fun people
Cons
no break room, no rest time
Temporary CS Rep for Pet Smart Department
Temporary Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 29, 2017
I enjoyed the work and would have liked to have stayed on but it was only a temporary job. Management and coworkers were nice, there wasn't a lot of workplace drama, and I liked working there.
Great start for beginners
Portrait Photographer (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GANovember 2, 2017
I highly recommend this job for people staying off in photography and are interested in portraiture. It gives you a basic formula for how one can operate a portrait business from capture, to editing to sales. All products were in house. The store had its own set of custom sized frame options and texture. And had industry leading technology. The equipment was also industry standard. Their client base ranged from families pets, high school juniors and seniors to professionals.
Pros
Great environment, fun clients
Cons
Limited benefits, not able to customize lighting setups, not very challenging.
Creative and fun if you enjoy photography
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOOctober 22, 2017
Great workplace. Fast paced with great advancement opportunities. Can be very stressful during holiday season. Great training program if non experienced.
Pros
Work with new people everyday, fun and creative environment
Cons
Holiday season can be very stressful as it is a very high volume studio
Fast-paced environment working with families
Senior Photographer (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley, OROctober 19, 2017
Fun, Fast-paced environment. Worked with multiple families per day, photographing photo sessions and providing packages individualized to the customers needs.

Multi-Tasking. Answering phones, scheduling appointments, checking in sessions and maintaining an efficient workflow.

Worked closely with management to achieve daily sales goals.

Teamwork. Each associate played an important role in achieving goals and maintaining an efficient workflow.

Working closely with families, photographing and documenting the children's growth milestones and family occasions was very rewarding.
Pros
Discounts on pictures and products.